eh.. its ok. still not an HTC or Motorola.
mr. droid 09 Sep 2010, 02:36 posted on 0 0
this phone is going to be the one for the samsung fanatics. and thats the only reason for buying it. no 2.2 FROYO or anything like that available, so this phone is technically out of date as soon as it is activated right out of the box and no word from samsung or anyone else when the update will be available. weak reception even inside the verizon store. you are better off with the droid 2, droid X or incredible still. (even the ally is a nicer phone for the AVERAGE user, which does not apply to most of us here on this site)
1. mr. smartphone (unregistered)
i dont know, but it seems that maybe your take on samsung is a little bit biased? you base cell reception on one location? Also, your lack of patience seems to be altering your judgement of the phone. I personally don't have fascinate, but i have the epic 4g. And as awesome as the phone is now, i can't believe how amazing it will be once froyo is release in november. I came from HTC so i know good quality smartphones when i use one. and the galaxy s series is definitely an awesome lineup.
2. sjung (Posts: 15; Member since: 22 Oct 2010)
I believe the Fascinate isn't really for ONLY Samsung fanatics. I actually got this phone and I was actually a Droid user but just didn't quite enjoy having a keyboard although the phone was great. And come on, let's not start saying things like 'bad reception' based on one place. This is MUCH better than ally.
3. mr. droid (Posts: 278; Member since: 21 Aug 2010)
i find the ally better. i now have a droid x, and would trade it for a droid2 global (maybe even droid2) fascinate/continuum or even ally. its just too big and the fascinate would be as big as i would want to go. i have now owned and used all of the phones i just mentioned and the ally had the best reception. and i do not base this on one location.
4. jkapster (Posts: 49; Member since: 15 Dec 2010)
I had a DROIDX....talk about disappointing! Sure it was nice having froyo 2.2 (and now 2.3.340) but the features on the Galaxy S are so much better. Here are 5 things to think about:
1) The 4" SuperAMOLED display is more crisp, clear, and energy efficient than the 4.3" LCD display on the DROIDX
2) DROIDX only supports mpeg4 formats for movies, Galaxy S supports avi, divX, mp4, and a variety of other formats (so u dont have to keep converting movies etc)
3) Even with the 8MP dual LED camera the DROIDX take pictures that are crisp and clear only in the outside during the day or in a perfect light setting, you can forget about taking pix in the dark or indoors. The 5MP Galaxy S takes pics in virtually any light condition and comes out clear, even with the flash in a dark setting. It really is amazing!
4) To access the microSD card you have to take out the battery on the DROIDX. With the Galaxy S you remove the cover, but the phone is still on.
5) Sure you can hook up ur DROIDX via microHDMI cable/docking station but the playback is horrible. you can hear the data transfer through the speakers of the TV which totally ruins the HD experience.
Believe me this comment is not biased either. I have owned many motorola phones including the original DROID and DROIDX and the Samsung Galaxy S out does all of them. I can wait for the next gen samsung smartphones. It will definitely be interesting!
5. jkapster (Posts: 49; Member since: 15 Dec 2010)
lol...oh and the ally...that isnt even on the same playing field as the Galaxy S
6. Zack (unregistered)
Haha I had the Ally and it was crap. Now I got the Fascinate and I love it, and I don't actually miss the keyboard that much..