x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
Samsung Droid Charge Discussions
  • Options
    Close

Data unreliable on my Droid Charge

elArbolDichoso (unregistered) 19 May 2011, 16:09 posted on

Sooo I've had this phone since Sunday (4-ish days) and while I like it a lot with respect to interface, features, et cetera I'm finding that the few times I actually want to break out the beast that is 4G connectivity it will hose up. Not even connectivity with 3G. I tried cycling mobile data on and off and that doesn't help. I've had mixed results with rebooting the entire device (but c'mon - that shouldn't be my only option, right?).

My question is whether or not anyone else has been experiencing this issue. If so - how have you dealt with it? If not - should I try and get a replacement from Verizon?

Thanks in advance.

posted on 19 May 2011, 16:14

1. elArbolDichoso (unregistered)

http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-Charge-by-Samsun g/Droid-Charge-Network-connection-Problems/m-p/532 778

I shoulda looked a little more first, I guess.

Nonetheless - who else is having this issue?

posted on 20 May 2011, 06:27

2. uglykidjoe (unregistered)

could be verizon's network, on some youtube videos of the droid charge and thunderbolt they lose signal often may want to check how its been in your area

posted on 20 May 2011, 10:43

3. elArbolDichoso (Posts: 3; Member since: 20 May 2011)

Yeah true. I'd be grateful to lose a signal though. I never seem to have it in the first place haha. I'd settle for 3G right now, really.

posted on 30 May 2011, 13:20

4. bob (unregistered)

Have had my thunderbolt more than a month and it loses power quickly and suddenly with no warning. Doesn't even last one day and I use the data plan very little. I've reset various power savers but that doesn't help. anyone have a suggestion?

posted on 31 May 2011, 16:51

5. elArbolDichoso (Posts: 3; Member since: 20 May 2011)

Have you tried the JuiceDefender app? My friend with a Thunderbolt swears by it. May be worth a try. Also - have you downloaded the updates HTC has issued?

posted on 01 Jul 2011, 11:04

9. VZWDude (unregistered)

There is an app called TaskKiller. The free version works just fine. Many applications will continue to run on your phone even if you arent using them. when you open the task killer it lists all your active apps and gives you the option to "kill" them. I use it a couple times a day and get alot more time out fo my battery. You can also look into getting an extended battery. warning, the extended battery is bigger and you will need to make sure that you get the correct cover to house it.

posted on 01 Jul 2011, 11:45

10. topshelf1800 (unregistered)

never use a task killer on a droid that is above 2.1 software. they are unnecessary because 2.2 added a manager into the phone itself. if u have an app that does that its doing double duty and sometimes they conflict wtih the system.

posted on 31 May 2011, 18:08

6. creeper11 (Posts: 3; Member since: 31 May 2011)

I have the charge and never lose the signal but Verizon coverage is great where I live
I put the antenna sticker below the battery that could be why as well.

posted on 04 Jun 2011, 19:40

7. dukesteer (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Jun 2011)

OK, this may be dumb but, what or where is the antenna sticker?

BTW, I like the Charge but hate the icons. Very cheap looking...

Thanks

posted on 01 Jul 2011, 11:01

8. VZWDude (unregistered)

It sounds as if you are definitely having some issues with data. Give Verizon a call so their techs can have a look at it. You may need to update your roaming list or if its a pervasive problem you might be needing a replacement. Either way give them a call.

posted on 07 Jul 2011, 05:59

11. jethrobolas (unregistered)

The droid charge by Samsung is a sorry piece of junk! I have been having data connection problems since i got it 3 weeks ago. 8 calls to tech support at Verizon has gotten me nowhere, just a waste of time because they act like they don't know there is a problem. They blame it on my area, or say it's because i am moving around but that is a bunch of s#%t. Factory resets do nothing but erase my settings and apps. Switching to 3g only helps a bit, but then what is the point of having a 4g phone? I have read the blogs and many people are having the same problem with this device and they get the same stupid bs from tech support. Call Samsung and let them know that the need to get it fixed now! Samsung # is 888-987-4357.

posted on 05 Aug 2011, 01:08

12. TopDawg (unregistered)

"battery sticker" = signal enhancer

posted on 20 Aug 2011, 20:22

13. fran the man (unregistered)

Have been having problems for about two weeks with my charge losing its data plan. verizon swears there is no one else having this problem but i now see they lie. att is looking real good right now

posted on 15 Sep 2011, 20:17

16. charge sucks (unregistered)

Mine is the same way . Never had any problems tell we got the charges now it is a battle.they blame everything , whne i ask them why our problems started when i opened the boxes for the charge they get really quiet, KEEP CALLING & BITCHING ABOUT IT, that is the only way they will fix it. I told them that if they could not fix it, THey were not holding up to there end of the contract. I wanted them to buy back the phone & right off the contact, ATT baby that got their attention

posted on 31 Aug 2011, 11:25

14. getting ticked (unregistered)

My husband and I both have the charge since july 15th. On the 25th we called and they did a ticket on it and just the other day we find out nothing can be done about it. They sent a network extender but our phones wont even connect to that.
Every phone call to verizon has had a different solution none of which work.
Had no problem whatsoever with my original motorla droid and the data.
We spent this much on the phones and half the time don't have data.
We have even changed them over to just 3g as they told us but that did nothing.
Im afraid to try another brand for fear of the same but its looking like maybe a samsung problem, which of course will get us no where as my husband has already tried talking to them..

posted on 23 Sep 2011, 14:38

17. samsuck! (unregistered)

this is def. a samsung problem, not any other 4g phones.

posted on 31 Aug 2011, 11:30

15. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)

Because these phones suck

posted on 22 Apr 2012, 01:27

18. greenrolaids (Posts: 43; Member since: 04 Feb 2012)

i have to turn off data and then turn it back on 2-4 times a day to get data to come back.

Droid charge should have been called Droid Hiccup.

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories