x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
Samsung Focus Discussions
  • Options
    Close

Front facing camera?

J JAMES (unregistered) 05 Nov 2010, 08:51 posted on

In the close up picture of the Focus there appears to be a front facing camera(top left next to the speaker) I cant find anything on line to confirm this. the rep at the AT&T store told my it has one but I havent heard or read this anywhere else. is this only an overseas thing or does anyone know if the states will get t as well?

posted on 06 Nov 2010, 11:49

1. Drew (unregistered)

idk what you mean bout the whole overseas thing, but i've heard two different stories from many, on this website it says that it has one, then on some reviews it says it doesnt have one because WP7 doesnt support video calling yet, but thats interesting the AT&T sales rep. said it does, up until now i was thinking it didnt but ill have to look more into it

posted on 07 Nov 2010, 01:18

2. Ken (unregistered)

No there is not a front facing camera on the device, just like on all touch screen phone they have sensors in the front corner of the device, and that is what you are seeing.

posted on 08 Nov 2010, 19:27

3. outergeek (unregistered)

Ken is correct its the sensor to shut the display off then its up to your face.. if it was a camera it would be located on the other side of the device.

posted on 17 Nov 2010, 17:12

4. grnbd (unregistered)

It's a front facing camera.

I plugged it into a XP netbook to charge it. The netbook found a new device and set it up as a camera. When I click on the camera icon i can see my face.

posted on 01 Apr 2011, 16:48

14. KK (unregistered)

"
It's a front facing camera.

I plugged it into a XP netbook to charge it. The netbook found a new device and set it up as a camera. When I click on the camera icon i can see my face.
"

Please confirm if this is true. I was not able to see it as a webcam on XP

posted on 25 Aug 2011, 14:24

18. mustang500 (unregistered)

Hey if you have a camera (not your phone) could you email me a picture of you doing that. Email: jesusfreek500@live.com

posted on 20 Nov 2010, 09:41

5. lonbordin (unregistered)

The Focus does not have a front facing camera.

posted on 27 Dec 2010, 09:30

6. SiD (unregistered)

this is rediculous, everyone contradicts everyone else in very absolute terms.

posted on 07 Jan 2011, 17:44

7. Drew (unregistered)

Eh, this is a bit of a late response, but I can't find any answers from any other websites. It definitely looks like a camera as there are two twin hidden lenses to the left of the speaker. I'm going to go with grnbd and say it is a front facing camera. I'm assuming they serve some purpose as protective screens offer an opening for them. However, it seems there's literally no support for them, apps or otherwise.

posted on 07 Jan 2011, 17:47

8. Drew (unregistered)

Forgot to say what I might think it is. It might possibly be a very low resolution camera in order to auto-detect lighting for screen display and other purposes.

posted on 07 Jan 2011, 22:42

9. BigDaddyChacon (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Jan 2011)

The Samsung Focus does NOT have a front facing camera. It has a proximity sensor and a light sensor.

posted on 10 Feb 2011, 09:19

11. focussamsung (unregistered)

Prox. sensor is on speaker grill
Light is to left or right

posted on 10 Feb 2011, 09:16

10. focussamsung (unregistered)

Probably the front facing camera is dormant until Microsoft unlocks that feature.

posted on 14 Mar 2011, 15:47

12. steve jobs (unregistered)

Hey everyone ck out this awesome windows phone in action. Watch it watch live tv while driving. Iphone or android cant do that.

youtube.com/thewebmogul

posted on 18 Mar 2011, 21:17

13. richjime (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Mar 2011)

no front facing camera

posted on 20 Jul 2011, 11:18

15. Boricua (unregistered)

To use front camera press and hold camera key, volume down key, and power key all at the same Time

posted on 07 Aug 2011, 16:22

16. gigi (unregistered)

ikr! i see the thing in the front but idk ne thing about it.?

posted on 25 Aug 2011, 12:45

17. Mustang500 (unregistered)

We all know that at least one of the 2 is a light sensor, but about the other 1 I'm not sure. Microsoft will be releasing the 7.1 update (code name mango) this fall, in the update a front camera will be supported for apps and a possible Skype app. Will the Focus support the front camera, I'm not sure, but i really hope so.

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Buy Accessories

Latest stories