x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
Samsung Epic 4G Discussions
  • Options
    Close

Hmmm???

csavage23 02 Jul 2010, 08:16 posted on

Now with this phone coming to sprint i honestly am having a hard time choosing between this and the EVO! anyone have any opinions or advice!!???

posted on 03 Jul 2010, 12:00

2. loco64 (Posts: 10; Member since: 04 Jun 2010)

I saw this phone a few days ago. It was still in its beta software and I have to say, this phone is sick. Front facing camera, and a solid touchscreen. What I loved the most about it was that the screen resolution was so vibrant, even better than the iphone4 resolution. It's android based as well. If you like the slide out keyboard and not texting on your screen than this is the phone for you. If not, you can still text on the screen.

posted on 03 Jul 2010, 06:23

1. oddmanout (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 May 2009)

I have an evo. its great but if i had the choice between this and the epic 4g... i would definitely pick the epic over the evo. You cant go wrong with either one but if you have smaller hands and prefer a hardware keyboard... i'd go with the epic. Just having the option of using the hardware keyboard, the swype keyboard, and basic virtual qwertys is icing on the cake. If you go epic, you'll have the super amoled display which is superior to the TFT display on the evo in that it shows true blacks and makes colors pop as well as less strain on the battery. I'm not 100% sure yet, but the 720p HD video playback will probably run smoother on the epic compared to the evo. Both phones are top notch... so it really comes down to personal preference. physical keyboard or virtual keyboard (or both on the epic). htc sense ui or samsung touch wiz (or stock option on the evo). 8mp or 5mp (which could go either way in quality). its also worth noting that when it comes to android... the latest and greatest is the safer way to go when it comes to receiving updates/support. Soon after the epic's release, there will most likely be something else groundbreaking that everyone wants there hands on but thats how the whole cellphone world goes. my personal preference will lead me to getting the epic (although im stuck with my evo for a year with no regrets) but the decision lies solely with you.

posted on 06 Jul 2010, 07:46

3. Jill_d_2001 (Posts: 3; Member since: 03 Jul 2010)

well the screen on this phone will be Amoled while the EVO's is not, and this phone will have the ability to download e-books from multiple sources so I myself would rather wait for this one, but thats just my personal opinion

posted on 07 Jul 2010, 00:42

4. Performer (Posts: 2; Member since: 10 Jun 2010)

Specs do not indicate that the Samsung has wi-fi hotspot capability. That feature was one of the primary reasons I got the EVO. It's worked out great for me. Even while on the 3G network.

posted on 07 Jul 2010, 07:34

5. Jill_d_2001 (Posts: 3; Member since: 03 Jul 2010)

It will, its like when they came out with the HTC Hero, shortly there after followed the Samsung Moment with the same capabilities (and same issues), it seems they're doing that again with the HTC EVO and the Samsung Epic, actually if you look at the first page on specs under key features it lists it will have wifi, if you're thinking of WIMAX where you can use it as a mobile hotspot on second page under full specs lists it says will have WIMAX as well, and my previous statement about the e-books is now null and void as they released an app for the phones you can download to use as e-reader...in the end all it comes down to is, do you want a keyboard?

posted on 07 Jul 2010, 18:05

6. osanilevich (Posts: 228; Member since: 29 Sep 2009)

in my opinion it all comes down to whether you're willing to downgrade your camera a bit for a qwerty keyboard. aside from that factor and the interface they're basically two 4G/Android equipped superphones

posted on 14 Jul 2010, 21:20

7. WKlingbeil (Posts: 215; Member since: 26 Dec 2008)

I agree with osanilevich, it's all about what you need. For instance, I have a digital camera with 12 MP so I'm really not as worried about the camera resolution, though the HD video recording is quite handy for me. I have caveman hands, so I need a full keyboard, so the Epic works perfectly for me. Worst-case scenario, when the Epic comes out, go to the store and play with them and see which one takes your heart.

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Buy This Phone

Latest stories