Samsung Focus Flash User Reviews

Battery8.3/10
Reception9.7/10
Display9.3/10

geomuro
posted on 21 Nov 2012, 20:31 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)

samsung focus flash

geomuro has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

i like that it is fast and i like the apps and i also like the internet speed and the texting iss good it is a very good phone and it dosent have any problems and i also like the price. the samsung focus flash is a really good phone to buy and i alsos like how you can swicth to battery saver

Build quality 10/10 because it is very good phone and its fast
Everyday usage 10/10 i use a lot everyday
Text input 10/10 i like how i could text fast and good
Display 10/10 i like the colors and the design
Battery 10/10 the battery is fine

Pros

• price
  • internet speed
  • design
  • quality
  • text input
  • calling

Cons

• it froze one time

PedroC88
posted on 14 Jun 2012, 08:52 (Posts: 0; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)

Excellent Phone with an even better price.

PedroC88 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

First of all I have to say that the whole windows experience is marvelous so no matter which Windows Phone you buy you're in for a treat. However, somethings on some phones might not work as well as a high-end users might expect. I got this phone unlocked and brand new for less than $250, which makes it an awesome price tag and entry point for a Windows Phone.

The phone runs great and I've had extremely minor performance issues, though sometimes I have to reboot the phone 'cause it becomes "unresponsive", it seems to be working but the hard-buttons don't all work, everything goes back to normal after a normal soft-reboot, which by the way takes less than 1 minute including the shutdown.

The battery doesn't last long under excessive use like playing games, making long phone calls (ex.: 45 mins long phone calls) or being under 3G/4G all the time, I switch to EDGE a lot to save battery, which btw heats a lot while charging.

The camera is really nice when under daylight but it's way to noise on dark shots, so if you plan to be taking lots of pictures on dark spaces, this might not be a suitable phone. Multimedia and audio quality are really good, I must say that I couldn't listen to much music in my previous [some other brand] phone because I'm quite demanding when it comes to audio quality (so much that I currently own Audio-Technica as my every headphones), but this phone makes it sound really good, just don't expect to find any EQ in Zune though.

This is a 4G capable phone...

Build quality 10/10 The phone feels really well made, it's not so light that feels cheap and a metal plate on the back it's really nice.
Reception 9/10 So far the bar reception is great but it has happened to me, ever since I got this phone, that sometimes people call me and the call doesn't go through.
Call quality 9/10 I hear people pretty clearly and so they hear me, but sometimes I get minor noice. Not sure if it's the phone though.
Internet 10/10 No issues here, the browser is fast and the connectivity is great.
Multimedia 10/10 The whole experience is well designed, although I'm not very fond of the zune desktop player as a media player. Also the feature to tell a song you're hearing and taking you to the marketplace so you can buy it it's something I find extremely usefull.
Camera 8/10 Pictures are really good on daylight but there's just too much noise on dark shots. The 5 MPs have also proven to be quite enough for me, have had no need for more than that.
UI speed 8/10 Nothing to say here, the same amazingly fast speed you would expect from any other Windows Phone with a 1.4 GHz and 512 RAM.
Everyday usage 10/10 I come from blackberry and I must say I need a phone that DOES things, this one integrates beautifully with my email, calendar and (not so much here but also) tasks, multimedia experience is awesome and the graphics in games are stunning.
Text input 10/10 First phone where I can use autocrrections and fully trust. Nothing more to say than awesome.
Display 9/10 Th display is really nice blacks look real black and it looks good on daylight, but I find that the automatic brightness sets the screen sometimes lower than it should making the screen less beautiful, although quite readable and visible.
Battery 6/10 So far I haven't ran out of battery, but that because I'm always near a plug, battery lasts for less than 6 hours when used lightly and as low as 3 hours if you make really long phone calls, like 45 mins calls. Also it heats a lot while charging (and having a metal plate on the back does not help the heating).

Pros

• Price
  • Performance

Cons

• Heats a lot while charging
  • Battery doesn't last long
  • Pictures are too noisy at night

igogen
posted on 16 Nov 2011, 09:51 (Posts: 0; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)

Nearly perfect smartphone

igogen has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I have recently replaced my Android smartphone HTC ARIA with Samsung Focus Flash based on Windows Phone Mango OS. All modern phones are too cumbersome, but this one attracted me by the compact size and a decent 3.7” screen. A price $49.99 is very attractive as well. I basically use a smartphone for calling, emailing, messaging, and occasional Internet browsing. Some time I use it as an e-reader and don’t care about music and video services. From this point of view I have explored the Samsung Focus Flash comparing it of course with HTC ARIA.
First of all, this phone is very well designed and has a fantastic hardware platform. The screen is bright and responsive, and all tasks run very smoothly. The Internet browser responds fast, and is easily scaled on the screen. Interestingly, for some reason the phone doesn’t have a LED, indicating the charging process. You should turn the phone on to check a condition of the battery. That is not a problem but less convenient.
The phone has an excellent earpiece and speaker, and the call quality comparing with ARIA is really impressive. Access to the keypad needs one click more that ARIA, that isn’t a big deal of course. More importantly, Windows Phone OS unlike of Android doesn’t support the “speed dial” mode. To place a call you should click a name from the contact list or call history. Otherwise, dial the entire 10-digit number.
One thing seems to me as really inconvenient is a too small font for messaging and especially for icon tags....