Samsung Behold User Reviews

lacrymosa
posted on 05 Apr 2010, 01:12 (Posts: 6; Member since: 25 Mar 2010)

I've wanted the behold since it came out so when i had the chance to buy it i did.It is a little disappointing though. the main problem for me is the music player. when you're listening to it, it doesnt matter it you make a playlist or chose an album the phone always plays it in alphabetical order.the camera on the other hand is excellent. but thats it for all the features of the phone everything else comes standard with every phone. i

• Custom ringtones

Cons

• Music only plays in alphabetical order
  • no features that stick out
  • no customization beyond wallpaper and ringtones
  • BORING

timmymyrs
posted on 03 Jan 2010, 03:37

Samsung Behold Review.

Size:The size is great. It's small, compact, and it has a decent sized screen.Battery Life:It blows, to be completely honest. I get maybe 4 hours of hardcore texting. Adding music while texting gives maybe an hour and a half. I had to adjust the entire back-lighting and display settings just to get a few extra minutes.Display:It's awesome. It's crisp, clean, but a terrible finger-print magnet. But all touch phones are, so no complaints, really.Camera:It's the best I've had so far. It's on par with my 13.2 MP digital camera when it comes to still shots. Video recording was nice, all though the frame rate wasn't terribly good.Music Player:Nice, simple design. Not too much to do besides set the background effect. If you want more, get the LG Chocolate Touch. The music player on this phone is just simple, but the multi-tasking is great.Browser:Magnificent. Fast, easy to navigate. If only it had multi-touch zooming capabilities. Speed: It's pretty good. The accelerometer could use a work-over though.Keyboard:I honestly don't like the full qwerty. It's layout is kinda.. funky, I guess. Don't get me wrong, it can be gotten used to. But I don't like it. I like how it gives me the option to use T9. Saves my arse, really. :DPerformance:It's performance is good, all around. It's laggy at times, but it can be dealt with. Summary:I reccomend this phone entirely to people who like Touch-screen phones. I would like it so much better if it were on Verizon. It's stylish,...

Pros

• Keyboard.
  • Touchscreen.
  • Browser.
  • Speed.
  • Performance.

Cons

• Finger-print magnet.
  • Leaning curve.

Aumlan
posted on 01 Jan 2010, 01:04

COOOL PH to HANGOUT with

i was about to get an iPhone but my uncle gave me this as a gift& guess whati was really impressedits not only good its really gooooodlike with a price like thisits amazinginternet is fast& its GPS is awesome once i installed Google Mapsthough configuring the phones internal setting is a big hecticno direction of any sort of how to do it was mentionedhad to goggle a bit b4 i cld manually configure my GPRS settingsno WI-FI & stereo out optionbut its a great value for money & its 1 of the best phone i have ever usedHEAVY, SOPHISTICATED, SMART & RELIABLE:D

Pros

• Smart
  • GPS
  • FAST INTERNET
  • NICE QWERT ON SCREEN KEYBOARD
  • NICE CAMERA

Cons

• no WI-FI
  • no Stereo Output
  • the screen is not scratch proof
  • & the camera wont good in low light condition

posted on 10 Oct 2009, 17:54

this phone is beast

im 13 and i got this phone a few days ago it is AWESOME it has a great camera,nice web browser, and all around great. I reccomend this phone to everyone.this phone gets TWO THUMBS UP,9.5/10. its on sell now.i thing 49.99 or 79.99 either way its cheap in price but good quality

Pros

Cons

• slow camera,slow internet, and short battery life

posted on 11 Aug 2009, 19:48

you have no idea how great this phone is.
no matter what anyone says.
there can not be anything better this this really.
fast internet
add more memory
upload pictures and MUSIC
touch screen
can add favorte things to do on main screen
its amazing
love it
if someone got a bad phone return it and get a new one
Its on sale for $49.99 on t-mobile now

• for real!!!!!!!

Cons

• nada meaning nothing

behold--me
posted on 22 Jun 2009, 15:09 (Posts: 650; Member since: 22 Jun 2009)

pretty nice

i got this phone a little over two months ago and i love it!
the camera is great and takes great video/pics   the flash works pretty well also
the web is amazing!  its so easy to use and actually has a full html not like my mom's bb pearl
a touch screen....amazing!  the phone is slim and small,  easy to hold on to and very responsive
i listen to music all the time, and i was pleased with the playback.  It is loud and clear
videos look amazing with the large screen, as the phone fits the video to the entire screen, very clear
messaging.....awesome! i like having two options to text with,  T9 and keyboard.  the handwriting recogn. isnt really useful because it takes up too much time and doesnt recognize letters sometimes
the touchwiz UI looks very nice and clean. (I have the updated menu and icons from the Memoir UI)  some of the widgets are useful....SOME    others just take up space and don't really do anything useful
A HUGE LETDOWN IS WITH THE LOCKED WIDGETS.......new touch wiz devices allow for new widgets and apps to be downloaded (phone ex, Jet, Omnia HD, etc.) NO NEW ONES CAN BE DOWNLOADED....ONLY PRE-LOADED ONES ARE AVAILABLE
overall, very good phone :) would recommend to anyone     good deal, good price, and

• texting w/ keyboard or T9 portrait
  • web
  • small design and very slim
  • fast web/data speeds (3G)

Cons

• ONLY PRELOADED WIDGETS....no access to new ones

posted on 08 Jun 2009, 00:36

Not worth it!

The software that is running on the behold isn't too great.  You can't do too much with the phone like you can on a blackberry or iphone.  The internet browser lacks features, it really does not have a full html browser.  It just looks nice, has a touch screen, and a good camara.  You can't really add any programs to this phone.  But you can add opera as an additional web browser, which can really help the web browsing experience as some pages do not load with the standard web browser.  The opera browser is even faster than the browser that comes with the phone and offers more functions, except it doesn't tilt.  When you lock your phone, there is a screen saver that displays images everytime the phone is locked and unlocked.  Some of the images include flowers, I hated that as I am a guy.  There is currently no option to change the images that display on the screen saver or a way to turn it off.  The internet plan I had on mine was for smartphones, it costs about $25.  Which is the same price as the unlimited blackberry web service.  The web browser is far more superior on the blackberry in my opinion.  I can watch complete videos from youtube without my phone getting stuck at 6% buffering like the behold did with its 3g speed.  My behold was always searching for a signal and it impacted my battery life.  The battery would never last a day.  I prefer my wifi signal on my 8120 to the 3g I...

Pros

• Feels solid, big screen, looks nice, looks like a camara, 5-megapixel camara, great picture quality, accurate touchscreen, motion sensor, ability to display a full keyboard, & looks modern.

Cons

• Lacks the ability to add programs, web browser isn't too great, battery doesn't last long, struggles to maintain signal, can't change screen saver images or turn off, no skins or themes, can't access msn email accounts with preloaded email program, and no email notifications. My phone couldn't play complete youtube videos.

posted on 03 May 2009, 12:27

amazinng

thiis phonee is awsomme.
ouutt of all the phoness i hadd tis one is the greattest. i amm 13 yearrs old i think that thiis phone is great for a 13 year old or between thee ages. there is high speed internet great camera and ihts a touch screen phone and i love it iht is alsoo a 3G phone(:

Pros

• everythinng

Cons

• nothinnng

SamsungFan666
posted on 14 Mar 2009, 22:16

I like it

It's a good phone. People probably think this is huge like most samsung touchscreen mobiles like the Instinct, but its the opposite. This thing fits in my palm and it's really lightweight. Especially if your not a phone expert, the menu is easy to use.

Pros

• Excellent buy
  • good size

Cons

• nothing realy

HUnter
posted on 01 Mar 2009, 04:41

Samsung Behold

AMAZING. Just AMAZING. Very good camera. Nice display.

Pros

• I donot like samsung phones but wanted to give a try. This phone changed the way I used to feel about Samsung phones. I was a NOKIA person, but not now anymore.

Shaniqua
posted on 17 Feb 2009, 21:50

OMG! LUV IT

I got this phone for christmas and i love it. The camera is wonderful, the internet is fast, and it is very stylish.

Pros

• INTERNET SPEED
  • CAMERA
  • BLUETOOTH

Cons

• THE BATTERY

MrRihannaFenty
posted on 13 Jan 2009, 08:18

Samsung Behold? Um, love it!!

So i bought my behold in December 2008. I really do like it. But i wonder if I'm the only one who has a few certain problems. First. When I start listening to music. I click the play button and the phone restarts. it does that all the time and I never have a chance to listen to my music. When it pertains to the internet, the pages never show up for some reason. It really does bother me. But other than that its an amazing phone.

• Screen resolution
  • drag and drop
  • features
  • music player

Cons

• internet
  • music player

kasean lucas
posted on 29 Dec 2008, 03:40

great phone but

im a 13 year old and i have this phone and i love it its amazing its a phone like no other when i went in for my upgrade i knew exactly what i wanted
the only bad thing that sucks is that the battery life is horrible if your a music listener get a different phoneand another bad thing is you cant text while your on the internet

nohbrant
posted on 21 Dec 2008, 21:09

Samsung Behold

Overall a great cell phone. It has a quality feel to it and feels really nice in your hand. The back is also nice. It's actually a painted metal instead of cheap plastic so the phone is technically slightly heavier, but it feels solid and not flimsy. Camera is nice and the pic quiality is what you'd expcect in a 5mp CELL phone. So, it's not like a 5mp Nikon Camera but it's ok. Im sure they are working on  a better lens technology to use in cell phones. Only downfall with the camera is that the memory card is in a very stupid(yes, stupid) place. To get to it you must take the back cover off AND the battery out!!  Now that's just reduculous, but I guess something had to be compromised.
The phone could use better software and more logic when it comes to widgets and general touch screen procesess. But one gets used to it after playing around with the phone. Speaker quality is great and once I talked to someone while having the phone in my breast pocket(yeah you got it I was at work lol). The person on the other end saw no change in quality in fact they didin't even know. It's also usefull while driving just make sure the mic is facing up. Other shortback the lack of WiFi.

Alec
posted on 06 Dec 2008, 15:07

OMG

Amazing . One of my favorite phones invented. I love the design, the screen was just the right balence for sensibility, the camera was just astounding, it is easy to navigate and is just an amazing phone.

bUbbLeZ
posted on 27 Nov 2008, 21:14

LoVe iT

My sister bought this phone and it is wonderful. She was going to get the G1 but it was to ugly. But anywayz this phone has a fast internet, it plays youtube videos with not problem, i haven't used the phone that much but sometimes the touch screen thing is a lil difficult, the music is great, the camera is great everything is great.
BUY IT,
IT IS WORTH IT

Pros

• 3G
  • Plays videos on youtube
  • good camera
  • easy but not great touch screen
  • good music playing
  • the best internet

Mike89
posted on 26 Nov 2008, 08:54

Great touchscreen phone for T-Mobile!

I got this phone for my wife and she loves it!  It's a small phone with a ton of features(although I did add google maps) and the camera on it takes great pictures(autofocus a little slow).  The touchscreen is very responsive and the accelerometer is a cool feature too.
Ive read about some people in other reviews not liking the fact that the browser fits everything to the screen for you(they say its not a real HTML browser); but, after using the phone both ways, its much better this way.  it means a lot less scrolling around to the left and right!
Overall a great phone for T-Mobile customers that dont need a G1 or wants something that is smaller and more stylish.

Pros

• 5MP camera w/ flash
  • great call quality
  • nice quick browsing(in 3G areas)
  • responsive touchscreen

Cons

• No WiFi
  • No hotspot @home(phone would ve been a perfect 10 if these 2 were included)

Jazmaya
posted on 19 Nov 2008, 13:12

BEHOLD THE BEHOLD

I just bought this phone yesturday and since I got it I can't stop
THE BROWSER IS SO FAST, VERY RESPONSIVE TOUCHSCREEN, WIDGETS GOT TO LOVE IT 5MEGA PIXEL CAMERA WOW I LOVE IT
you must get this phone I think its one of the best Samsungs GREAT JOB SAMSUNG THIS PHONE IS AMAZING

Pros

• WI FI
  • 3G
  • TOUCHSREEN
  • SIZE WEIGHT
  • PRICE
  • CAMERA
  • SIZE
  • WEIGHT
  • BATTERY LIFE (WAY BETTER THAN THE G1)
  • REMOVABLE WIDGETS

Cons

• NOTHING

V. Dolan
posted on 10 Nov 2008, 23:49

Fantastic.

I was honestly expecting just another iPhone copy gone wrong but this phone was quite a bit of fun to play with and use. The texting style is quite fun with the ability to flip back and forth between generic cell phone with the multi-letter per key to then flipping on it's side and becoming a full qwerty keyboard. The speaker on it is above average and sound quality is rather high. And the Internet browser was quite possibly one of the fastest I've used on a cell phone. And the pictures you can take! Simply incredible. Though I think 5 megs for a cell phone is a little ridiculous nothing could be better when you want to take a good quality picture but you only have your cell phone with you. I definitely recommend this one to just about anyone.

Pros

• Fast internet, flawless camera, sleek design, fun to play with.

Cons

• Battery kind of drains a bit faster than wanted, touch screen's are known to have their flaws, rumored to be fragile.