Samsung Exclaim User Reviews

Battery5.7/10
Reception5.4/10
Display5.3/10

jason102178
posted on 23 Mar 2012, 04:19 (Posts: 0; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)

Excelent Phone

jason102178 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

This phone is excellent and i would recommend to everyone.
I have had this phone for 2 yrs and it has never failed me yet.
Display- Large and very easy to read
MP3-Sound is awsome-plus comes with a 512 mb card
Size-Small enough to still fit in my pocket comfortbly
Text-the slider makes it possible even for the novice users to text, and the keys are nice.
Works very good with the Airave device for the people who are in areas that dont have good cell phone service

Build quality 10/10 The Build is nice, very sturdy and not fimlsy
Reception 8/10 Reception is very good , never have failed calls.
Call quality 10/10 Sounds just like a landline phone
Internet 6/10 for my area i found the internet to be slow
Multimedia 10/10 Very nice sound quality
Camera 6/10 Could of been at least a 3 mexapixel camera
Text input 10/10 Very nice keypad
Display 10/10 Very large screen and easy to read
Battery 8/10 Batery life could be a little better, i get about 4 hrs

Pros

• Great for Texting
  • Backlit keypad
  • Duel Slidder
  • QWERTY keyboard
  • Comes with memory card
  • Bluetooth 2.0
  • Design of phone
  • Large Buttons

Cons

• Battery life could of been a little better
  • Camera Could have been a little better
  • Doesn't hav e a flash for the camera like other phones
  • Back of phone comes off to easy making it possible for battery to fall out

dancer4life24
posted on 21 Dec 2011, 19:50 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Dec 2011)

NOPEE.

dancer4life24 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

i was IN LOVE with everthing about this phone, its color(PINKK

Pros

• good battery life

Cons

• mind of its own

Annonomous
posted on 15 Jul 2011, 11:58

Was good, now sucks

Annonomous has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I have had this phone for a year and month now. when i had it for about 3/4 of a year, it started turning on and off by itself, and the volume would say its on vibrate, and it would ring. I would watch it do this. It constantly had to b upgraded for it to keep somewhat functioning. These incidents have been becoming much more frequent. im not suppossed to be upgraded unitl april but i have a one-time upgrade available until the end of the month so i am going to take advantage of that to get away from this terrible phone. I do not reccomend unless this is just a temporary replacement.

Pros

• Durable
  • medium size keyboard for average sized women
  • battery lasts 1 day if u charge it at night

Cons

• not an averaged sized head phone port
  • crashes
  • constantly needs to b updated
  • volume changes by itself
  • turns on and off by itself

keke
posted on 18 Feb 2011, 21:42

ehhhh ardd

keke has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

ok so i had dis phone for a year and a couple months i saw all it offfers which isnt much by the way it looks it looks awsome DONT FALL FOR IT !i had soooooooooo much trouble wit dis phone first off if slide it 2 fast or 2 hard it would shut dwn then if i used the full keyboard i would hav to keep it like dhat if i wanted to txt anymre if i closed it it wud shut dwn i qot a lil tiny bit of water on dha screen i wipe it off as soon as i saw it my phone shut down compltely wouldnt turn on @ all i went threw 2 of thses n dha first one i had evrythin on the new one the second time i lost evrythin picz videos contacts evrything but i was lucky i had a sd card so i had sme picz internet shuts down idk why i hate when i slide it to the full key board and it goes to the mesgin meau n u cnt change it ugh wel one thing i like is the picz i take both keyboards youtube app. dhats about it but i cant wait for my up grade ohhh and try not 2 drop dis phone damages soooooooo easy stay away from water with this phone and i wish you much luck

Pros

• keyboards

SAMAURI
posted on 19 Jan 2011, 20:13

ummmm.......

SAMAURI has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

this phone was good at first then there was something inside the screen and slider. The battery is unreliable. I thought i would like the duel sliders but then i found that they were just annoying. Dont get this phone it is just a waste of money not worth it

Battery 1/10 unreliable holds charge for a day

Pros

• texting
  • durable
  • backlit keys

Cons

• doesnt auttomatly switch views when close one slider
  • bulky
  • camera supposed 2 b good horrible
  • headphone jack
  • personalization
  • duel sliders
  • send texts halfway through
  • pocket dial ALOT
  • flash on camera

Skwerl
posted on 02 Jan 2011, 17:58

its okay...

Skwerl has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I'm about to upgrade and I'm a teen who wants the newest phones. When the Exclaim was brand new I got it, but now I wish I didn't because my messages fail for some odd reason. I've had my phone shut off or freeze when I slide it

Pros

• dual slider
  • good reception

Cons

• bad battery
  • fails at text messing

cc
posted on 29 Dec 2010, 01:12

Well...

cc has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Ok, I have seen many reports on how this phone was great for a kid. I am a kid and I loved this phone for the first few months that I had it. One day the phone would no longer hold its charger and i would have to wiggle it around and it would take hours to charge. Eventually, it stop charging all together. Igot a brand new Samsung Exclaim and it would turn off if it slid it up and down too fast. Now it wont charge and I am getting a new brand of phone.

bigbruh95
posted on 05 Jun 2010, 17:52

2.3

booooooooooooooooooooooooo!

this phone is garbage! the data messes up the whole idea with the text messages and everything. it also takes two months for the internet to stop working! the perfomance ends up super slow and you will surely end up having to reset the WHOLE phone just like i did. the only part i like about this phone is the big screen and the youtube app.

Pros

• big screen

Cons

• internet
  • no touchscreen
  • data performance
  • texting

Stephani
posted on 29 Dec 2009, 21:31

good at first but then went down hill

I loved this phone when i first got it but it all started going down hill.1st- It started deleting texts I had just sent or recieved2nd- It told me i had no room left in my inbox and I had emptied it. My inbox was empty but it said I had no room for texts. So, I got a notification everytime I got a text but I could not see it. I took it into sprint and they said they fixed it but the next day it started doing the same thing again. I took it back in and they had to hard reset the phone. Now, 2 months later, it is starting to do the same thing.3rd-When it id plugged in and i try to do anything on it, it shuts off and takes 5 minutes to turn back on. Then if I try, it shuts off again. If I slide it open or closed, try to reply to a text, or call someone, it shuts off.I also bought a cover from sprint for it, and I had to stop using it because it made the phone so lose that it feels like it is going to fall apart.This phone is getting to be a pain to deal with and I am about to switch phones.

Pros

• great phone to start.

Cons

• text messaging screwing up
  • shuts off a lot
  • deleting texts

A to Z
posted on 11 Nov 2009, 12:40

GOOD PHONE

Okay, I've been a sprint customer with the same phone number for about 7 years now, and I can say I've been a pretty satisfied customer. I recently upgraded my Palm pre to the samsung exclaim (white) and now I am totally happy with my new phone. I mean wow what a change! I'm still not use to not having a touch screen but I love the triple sliding and all the app's. I have unlimted services so internet, music and facebook apps is a great addition to the phone. I'm a happy satisfied cutomer. Definatly recommend this phone.!!

Pros

• Sleek
  • 3-way slide
  • Tons of apps
  • Cool designs & colors
  • You can find cases and skins to make this phone your own!!

Cons

• No flash on camera
  • Not a touch screen

Chrissy
posted on 02 Nov 2009, 12:04

Love this phone!

When I switched to Sprint, I got the Samsung Rant. Ive only had Sprint for 5 months, and I went thru 6 rants already. It was horrible!!! So I finally went back into the store and told them that I cant take another rant, and that they had to do something. So he said "Im going to give you a free upgrade to the Exclaim, any color you choose". I was like "Whoa". I looked and played with the floor model and loved it. Got the white exclaim. Im a girl, but didnt want the raspberry. The white is classier. Anyhoo. I got the phone home and started to play with it, and I loved it. I havent had 1 problem since! Not one! I am so happy that I was able to get this phone. It hides the keyboard (so I dont butt dial) and the full keyboard is great too. It also has a key for emotional smileys, which is fantastic. I was tried of putting :) all the time! I text most of the day and play on the internet and use music...and this phone is great for that. The camera is the great, and I love that it has a much bigger screen than my rant. I know I made the right choice with this phone.

Pros

• Color choices, quality of speaker, and basically everything about the phone! lol

Cons

• Not a long battery life.

Arei
posted on 18 Oct 2009, 00:09 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Oct 2009)

One of the best phone for hardcore texters and IMers!!

I've had this phone for close to two months now, and I couldn't be happier. I've always had the free/cheapo cellphones and I'm so very glad to have spent the extra money to get something nicer.

A little background:

Since we switched to Sprint from T-Mobile 4 years ago, the $15 on Unlimited texts/Im and unlimited data (If you have multi phone plan and you are not the primary phone, you get unlimited text for $7.50/m and unlimited data for $7.50 a month rather then $15 each, Unlike T-Mobile, you have to pay for internet usage to use IM, which I IM a lot more then I really text phone to phone) was pretty much wasted. I was always able to text but the phone would crash trying to use IMs. Plus on my old phone, you had to PAY EXTRA for the IM client!!! Ugh, I'm already paying for unlimited Ims!

Ah BTW, my previous phone was a Samsung M300 (I went through 2 of them, on the first one the phone inexplicably malfunctioned and they replaced it for free) and before that I had the Samsung that the M300 was the new version of (I forget the specific model). Yes that phone crashed a lot and it was only good for caling and texting and checking the weather. And I don't make too many calls.

So I got the Samsung Exclaim and as soon as I turned it on for the first time I was overjoyed. I was wanting to switch to the Blackberry Curve, but it required a $30 unlimited data plan per month, which I really couldn't afford. $15 is enough.

If you are switching from a normal flip...

Pros

• QWERTY Keyboard
  • Dual-sliding action (very unique)
  • MP3 RINGTONES YEAH!
  • Phone preforms efficiently, very rarely is their any lag
  • Facebook/Twitter/Myspace/Youtube apps
  • LOUD speaker
  • Camera/Video
  • One touch interface
  • Large, bright screen
  • Mini SD format (comes with an adaptor, so you can put your pics/vids directly on your computer or a printing machine rather then trying to email them to your computer)
  • Battery life is decent. Its not GREAT but its not crappy poor either.

Cons

• Crappy Sprint service
  • Crappy Sprint making you pay to use most features
  • A bit bulkier then a normal phone
  • Lack of available screen protectors, the Sprint Universal ones SUCK, and you have to cut them to fit the size of the phone and holes for the buttons and speaker and this is CHALLENGING, plus it doesnt stay on long.
  • Non standard headphone jack (but I doubt most of you are paying for Sprint Music, im sure not)

COLOSSUS
posted on 19 Sep 2009, 14:14

I'm going on my third day now with the phone and I could not be more satisfied with it. I had the Samsung M510 for two years and this was a great next phone for me. It's basically a much better of my old phone. It has a large display and two hidden key boards, one standard in portrait mode and one qwerty in landscape mode. People complain that this phone is not up to par with their standards and that may be true if your coming from a smartphone, in which case I don't know why would down grade to anything not labeled a smartphone and talk about how it's not that great. Anyone coming from having a normal phone loves it because it is a great upgrade. I thought that the phone would freeze when i switch from portrait to landscape or vise versa, but so far i've had no problems. I use it moderately and the battery only drains half way by the time I go to sleep; I could probably push it to two full days of use ona single charge. You can do practially anything that doesn't require typing such as play games, music ect. without using either keybord. I've had music open in the background and a game open in the background while I was texting with no delay or hesitation from the phone. I hate that you have to have a data package to get the full use out of it, because I can't afford it, but this is still an amazing phone without internet.

Pros

• 2 keypads
  • large screen
  • sprint's one click inter phase
  • battery is decent
  • can take pics in landscape and portrait
  • loud speaker
  • can send programs to background without delay from phone
  • has a headphone jack, but not standard size
  • sweet game demos lol

Cons

• Kind of bulky
  • no flash on camera
  • have to have data plan to get the most out of the phone
  • has a headphone jack, but not standard size

Techman101
posted on 12 Sep 2009, 10:27 (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Sep 2009)

Love this phone

Stoped by at a sprint store and Was testing this phone out, I didn't even want to leave the store, I like having a hidden Number Pad and a hidden Qwerty keyboard for all of you texters out there that love to text and run up the bill. This phone is for you.

Pros

• Hidden qwerty keyboard Hidden number Pad.
  • Love the menu styles and the Face book app.
  • I go on face book every time I

Cons

• Have to buy Internet on this phone for Facebook or other apps.

hunt
posted on 15 Aug 2009, 18:25

you CAN have ringtones

go to myxer.com and send one to your phone. most are free. wallpapers too. you have to have the internet plan though. (you could have the internet plan for one month just to get ringtones then switch back the next month)

Pros

• great performance, only freezed two to three times in three months and it always un-freezes in about 10-12 seconds.
  • sliders work great
  • qwerty is very easy to text on, buttons fell good.
  • big screen, high resolution

Cons

• no flash, camera almost up to par
  • i wish sprint could get some messaging phones (that don't require the internet plan) with touchscreen.

mckenna
posted on 13 Aug 2009, 18:55

great phooone!

i just got this phone today & i absolutely love it! <333 i've been texting on it all day & unlike my other phone (green lg rumor) it lasts waaay longer in battery life & organizes things better! plus, this phone doesn't freeze or is slow or anything like that. i recommend this phone to any teenager, they'll LOVE it<3

Pros

• two keyboards, wooo hoo :D

Cons

• heavy & not much personalization options... but that's ok!

BillyJr
posted on 09 Aug 2009, 23:56

This is a...

Great phone. Its not to heavy not to light which I like. I love the double sliding feature on it. Its fast. Nice big buttons on both parts. East to access texting. Like how it starts ringing quite then gets louder so it doesnt cause heartattacks lol. The color and design is great on it. Ive had it for about a week and not a thing has been wrong with it. The only thing that I dont like is I cant put a ringtone on it without buying it or making my own. (Which has to be a video ringer). The camera on its great. The screen is nice and big. Easy to read fonts. Its just a great phone!

Pros

• MP3
  • QWERTY Keyboard
  • Colors
  • The speed
  • Loudness
  • Big buttons
  • Big Screen

Cons

• Cant put ringtones on it easy have to buy them!

clint k
posted on 27 Jul 2009, 19:24

Consumer

The is overall a great phone Great batterey life awsome access to full keyboard or just keypad for instant dialing no complaints  except maybe flash with the camera dont expect it from this tier of phone!! Great price Go get it

• dual slider

Cons

• no flash

renzo
posted on 22 Jul 2009, 23:35

cool phone

yea i just got the blue one its great so far the keys are a little small but its a great phone  i totally recommend it to anyone idk wat the other reviews are talking about.!

Pros

• great phone

Cons

• sprints crappy service

Shaniece
posted on 22 Jul 2009, 23:33

i have the rasberry exclaim and i've had it for about 2weeks i love it the keyboard is perfect it takes great pictures, its just great.

• keyboard
  • dial pad
  • screen

Cons

• sprint

Jennifer R.
posted on 14 Jul 2009, 19:06

Samsung Exclaim or not to exclaim

To the point.....
I had this phone for five days before switching to the HTC Snap.
Nice it has two sliders, IF you want to slide to do pretty much anything.  As another reivew said she hit send accidently halfway thru, I did that all the time.  You have quite a few steps to create and send a text message, strange since the phone was built for that type of thing.  The keypad was big BUT the top row was too close to the phone, big thumbs or long nails and its not happening with this phone.  When the keypad is extended it seems like your holding an early 1990's era cell phone a.k.a. LARGE.
The battery sucked for sure, was almost dead just from texting and surfing by the end of the day.  Internet speeds were average, but that's reviewed.  If you've had any type of smartphone I would say don't expect this to do what that did.  I went from the Centro to this and couldn't take it.
The screen is big and bright, so bright I got a migraine from staring at it, because it took me so long to text with it. No joke. Its a good phone for some, and not for others.  Again my biggest hangup is the constant sliding.  I can imagine after a year it'd be wore it.

Pros

• Bright Screen
  • Great Camera
  • Sprint One Touch is Awesome
  • Comes with memory card

Cons

• Dual Sliders
  • Hard to get to text and messaging
  • Poor Battery life

posted on 10 Jul 2009, 15:33

Okay Phone

Sorry, my review had several more paragraphs and they were cut off somehow.

My last phone was the Sprint Version of the Motorola Razor v9m (aka Razor 2). That phone was slim and felt as though it were carved out of one piece of metal. That was before it wore out and broke in half, but it lasted nearly two years. However, if you text with any regularity just seems silly to buy a phone that doesn't have a QWERTY keyboard. That's why I was excited aobut this phone. I thought it would be all I wanted and more. I had this phone for a week before I exchanged it for a Pre (had to give up my SERO plan, but it was worth it). So this phone is okay.

• Backlit keys
  • All the features of a high end phone

Cons

• Odd font sizes
  • Three buttons is too many buttons to send texts (I kept accidnetally sending them half way through)

posted on 04 Jul 2009, 01:10

My last phone was the Sprint Version of the Motorola Razor v9m (aka Razor 2).  That phone was slim and felt as though it were carved out of one piece of metal.  That was before it wore out and broke in half, but it lasted nearly two years.  However, if you text with any regularity just seems silly to buy a phone that doesn't have a QWERTY keyboard.  That's why I was excited aobut this phone.  I thought it would be all I wanted and more.  I had this phone for a week before I exchanged it for a Pre (had to give up my SERO plan, but it was worth it).
So this phone is

Pros

• Battery life seemed good
  • QWERTY keyboard
  • Seems kidsy (great if you like that kind of phone), lots of emoticons

Cons

• It is big
  • Seems kidsy (great if you like that kind of phone), lots of emoticons
  • Too plasticy (but the norm for the price)

TK
posted on 28 Jun 2009, 20:02

How does the Exclaim stack up?

I upgraded from the LG Fusic to the Exclaim. I have had my Exclaim for a little bit now & wanted to spend some time with it be or giving my options about this phone.
Let me start with the design as you know its a dual slider, slide up & you have your key pad. Turn sideways & slide up & you have a full qwerty keyboard. The phone it self doesn't feel cheap in my hands like some phones I tried out on my quest for a new phone. Also I was afraid it would be overly bulky being a dual slider, its not.
The screen is very good size & crystal clear. absoulte beautiful picture. The speaker phone is nice & loud its also clear no distortion.
I was worried about the keyboard cause ya know I was afraid it would be flimsy & I didn't want to text to hard & break it. The keyboard is very sturdy also. I don't have to many problems useing the keyboard as a 34 yr old male. My kids mostly text me & the keyboard makes it much easier to reply to them then having to use the # pad.
Speaking of the number pad that to feels great I have only used it about 3 or 4 times total to dial numbers. my biggest fear with this phone was that it is a dual slider & fairly small while the phone was slid open it would be real flimsy. It is not in no way shape or form. It is a very solid feeling phone.
The features on this phone make my old fusic look like a toy. You don't need to slide the number pad down to awnser a call just hit talk & your good to go....

Pros

• Love the fact that the number pad is hidin.
  • Great camera for a cell phone@ 2.0 MP
  • Sturdy
  • Say the name of the person you want to call & your talking, to sweet
  • Pretty Good price point if your upgrading or getting a new 2 yr script.
  • Texting while listening to music
  • Front facing speaker phone!!!

Cons

• Battery life is good not great!!!
  • The one thing I do miss that this phone doesn't have is the ability to set a voice memo as a ring tone or an alert. Maybe they can add it some how in a firmware update.

KeepNTouch
posted on 24 Jun 2009, 17:25

Wonderful Phone

This is a great phone.
DISPLAY - The design of the phone caught my attention, the display KEPT my attention.  Excellent resolution and clarity for phone.
SOUND - The sound quality on voice calls is excellent; like a landline.  The sound quality on the MP3 player is very good, as well.
SIZE - The phone is not too heavy or too large for my hands; fits nicely in the palm of my hand and feels like I'm holding a piece of quality and not a delicate toy like device.
KEYPADS- They slid well and felt like quality.  I had to use the edge of nails to type... I don't know how guys manage the QWERTY keypads; nails are a near must.  And since I'm a tactile person, I'm glad it's NOT a touch screen.
INTERFACE - It was nice, smooth and seamless.  The menus and device keys were relatively intuitive to figure out.  I easily customized my carousel for the Washington Post and Weather.
CONNECTIVITY- Everything so far connected without a hitch.  Bluetooth, memory card from old phone with songs and pictures, internet speed.
TEXTING - Ofcourse this is nice.
ORGANIZER - Hey it's not a PDA, but I like it so far; partly due to the QWERTY and the ability to enter data necessary for various appointments.
It was either the Exclaim or the HTC Snap.  I didn't need a mobile office type phone and the MP3 sound quality was better with the Exclaim.  Although the voice call quality on both phones was excellent. ...

Pros

• Sound quality on voice calls
  • Sound quality on MP3
  • Flexibility of QWERTY or Keypad
  • Seamless operation of interace
  • Speed of connectivity to internet
  • DISPLAY (size and resolution)

Cons

• I think they could have easily popped in a higher resolution camera, even if just for the PRESS