x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
Samsung Function Discussions
  • Options
    Close

pricing of samung function?

chels, (unregistered) 17 May 2011, 16:12 posted on

does anyone have an idea of how much this phone will be? because i am definitely not paying the price of 299.99 just like the droid charge, that's rediculous.

posted on 18 May 2011, 11:03

1. B (unregistered)

I bet it's gonna be $299.99 cause thats what they had other 4g's going for. I think they will miss out on alot of buys bc of this price point.

posted on 18 May 2011, 16:29

2. Wooga (unregistered)

Just as HTC Thunderbolt pricing is now dropping fast, Samsung Charge will follow suit and I would guess Function will come on at $300 price point. If Verizon doen't degrade it's Galaxy 2S heritage too much I might buy it at that price, especially if they give us a way to remove bloatware.

posted on 25 May 2011, 16:17

6. corymcnutt (Posts: 13; Member since: 01 Oct 2009)

They will sell like hotcakes, even at $300. This phone is so much more than the other 2 and the Charge started out at $300 as well. If you refuse to pay that much, I'm afraid you'll have to look elsewhere. We want dual (quad) core processors, lots of memory, high res screens, great cameras, etc. and yet we don't expect to pay more for it than a DroidX? It doesn't make sense; the price of everything is higher. The memory card alone would cost you $60 on Amazon, so you can't expect to pay $200!

posted on 20 May 2011, 17:09

3. LApussyHUNTER (unregistered)

The real question is will this have 4G LTE? There has yet to be confirmation that this phone will have it. If it does 4G LTE, then I believe this will be the only Dual-Core and 4G LTE phone out there.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

posted on 20 May 2011, 23:49 1

4. hreppert (Posts: 2; Member since: 20 May 2011)

LA - You're right. The Charge has 4G LTE but a Hummingbird processor (not dual-core). The Function promises to have both plus a number of improvements that may make it worth wating for: Like, a 2 megapixel front camera, new Touchwiz 4 user interface, and hopefully a longer battery life. I'd love to see Verizon keep the GSM world phone capability of the Galaxy 2S, but giving the U.S. market equal access to world communication is not in their business plan. Delivering devices that sell contracts to their network is where their entrepreneurial heart lies.

posted on 23 May 2011, 12:29

5. LApussyHUNTER (unregistered)

hreppert I too would like to see both GSM and CDMA capabilities, for the rare occassion I go outside of the USA, but I believe alot of the carriers are leery to let users bring their phones to another network. I wouldn't be surprised if Verizon required Samsung to eliminate the GSM capability.

May I ask where you got the information that says the Samsung Galaxy S2 will have 4G LTE capability?

If this is has 4G LTE capability, then its bye bye iphone

posted on 25 May 2011, 18:16

7. LApussyHUNTER (unregistered)

Apparently, according to this website, the Samsung Galaxy S II will have 4G LTE capability:

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Samsung-Function_ id5535

posted on 24 Jun 2011, 01:52

9. wagga! (unregistered)

@LApussyHUNTER(love the name) yes it will have 4g LTE as far as i know, of course it hasn't been confirmed but it has that HSPA+ or whatever on ATT which is basically their 4g so if Verizon wants to keep up they will be adding that 4g

and also it will be about $300 and MAX $350, i dont expect it to be $350 but dam 1.2ghz dual core, 1 gig of ram, HUGE super amoled+ screen, 12 hour+ talk time battery, the possibility of 4g, 2.3 gingerbread preloaded, 1-2gig ROM, 16/32gig internal with a 32 gig SD card slot for a total of 64 got dam gigs, and plenty more im probably forgetting! this is THE phone to have!

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories