Samsung Fascinate User Reviews

Reception7.9/10
Display9.2/10

Windsponge195656
posted on 13 Sep 2010, 19:58

Not very good where it counts.

The screen is beautiful over all system not that bad. But many bugs The wi-fi would show full bars and half the time it would say no connection. Gps would not connect to bing maps at all. Google was not much better. Took phone back got another and it did same. This is not the way a good phone acts. Verizon blew it and it is a shame. Could have been a great phone.

Pros

• Screen, Size

Cons

• Gps Wi-fi other bugs

hot2fit
posted on 12 Sep 2010, 23:03

Solid

Ok..so being locked into Bing SUCKS!  I agree, but soon google search will be an option and all will be right with the world. Beside that, this phone is Solid! The screen is amazing, the platform is fantastic and the battery life is surprisingly acceptable. My biggest complaint was I would have to unlock the screen at the end of a call, but I downloaded No Lock app and problem was resolved.  Swype texting is actually very accurate and much easier to use than I expected.  I am coming from a BB Bold and am happy about the switch, but YES.... looking forward to Google Search.

• Performance
  • Platform
  • ease
  • swype

Cons

• Bling !!!
  • Search
  • Screen going to lock (Even set at screen lock at 10 minutes, but resolved with No Lock app)

clarence
posted on 12 Sep 2010, 13:31

just bought samsung fascinate

I was a long time blackberry user and a advocate on avoiding a touch screen phone.  It took me several hours to get use to typing and i like it a little more than i did after leaving the store.  The major concern of mines is the music player the blackberry allowed me to leave the phone in the holster and have full fuctionality of the music player which i am unable to do now.  Is there a music player in the android market that will do the same.   And i have noticed the signal strength appears to really low my blackberry is showing full bar.  smh!

Pros

Cons

• no external music controls

jselden
posted on 10 Sep 2010, 17:16

From Incredible to Fascinate

Just recently upgraded to the Incredible and it was a good phone.  But I got tired of it quickly.  I could not see the screen outside and battery life was not good even after Froyo 2.2

So I upgraded to the Fascinate

I have only had the phone for a few days, but am very familiar with android platform.  Verizon already stated in Froyo there will be the option for Google and not completely locked into Bing. It does come loaded with some bloatware other than bing as well like Blockbuster and weatherbug but I have no plans to use them.

This is not a phone to be overlooked just because of Bing.

Pros

• +Good battery life of heavy use I am still over 60%.
  • +Screen is beautiful.
  • +Touch Wiz: I love the lay out. simple, and organized.
  • +Photo viewer and music player both are well organized easy to use.
  • +Docking Station: is great with a built in App for dock mode.
  • +Camera: Despite being lower than my Incredible it takes very clear photos.
  • +Lastly the speed of the phone. Compared to the Incredible they both run 1ghz processors. But the Fascinate runs so smoothly. Everything loads instantly.

Cons

• +Bing: While it is not as invasive as people have made it out to be, it still sucks. But i have downloaded Google maps, and set it as my default and also set a bookmark icon on my desktop so I go right to Google.
  • +Camera: Went from a 8mp with dual led flash to a 5mp single led flash. The camera takes very crisp photos though. And you cannot add geo tagging to the photos.

posted on 09 Sep 2010, 21:54

Had this phone for a day and its going back! It works they way it is suppose to but I hate texting and typing email on the phone. Every thing seemed more difficult than it needs to be. Fascinate going back and activating my BB Bold! Much better for texting and email!

Pros

• Nice browsing experience....

Cons

• Terrible for texting and any type of text input!

posted on 09 Sep 2010, 20:21

Amazing

I wanted the Iphone but it never came out on verizon. For the past 2 years I was a blackberry user. I was looking at all the droid phone and this one is really great. Great design, very fast. I love it. Never going back to a blackberry again. The phone look and design is incredible. Its the perfect size.

Pros

Cons

• too good

Chrisld85
posted on 09 Sep 2010, 14:53

Beautiful and fast phone.

As the person who posted before me...I to have only had the phone for a few hours...It does resemble the Iphone...very fast & a large screen. Coming from the LG Ally which I only had for 28 days and then it started rebooting on me I went and picked this Fascinate up today I planned on getting the Droid 2 but this was a better deal. Cant wait for Froyo 2.2 to make it even bettert.

Pros

• Screen, CPU

Cons

• Nothing

Mark Quest
posted on 09 Sep 2010, 14:16

Samsung Fascinate Impresses

I have only had the phone for aobut 3 hours. I love the interface. It is the closest thing to come to verizon that mostly resembles the Iphone. From the moment you pick it up, you will think you are holding an iphone with a larger screen and lighter in weight. I was between 3 phones, this, Droid 2(which I am not a fan of the texture of the slide keyboard, Droid incredible which I think has too many buttons. This phone was brand new today. As the verizon rep set up my phone he commented that it moved and navigated faster than his Droid incredible.
I love everything about this phone except.... so far I have only made several phone calls and most people have told me that the clarity wasnt as good as my previous phone which was the Env3touch. Clarity on my end seems fine but this is what callers have shared with me.

Pros

Cons

• May not have the best clarity for phone calls, to be determined