x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
Samsung Captivate Glide Discussions
  • Options
    Close

Wow.

beardedchild (unregistered) 26 Jul 2011, 17:32 posted on 1

Slide out keyboard? Looks like I'm officially NOT getting this phone :D Good move, idiots! Make us wait all this time, and then drop this on us?
What about that awesome leaked image of the attain??!

posted on 27 Jul 2011, 18:37

1. Dr.Phil (Posts: 904; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)

You do know that they are ALLEGING that this is the Samsung Galaxy SII. So, stop complaining until you have the facts. You are correct there was a leaked image of the Attain. If you ask me, I think this is just another Android headset for AT&T, because the screen size doesn't even look near 4.3 inches.

posted on 28 Jul 2011, 00:23

2. zheina (unregistered)

Actually there seems to be 2 types of galaxy s II heading AT&T's way, at least that's what this article states.http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s_ii_slide_for_att_leaks_plus_a_candybar_galaxy_s_ii-news-2932.php

posted on 29 Jul 2011, 20:03

3. James11221 (unregistered)

This can not be the S2. The S2 has a physical button instead of soft keys.

posted on 01 Aug 2011, 10:49

4. I Pick My Nose (unregistered)

The U.S. S II will have soft keys instead of the physical button.

posted on 04 Aug 2011, 15:25

5. Ben (unregistered)

i personally love the keyboard and as far as not being 4.3 inch like people have said, i love that too, i had the infuse for a lil before returning it and it was wayyy to big i hated it anything more than 4 inches is stretching it, my advice, dont get a phone thats bigger than 4.3

posted on 09 Aug 2011, 12:41

6. ZAX (unregistered)

Keyboard...Sweet now I can look like a pre-teen texting all my 12 year old friends. Keyboards make all phones look and feel like old technology. Speak-n-spell anyone? Not to mention that more parts = more bulk. What a downer.

posted on 11 Aug 2011, 09:45

7. Phone Handler (unregistered)

Nope. this is now the reason why I will DEFINITELY get a galaxy 2. what the hell is your problem? newsflash: it's easier to type on a qwerty.

posted on 12 Aug 2011, 16:02

8. REALLY (unregistered)

all the people who DONT like this phone are STUPID! regular touchscreens are so wack, half of the time you struggle to type the right word because your fingers are to big for the screen!

posted on 24 Aug 2011, 11:56 2

9. firebo14 (Posts: 77; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)

With a physical keyboard as well as a touch keyboard, that's good. :]

It makes the phone more smart.

posted on 14 Oct 2011, 13:43

10. Chris918 (unregistered)

I am DYING waiting for AT&T to come out with a good QWERTY keyboard phone while EVERY other carrier comes out with good ones! I hope this one will be worth getting. I refuse to use touchscreen typing like most people. Don't you see why these companies push the simple touchscreen phones onto the masses? Less parts = Less potential problems for the company & cheaper to make.

posted on 14 Oct 2011, 18:47

11. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2962; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)

It would have been better if AT&T's SGS2 also had the 4.52 inch display. Making the difference in screen sizes even more so. 4 inches compared to 4.3 just isn't that big and plus you get the slide out keyboard which a lot of people like. Also, unlike Verizon's Epic, this thing has a dual core processor and 1gb of ram where Verizon's Epic only has 1 single core processor and 512 of ram.

posted on 18 Oct 2011, 12:05 1

12. lollypie (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 Oct 2011)

Flip
Swivel
Slide
(or have a tiny screen)
(or itty bitty buttons)
Who Cares???
If you need a keyboard you need one. I know I do. I type fast and I use my phone to upload videos and text to youtube. I don't want to carry around some silly external keyboard. In fact, I'd trade screen size for having actual old school buttons below the screen so I could text without looking at a screen.
Too bad they can't make a megamegapixel phone with amazing screen quality and leave the buttons where they belong.

posted on 06 Nov 2011, 11:54

13. npaladin2000 (Posts: 132; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)

About time AT&T got a superphone with a slider. Wish it was a 4.3 inch screen but I can live with 4 inches. And a Super AMOLED+ screen should really help with battery life.

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories