Samsung Fascinate User Reviews

UI speed7.9/10
Camera8.3/10
Multimedia8.3/10

9Inches
posted on 21 Jan 2012, 01:10 (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)

Great for my !st Android

9Inches has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Does not have 4G speed but internet isn't bad as long as it goes through YouTube without the video having to load again then i got no complaints. internet was pretty good even when i had 2 bars of signal.no complaints except for picture messages because my phone didn't download the pictures (but problem got fixed after a couple of updates) greatest thing about this phone is its battery for an android its awesome and even for a standard phone's battery its still pretty impressive.

Pros

• Basically Everything

Cons

• Pics didnt load at first

aactingstar
posted on 17 Dec 2011, 16:14 (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)

Blah

aactingstar has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Not a great phone if you have it longer then e few months. It worked great until I started downloading apps. Apps would constantly force close and then it would freeze whenever it felt like it. I liked how it looked and bought it off of someone only because my Droid X wasnt working. It was better then the Droid x but ended up giving me problems as well.

Call quality 8/10 No one could ever hear me
Internet 7/10 Terribly slow

Pros

• the screen

Cons

• everything else

Spencer503
posted on 09 Oct 2011, 20:01 (Posts: 0; Member since: 09 Oct 2011)

I'm fascinated to be rid of it.

Spencer503 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I had 5 Samsung Fascinates. Initially they worked okay. Reception was terrible and after about 4 months things went from bad to worse. My daughters phone became inoperable. My phone dropped over 300 calls in a one month time period. After numerous calls to Verizon and a lot of complaining all 5 got replaced with HTC Incredible 2's. I liked the Samsung Fascinate for its ease of use and all but as far as performance goes it was the worst phones we have ever owned.

Reception 2/10 Terrible reception and dropped calls.
Call quality 4/10 Poor reception
UI speed 3/10 Locked up constantly
Everyday usage 2/10 There were many times my phone would not even connect to the network. My daughter couldn't use her phone at all.

Pros

• Stylish
  • Great Screen

Cons

• Terrible Reception
  • Dropped Calls over 300 X in one month
  • Had 5 of these and all had problems.

calihdt
posted on 20 Jul 2011, 17:17 (Posts: 0; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)

Love the Fascinate

calihdt has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This is my first android phone and I love it! I had and LG Cosmos for my last phone so this is a BIG improvment! The touch screen was something that I had to get used to but once I did I can't see going back to anything else! I love the apps that are available in the market and have utilized many of them. The graphics are great and the call quality is wonderful. I have never had a dropped call. I would recommend to anyone that purchases a phone, esspecially one with such a large screen and one that cost so much, to purchase a screen protector and at least a hard case for it. They are well worth the money!!!! Cellairis is a great place to purchase these items and they will put on the screen protector for u and let u try on the cases before u buy them. Check it out. It is at least worth a look and it makes your phone look more unique then just black!

Pros

• Great first time android phone

mr. droid
posted on 07 May 2011, 19:19 (Posts: 278; Member since: 21 Aug 2010)

NOT so fascinating. GARBAGE phone

mr. droid has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I owned one of these before and it fell WAY short of what I was looking for, or so I thought. SO I bounced back and forth between phones for the past couple months, hoping a new batch of fascinates would prove to be better, I decided to get the new HTC incredible 2 on 5/5/11, and returned it on 5/6/11, due to the plastic insert around which the charger plugs in. it was VERY loose, SO I exchanged it and what happens? I get the phone and leave verizon with the new fascinate, go to have a screen protector installed and the gentleman at the place installing my screen protector notices a tiny crack starting to form on the side of the phone near the bottom, SO this morning I take the phone back and the store says no, its fine deal with it. I was pulling into the sprint parking lot when I decided to call verizon customer care. They called and talked to the store and came to that the store manager will look at the phone and make a decision, which after a half hour of him staring at it, decides I do have the option to swap it out for another fascinate, which I did, and now the new one is like the old one I had back in November, with a REALLY loose volume button that rattles like a baby rattle, very noisy and irritating. the ONLY two solutions I have now after talking with verizon.. buying a new phone at retail (since I am not eligible for new upgrade) OR purchasing one of three certified pre-owned phones at a reduced price, neither of which I am interested in, and other issues.

Build quality 1/10 Its nice and shiny, but that gets all covered up, BUT its very cheaply put together and poor choice of materials.
Reception 1/10 dropped calls all day today
Call quality 1/10 low volume settings its clear but too quiet to hear, turn it up and its all "crackling" sounding
Internet 1/10 slow. it loads about 3/4 of a page and thats it. then it just sits there and tries to load until you stop it and then lags real bad.
Multimedia 1/10 sends MMS messages real well and receives them but thats where it ends.
Camera 1/10 slow camera speed. photos are over exposed and look very pixilated and cloudy
UI speed 2/10 it does not lag but there is no where near as much customization as HTC sense
Everyday usage 1/10 it works when it wants to, which is pretty much all the time, but both I had were going in and out of 3G and 1X, its real hard to hold on to because of how "slick" textured the phone is and is easy to drop
Text input 1/10 cramped keyboard for texting, swipe is no faster because you have to select the word all the time from a list.
Display 1/10 its good, but when the screens are getting small cracks in them, its no good. my friend got one of these phones about 4 weeks or so ago and after charging it, the "unplug charger" banner image is burned on to the screen
Battery 1/10 it WAS good, but once the 2.2 froyo update was installed, it goes through the battery from a full charge to needing to be charged in no more than 4 or 5 hours, even with moderate usage.

Pros

• nice display

Cons

• where do I start? EVERYTHING.

mr. droid alternatives:

redstu36
posted on 06 May 2011, 12:56 (Posts: 37; Member since: 28 Sep 2008)

Verry cool...

redstu36 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Well I have had the Fascinate for over a month now and it is a great smart phone for a first timer. I am impressed with the apps already stored on it and the availability of the apps in the Android Market. Very cool for my first smart phone. This phone is in a word, fun. It fits great in my big hands and looks impressive too. The screen is large, sharp and responsive. Far better than my old Rogue. The menus are easy to understand and navigate. Better than the other phones that I was looking at (not going near another Motorola). Texting is a breeze, never thought that a virtual keyboard was that easy to use. After hearing that Android 2.2 was not on this phone, got it through Verizon and it updated to the new OS immediately. Now the bad stuff. Reception is never at full strength even when my wife's LG Vortex is, but still does what I need it to do with only 2 bars showing so thats all right I guess.The battery drains really quickly (less than 8 hours after casual use) but that is par for the course from what I'm told. The back battery door can scratch/smudge really easily even with a case and is a bit flimsy for this style of phone. All in all a good phone that is easily upgradeable with as many apps as you would want and does more with less than what other phones have. I have messed around with friends' iphones and this one is comparable in every respect.

Build quality 8/10 Though it has a great feel, it's plastic and slightly flimsy battery cover can scratch easily.
Reception 5/10 Not great at getting good signal. My old Rogue was no better however.
Call quality 7/10 The few phone calls I have made are good sounding enough but I have had 1 or 2 drops.
Internet 9/10 The browser is nice but a bit slow.
Multimedia 9/10 Plays all the videos I have from my old phone but still has trouble with Flash videos played through browser.
Camera 10/10 Haven't had a better camera phone.
Text input 10/10 Really surprised by the speed and accuracy of the virtual qwerty.
Display 10/10 Real crisp and sharp.
Battery 6/10 Battery technology has yet to catch up with modern smart phones.

Pros

• Size, feel
  • Big clear screen
  • Ease of texting
  • Menus, navigation

Cons

• Signal strength not great
  • Battery drain

Jrife74
posted on 19 Mar 2011, 01:15

Samsung Fascinate

Jrife74 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This phone has the potential to beat any phone out right now. This is bassically a Nexus S. I love the Screen/speed. This phone kicks butt....Eats up the iPhone 4 is overall punch. Styling, built right... Samsung did right. Get an update for it Sammy...

Build quality 9/10 The phone is a little squeeky from the back door panel. Build quality is good overall. A little squeek. No big deal...Otterbox Impact case works well with the Fascinate.
Reception 9/10 Reception has been better than most. Not to bad. I rarely have 5 bars. 4 bars most places.
Call quality 10/10 The call quality is beautiful on this phone. Like it alot better than iPhone 3gs on AT&T
Internet 10/10 Works just fine. Works as good as internet works.
Multimedia 10/10 It's not bad at all. It's has alot going for it if you're smart enough to use the phone.
Camera 10/10 Camera is very clear. Impressed, very good for a Smartphone camera/Video recorder. The video is excellent rivals iPhone 4. Camera quality above average.
UI speed 10/10 Very speedy
Everyday usage 10/10 If you know how to maintain phone and keep it running. Android Booster is a free superb app that samsung should of added the the phone. It works like it was made for this phone. Stay away from other Task Killers.
Text input 10/10 Very good
Display 10/10 One of the best if not the best display to date.
Battery 10/10 Very good for a smartphone. Better than most and the screen is amazing. Very good!

• Processor (hummingbird)
  • Swype keyboard
  • dependability
  • style
  • loud speaker
  • Call quality superb
  • Internet speed (very fast)
  • Screen responsive

Cons

• Reliability of you don't know what you're doing
  • No 2.2 Froyo or 2.3 Gingerbread (way past due on update)

WhoDat808
posted on 16 Feb 2011, 22:17 (Posts: 0; Member since: 16 Feb 2011)

Good Phone

WhoDat808 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I had this phone for about 3 months and battery life is pretty good. Internet could be faster but the screen is GREAT!!! I think that I'm probably getting the Droid X sometime this month because I dont want the HTC phone coming out or the iphone because i hate apple. lol

Build quality 8/10 It's just plastic and i prefer metal
Battery 9/10 -i charge it every night -it will last 14-20 hours -install advanced task killer

Pros

• nice screen

Cons

• plastic

jasons73
posted on 08 Feb 2011, 07:36 (Posts: 5; Member since: 08 Feb 2011)

Great phone with minor drawbacks

jasons73 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I love everything about this phone with the exception of a few minor qwirks.

On the positive it has a nice 4" SAMOLED screen which is the perfect size in my opinion. 4.3" was to big for me and 3.7" was too small. The form factor is very thin and fits comfortably into a pocket, even with a case. Some people do not like touchwiz, but personally I like it a lot. It has a LED flash which most of the other Galaxy S phones do not have.

Call reception is great. And 95% of the time call quality is also great. I have used the phone with bluetooth and speaker as well with no problems. I also have Google voice set up and works perfectly.

Camera I use almost everyday. It takes fantastic shots. I had a 7mp phone for a month before this and The quality on the Fascinate is still better. The stock Camera application also has plenty of features. The one draw back is the lack of a camera button.

Cons of the phone are the lack of a camera button as mentioned. There tends to be a lag once and a while with the phone itself. especially when using the market and installing apps. Bing stinks. I could do without. Samsung said down the road they will give you the option for Google or Bing.

Lastly my biggest complaint about the phone would be the updates. Samsung is very slow to push out updates. There has been lots of controversy about the reasons why but quite frankly to me they are just slow. When the phone came out it had 2.1 installed but 2.2 was already out for over 6 months.

Build quality 9/10 Solid phone, event with a plastic backing it still is very quality.
Reception 9/10 Shows i do not have full reception but never drop a call. Recent update fixed the issue which calculated the reception wrong.
Call quality 8/10 I sometimes have a static or reverb in the earpiece. But a simple reboot will fix the problem. Seems to happen less after recent updates to the phone.
Internet 9/10 Do not like Bing, But once I got around it everything works great.
Camera 9/10 Fantastic Camera. Just wish there was a camera button to take pictures.
UI speed 7/10 The worst feature of this phone is how the touchwiz interface will lock up time and again. A minor draw back which i can over look. But I love the look of touchwiz and one of the best interfaces I have used.
Text input 9/10 Swype, Android Keyboard. Whats not to love about any of them. Works great.
Display 10/10 Beautiful display.
Battery 9/10 Don't let reviews fool you. For starters this is a smart phone, it will use more battery than a simple phone. It easily lasts me from 6 AM to 10PM with plenty of battery life left. Days when I play a game or listen to a lot of music it still lasts for me.

Pros

• SAMOLED Screen
  • Touchwiz
  • MP3 PLayer
  • Multimedia
  • Gaming

Cons

• Lag
  • Bing
  • Samsung Updates

luv.2.ride
posted on 12 Jan 2011, 21:56 (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Jan 2011)

Okay.....

luv.2.ride has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Okay phone, returning it pronto. Hard to customize, hate the calander, no notification light, poor notification for apps like email and facebook, freezes up all the time.... My old storm was better than this even if it doesn't support angry birds... haha. Overall, I feel like for 300 freaking dollars I should LOVE my phone. Definately not in love with this one.

jkapster
posted on 15 Dec 2010, 01:35 (Posts: 47; Member since: 15 Dec 2010)

Galaxy S Rocks!

jkapster has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I go through phones like crazy, but i can finally say that im satisfied with what the Galaxy S has to offer. Awesome 4in SUPER AMOLED display, supports multiple movie formats, great multi tasker, take great pix. The phone I had before this was the DROID X (which by the way is not all it cracked up to be) and I must say the GALAXY S blows it away hands down!

Build quality 9/10 they could have made it so u dont have to take off the cover to get to the microSD card

Pros

• 4in SUPER AMOLED Display is clear and crisp

Cons

• they could have made it so u dont have to take off the cover to get to the microSD card but at least i dont have to remove the battery like on the DROIDX

brittanyh
posted on 27 Nov 2010, 11:43

samsung did it again :)

brittanyh has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I got the white one and I LOVE it! The phone is nice in size and feels good in the hand. I was pretty surprised that the camera was as good as it is although I do wish there was a dedicated camera button on the phone. Phone calls are clear and loud. Android is totally awesome!

• android
  • AMOLED screen
  • swype keyboard

Larry Wilson
posted on 17 Nov 2010, 00:20

Love the phone, hate the battery life...

Larry Wilson has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have been using the Fascinate for a little over a month now, and I don't regret choosing it over the other Droid-branded Verizon phones for my first contract phone. I almost passed it over because of the Bing issue, but it really isn't the catastrophe it's been made out to be. Then again, I don't really use Bing Search; I pull up the browser and go straight to Google.

If there's one thing that I could say really bugs me about the Fascinate is the miserable battery life. I can squeeze about 3/4 of a day out of it before it needs to be hooked up again. Hopefully that'll be one of the fixes Froyo brings. Second is the dizzy GPS. Samsung never should have released the Galaxy S series with a GPS that far out of whack, but even that is a moderate inconvenience for me, as I don't really use that function.

All in all, I don't regret going with the Fascinate. It took long enough, but the wait was mostly worth it.

Build quality 9/10 It's light, yet it's also put together very well
Reception 9/10 I don't seem to gave as good a signal in my office as I did with my old LG prepaid flip-phone, but it still beats anything I ever got with AT&T
Call quality 9/10 I never had a dropped call with Verizon, and fortunately that tradition continued with the Fascinate.
Internet 9/10 It's quite fast, when it gets a good signal
Camera 7/10 The image quality is excellent, but the interface sucks for taking a self-portrait. It would have been really great if Verizon gave it a front-mounted camera as well.
UI speed 9/10 It's very zippy, but I can't help but think that TouchWiz tends to slow it down somewhat. I also have ADWLauncher, and that seems to make things react even faster. It'll be interesting to see how performance picks up when it finally gets Froyo...
Text input 9/10 I thought using Swype would be harder than it ended up being, but now I can't live without it!
Display 9/10 Love the screen, but I wish it wasn't such a battery-killer.
Battery 3/10 I found the battery life to be completely unsatisfactory. I can't even get through a full day without it running down

Pros

• Lightweight
  • Very good call quality
  • Crazy-fast

Cons

• Abysmal battery life
  • No Froyo (yet)
  • No way to permanently disable TouchWiz for the default Android skin
  • Screwy GPS

RYANW7504
posted on 09 Nov 2010, 12:40 (Posts: 0; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)

Nice Big Screen But....

RYANW7504 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This Phone has a very nice and bright 4" screen that is viewable in the sunlight. The battery is very good because of the power saving options, but if you use the internet or music player alot it isn't much better than other phone. Pictures on the Internet are clear, but text zoomed out is a little fuzzy. power button on the side is nice but needs to be lower to help from hitting the volume rocker. There is some lag when changing screens or opening apps from timt to time. Camera has a nice zoom but pics have somewhat of a haze. Calls are clear through ear piece or speakerphone. Even after all that it's still a phone that is pretty good. ANDROID 2.2 hopefully will clean it up a little.

Pros

• viewable in sunlight
  • good battery
  • sound quality
  • 4" screen

Cons

• need better apps from samsung
  • touchwiz is a little to bubbly ( needs to be more business looking)
  • HTC SENSE runs a liitle smoother than HUMMINGBIRD

cowboypike
posted on 09 Nov 2010, 12:34

Best phone I have ever owned.

cowboypike has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This is the best phone I have ever owned. I have never had a smartphone. I have had no problems with the phone at all. I got it at US Cellular. The Bing issue others have talked about is not an issue with US Cellular. US Cellular uses a Google search engine as default. Battery Life is good compared to some of the stories I have heard about other Androids.

Build quality 10/10 Feels good in the hand. Light weight.
Reception 7/10 Not as many bars as last phone. But has never dropped a call.
Call quality 10/10 Sounds Great.
Internet 9/10 3g is good. Videos are slow to load.
Multimedia 10/10 Plays music and videos well.
Camera 9/10 Takes good pictures. not to many options.
Text input 10/10 on screen keyboard is easy to use.
Display 10/10 Awesome!!!!!!
Battery 10/10 Great compared to the stories I have heard. I charge about 1 to 2 times a day. If I charge it over night it will usually last all day. I don't always charge it overnight. I charge it when it is almost dead.

Pros

• It is a Great Phone.

Cons

• None.

sjung
posted on 22 Oct 2010, 18:53 (Posts: 15; Member since: 22 Oct 2010)

Fascinate-ing Smartphone

sjung has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone is great. I went through so many reviews of this phone before actually purchasing it but no regrets after all. Great display and call quality. Battery life honestly sort of surprised me (maybe my expectation level is too low) but even with my style of heavy daily use, phone holds up greatly!

Camera 9/10 Great quality but no dedicated button
Battery 9/10 Much better than what I expected despite heavy usage

Pros

• Great Display/Screen
  • Battery life is better than other complaints
  • Reception (Obviously it's Verizon! :))

Cons

• Bing (but not a big deal honestly)
  • The lights indicators are off after 3-4 seconds
  • No dedicated camera button
  • Size (little bit too long to perfectly fit in my chest pocket)

Cacia
posted on 03 Oct 2010, 16:06

Really Great Phone

I got this phone on Best Buys first "free phone friday" event, so I didnt pay a dime for it. I would have happily paid the $200 though because this phone really is great. I had actually upgraded a week earlier to the 9330, Verizon's newest Blackberry Curve model. Going from that phone to this one was like going from Windows 98 to Windows 7. The blackberry could keep my appointments and check my email and I really did like the keyboard, but was ugly (UI-wise), slow and outdated. Most of all, if I am going to pay $30 a month for internet on my phone I would like to ACTUALLY be able to browse the internet.And this phone delivered on every level the blackberry was lacking and much much more. The screen is probably the most kick-ass part of the phone as it is amazing. The Android 2.1 experience beats the shit out of that on my husband's Eris and although I am not a fan of Samsung's TouchWiz malarchy, the android operating system is so customizable that I have it working exactly as I'd like through little settings tweaks here and there.The phone comes with swipe, which I havent really caught onto yet, but the screen is so large that theres a lot more real estate for the keyboard. I rarely make mistakes while typing and dont feel cramped.About bing- its a little inconevient, sure. I hate Bing. Im buying an adroid phone because of my love for Google- why on earth would I want to use Bing?! But I suppose thats the beauty of android- you have the choice. And when I search for...

Pros

• + Everything
  • + Long battery life
  • + Crazy screen
  • + Cant wait for 2.2

Cons

• - Bing
  • - Bottom touch sensitive buttons back-lighting dont sync with screen
  • - No dedicated camera (hardware) button

cld_947
posted on 24 Sep 2010, 20:12

best phone

Best phone to date! specs can't match what vzw has to offer. Looked at all other phones almost went for the Droid x but this one beats it!!!!!  Beautiful screen, fast cpu, swype keyboard, battery life is great with the 1500 mAH. You will not go wrond with this phone!

Pros

• best hardware

Cons

• nothing

lee_1985
posted on 24 Sep 2010, 20:01

The best!!!

Got this phone when it released on the 9th, Awesome phone!!!!!!!!!   I looked at all the top end Android phones vzw had to offer and none had the best spec's that the Fascinate had. After having this phone for alittle over two weeks now haven't had no problems and after receiving the ota update for bug fixes its even better. Can't wait till 2.2 gets here should be released in October.

Pros

• Everything!

Cons

• no status indicator

Verizonguy30
posted on 23 Sep 2010, 08:54

Best new Android out there!!!!!

GREAT ANDROID!! I got it in the mail the other day and i was like a little kid on christmas morning hahahaha! All jokes aside this is a great phone! definitely a 10 out of 10! It has a big screen and is very light, although the battery is a little sketchy(drains a lot because of apps and etc.) and you have the Bing search engine instead of Google(Not that big of a deal) this phone is no doubt one of the best out right now!! I wanted to get my hands on a Droid X but had no luck until i had a co-worker brag about the phone so much, I just decided to get the Fascinate and the name of the phone stands for itself, the phone is fascinating! So much you can do with it! believe me if you want a phone that you can rely on for fun or ANYTHING! This is the phone to get!

Pros

• Apps, light weight, camera, fun, fun, fun!!!!

Cons

• battery a lil sketchy, but still great!

Hitdog
posted on 18 Sep 2010, 18:16

Don't let Bing fool you, this phone is the best Android.

I have owned the original Droid, the Droid Incredible, and most recently a Droid X.   I picked up the Fascinate because I saw a good deal on Craigslist and wanted to try it out.Let's just say the X is for sale.First, let's talk about the Samsung interface.  This thing is the closest looking phone to an iPhone out there.  It even has the 4 icon tray at the bottom, just like the iPhone, and it's customizable as to which icons you want there.   Unlike stock Android, Samsung's touch wiz does not make you scroll all the way up and down when in the software tray.  Rather, it's set up just like the iPhone, and you scroll left and right by page with 16 icons per page.  (sound familiar iPhone lovers?)You have the option to leave the software tray open all the time, or use the standard 7 home screens.  A nice touch.  Unlike stock android, where you cannot leave the software tray open.  This is a big deal, as it all of a sudden makes your screens endless if you choose to set it up that way.   No limit of 7 screens in the tray.. you can have as many as you wish.It also enables you to take full advantage of the widgets on the main screens and keep your s/w in the tray and not have to drag them out to the desktop screens.   Trust me, that's a big deal.  Bing is the default search and it's been talked about to death.  It's not a big deal.  Just make google.com your default web page and download google maps...

Pros

• Touchwiz
  • light weight and thin, very pocketable
  • familiar iPhone type set up
  • screen clarity
  • HD Video
  • Very customizable
  • Battery life surprisingly very decent.

Cons

• Calls a little tinty
  • Bing is default, but easily fixed

MOSABI
posted on 16 Sep 2010, 23:35

SAMSUNG FACINATE = FACINATING

LOVE this phone. IT works very crisp, and awesome. lots of memory, and the screen is beautifal.!!!  ITs not heavy. RECOMMEND TO ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    it also fits in the pocket and has lots of cababilities.

Pros

• EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!! SCREEEN

Cons

• .... cant think of a thing

Alison O
posted on 16 Sep 2010, 20:31

Love this phone

i just got this phone 3 days ago when taking a friend to upgrade her phone...I had an LG envy and HATED it..had that phone replaced over 10 times. while talking to sales guy I told him I was not due for an upgrade till feb then he asked if he could get me my upgrade now would i use it..I told him sure and that i wanted a droid (was not sure which model) he suggested the fascinate and then explained the phone to me...I love all tha apps they have for the phone and the screen is so bright. I would recommend this phone to anyone.....

Shelley Bevacqua
posted on 15 Sep 2010, 18:37

This phone is the love of my life

I am so glad I waited for this to come out. The screen is gorgeous and the visibility in direct sunlight is very good.The original Droid was useless in an outdoor setting.The music player and sound quality are both excellent. Loud and clear with your own pair of headphones. Pictures taken on the phone are also crisp and detailed.Video is also a strong point.Internet browsing is smooth and just a lovely experience.I rate this a 9.5 out of 10 ~Looking forward to Froyo 2.2

Pros

• Almost everything ! Beautiful screen.

Cons

• Bing is the default browser

C_S09
posted on 13 Sep 2010, 22:26

BEST PHONE TO DATE!

Great phone. Best Android phone Verizon has right now. big 4" scrren, very fast CPU (best cpu a Verizon phone has right now), alot of memory with the 16GB sd card. It has Bing as its search engine but you can go and download "Ultimate search widget" from the Android Market for 99 cents, It has voice built in it just like all the other Andoid phones come with. I like Bing, also the 2.2 update will have Google seach widget  available on the market to download.

Pros

• Everything.

Cons

• Could be cheaper...purchased at full retail price.