x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
Samsung Captivate Discussions
  • Options
    Close

Why is it a huge disappointment?

WirelessCon 13 Jul 2010, 10:51 posted on

Phonearena gave it an 8.5 rating, that's a good rating. It's on a scale of one to ten. A disappointing phone would have to be below a rating of 6. I would have liked to have seen a better screen resolution, but considering the shortage of super AMOLED screens, this probably isn't going to change in the near future. Otherwise it looks and reads like its a well built phone.

posted on 14 Jul 2010, 17:32

1. osanilevich (Posts: 245; Member since: 29 Sep 2009)

the disappointment was the design, which isnt bad at all now that we get to see the model at a better perspective

posted on 25 Jul 2010, 12:28

2. networkdood (Posts: 6326; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)

The design is just fine - the screen resolution, the 5MP camera pics are fantastic, better than any phone with AT&T besides IPHONE 4. UI is a tad slower than the speedy ARIA and when the phone gets 2.2, or a modded 2.2, it will be just faster - 55 FPS is awesome...

posted on 04 Dec 2010, 14:15

3. Captivate Owner (unregistered)

I am an owner of the Captivate and I really love this phone. I got the captivate and my girlfriend got the HTC aria. We both played with each other phones and she ended returning the aria and getting the captivate, I am a fan of the HTC phones and the ARIA was just not that impressive. We both love our captivate the ONLY downsides that I can think of are as Follows:

No light on back (disappointed)
After 4-5 days of moderately heavy use it is a little laggy till I powercycle it
and....well nothing else really

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories