x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
Samsung ATIV S Discussions
  • Options
    Close

LTE

MunchausenByProxy 13 Oct 2012, 09:40 posted on

Curious that the specs do not list LTE antenna, especially since the processor is capable of LTE and that is the standard for today’s smartphones. I thought I have seen a couple descriptions of this phone that list it as having LTE, so perhaps when the phone is officially announced, we will see that included. It would also make sense since the Ativ S is basically the same phone as the Galaxy S III (which has LTE) but with the WP8 OS. Guess it will be a few more weeks until we know for sure.

posted on 15 Oct 2012, 06:15

1. the888pineapple888 (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Oct 2012)

I don't think carriers have been officially announced yet. I think once a carrier like Verizon or at&t that have lte is announced, the version of the ativ s they get will have lte......could be wrong though.

posted on 09 Jan 2013, 13:51

2. rennyavm (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)

Expansys-USA posts two versions of the Ativ S, the SGH-I8750 and the SGH-T899M. I understand that the T899M is the T-mobile version (though unlocked on expansys) which supports the 1700 HSPA band and 1700/2100 LTE (which would not necessarily be compatible with other networks than T-mobile).

I've found remarkably little about the T899M otherwise; phonearena doesn't list it except that it was the supposed model number for the Samsung Odyssey (Verizon), which is no longer the case.

As far as I can tell for international purposes the T899M is the way to go, or am I missing something?

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories