Samsung Epic 4G Touch User Reviews

Text input8.7/10
Everyday usage9.3/10
UI speed9.8/10

Warren30
posted on 10 Dec 2013, 20:26 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 Dec 2013)

Goodish

Warren30 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

had phone for over a year don't like it anymore because the speaker went out the pip i is too low and it makes it look bad but the touch wiz was pretty cool and it was pretty fast but the battery life was bad

Pros

• fast touch wiz

Cons

• 206 ppi, speaker goes out

godsdragon
posted on 11 Dec 2012, 18:34 (Posts: 5; Member since: 11 Dec 2012)

Was very unlucky with original and replacement S2 lemons

godsdragon has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I have had a poor experience with the phone regarding its battery and heating. Other than that it is a good phone. I just traded it in for an HTC which I am apprehensive to get. If I do not like it, I will go back and try one more time the S2

Build quality 6/10 Battery life is very poor... Phone heated up too much on daily basis...
Everyday usage 6/10 Battery life can improve. Phone heated up all the time...
Text input 8/10 Not the greatest but good enough

Pros

• speed
  • picture quality

Cons

• phone heats up too much frequently
  • size (too big for me)

MouatW
posted on 14 May 2012, 20:24 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)

Best Phone I Have Ever Owned

MouatW has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I absolutely love my Epic 4g Touch. It was the best phone I have ever owned, period. It has an amazingly swift Dual Core Exynos Processor, which keeps the phone going without slowing down. The battery life on the phone keeps up with every day use of the phone, from texts to phone calls to gaming to Netflix, I can do it all and not worry about the drain.

The call quality is great, with crystal clear incoming and outgoing signal. Can't go wrong with this.

Pros

• Extremely Fast Exynos Processor
  • 4g Connectivity
  • Amazing Battery Life
  • Amazing Resolution
  • Silky Smooth Interface
  • Very Light

Cons

• People Like to Steal Them

GeekMovement
posted on 08 May 2012, 22:53 (Posts: 1505; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)

Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

GeekMovement has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch is my first smartphone. Does that make me a smartphone dummy? No, it's actually the opposite. I have done much research and experimenting at local cellular stores to grasp a feel and knowledge about smartphones.

To be honest I at first did not like the Galaxy line. I preferred the HTC EVO line, but my family member insisted I try Samsung, so I purchased this device. I have no regrets. It is beautiful to this day. Having it for 7 months, the 4.52" Super AMOLED Plus display still captures my eyes. I really admire Samsung for installing its own dual-core 1.2ghz exynos processor into this device as I believe it makes the experience buttery smooth and fluid.

The design became a lot more simple to the eye as I kept looking at it. Before I thought it was just plain. Yes, it is constructed out of plastic, but that never bothered me. It does not feel cheap or flimsy as some people may say about plastic construction. I actually like the textured back on the battery cover as it gives it more grip and style. I feel confident that this slim slice of technology will not crush when I hold on to it with a firm grip. That's all I need.

The reception and call quality was something that I was a little more disappointed about. Where I live I don't even receive WIMAX 4G signals, but even Sprint's 3G speeds are horrid. I get at most a weak 3G signal with very slow 3G speeds, but switching to WI-FI is decent. I know that Sprint is holding back the potential...

Build quality 8/10 The build quality of Samsung devices tend to get rated poor due to the lack of 'premium materials', but in my personal opinion, the plastic doesn't bother me at all. I can hold the device with a firm grip and it feels solid to me. It is beautiful and simple.
Reception 7/10 Reception is probably the biggest issue I have with this phone. Where I have never experienced a drop call, the signal reception does tend to be weaker than the sprint phones my family carries. Nevertheless, I have not had an issue. It's just mostly a paranoid feeling when I see bars changing constantly.
Call quality 8/10 Call quality in my opinion could have been improved as well. I feel uncomfortable using the calling feature on this phone because people tend to sound a little muffled on my end and I can sometimes misunderstand what they are saying, but overall it isn't a problem to me. If I may repeat, I have never dropped a call yet.
Internet 10/10 Web browsing experience is no doubt amazing on this device because of its speed and display. The powerful exynos processor inside this galaxy performs incredibly smoothly when zooming, scrolling, and loading content. Great experience.
Multimedia 10/10 Samsung's Super AMOLED Plus display is fantastic with its color reproduction. It is very clear and vibrant. Very eye-popping and lush. And again, the size of the display also makes it great for movies and games.
Camera 9/10 Camera is great. It isn't the best, but it certainly is one of the best. Super clear and easy to take photos. Great clarity and quality. I don't find the need to carry around my 16mpx Lumix camera anymore.
UI speed 10/10 Fluid. Out of all the smartphones I have experienced with, this is butter compared to others. I find myself just sliding across the home screen for no reason, but to enjoy the smoothness of the UI. Many dislike touchwiz. I think it would have been nice of Samsung to change the design at least when upgraded to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, but it is still simple, easy, and colorful so I very much like it.
Everyday usage 9/10 This is beyond what users need for everyday usage. It's true that if you tend to use the calling feature very often in various locations, you might run into some reception issues or call quality problems, but during my usage of this device, I have never had any significant problems with it.
Text input 10/10 So easy. I thought I would never get used to touch screen keyboard, but with so many different styles of keyboards to choose from both already installed in the device and also those from the Google Play store, typing is VERY enjoyable for me.
Display 9/10 Beautiful. The only flaw I would say with this device (or a disappointment if that makes any more sense) would be the screen resolution. I was hoping for a larger screen resolution with more pixel density, but really, it is still beyond good enough to enjoy movies, games, web browsing, etc. etc. etc. The size is also great. I don't find it too large at all. I could actually use a larger screen haha.
Battery 7/10 Battery is of course always an issue for many people. Some can figure out ways to extend battery life a lot. Fantastic. From my experience, battery life lasts me at least 2 days with low usage, 1 day with average usage, and a couple hours with heavy usage. Especially when I'm web browsing, the battery will drain rather quickly. If I'm watching videos on youtube, the battery doesn't drain as fast as I would think, so in this area I have mixed thoughts. It is not bad.

Pros

• 4.52" Super AMOLED Plus Display
  • Super Slim & Simple Design
  • Touchwiz Resizable Widgets
  • Great 8mpx Camera w/ 1080p HD Recording
  • Super Responsive Capacitive Touch Screen
  • Lightning Quick 1.2ghz Dual-Core Exynos Processor

Cons

• Questionable Call Quality
  • Unstable/Inconsistent Signal Reception
  • Low Screen Resolution (800x480)

Tricia628
posted on 29 Feb 2012, 14:17 (Posts: 0; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)

Absolute Best phone I have owned BY FAR!!!

Tricia628 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I got two of these phones, one for me and my husband each. He was a DIE HARD HTC EVO user, and swore no phone on the market could ever compare to his. It was like trying to take a lions temperature with no sedatives when I was trying to talk him into gettting a new phone. But we did it! And we are more than thrilled! This phone had a lot to prove to us. After having the following phones for the past few years, we knew exactly what we do and do not want in a cell phone..... The Samsung Instinct, HTC Hero, HTC Evo, HTC Evo Shift, Samsung Epic 4g, Samsung Nexus S 4g, and the Motorola Photon. After owning all of those phones, here's what I LOVE about my new Samsung Galaxy S2 (Epic 4g Touch)... The screen /UI is so crystal clear it amazes me every time I look at it. The ease of being able to slide the lock screen in any direction, not just a swipe in a certain spot on the phone, makes everyone look twice at my phone. The unbelievable crystal clear camera and easy to use zoon makes this the best camera I have evr had on a phone. It is fast and there is almost NO lag between pictures. Another big deal here is the time between touching an app and it actually opening up. Let's see, there's NO TIME!. Apps seems to open up instantly, I mean they almost open BEFORE you touch them! Can this phone read minds? Ok, seriously, the battery seems to last forever when you aren't actively using your phone all day, which is nice to know you wont walkin in hours after having a half battery and find...

Build quality 9/10 I like how light it is, but the back cover does feel a bit flimsy.
Call quality 10/10 Very Fast internet/Data speed for not being LTE
Internet 9/10 Very fast internet and data for NOT being LTE
Multimedia 10/10 The ease of using the multimedia is perfect
Camera 10/10 Excellent camera, the best so far that I have ever experienced! Clear Pictures and excellent zoom!
Everyday usage 10/10 The ease of using this phone makes to so much more time efficient.
Battery 10/10 The batter lasts much longe than any phone I have ever owned, ESPECIALLY the iPhones!

Pros

• clarity of screen
  • clarity of both cameras
  • speed of UI
  • LED light brightness
  • ability to change home tray icons
  • clarity of the clock
  • ability to change amt of home screens
  • organizing capabilities

Cons

• power button location
  • lack of usable ringtones

PhoneTech
posted on 10 Feb 2012, 18:18 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)

The best phone for everything!

PhoneTech has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I am very happy with my purchase. I use to have an Iphone4, night and day! I have no regrets changing my phones, although I heard the Iphone6 is suppose to be pretty good. We will see on that too. If you are into a name brand and not quality, Iphone. If you want everything, GalaxyS2. The scroll speed is crazy too... Very, very happy camper! :-) I am a phone man!

Build quality 10/10 Love the Gorilla glass!
Reception 10/10 Always a signal, no dropped calls yet!
Call quality 10/10 Crystal clear for the receiver and sender.
Internet 10/10 Fast.
Multimedia 10/10 Great!
Camera 10/10 Love the 2mp front camera, and the 8mp rear. Crystal clear pictures, now that is a real camera phone.
Everyday usage 10/10 Best purchased phone yet!
Text input 10/10 Love the new swipe entering!
Display 10/10 Beautiful color and detail, best picture of all the phones out there, perfect 10.
Battery 10/10 I get around 14-15 hours of talk time, crazy!

Pros

• The apps, screen size, weight, flexibility of adding storage, picture quality, front camera, speed, personal assistant is awesome, battery life, gorilla glass.

Cons

• I wish it came in white! lol (Not sure how they can top the S2?)
  • I hear a lot of people saying the pixels are not as high, pixels does not mean anything. 720p has better picture than 1080I, it depends on the processor, colors and contrast rational. r

PlayboyPenguin
posted on 22 Jan 2012, 17:16 (Posts: 3; Member since: 30 Jul 2004)

Best phone I have owned.

PlayboyPenguin has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I never give a phone tens but this phone deserves it (despite a few minor cons I will discuss later). I switched from an Evo 4G which I really liked but this phone is in a class by itself. It was between this phone and the iPhone 4s. I am certain I made the right choice. Not only does this phone handle websites like YouTube much better than even my iPad can, but it is a great phone experience as well as a great web browser The phone does have a few cons. As I mention I do not like the power button position. It is opposite the volume controls and I keep lowering the volume when hitting the power button. The thin textured plastic back does feel a little flimsy on the black model. Although on the white model the smooth textured back actually feels much more solid and higher end. It is hard to describe how different the two versions feel. The white model reminds me very much of a huge version of my old white iPhone 3s. There is no HDMI port but I never used the one on my EVO. There is also a lack of good covers, but I have found covers cause more damage than they prevent when dust gets in them. None of these issues are major and none detract from the phone deserving a 10 when compared to other phones.

Build quality 8/10 The white version is very well made but it is still a little plastic feeling
Reception 10/10 Not a single issue
Call quality 10/10 Not a single issue
Internet 10/10 best phone browser I have used. Way better than iPhone and even better than EVO
Multimedia 9/10 Excellent capabilities and great screen
Camera 10/10 Easily one of the best cameras on a cell phone. As good as the apple camera IMHO.
UI speed 10/10 Blazing fast.
Everyday usage 9/10 I bit thin when holding it.
Text input 8/10 keyboard is good but not the best.
Display 10/10 Amazing amoled display
Battery 9/10 good battery for a phone of this type.

Pros

• -Best web browser I have used on a phone -Most beautiful display I have ever seen -Great battery life for a large smartphone -Very colorful and easy to see menus -Great levels of customization available -Easy to navigate menus -Excellent sound quality (speaker & earpiece) -Thin and lightweight -Camera is amazing (equal even to iPhone) -Large easy to use keyboard w/swype -Very fast processor -Smooth operation/transitions -Expandable memory

Cons

• -Power button position (see review) -Plastic build materials (see review) -No HDMI port -Lack of good cases (see review)

mykelcorleone
posted on 17 Jan 2012, 06:35 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)

wow

mykelcorleone has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Ok first off i had the evo evo 3d and this blows both away. i charged my phone the other day and when i finally had to charge again my phone was up for 38hrs yes 38. I don't know where people are getting the idea to use a task killer you do not use a task killer on any android with 2.2 or above it will ruin your phone. All you have to do is when you are done with app hit the back button and it will close it. People also read your post before posting it learn how to spell.

Pros

Cons

• power button on side

MYTHiKAL
posted on 22 Dec 2011, 17:10 (Posts: 33; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)

PRETTY GOOD PHONE.. ONE OF THE BEST..

MYTHiKAL has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

i'M ALSO A Sprint user.. and when I got this phone, there was nothing better out there.. The only problem with it, is the network it is in.. All around a very solid smartphone, but reception suffers a bit cause of Sprint..

Other then that, as long as there is a good signal, this phone is perfect..

MYTHiKAL alternatives:

deathyyy
posted on 20 Dec 2011, 09:34 (Posts: 101; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)

Great phone ruined by terrible keyboard.

deathyyy has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

If Samsung could somehow steal iOS 5's keyboard, this would be a phone to easily rival any other on the market. Unfortunately, simply because of the keyboard, I would recommend the 4S. If the keyboard is comfortable for you, I would suggest looking no further for an Android device- This phone is fast, powerful, and has a very nice display.

Build quality 8/10 The design is slick, but I dislike the all plastic construction and how little the phone weighs. just slightly more heft and i'd feel more comfortable with it in my hand.
Reception 8/10 Consistently lower than my 4S, and the Wifi never ever goes above 3 of 4 bars, even when I am sitting directly next to my router.
Call quality 8/10 Solid, but nothing to write home about.
Internet 10/10 Almost zero checkered boxes, big screen, super AMOLED. Enough said.
Multimedia 10/10 Big super AMOLED screen looks nice, just a little disappointed by the screens DPI when viewing HD media.
Camera 9/10 Solid camera, takes nice outdoor photos and above average indoor ones.
UI speed 10/10 UI speed is fantastic, immediate, and very responsive.
Everyday usage 9/10 Great everyday use, despite the mediocore keyboard.
Text input 5/10 This is absolutely my least favorite keyboard i've ever used on a high quality phone. Swyping isn't as easy on such a huge screen, and attempting to type normally is next to impossible.
Display 10/10 Super AMOLED. Second best screen on the market is still niiiice.
Battery 8/10 Lasts pretty close to a full day, but wears low pretty quick if I stream a single episode of something on netflix during my lunch break. Charges sooo slooow.

• UI Speed
  • Internet browsing
  • Multimedia usage

• Antenna
  • Plastic Construction
  • Disappointing DPI

rex0422
posted on 29 Oct 2011, 02:49 (Posts: 30; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)

Epic 4G Touch- Best phone?

rex0422 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Epic 4G Touch, the first variant of Samsung Galaxy S II in the States, is perhaps the best phone in U.S. right now.

I think the overall build quality is not that great, due to its plastic construction, but it is very light weight and thin. However, I personally do not like plastic construction on phones.

Also, the PHONE itself is decent- decent reception and call quality. Although both ends of the line has good voices, but I think it is not that loud and sometimes boisterous sound bothers me a bit.

Overall, good phone. But is it the best for the next few months? No. However, at 199.99 from Sprint and from other resellers like WireFly and Best-Buy Mobile (even cheaper), you won't go wrong.

Build quality 8/10 Plastic construction
Reception 7/10 Good reception and good 4G speeds, but in Charlotte Metro area, I don't get good speeds, whereas Motorola Photon 4G does.
Call quality 8/10 Good call quality, but not that great. Static appears in the earpiece and muffled voices comes out from the speakerphone. But voices does appear to be quite clear-sounding on both ends and sometimes, boisterous sound bothers me and my caller a bit.
Internet 10/10 Performance is great- pinch-to-zoom and rarely any checkerboard pattern appears.
Multimedia 9/10 Big screen + Super AMOLED Plus screen = good multimedia experience.
Camera 9/10 Camera is good. Photos contain a lot of super-fine details, sharp-looking and colours are natural. However, 1080p videos are not that great. Specifically, audio quality is fairly choppy with extra noises.
Everyday usage 9/10 Everyday things like checking emails, browsing web, sending text and making phone calls rarely lags, but the phone app does create some problem for me. The call button is on the left side instead of center, so that is a problem at least for me...
Text input 7/10 I HATE SAMSUNG'S KEYPAD!!! The auto-correct is nowhere near good and although the big screen compensates for it, I still think it is a bad text input option.
Display 8/10 Beautiful Super-AMOLED Plus display. Pixel density is nowhere near decent however.
Battery 8/10 Good battery life! After checking emails every 30mins, browsing the web for an average of 4 hours everyday, phone calls of 1 to 2 hours everyday, and sending text pretty regularly, I made about 10 hours on average. Definitely good battery life, but charges INCREDIBLY SLOWLY...

Pros

• Good battery life
  • Nice looking display
  • Great performance with Samsung Exynos processor
  • Enthralled by its multimedia experience because of screen size and Super-AMOLED display
  • Nice looking design- Thin and light
  • UI is beautiful and fast
  • Still shots results are above average

Cons

• Call quality is average at best
  • 1080p video can be better
  • Samsung's keypad is nowhere near decent
  • WVGA on 4.52" display just doesn't go well together
  • Reception can be better
  • Plastic construction isn't for everyone
  • 4G speeds are fast, but LTE blows it out of the water

rex0422 alternatives:

Ray_Calvo
posted on 26 Oct 2011, 10:28 (Posts: 0; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)

Best phone...

Ray_Calvo has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Most impressive phone out there... speeds, display, screen size, lightweight, picture and video quality are just amazing.
I had the Evo 3D before this one,,, played with one GS2(T-Mobile version) that my buddy had,,, 2 one week after, I sold my 3D to get this "BEAST".
No regrets... so far I love it.

Build quality 10/10 They managed to make a big phone feel just right!
Reception 9/10 3G and WiFi are lil bouncy... bars go up and down every once in a while! But still hasn't been a factor in performance or call quality.
Call quality 10/10 Even though the signal is bouncy, call quality is good and haven't dropped a call yet.
Internet 10/10 Super fast downloads and uploads.
Multimedia 9/10 Great. The speakers sound have a lil echo... but is definitely louder than the Evo 3D.
Camera 10/10 More than happy with picture and video quality!
UI speed 10/10 Already tried, SPB Shell 3D, Go Launcher Ex, the stock TouchWiz and all run smooth and fast.
Everyday usage 10/10 Great overall experience.
Text input 10/10 Since the screen is so big, the virtual keyboards look and feel great.
Display 10/10 Just amazing!!! Nothing comes close...
Battery 9/10 Still haven't figured out why the "Android OS" has the highest % on battery usage... but other than that, it'll last me an entire day with normal use.

Pros

• Big screen!
  • Amazing display!
  • Amazing quality on pictures and videos!
  • Super fast on 4G!!!

Cons

• Reception bars go up and down every once in a while. (3G and WiFi)
  • Android OS is draining a lot of the Battery %

ima757boy
posted on 09 Oct 2011, 20:55 (Posts: 0; Member since: 09 Oct 2011)

...nothing comes close(for right now).

ima757boy has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

...this phone is SUPER FAST and i have had maybe 3 dropped calls since i have had it.But,this is not the fault of the phone,its WiMAX. The screen is second to none which is one of the main reasons i purchased this device.

Build quality 9/10 ...the feel had to grow on me.Thought it was too light @ 1st.Now,i love how it feels in my hand.
Reception 7/10 ...WiMAX does not penetrate buildings very well.
Call quality 7/10 ...i think the speaker out-put could be a little better.
Internet 9/10 ...boom,boom,boom...thats how fast the pages pop-up.
Multimedia 9/10 ...all my pics are vivid and bright.
Camera 10/10 ...takes pictures on par with somedigital cameras.
UI speed 9/10 ...no stuttering.
Everyday usage 10/10 ...every 15-20mins im staring @ this device.
Text input 10/10 ...easy to use and once you hit send...its gone.
Display 10/10 ...its like carrying around a miniature plasma tv.
Battery 10/10 ...compared to the EPIC 4G,this phone sips on the battery.

Pros

• big screen,vivid display,fast ui,good connection and no drop call even on one bar,beautiful form factor

Cons

• light,plasticy feel,little bit of bloatware,no SUPER AMOLED HD

ima757boy alternatives:

Mr.MOMENT
posted on 05 Oct 2011, 18:52 (Posts: 3; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)

incredible device

Mr.MOMENT has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

its performance is great. It can seamlessly multitask and gets reception pretty well. The display is also amazing. The only con is its battery. This 1.2ghz super amoled+ beast will suck you dry if your not careful. Don't get me wrong, it is certainly no worse than any other smartphones. I found that using airplane mode and adjusting the brightness when you plan on using it extensively counteracts it pretty well. Do not let the battery scare you, this is a great phone and a must buy. Good call sprint.

Pros

• speed
  • multitasking
  • call quality
  • display
  • size

• plastic boddy
  • occasional random reboots
  • know that these are just minor grevances

c.gilberto65
posted on 01 Oct 2011, 17:45 (Posts: 0; Member since: 09 May 2011)

Amazing phone

c.gilberto65 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

The phone works great touchwiz really stepped their game up, overall great phone only bad thing is that it has horrible reception and the wifi is bit spotty. And als
o something that im not a big fan of is the power button being on the side instead of the top

Pros

• Everyth ing

Cons

• Reception

Madawg
posted on 26 Sep 2011, 14:47 (Posts: 0; Member since: 19 Sep 2011)

no reception

Madawg has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Let me start by saying beautiful phone. Awesome display! I love this phone. Unfortunately this phones reception sucks. Constantly has one bar when my wires EVO has full bars. Also struggles on WiFi. Wires phone is full and mine only has two bars. The voicemail is just terrible. Extremely fast and beautiful phone but doesn't work.

Pros

• everything else

Cons

• bad reception, echo in calls, no voicemail,

Madawg
posted on 26 Sep 2011, 14:46 (Posts: 0; Member since: 19 Sep 2011)

no reception

Madawg has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Pros

• everything else

Cons

• bad reception, echo in calls, no voicemail,

LumbergFdHer
posted on 25 Sep 2011, 08:15 (Posts: 0; Member since: 25 Sep 2011)

For those who spend too much time deciding what new Sprint phone to buy...

LumbergFdHer has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This is the best phone bar none for sprint. The screen is imacculate (from all tilt directions), the UI is full throttle, power users will go a whole day, and it's well priced. I thought I'd be missing a qwerty after departing from a bb curve 8330, however, that is not the case. In 4 hours I was able to fiqure out the functions of the phone, how to add/remove apps and widgets, and make it "my phone". It didn't take long at all for me to become proficeint with the touch screen.

I was deciding between this phone, the bb bold touch, and the photon. This has everything: a better battery (marginally less than photon), bigger screen, android, 4G, and 1 GB of RAM (can't tell you how big of a deal this is). I'm so glad I was so undecisive for the last 2 months and this phone popped out!

Don't waste your time, pull the trigger here. Your waiting has paid off.

*You can max your battery life to your usage needs by downloading "Android App Killer" for free. It is a pro app shut down tool to save your resources.

Pros

• It's all there. Just buy it allready.
  • No qwerty. Yeah, get over it.
  • Ohh, and phone is very slim, even with a case on.

Cons

• calls arn't in hd audio
  • Buy a $7 carbon-fiber case from ebay to protect your toy.

Rager099
posted on 19 Sep 2011, 21:44 (Posts: 29; Member since: 06 Apr 2009)

Best phone out!

Rager099 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

First off I came from the Samsung epic 4g/ SGS1, All i can say is that this SGS2 earns the name Epic. Like everybody has been saying i notice no lag at all, not even when i turn the phone landscape while multitasking. The screen is so beautifully big I thought the battery would not last me a day, boy was i wrong! The battery lasted me a day and a half! Best battery i have ever seen on android yet. I actually use the internet browser on my phone now because i can get to a web page with out nodding off waiting for pages to load. If you are looking for a phone that is fast, has good battery, and beautiful screen then this is definitely the phone for you hands down!

Pros

• Beautiful Screen
  • Light and thin
  • No Lag
  • Great Battery Life

Cons

• 4G not everywhere
  • All plastic

sun0066
posted on 24 Sep 2011, 13:15 (Posts: 77; Member since: 12 Feb 2011)

amazing phone worth to have it

sun0066 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

it is the phone that I has been waiting for , it is not perfect , but it is closest to the perfection. I had the motorola photon and I was starting to lost my faith in Google phones , because the photon lags a lot. but this one , the samsung g II S , it is just incredible , smooth , it doesn't lag at all after a lost of apps, full of color , camera amazing, battery life amazing too so I am not waiting for the iphone anymore. I has the phone that I like , light, capable , huge memory, doesn't lag and I just love it

after installing a task killer app the phone has returned to be as smooth and great as was in the beginning so I am changing again the score to 10 !!!!!!

addendum: after a week of using it I am chaging my mind regards the phone , it gets reallllllly hgot sometiime I had to remove the battery beacuse I though it will explode in my pocket and also the lbattery doesnt last a day for me , with very mild use. I mean the android phones at the beginning all are good and after you put apps and activate all the service they become sluggish ( no this one ) but that one it is so hot it looks an app anyway as soon as the iphone gets out I will get it at the end of the they the iphone is just stressless

Camera 10/10 as usually in low light conditions pics looks awful

Pros

• the phone itself
  • weight
  • size
  • user interphase
  • speed

Cons

• NONE

JamesOverland
posted on 17 Sep 2011, 20:39

Amazing Android device

JamesOverland has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

By far the superior Android offering I've owned. Fast, amazing screen and when in 4g, speeds are more than necessary. The dual-core processor allows for little hesitation switching between tasks, and likewise, multi-tasking goes beyond what I've seen previous. This phone is a catch. Battery lasted 12 hours with 30% left, after good use, streaming music, browsing the web and messaging. Don't hesitate to get this.

Build quality 9/10 Plastic backing is alright, but the weight, or lack of is great.
Reception 7/10 Sprint has its limitations.
Internet 10/10 Fast, fast, fast
Multimedia 8/10 A little disappointed in the audio processor, I have seen better, but it will suffice for most peoples expectations.
Camera 10/10 One word. Amazing. 1080p video with no lag. Crisp, vibrant images. I really like this part of the device.
UI speed 10/10 Who would want anything quicker than this. Instantaneous.
Text input 10/10 The real estate on this screen allows for precise texting with few mis-types.
Display 10/10 Super AMOLED Plus screen is beautiful. Resolution could be more, but its perfect for me.
Battery 8/10 I was surprised by this. Poor battery life is one of the things I think we've all complained about. But this phone surprised me. The Super AMOLED screen is designed to help hinder battery drainage and it shows.

Pros

• Reactivity by the processors.
  • 8mp camera with pristine images.
  • 1080p recording.
  • Battery life, not immense but quite good.

Cons

• Plastic backing.
  • Less resolution than possible with this screen size.