Not at all
Joe (unregistered) posted on 23 May 2011, 11:24 0 0
Not ridiculous at all? This thing will cost Verizon FAR more than $300. This is essentially a 1.2Ghz dual core laptop, an 8Mp camera, a 2Mp camera, a 1080p HD camcorder, cell phone, etc. all in one. How is it that $300 is unreasonable? Bottom line is if you think $300 is too much for this phone, you really have no business buying it in the first place.
1. B (unregistered) posted on 23 May 2011, 14:16 0 0
Verizon and every other cell company makes more from your contract so they better bend over and take it and give me a deal on the phone or they lose customers to other carriers. BTW $300 is not a deal either lol. Plus they dont do new every two anymore so they are making more money from the savings. They dont have control anymore, the little carriers will keep taking market share if they dont subisize and make them different.
2. GreekManX (unregistered) posted on 04 Jun 2011, 18:11 0 0
You should know what you are talking about before you speak. I work for Verizon Wireless and I can tell you they do not make that much money off you as you think. So before you spout at the mouth do you research.
The phones cost Verizon full retail for example like $650 for the iPhone. Plus think about it weather you are a add a line family plan or a single line customer you pay the same ie if you are an add a line customer they make $40/Mo for you for 20 Months because thats when you can upgrade again. and as a add a line with talk and text you can text 20K messages if you want and never costs more then 9.99 plus you internet for 29.99. So thats $800 before you count any actual usage fees and charges they have to pay for you to use the service. now minus the amount they give you off the device. ie the iPhone which is 450 off with an upgrade so that means now they make $350 in two years off you minus any usage fees and access charges for your service. now do you really think $350 in 2 years before access charges they pay is that much? Do you really deserve a better deal? Move to anywhere else in the world and pay 600-800 for a phone no subsidizing then you can complain america is the only place with contracts and subsidized phones. So be happy they give you anything off because that will change in time too.
3. bleh (unregistered) posted on 06 Jun 2011, 08:38 0 0
Just because you work at the Kiosk at the local Verizon store checking customers in when they show up, does not mean that you know Verizon's business practices.
7. koutrelakos posted on 25 Jun 2011, 18:24 0 0
Another ignorant poster.
1. He works for Verizon Wireless, not a kiosk or indirect retailer.
2. I work for a retailer, and what GreekMan posted (albeit with poor English) is more or less correct. Hypothetically, say a sales rep makes $80 profit for his store selling the Incredible 2 to a $9.99 extension. He would have made $300+ had the upgrade been on a base, or primary, line. An upgrade to a $110 base plan (2000 minutes) gives a sales rep an incredibly higher commission (and thus, Verizon Wireless more money) than an upgrade to the same phone on a $59.99 base plan. Verizon makes almost NOTHING selling these phones, why else do you think you can get a new one if you get the right representative via customer service, regardless of your situation?
Do you guys get it now? Do you? The iPhone 16GB costs roughly $187 to manufacture by Apple. Now how would Verizon go about making money by selling this phone at $199? A $12 profit for everyone buying an iPhone just doesn't cut it. Verizon could sell all of its phones at BELOW COST and still make more than enough to suffice.
Y'all need to READ and UNDERSTAND before you complain about the prices of these devices.
9. how2troll101 (unregistered) posted on 25 Jul 2011, 19:34 0 0
Your last sentence of bullet point #2 is a run on sentence.
4. A (unregistered) posted on 06 Jun 2011, 17:27 0 0
You do realize the amount of data a text message encompasses, right? 140 bytes * 20,000 = 2,800,000 bytes. In other words, that's roughly one photo you take on your camera.
6. koutrelakos posted on 25 Jun 2011, 18:15 0 0
You do realize just how vastly wrong you are, don't you. One text message = 21 KB. One picture taken (on my Incredible) is roughly 1-3 MB. 1000 KB in a MB. In other words...
please post correct information.
5. Mandingo (unregistered) posted on 25 Jun 2011, 12:06 0 0
If you don't got money to spend $250 or $300 on a phone then shop on craigslist and buy a used phone.
8. One-Eyed Willie (unregistered) posted on 14 Jul 2011, 10:43 0 0
High-end smartphones (such as the GSII) cost over $700 without a contract. Believe it or not, the store pays the same price you would for a phone... we discount it for you because we make a *slight* profit on the contract. Like Joe said, you're essentially getting a high-powered laptop for $400-$500 off the original price.
I would (and will have to) pay full retail price in order to enjoy the AWESOMENESS of this phone. I'll be laughing at you all playing with your cheap LG's! =P
Full disclosure- I work at an indirect retailer, not corporate Verizon.