Samsung Droid Charge User Reviews

Build quality7.1/10
Text input7.5/10
Everyday usage7.3/10

shonnygrl
posted on 04 Jul 2014, 09:47 (Posts: 0; Member since: 04 Jul 2014)

Hate it

shonnygrl has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Battery Life sucks, it freezes, text messages take forever to send, and it takes too long to dial out, when i first got the phone i was super happy that i finally got a smart phone but after a couple of months it started to act up..the keyboard would stop working so i would have to keep closing the text messaging app and opening it again just to send ONE message. i would get so frustrated to the point where i don't even use my phone at all...only if i really need to. this phone has put a sour taste in my mouth for all androids and that's why im switching to apple

tg1088
posted on 02 Apr 2014, 00:18 (Posts: 1; Member since: 01 Apr 2014)

It's an OK phone but nothing compared to whats out there today

tg1088 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I've had this phone since June 2012. I feel that the overall quality is kind of cheap as many other smartphones are built with stronger plastics, even metal and kevlar these days. This phone's battery life doesn't hold up, even with phones that were built around the same time, the battery would drain in less than 10 hours, even with light usage. Since this phone only has a single core processor and 512 GB of RAM, it is relatively slow and will end up freezing frequently if multiple apps were running. I'd say the best things about the phone is the super AMOLED screen - its very bright and colorful and also that it was available on Verizon's reliable network.

Build quality 5/10 It is cheap plastic after all. This is the kind of phone that you know will need a case if it was accidently dropped. I've always believed that Samsung made cheaper or lesser than average products.
Reception 10/10 This is a Verizon Wireless phone. Verizon is top notch when it comes to network and signal.
Internet 5/10 The default browser wasn't that great in my opinion. I downloaded Chrome to replace it.
Camera 7/10 Camera was fairly decent for a phone that was made in 2011-2012.
UI speed 5/10 Slow and sometimes freezes most likely due to its single core processor.
Display 10/10 The display is probably the best feature about this phone. AMOLED is a step above LCD... the screen is bright, crisp and clear.
Battery 1/10 Battery life has been horrible since day 1.

urface19
posted on 30 Jan 2014, 12:00 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)

Samsung's worst device ever created: HEED THIS WARNING!

urface19 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

This phone is not a phone, this phone can barely be considered to be a paperweight as it's so fragile I could sneeze and cause it to freeze! At times the phone lags so much that when imputing text into a text message the phone won't even register what I am typing until I close the app from the task manager, MULTIPLE TIMES!!! Calls are almost damn near impossible due to the fact it that I will type in a number and after hitting send it disappears and doesn't make the call. Then suddenly will make that call minutes later on its own free will. There is no hope for this device. Data streaming (even though it is 4g LTE) is nothing short of sad....... the processor is the slowest most unstable one I've ever encountered. I have used many phones for many different networks and brands (apple, htc, moto, other samsungs, nokia etc.) and even the worst nokia smartphones DESTROY this phone in all aspects of a phone and a smart phone....... There are many other cheap alternatives to this phone that would be better. I owned a droid 2 that was much more stable, even faster with data streaming. I could go on and on but please heed this warning all the other positive reviews are false.

Internet 2/10 Phone will not complete calls. Multi tapping the call button only leads to randomly placed calls sometimes over 30 minutes later

Pros

• Nothing. Really Nothing.
  • How about nothing with a side of disapointment
  • Really Nothing

Cons

• everything that has to do with the term "phone"

nc1161
posted on 29 Jan 2013, 20:54 (Posts: 0; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)

Buy a better phone cuz you'll regret this one

nc1161 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

NEEDS BETTER PROCESSOR! Cannot use many more demanding apps....This was my first real Smartphone (upgraded from blackberry), at first I was relatively happy as I love the android platform and variety of apps which all droid/iphone/window phone smartphones provide but the limitations of the phone quickly became obvious. As is a usual complaint with most droids, the battery life is a serious issue even if you closely monitor it (I tried taskkiller software and batterylife apps that are supposed to improve battery life...it didn't matter...my battery went bad within 6 months...I've bought two replacement batteries since...secondly and more importantly many apps (primarily games) cannot run effectively (excessively lagging) due to the very small and slow CPU...for example (disclaimer: I like game apps) You can't play jetpack joyride, temple run, subway surfers and dead trigger just to name a few...pretty much any somewhat demanding graphically intensive app will lag excessively. Also, the software can only go up to android 2 (most current is 4)...due to the inferior OS their are some bugs...speakerphone sometime doesn't work and the camera has a serious problem freezing if photo is too bright...ridiculous...

Pros

• Great display
  • 4G is awesome

Cons

• Processor is aweful! DON"T BUY! Go Dual Core
  • They call is Charge for a reason

chlorinediva
posted on 07 Dec 2012, 13:06 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)

I'm not sure if I would get this phone again BUT

chlorinediva has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This is not a terrible phone, but at the time of my upgrade, it WAS the best value out there. I did my homework before making the final choice and I would agree with most of these reviews. The phone gets the job done, but does not have any real WOW factor.
The exterior of the phone is very slippery and has a very plastic feel. I ended up getting a cover since I will be stuck with this for 2 yrs and the case has helped the phone not fly off my shoulder when talking and writing down a note!
Graphics... AWESOME. The large screen is great and over time it does seem like the phone has slowed down a bit. It could be my area but I'm ostly getting 3G service, but when 4G kicks in I tend to love this phone a little bit more.
MY BEEF:
I have had some issues where the phone restarts itself, but then again I came from a Droid X and near the end of its life, this happend too.
Terrible battery life. Good thing I have an extra charger at work and in the car. Normal usage has this phone craving for a boost around mid afternoon. then again... arn't all smartphone users atune to always looking for an outlet at some point during the day?
Texting is horrible. It could be that I have giant fingers but I never had so much autocorrect in a phone EVER.. I do not like the layout of the Samsung keyboard display. Its hard to use and never seems to learn the new word that i have added to the phone.

OVerall? If this is your only choice for a phone...just get it.

Call quality 10/10 Excellant & very clear. Speaker phone is so-so
Internet 9/10 Fast when you get 4g. 3g isnt to bad but stalls ALOT and have to reload webages frequently.
Camera 8/10 not to bad but wish there was a physical button instead of the on screen. Front facing isnt that bad either but when are these front facing cameras great?!?
Display 10/10 GREAT color and image quality

mwellscubed
posted on 22 Nov 2012, 23:31 (Posts: 5; Member since: 14 Nov 2012)

Definitely a serviceable phone

mwellscubed has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The Droid Charge may not be the fastest phone, the thinnest phone, or even the prettiest phone. It may not have the latest version of Android, and it may not have great battery life. But it was, and is, a phone that rarely pisses me off. With my luck with phones, this is quite an accomplishment.

The screen is rather nice, and one of the main reasons I bought the phone over LCD-clad competitors. With all AMOLED screens, the blacks are amazing, the saturation is a bit overbearing, but the colors definitely pop.

Build quality is kind of on the cheap side, especially the back cover, which scratches endlessly. I do quite like the design, especially the subtle point that the bottom of the phone comes to, gives the phone a bit more character than most of the rectangular slabs that dominate the market.

Battery life is on the poor side, given that this is a first-generation 4G LTE device. If you turn data off, the phone lasts nearly forever, but with 4G enabled it's pretty pitiful. I usually make it about halfway through work before the low battery alert comes up.

The camera is average, good at outdoor photos, not so much indoors. Pretty standard for Android. Not much to say.

Overall, as I said, this is definitely an alright phone. It's not cutting edge, and it never was, but it fills a solid role in the mid-range market. Discontinued now, but up until a few months ago, this phone could be had for free if you could catch the right sale. I paid $70 for mine, and I have no regrets.

Build quality 6/10 Seems a bit cheap, but nothing ever came apart
Reception 7/10 I seem to get dropped out of 4G more often than I should, but I do live in a fringe coverage area.
Call quality 7/10 Nothing groundbreaking.
Internet 7/10 Standard android experience. 4G helps.
Multimedia 7/10 The gallery interface is pretty standard, music player is pretty standard. Noticing a pattern?
Camera 7/10 Pretty standard Android camera experience, shutter lag is a bit prevalent though.
UI speed 6/10 I found it a bit slower than some of its competitors, due to a lack of RAM. Still, it does a solid job.
Everyday usage 7/10 This phone excels at being a jack of all trades.
Text input 8/10 Due to the large screen, keyboard input is pretty easy. And the screen is responsive, too.
Display 9/10 Beautiful, large, responsive to fingers.
Battery 6/10 First gen LTE device, what do you expect?

Pros

• Beautiful screen
  • Android 2.3
  • Good front-facing camera

Cons

• Mediocre battery life
  • Interface lag
  • Cheap parts

doncomon
posted on 14 Mar 2012, 14:22 (Posts: 0; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)

Worst phone I have ever had

doncomon has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I can hardly believe any of these positive reviews on here, they must be plants. I get static bursts in my ear every couple of days that sound like a high pitch fax machine on my end, but just cuts outs on the other end. Have to do a restart, good for a day or two before it comes back. The numbers I punch in the handset don't always match what they get on the other end. SO the screen sauss 8877 and they get 0077 or 888877. Try getting on a conference call and can't of this or some days can't get vocie mail. Been to Verizon ten times over this, terrible. Then I get another brand new phone and it is good for about 3 weeks. I could go on for long about many more things about this phone. Try touching the screen that keeps fading away when you are trying to do something.

Pros

• Nothing

Droidchargesc
posted on 25 Feb 2012, 17:59 (Posts: 0; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)

May 16, 2011: When Technology Advanced

Droidchargesc has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

When i heard of this phone, i knew it would be a great phone, that would officially advance technology & out-do the iPhone. Everything about this phone is really good, except the speaker. When i first used this phone at the verizon store, i knew i would get it at one point after my plan was up. This has a decent build, great reception, really good call quality, good internet, fantastic media, an exorbitant camera, ok UI speed, is great for everyfay usage, has the best text input, better than the iPhone's, great display, and an ok battery. Overall, this phone is amazing. I would really recommend this phone, i don't care if it came out 8 months ago. It is just as good as the Droid RAZR, and better than the iPhone.

Pros

• Front Facing Camera
  • 8.0 megapixel camera
  • Push keys
  • Screen Size
  • Can take a fall better than iPhone
  • Music quality
  • Video quality & speed
  • "Speak Now" texting option
  • Wifi

Cons

• Not to good of a speaker

Droidchargesc alternatives:

Borrie69
posted on 29 Jan 2012, 07:36 (Posts: 22; Member since: 14 Jan 2012)

EH phone

Borrie69 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I've owned this phone for quiet a while now. i always have 2 phones at any given time, this one is my steady phone. The other I use for a few months to test it out then move on. For an older phone it isn't too bad. The sigle core is the main hassel, along with battery, but if you don't care much for specs then good phone to have. It is kind of sturdy, decent built, crappy on recieving blows (like if you drop it), the camera is on the lower end, the speakers could be a whole lot better. texting is ok, freezing up a lot but that is due to the crappy single core. Recpetion is pretty good considering.
The battery is pretty horrible as well, then again it is a 4 LTE phone so can't complain. Has a difficult switching between 3G and 4G but that is easily solved by going on the Market and downloading an app for it. The single core is one of the worst things about this phone. There are son many times when it freezes then shut off by itself. When trying to send texts it freezs up and I have to soft reset the phone. There are many time when the screen just loses it's touch, tried to fix it by turning off the display then turning it on but still nothing. After many hrs of reserch and trouble shooting i found out that the problem can only be completed by doing a hard reset. which sucks and very time consuming. So thus the reason for the bad review. it's a decent phone with many issues that you should take into considerration before buying this phone. If you do not plan on doing anything...

Pros

• Internet

Cons

• Lagging
  • Freezing
  • Unreceptive screen
  • Speakers
  • Single Core

dakota1202
posted on 24 Jan 2012, 18:02 (Posts: 3; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)

Mixed Feelings

dakota1202 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I was a former U.S. Cellular customer with the Samsung Freeform (P.O.S) and i finally made the switch over to verizon and love the service i am getting with them as well. when i switched i had the choice between the htc thunderbolt and the samsung droid charge.. after weeks of debating with which one i should go with searching this site and youtube watching comparisons and the pros and cons of each one, i decided to go with the charge. i love the phone dont get me wrong i love the feel in my hands and especially the super amoled screen, very vibrant and colorful! the now that i have had if for a bit it seems to be slowing down to the max and the UI tends to be very laggy and unresponsive and jumping from even my messaging to my homescreen takes a long time to load up everything which is causing me to do alot of power cycles and constantly on the task manager clearing the RAM memory and closing apps to sort of help the lag. overall i do still like my phone but on some days i really wish that i would have went with the htc thunderbolt.. i work at target mobile right now and i am trying to get a consession line so i can have the thunderbolt and when and if i get that i will try to write a review and see how they compare and see if that one runs smoother than my charge!
-Dakota-

Build quality 10/10 feels amazing in the hand and it is a very light phone!
Reception 10/10 i have never had a problem with a dropped call or loosing my data connection
Call quality 10/10 the earpiece is great and i can fully understand a conversation
Internet 8/10 i live in a 3G area and it is decently fast but that is where i get back to the UI its not as responsive sometimes. also that its only a single core 1GHZ processor.
Multimedia 10/10 love the speaker on this phone and i love that it came with a 32GB sd card so i can store all of my movies and music
Camera 10/10 takes beautiful pictures and i am always putting them on facebook and sending them to friends and family
UI speed 4/10 some days its fast and some days i want to throw it at the ground it all varies i suppose but recently i have been having troubles with it being unresponsive, laggy, and glitchy
Everyday usage 8/10 battery life is decent and when it is running like it should i enjoy it to the fullest extent
Text input 10/10 texting is great! when i first got it i was used to having a physical QWERTY keypad but making the switch to an all touch seemed to be no problem for me! i tend to switch back and forth from SWYPE and PREDICTIVE
Display 10/10 I <3 the super amoled display! all the colors are very vibrant and bright! makes looking at pictures better and makes watching movies on Netflix and Samsung Media Hub very clear
Battery 9/10 i dont personally have problems with the batter although there are some days that i have my bluetooh hooked up and as you know that drains the battery but when that is not on i tend to have decent battery life and it makes me through my 8 hour workday! (turning down brightness and utilizing the task manager really helps and there are more energy preserver apps on the market i am told)

Pros

• -Super Amoled
  • -Sleek thin design
  • -Weight
  • -Screen Size
  • -Texting and Ease of the keyboard use

Cons

• -UI
  • -Data Speeds (being that its only a single core 1GHZ processor)

dakota1202 alternatives:

Mark_Washington
posted on 05 Sep 2011, 17:12 (Posts: 8; Member since: 05 Sep 2011)

9.5

Finally, the Perfect Phone!

Mark_Washington has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Super long battery life with everything turned on, the best screen on a phone - wow factor, stable and wifi-like data speed and call quality on verizon 4g lte. Runs all android apps and games flawlessly with no lag. What more can you ask for?

I consider myself a power user but not a spec geek, so the lack of gingerbread update & dual core does not bother me, as they have no impact on how I use my phone - it just needs to be fast, stable and last 24 hours. Everything on android right now works fast and perfect with this phone. By the time when dual core is actually being utilized as oppose to a spec innuendo the geeks obsess over, my 2 year contract will have expired for a new phone. This along with every other flagship phone will be nothing more than a $100 outdated doorstep on ebay.

Some perspective, I have tried the iPhone on AT&T (constant call drops, communication error running apps), the LG g2x dual-core android on T-Mobile(horrible signal strength, only has EDGE instead of even 3G in a lot of places) and the ThunderBolt on Verizon 4G LTE, before settling on the Samsung Droid 4G LTE.

Unfortunately your phone is only as good as the network, and in the US, there is just no comparison to verizon 4G LTE, so no matter how good the hardware is, if it's not on verizon 4G LTE it's meaningless.

Pros

• Super long battery life
  • Fast and perfect
  • Build quality its nice
  • Phone Ringer is very loud
  • Service is very fast

Cons

• Bloatware

Mark_Washington alternatives:

timothytim
posted on 09 Aug 2011, 17:19

As good as it gets for the moment.

timothytim has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Had this phone for two months and have never looked back at the WM phone I had before. Also it is way faster and has a better than any PDA I have had. The only issue I have is if WiFi is active and there is an AP available, it will pick WiFi over WAN even if WiFi is weak and WAN performance would be better. Also if WiFi is lost, the transition to WAN is not smooth. So I activate WiFi only when I know I am not going to be moving around and will have a strong signal.

Build quality 10/10 Sturdy but not heavy or bulky. Case is slightly contoured to give a good feel in the hand. The OEM Shell/Holster is an great accessory that provides protection for the screen when holstered.
Reception 10/10 As good or better than any phone I have had before.
Call quality 10/10 No issues with quality at all.
Internet 10/10 Great performer. Unbelievably fast when LTE is available.
Multimedia 10/10 Watching HD videos is incredible.
Camera 10/10 Great photos.
UI speed 10/10 Faster than any phone or PDA I have owned
Everyday usage 10/10 Use it constantly for everthing
Text input 10/10 The on screen keyboard types what I want, not what it wants
Display 10/10 This display is amazingly clear and bright.
Battery 10/10 Battery can go down fast, but I blame it on the fact that I am using it a lot. It has a 1600 mAh battery that is pretty good so I'm giving it a 10. A bigger battery would last longer, but would be larger and heavier. I bought a spare battery and keep it in my wallet charged and also keep it connected when power is available so no real battery issue.

Pros

• Great display; easy to use; contoured case has a better feel in the hand than other squarish cases.

Cons

• Changeover from WiFi to WAN is a bit shaky. If you are on WiFi and move out of range, the transition is not smooth.

Dinno Velvet
posted on 20 Jul 2011, 11:45

Where CellPhones should of started from

Dinno Velvet has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

First smartphone! First real cellphone provider! Nice having a phone with a "linux"distro. Funny how Droid is leading the cellphone Operating System market. So many people have no clue they can run a simlar system with even more abilities on there desktops/laptops at no cost. Its amazing how individuals rate any Droid poorly off of software that can be changed something as simple as a theme. The Charge is very nice, now finding and configuring the phone to my personal preference where its tuned up and tuned in...is going to take sometime. Droid makes development very tempting

Build quality 8/10 Seems like they bought cheap plastic...I mean the battery cover seems very flimsy and thin. the screen seems like it would just end up scratched ...also it would be very easy to drop this phone and the way it looks it would break easy...so slapped on a bodyglove cover and screen cover and might try the otterbox defender or commuter. So the Charge is cool smooth looking and smooth feeling. I guess the bodyglove fixes the need of grip and drop breakage. As of now this is really a great phone.
Reception 9/10 Samsung Charge is kicking ask* and taking names later. Samsung Charge is just in charge. Top Dog
Internet 9/10 No root, can't use iptables firewall app. needs dns changer, can't use root so proper security can be configured to this samsung charge. Also would be nice with root the ability to use openvpn client or ssh client. netflix app doesn't work so far possible needs root. need root to uninstall factory installed apps that can't be removed without root some of these apps continually access the internet and slow down the internet and phone when and as one needs. This phone is awesome very expensive to buy by itself. This should be sold with root aka admin access to provide proper internet. Extended 4g is about 5 minutes away so hopefully soon 4g will be here. The 3g internet is choppy at times at the house it seems like there is some kind of interference here at the house but once I leave the houseand go driving around the 3g internet works smooth especially on the highways and freeways. I hope the hotspot option works above and beyond. All I need now is a samsung 14'' laptop i5/i7 connected to the hotspot once the 4g is completed in cali. Samsung Charge!
Multimedia 9/10 media player abilities are sweet! mic/speaker phone are good the speaker itself sounds like someone talking through a small coffee can so there is a rattling tin sound definately no bass
Camera 10/10 Camera/Video: video so far i noticed it captures in mp4 very cool! crisp video. Camera sweeeet! crisp clear. video conferencing with front camera i guess. i guess it has facial recognition. front camera is kinda scary not too sure i like that. The back camera works awesome.
UI speed 9/10 The Charge is fast smooth with a nice screen. Reminds me of when computers just started getting fast enough to actually start using. The ram memory needs to be at a minimum of 1-2gb i would push towards 2gb. the internal storage memory should be 120gb -160gb minimum. No administrative rights how can any computer be sold without admin and password.
Everyday usage 9/10 NO ROOT having administrative rights to this small form factor computer deprives me of basic ownership and basic rights; right to privacy, right to protect my property, right to properly secure this device and my personal information as needed.
Text input 8/10 Its ok. Seems to work. I'm not a fan of prediction when i text and need to take the time to find where i can stop the text from trying to predict and change what i text. Simple fix. There really isn't any complants this phone is really nice tones of abilities and runs pretty smooth.
Display 10/10 Awesome quality. Direct sun = black screen. Protective screen cover it is possible to kind of see in direct sun with the phone tilted. Mclovin it! Ok unleash the on-demand fix the netflix app I wanna see the quality this display offers with a a streaming movie.

Pros

• The purchase price from amazon 129.99
  • Purchased the unlimited data just in time! YAY!
  • call quality between other verizon wireless customers is the clearest
  • Spoke to customer service in Sac-town ....extremely excellent
  • Samsung makes quality
  • Verizon is the best cellphone provider
  • Samsung Charge is kicking butt and taking names later

Cons

• NO ROOT, NO su, NO sudo, NO admin
  • needs better battery just does and needs to come with a extra battery or two
  • I'm not a Droid Developer .....yet
  • No GirlFriend-App (customized options)
  • Price for service is way to high
  • Verizon has gone backwards for future customers and no longer offer unlimited data for new customers....this is wrong like the other cellphone companys and wrong like those isp that are over priced and putting bandwidth caps

Barry mann
posted on 20 Jul 2011, 00:07

Switching from Palm Pre to Android was hard at first!!!

Barry mann has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

My daughter wanted an iPhone and i wanted to get better reception, so we switched from Sprint to Verizon, and I got the Charge because of the big beautiful screen and the better incorporation of voice commands than the iPhone has. As i got terrible battery life on my Palm Pre, i was ready for the bigger brighter Charge to use up the battery even faster, but with screen brightness turned low (not automatic screen brightness which chews up the battery), and GPS and Wifi off, I get 16-20 hours of battery life making about 30 minutes of calls, checking sports scores on the internet, texting my daughter, listening to podcasts and PAndora radio for 90 minutes a day, playing a few games and using G-tasks and Business Calendar widgets and live wallpaper from Nexus.

I love the great selection of apps in the Android Market and the free app of the day in the Amazon market app. I love the home screen widgets with Go Launcher that let me see everything i need on a few home screens instead of having to launch multlple apps on an iphone. I wish i was better at typing on the on-screen keyboard, but i use the voice commands to do most things so i don't have to type much.

Pros

• Beautiful big bright screen
  • Fast internet access
  • Voice commands work well, even for email and messaging

Cons

• Battery needs care to maximize life
  • On screen keyboards are not my thing

Barry mann alternatives:

rasheedah1984
posted on 08 Jul 2011, 01:58

started with thunderbolt.....was sent droid charge

rasheedah1984 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

hi..... i started with the htc thunderbolt.....well that was a piece of s**t...so i called verizon and sadi send me another phone or im going with sprint....hence i have the droid charge...its basically the galaxy s big brother...it a great phone...also not that buggy

MichaelB
posted on 24 Jun 2011, 15:02

Great Device, battery good with a little management...

MichaelB has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have had mine over a month now, and love it. Yes, red colors are a bit blown out, but otherwise awesome display and really great camera! The main complaint I see from others is the battery life; my battery life is great! Here's are some tips that work for me: Turn off GPS when your not using it, it's a major drain. When you have a WiFi connection, turn of 3/4G. When you are on 3/4G, turn off the WiFi. Only turn on the Bluetooth when you are going to use it. Use an optimizer App to help keep the running apps under control. It's not too much trouble to do, and I go about 2 days between charges with normal use of browsing, phone calls, texting, etc... and even a little gaming.

Camera 10/10 Except that there is no Optical zoom, it's nearly as good as my Digital SLR!
Battery 7/10 Battery Life very good, ONLY with careful management

• Display Quality
  • Speed good (but never good enough, LOL)
  • Lightweight / Thin
  • Solid feel / Quality Design
  • Battery Life good, but...

Cons

• Battery needs careful management

Charged
posted on 23 Jun 2011, 14:05

Charged up about Samsung Charge

Charged has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I wouldn't recommend anybody try this at home but I accidently knocked my naked, unprotected (no otterbox or other case) Charge off the chair arm and, as luck would have it, it landed in a xlarge cup of sweet tea. It was immediately retreived, turned off, wiped off, back removed and (according to the moisture sensors) determined there was no moisture damage. I put it all back together and all is well.

Display 7/10 Oversaturated colors and can't find any settings that resolve it. Otherwise nice sharp images
Battery 6/10 Never leave home without charger. While away, I rarely do more than a little internet surfing, emailing, 2-3 total hours of calls. I have installed NO apps to run in the background.

maira
posted on 23 Jun 2011, 12:13

Great Phone with 1 major problem

maira has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I was so excited to get the newest and greatest. Went in the store to buy the iphone and walked out with the CHARGE. I love the phone overall and what it has to offer but battery life is not working for me. I can not leave home without my charger the phone is dead within hours. I wish there was a way to fix this problem :-( looks like i may need to return and go with my original plan Iphone.

Everyday usage 5/10 The battery life is horrible and I can not make it threw an entire day at work or away from home without my charger.
Battery 1/10 TERRIBLE BATTERY LIFE. I love the phone otherwise but considering taking back because of this issue. U must carry a charger with you everywhere and be ready to plug it in. Today is a great example, I left my charger at home and my phone was dead by 12:30pm. I try to use the task manager to help conserve battery life but this does not help

Roseylisa
posted on 21 Jun 2011, 06:24

Mrs. Lisa Cress

Roseylisa has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Love the Samsung Droid Charge much better ,than the droid x2 they were trying to pull the wool over everyones eye,with that hyped up so called phone. It is fast and I'm only in a 3g area. Only problem I've had is with the camera freezing when I go to take a picture and getting the puzzle piece together to answer the phone and the music sounds like it has to much base in it.

Pros

• love the colors, is fast running in 3g area

Cons

• camera keeps freezing up when I go to take a pic!Reception could be a little better but its not bad just playing music seems like to much base hopefully that will get fixed if it ever gets the 2.3 upgrade!Eats up the battery even when not in use.

teasamp
posted on 16 Jun 2011, 13:25 (Posts: 4; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)

teasamp has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This is a great phone with a big and beautiful screen. The call quality is the best i have heard on any smartphone. The media hub is great and they gave me a 25.00 credit to use there. Only complant would be lack of 4g coverage in my area to get this phones full potential. This phone is far and away better than the Fasinate that I replaced.

Pros

• screen
  • battery life for a smartphone
  • Media Hub

Cons

• 4g not in my area

K_A_E
posted on 02 Jun 2011, 16:54

I love it!

K_A_E has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

The Charge is a great phone. I love everything about it--the big screen, the organization of the phone, the camera, the speed. It does take some time getting used to if you have never had a Smartphone. If you just play with the features, it is easy to figure out! I would recommend it! The Droid App Market has a lot of great Apps!!!!

No Cons yet.

B_Trey
posted on 02 Jun 2011, 16:13

Charge is horrible.

B_Trey has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

It has already been messing up freezing on me and most of the texts hardly go through. I hate it and regret switching from the Thunderbolt. I wish the phone had better features or just been built better. The touch screen is sorry as well, it's just ridiculous. DON'T GET THIS PHONE!!!

Build quality 1/10 Calls drop all the time and I don't get most of the calls to me

Pros

Cons

• Slow
  • Physical Buttons are broken easily
  • Calls drop almost everytime

B_Trey alternatives:

Droid Charge
posted on 30 May 2011, 19:37

WOW!!!

Droid Charge has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone is far the most superior phone that verizon has released. The quality, the effort that was put in into the phone, you can actually feel it. The Amoled Screen is enriched with pure and brilliant colors that makes it far superior to the Thunderbolt and The Revolution. The Hummingbird Processor is so fast there is zero to no lagg on the phone. The design of the phone is different from all the 4G phones made. The Battery consumption is good compared to the Thunderbolt and the Revolution All i can say is Bravo!!! Samsung you made a good recovery after the Samsung Facinate. Keep up the good work Samsung

Pros

• Excellent Screen
  • Fast Processor
  • Good Sound Quality
  • Awesome Battery Life

Cons

• LED Message Indicator

dirtyjharry
posted on 22 May 2011, 11:22

charge

dirtyjharry has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

started with htc thunderbolt had nothing but trouble 40% of apps would not run exchanged for charge solved all problems defently buy the charge over thunderbolt!!!!!!!!!!!!! great phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wknixon1987
posted on 16 May 2011, 05:37 (Posts: 0; Member since: 16 May 2011)

Amazing

wknixon1987 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I bought the phone on the 2nd day that it came out. I replaced my old phone ( Palm Pre Plus) and I will tell you that it is a huge difference in performance and quality. Samsung has done a great job especially with the new AMOLED screen which is bright and smooth like a display screen should be. The battery life is great on my palm if I used Pandora for more than 30 minutes on a full charge I would be below 50% but with the Samsung Charge it barely used anything. I suggest the phone is worth the money and if you can afford it you should GET IT.

Pros

• Great Screen