x We have placed cookies on your device to make your experience better. Find more info here.
x PhoneArena.com наема във Варна! Ако технологиите са в кръвта ти и имаш перфектен писмен английски,
ние ти даваме възможността да станеш част от екипа ни. - виж повече
Samsung Epic 4G Discussions
  • Options
    Close

GSM

BlueRider 07 Jul 2010, 20:04 posted on

What no GSM? All the others have it. It's worthless to me if I can't use it overseas.

posted on 08 Jul 2010, 10:10

1. ajac09 (Posts: 1367; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)

worthless to one person wow hurts sprint

posted on 14 Jul 2010, 21:17

2. WKlingbeil (Posts: 215; Member since: 26 Dec 2008)

?? All the others have it? What "others" are you referencing? Sprint has less than 5 global phones (Tour, Bold, etc), VZW doesn't have many, the only major carriers that have GSM are AT&T and T-Mobile.

posted on 16 Jul 2010, 01:29

3. osanilevich (Posts: 245; Member since: 29 Sep 2009)

verizon's fascinate (their version of the galaxy s) and sprint's epic 4g don't have GSM because sprint and verizon aren't GSM carriers. They use CDMA technology which isn't very popular with the rest of the world. If you are with sprint, go overseas a lot, and want a global phone you should go with what WKlingbeil said and get a tour/9650. If you really need a full GSM phone you should switch to Tmobile or ATT. I'm with ATT because they have a slightly better inventory (for now) but Tmobile's band frequencies will let you use most unlocked phones if that's what you're looking to get. Not to mention, Tmobile is the cheapest of the 4 "contract carriers". I personally like unlocked phones better than their dumbed down american counterparts but I might stay with ATT to get the captivate. It is the nicest looking of the 4 american galaxy s (that or Tmobiles vibrant)

posted on 02 Nov 2010, 02:46

4. cellboy (unregistered)

it s just out right crazy samsung galaxy s pro or "epic"it s one of the best phones i ve ever seen in a long time and i really want one but the issue is i do not like sprint and it does not work where i live or work it s hard to understand why such a great company as samsung would create such a great phone but not let people use it in their on network or the other companies (verizon att or tmobile) prefering same style but lower equipped phones it does not make any sence to me at all i hope samsung fixes that and starts selling samsung galaxy s pro or "epic" on their on webpage so people from other networks can enjoy this great phone.

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Buy This Phone

Latest stories