x PhoneArena is looking for new authors in New York! To view all available positions, click here.
Samsung Droid Charge Discussions
  • Options
    Close

samsung droid charge vs thunderbolt vs bionic how are the people who switched from the charge to the thunderbolt liking it.

awesome tman (unregistered) 13 Jun 2011, 11:43 posted on

i dont like the thunderbolt cuz it keeps on restarting and is annoying so its between getting the droid charge or waiting for the droid bionic which one would be better cuz the charge was cool when i played with it in the store but the boinic is rumored to have a 13 megapixel camera but a VGA front facing the charges only complaint is theres no LED light for notifications other wise theres like nothing wrong with it they could of put it under the proximity senser but how are the people who switched from the thunderbolt to the charge liking it.

posted on 17 Jun 2011, 10:54

1. elArbolDichoso (Posts: 3; Member since: 20 May 2011)

I truly underestimated how annoying it is not to have LED notification lights. I do love my Droid Charge but I feel like it would gain sooooooo much by having them included. This is especially true since the screen doesn't light up when you receive new texts so if you don't feel lit (my phone is almost perpetually on vibrate) you can miss out, even if you have the phone next to you within eyesight. Despite this though I can say without hesitation that I would recommend this phone.

posted on 20 Jun 2011, 12:40

2. NEWCHARGE (unregistered)

The solution to this prob is the NoLED app. puts a notification icon. small. on your screen when you get a message. diff colors for diff items. i like it. I do wish it had an LED though.

posted on 17 Jul 2011, 09:30

3. alkspa (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)

I don't or didn't try the Thunderbolt because of the battery problems rumored. However, I am disappointed in the Charge in that I can't stream netflix, Gingerbread is nowhere in sight and I can't use the ff camera for video chat. I suggest you wait for the Bionic if these are considerations to you.

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories