Samsung Acclaim User Reviews

Text input4.9/10
Everyday usage3.1/10
Camera5.3/10

dburleson96
posted on 21 Jun 2012, 11:27 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)

POS!!!!!!!

dburleson96 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I can not wait to get a new phone i hate this phone it is sucky and feels cheep!!! The screen is unresponsive, takes to long to boot up, camera sucks, keyboard sucks, i have had this phone from the day it came out and i hate it!

jlmiller12s
posted on 01 May 2012, 17:03 (Posts: 0; Member since: 01 May 2012)

Piece of Sh*&(

jlmiller12s has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I hate this phone, I've had dreams of having enough money to buy a better one and figuring out sick and twisted ways to destroy this phone. Yes it's that serious. Sadly I'm a broke college student so I've been stuck with this phone for the last year or so. The problems I've had with this phone are as follows:

1. Literally takes 2.5 minutes to start up. (I've timed it)
2. Frequently freezes. ( And I only have 3 apps on it with a 8gb sd card)
3. I have to do a hard reset on the phone twice a day.
4. Missed text messages along with drop calls. (due to terrible attena or just bad coverage from US cellular.
5. Occasionally restarts itself. (Often in the middle of one of my lengthy text messages).

Overall I absolutely and utterly despise this phone.

Build quality 1/10 0
Reception 1/10 I really want to rate it a 0
Call quality 1/10 I really want to rate it a 0

• Good paper weight

Cons

• Everything. I hate this phone
  • Battery life sucks as well.

Momof3
posted on 01 Apr 2011, 16:27

Terrible phone

Momof3 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The Droid platform works fine most of the time. The touchscreen isn't always reliable and the phone itself is terrible. This phone will drop calls for no reason and the keypad activates while speaking on the phone. I have just received my 3rd replacement to try. I have spent hours and hours on the phone with the tech department and it's just a vicious circle. I would not recommend this phone at all.

Build quality 1/10 The phone itself is unreliable and drops calls
Reception 5/10 When it works
Call quality 5/10 Again, when it works
Internet 6/10 Sometimes is slow
Everyday usage 1/10 I can't rely on it as a phone.
Battery 3/10 The battery life is terrible

Pros

• Droid platform

Cons

• Drops calls
  • key pad activates on its own
  • internet can be extremely slow
  • texting can be slow

Disappointed
posted on 19 Jan 2011, 10:00

Biggest Headache Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cont....

Disappointed has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

-the phone won't charge
-the phone will not "sleep" (yes I have gone itno settings to make sure that the phone has not "accidently" been changed to always on since it likes to edit my settings by itself even though I have a lock on my phone

Long story short....

DON'T by the SAMSUNG Acclaim!!!!

It's not even a good "phone"
Why have it if you cant even make calls from it? It's honestly a better camera.

Disappointed
posted on 19 Jan 2011, 09:54

Biggest Headache Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disappointed has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This phone is the most horrible piece of cr@p I have ever purchased! A complete waste of money! The phone began having problems less than 3 weeks after I bought it.
Problems:

-immense lag time
-unresponsive touch screen
-missed emails/text
-misses calls because
1. the screen wont respond fast enough to answer
2. the phone never rings
3. phone doesn't even recieve the call
-texts will come in hours late and out of order
-returning calls is just as bad
1.the phone freezes up (horrible in an emergancy or important/time sensitive situation)
2. the phone wont connect (call fails)
-when the touch screen actually is responsive it's "off" (it doesn't respond in the place you selected)
-the phone will not turn on and freezes in the SAMSUNG logo screen to "unlock the phone you have to perform a "hard reset"
-the phone randomly turns off even when battery is full
-the battery life is incredibly short
-the apps open on their own which also drains the battery
-the wrong app opens when you select the icon on the desktop
-the apps wont close also draining the battery
-the entire system is bogged down and it takes forever to do anything

The only reason I have hung on to this phone was because I recieved it as a birthday present and I felt guilty returning it but after the most recent problems I am definitly returning it to US Cellular. What are the newest issues???

XxMyaLiasxX
posted on 21 Dec 2010, 23:42

I THOUGHT this phone was amazing!

XxMyaLiasxX has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I got this phone back in August and I LOVED it for the first month. Then it started to have a mind of it's own. The first thing I noticed was the green camera screen. I turned the phone off and on and it was normal again. Then... When I would get phone calls the screen would stay black and I was unable to answer my calls! Recently it just decided mid-text message to shut itself down. About 2 weeks ago my screen stopped working all together. Fortunately for the mouse I am still able to use the stupid thing. I love the apps and I do like the phone a lot! But they need to fix the problems with it! Badly! Unfortunately my husband is in jail and so the only way for me to talk to him is when he calls. Well.. having the problems with my touch screen not working is that I have NO way to answer my calls! I can return them no problem but because he is in jail I am unable to call him back! I finally found on the Samsung site that you can use a headset and answer. The bad thing is that the screen will stop working for a whole day but the second I walk into the US Cellular place it works JUST FINE! Of course! It has it's good things about it and I don't want a different phone because I do love my phone BUT since I paid $200 with a new contract for the stupid thing I'd love for it to actually WORK properly! Samsung refuses to say that there's anything wrong with their phone EVEN THOUGH there are hundreds of complaints about the same problems with it! Stand by your product!

Multimedia 8/10 I do have trouble with any videos that require flash
Camera 9/10 The green screen takes it down a notch... but the quality of the video and photos is great!
Everyday usage 2/10 Heh... can barely use it!
Display 2/10 Screen doesn't work :(
Battery 8/10 Ever since I got the advanced task killer my battery lasts ALL DAY!

Devilfox71
posted on 05 Dec 2010, 21:15

Do not buy.

Devilfox71 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Not a great phone. I'm currently waiting on the arrival of my 3rd replacement. The first one, brand new out of the box, froze up within a week. The second, also brand new out of the box, froze up completely within 5 weeks. By froze up, i mean will not turn on at all. Locks up on the Samsung logo screen. My third one is a refurbished phone, courtesy of U.S. Cellular. Hopefully this one works. If not, I'm definitely either getting another brand or switching carriers.

Reception 7/10 Decent reception.

Pros

Cons

• not at all reliable

VazDrae
posted on 21 Nov 2010, 22:52

Decent Phone

VazDrae has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I am on my 3rd Acclaim. The last two did the same thing. End up freezing while turning on just randomly. There are some flaws to this phone. Be aware. It does slow down randomly some times. It can freeze when getting calls. And with the last two they had the same issue of shutting off by themselves and not being able to turn back on without a battery pull. This site shows the battery life in stand by mode. It is a lie. It is no way 450 hours in stand by time. Its more like 7 hours. Other than that, its not actually to bad. It just has some problems.

Pros

• Android OS
  • multitouch
  • not to expensive
  • 3G/wifi all that jazz

• speed
  • memory

Ken
posted on 16 Nov 2010, 12:20

Samsung Acclaim Not Dependable!

Ken has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

There must be better phones out there and U.S.Cellular does not stand behind the products it sells.
The battery only lasts about 6 to 7 hours and that is when the phone has not been used to make or receive calls,use apps etc..for the whole day.
The Phone frequently shuts down on its own and the only way to restart it is to remove the battery,put it back in and then it will restart and by the way this happens with over 50% charge in the battery.

Brandon Clark (ScHwAgUy)
posted on 25 Sep 2010, 10:08

Not A Crapshoot

i've Had The Phone for a while and i must say, the only problem is the fact it takes a REDICULOUS amount of time to charge. i plug it in the night before at 5% and at the time of writing it is at 86 %. otherwise , this phone is a great one to use, especially as a starter Smartphone

Pros

• Great Features
  • Tons of Apps
  • Support for MP4
  • USB Support
  • IM Support in Messaging

Cons

• Slow Charge Time

webwriter3000
posted on 08 Sep 2010, 14:55

Battery Life Stinks

I've had this phone for almost 2 months and I like this phone.................. Its very fast and has a really nice interface................... Lots of free apps. I like the fact that it has both onscreen qwerty and the slide qwerty bult it for convienance.................. Needs a better battery though.................. The specs say 450 hours with and average of 405 hours but this is not the case. If I unpug it at 7 in the morning, it's dying by 2pm on standby....................................... (Explanation in Cons section)

Pros

• Fast, Nice Touch Screen, Great Camera. Loads of free and extreamly innexpencive apps.

Cons

• Performance 4 because it randomly starts all installed Apps on it's own. I put it down for a while, I have to use app killer to shut them all down. Battery only lasts a few hours on standby. I'm guessing the two are connected.

Matt is alsomeo
posted on 05 Sep 2010, 14:08

I think that this is a very good phone. Also the price is great. Everything is great i haven't had a problem. Some apps will make the fun lag. But i deleted them and now it runs perfect. I think this is the best phone ever.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              ...

Pros

• Android
  • EVERYTHING!

Cons

• I haven't found one yet.

Lmo
posted on 03 Sep 2010, 10:01

Acclaim vs. Blackberry

Battery life does suck!  So many things I do not like about this phone that I will probably return to my Blackberry.  And with 50,000 apps I'm surprised that some of my faves from BB aren't available!  http://bit.ly/cUJj6L   Pretty much agree with other posts here.

Pros

• Large keyboard & screen

Cons

• Too many to list!

John Smith
posted on 26 Aug 2010, 14:36

2.3

Unreliable Phone

I bought this phone a couple weeks after it came out.  The main reason I purchased it was for the built-in GPS.  I tried to use the GPS in several different states and the satellite never connected to my phone, ever.  Other problems included other applications popping up when I did not touch them, daily phone charging...sometimes twice a day, the phone not ringing when I received calls, hours late voicemail notifications and texts, the phone turning back on after I powered it down, pretty much everything went wrong.  It was also a real pain having to connect to different wireless networks as it would constantly lose connection when new networks came into range.  The best part of the phone was the full keyboard which made texting a breeze. So after a few weeks of owning this phone, I returned it to U.S. Cellular and canceled my account.  I went over to my local Verizon store and bought the Motorola Android X and that phone is awesome!  It is always connected to a 3G network so I can surf the web with no problems, but I still miss having a slide out keyboard like the Acclaim has.  In short, The Samsung Acclaim is by far the worst piece of garbage phone I have ever used and people should never purchase this product as it will be the biggest headache you could possibly imagine.

Pros

Cons

• GPS does NOT WORK
  • Wireless internet connection problems
  • Touch screen is bugging
  • Unreliable

posted on 13 Aug 2010, 00:35

Not the Best...

Okay, so I was expecting a lot from this phone. This was the first android available from my cellphone company, so me and my mom rushed to buy it and got a sweet 2 for 1 deal. For the first weeks, there were absolutely no problems except that the extremely SLOW, minute long turn on, was a bit irritating for a while and then there was the 8 hour wait for it to be fully charged and the fact that the battery life was VERY short. A few weeks into owning it, there were a lot of glitches in BOTH my mom's and my phones. When the camera was turned on, it turned to a green-screen and so you couldn't see what you were taking a picture of. Also, it started to go extremely slow when switching home-screens. It also did not ring or vibrate for most of the incoming calls and texts that I received, even though the ringer was on loud. The lack of an 'end' button was quite frustrating as well... I am not happy with this phone, and both my mom and I will be switching back to our old cellphones (mine happens to be an LG Tritan). And soon, we'll be trying out the new HTC Desire. I hope that it will work better than this one...

Pros

• Affordable
  • Sleek
  • Full Keyboard
  • Touch Screen
  • Free Apps
  • Great quality camera

Cons

• Cheaply made
  • Multiple glitches
  • Slow
  • Lagging
  • Slow to turn on
  • Short battery life

posted on 10 Aug 2010, 18:27

It's a steal

Got this phone a few days ago and it is awesome, especially for the price ($100 w/ contract, after rebate).  I don't usually like Samsung's phones, but they did a good job with this one.  I the backlit slide out keyboard - it really makes the phone feel like a miniature computer.  The big square touchpad/button at the bottom seems to be mostly useless though... it barely detects my finger at all, though it does work as a button.  Android is THE smartphone software to have if you want extensive functionality.  Basically this phone will do almost anything you could do with your computer 8 years ago.  There's a ton of free apps that are actually worth using.

The OS runs smoothly and the screen works better than most that I've dealt with.  The image quality is very good also.  I like that the rounded edges a lot better than the sharp corners on some other Android devices.  The camera takes good looking pictures for being only 3mp.

Pros

• Cheap (w/ contract)
  • Runs Android and will eventually get Froyo (Android 2.2) update
  • Screen has good touch accuracy and image quality
  • Has a slide out keyboard and on-screen keyboard

Cons

• touchpad barely detects my finger, but is not essential with a touchscreen
  • Speakerphone speaker is wimpy.
  • Call audio quality not as good as Motorola

dzdubs
posted on 06 Aug 2010, 01:08

dzdubs

I agree, this phone is the sh*t.  Also agree with the app killer being a must have, but app killer is a must with all android powered phones.  My friend has an htc android powered phone and the acclaim's battery lasted longer than the HTC with app killer, then I got app killer and the battery life blows his out of the water.  This phone also works great with my samsung un55c8000 LED TV, but that TV also kicks a*s; GO SAMSUNG keep it up!

jamie s
posted on 31 Jul 2010, 17:58

samsung acclaim awsome phone

i got this phone about 2 weeks ago  as with all things i review i use them for a while before writting something and all i can say is this phone rocks all the way around very presice touch screen and physical keyboard  browser is exellent apps are good when there free super if you have to pay there is not one con to this phone i recommend downloading advanced task killer and your battery will last all day i use the free version but there is paid version love it

Pros

• battery last all day under heavy use with advanced task killer on phone
  • tons of super great free apps
  • very clear almost looks like high def display
  • very presise touch sreen for my big fingers
  • slide out full physical keyboard
  • pretty much everything

David Rendon Jr
posted on 14 Jul 2010, 20:47

Very Awsom Phone

I just bought this phone and its the coolest phone on the market with apps no more than 1.69 which is cheap compared to other phones through other companies.  I give this phone a 10 because it's like a computer on the go so it u want a sleek phone with good features get this one.

Pros

• Everything is awsome on this phone

Cons

• No bad things to say