Samsung Epic 4G User Reviews

Display9.4/10

Sandy
posted on 11 Sep 2010, 11:48

I'm hooked on my Epic

This is not only my first app capable phone but also my first touch screen ever.  I am hooked and would not trade it for the world.  Sound quality sometimes isn't the best but mostly only with oversees calls I get where reg phones aren't the best either.  I've not had any issues stateside with it. I would not trade this phone in for any other.

Pros

• Everything about this phone

Cons

• Some apps open on their own but I think that is with all these types of phones... I just kill them
  • No 4G in TN

Ami
posted on 09 Sep 2010, 12:01

Sound Quality diminishes Overall Value

This phone's display is AMAZING. Of course, the Android operating system is a plus. I love the range of apps that are available and the fact that it syncs with all my existing Google data.  I had some trouble with syncing though. It didn’t sync the latest contact information; actually some of the information was months old. My work calendar & email seem to be on delay by several days. So, if I add a calendar event now, it may not show up on my Epic calendar until two days later. I have not contacted Sprint about this problem yet so I can’t say exactly where it originated but it’s a major issue.  The other thing I don't like about it is the battery life. I'm used to my Blackberry; when I purchased that brand new, I didn't have to charge it for days. This Samsung Epic must be charged every day. Considering all the functionalities, I guess it may be a fair trade-off but I wasn’t even using the phone exclusively. . I'm on the Verizon network & wanted to try out Sprint before switching over completely so I didn’t turn off my Verizon phone yet. I would really prefer for it to have a longer battery life. I would probably have to make sure I had a charger with me everywhere I go if I was only using this phone. I have been trying it out for about a week & so far, I can probably live with or resolve all of the little issues except the sound quality. Phone call quality is TERRIBLE, very tinny – I don’t even want to make calls on it because it sounds so bad. All...

Pros

• Display size & clarity
  • Interface
  • QWERTY keyboard (not available on other Galaxy S models)

Cons

• Sound Quality

Techman2
posted on 07 Sep 2010, 00:59

SAMSUNG EPIC 4G SCAM

SCAM ONLY 340MB OF RAM Sorry but your wrong about the 512mb of ram.Samsung is running a scam and people need to start posting all over the web about it. The phone only comes with 340mb of available ram.I know because I own 2(mine and my fiances).They decided to use the other 172mb for a ram disk it seems.Devs are trying to figure out why.I didnt realize this until I got home and used an app that shows available ram. There is a few apps you can use to test this.I first noticed it when using Memory Booster Lite.Please post this information where ever you can they should not be able to get away with this. Thankyou

Jason J
posted on 07 Sep 2010, 00:22

Call quality terrible on epic 4g

Went to a Sprint corporate store and tried 2 of the epic 4g's.   Both had just absolutely awful voice quality.   The calls sounded muffled and the 2 people I called said my voice sounded muffled.  Is it that just people accept bad sound quality these days, many review said the sound is good.   Don't believe it.

MomInMotion
posted on 06 Sep 2010, 09:40

Worth the Price

This phone came at a time when I was ready to port my line to Verizon for the Motorola Droid X.  I seriously needed a decent battery life on my android, I could not nurse a battery through my ever changing day and I wanted a phone that merited the cost of a high end device.  The Super AMOLED display makes other devices (regardless of display size) pale in comparison.  The gaming experience and video viewing is richer with an AMOLED display.  The call quality is good.  The phone is fast and responsive (I am not in 4g).  There are no issues with GPS.  The battery lasts me ALL day.  Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.  It's thinner than the Moment and lighter in weight than the Moment and EVO.  SO where the EVO didn't fit, the EPIC just manages.The camera took nice pictures, there are several input options and they all work well.  The Touchwiz interface is cute and functional. The OS is much more stable than the Moment, so the programming is definitely improved.  The phone remembers what is was doing and goes back to the previous function without manually telling it to do so.  It's a well done effort that warrants the higher price tag.

Pros

• QWERTY
  • Screen Display
  • Touchwiz
  • Fast

Cons

• No 4G in my area
  • 4G impacts battery performance

Mike (Urban Limitz)
posted on 04 Sep 2010, 00:16

Great Phone, Super fast!

The best phone I have ever owned so far. Super fast, great touch screen despite some rumors of it being not the best, great call quality, speaker phone is unbelievable. It does everything you can ask for and more. Oh by the way my buddy has the EVO and this phone out does it. Best part in my opinion besides the graphics is the slide keyboard. By the way, I used to be a Blackberry person for what I thought was the quality, well Blackberry can not even begin to compare. Great phone Samsung.

Pros

• speed
  • call quality
  • design
  • slide keyboard

Cons

• No 4g in my area yet!

Zeek
posted on 03 Sep 2010, 13:44

the best phone out

This is the best phone i have ever owned so far (I've been through alot of phones).  its so smooth and it has a couple of cool features that makes your every day life easier.  for example im in school and one of my friends call me instead of sliding up to answer it, it gives you the option to ignore or ignore with text.  you can slide it to ignore with text and just type an send quick and fast.  I feel like it makes stuff easier than the iPhone which i owned for 1 year an 2 months.  there is many other cool features that will leave you in awe.

Pros

• -Battery life is amaziing for a smart phone
  • -screen looks better than any other phone even in sunlight(also better than the evo)
  • -its very responsive
  • -keyboard is nice an spacious
  • -front facing camera works like a charm
  • -takes beautiful pictures for it to be 5mp
  • -many cool quick features you probably never seen in a phone before
  • -dlna works with my samsung 37" tv

Cons

• -4g is in my area but not everywhere i drive out of the city of baltimore

shawntrow
posted on 01 Sep 2010, 21:31

Samsung Epic

This Phone is simply EPIC, From the super crisp screen to the enhanced 3d graphics, This phone has it all. I love evrything that it offers. 4G is where its at and this phone puts the HTC EVO to shame. There is nothing wrong with the Evo but it can not offer what this phone offers. I Phone 4 crap, Droid X Crap, All the other Galaxy Series Phones are Crap, THE EPIC IS WHERE IT IS AT.  There is a reason the EPIC is the only Galaxy phone with PRO attached to it.

Pros

Cons

• No HDMI

Buy This Phone