x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
BlackBerry Style 9670 Discussions
  • Options
    Close

evdo rev 0 = slower internet/data

000111 20 Aug 2010, 17:46 posted on

Dear Sprint- if all of your new non-4G phones are dumbed down to the outdated, slower evdo rev 0 (like the Samsung intercept), you will lose me, and many others, as a customer. Don't think we are too stupid not to notice.

posted on 25 Aug 2010, 22:17

2. WKlingbeil (Posts: 215; Member since: 26 Dec 2008)

Sprint doesn't manufacture the phones... This is clearly an evolution of the Pearl, and there is still yet to be a Rev. A (or 3G period) Pearl that I've seen. Therefore, this is most likely going to be another $49.99 Blackberry advertised to younger females (hence the Lotus-esque form-factor) that won't care whether it has Rev. 0 or Rev. A. I do agree with you on the Intercept, because why is the "Moment 2" a downgrade from the original Moment? The only improvement is the UI and size of it, so it really should be cheaper than the Moment in my opinion.

posted on 16 Oct 2010, 02:35

3. rennock (Posts: 2; Member since: 29 Aug 2010)

Bearing in mind that the Moment is having problems of it's own post-MR3, ANY 3G NETWORK CONNECTION is better than none. Currently, my Moment is sitting on the counter thinking it has a connection but every app that uses data is just sitting there doing nothing. You are right about the pricing, but I think not only young females will not care about the data speed, but any typical dumbphone customer who can't differentiate between different levels of "It doesn't work" to a sales rep.

posted on 20 Aug 2010, 20:30

1. Landmarkcm (Posts: 433; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)

hmm just noticed that but has wifi so I dont really care I do hope that makes it even more of a low cost though! Has everything else I want in my favorite clamshell form. Apps camera with flash! full qwerty

posted on 18 Oct 2010, 14:46

4. ibap (Posts: 699; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)

Description says rev A - was there an earlier typo that was corrected?

posted on 18 Oct 2010, 15:13

5. Landmarkcm (Posts: 433; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)

Yea will have CDMA Data 1xEV-DO rev.A

posted on 29 Oct 2010, 22:29

6. phoneduder (unregistered)

This phone is nothing but High end. The build quality is phenomenal, and it is super speedy. I recieved a seed device and haven't put the thing down since. To all you haters out there not everyone needs a 4 inch screen with a 1ghz processor. This phone is practical. It gets EVDO rev a. It is basically a bold with a flip and no sim card. Oh, the screen and keyboard are both bigger than the bold.

posted on 26 Feb 2011, 17:57

7. 000111 (Posts: 3; Member since: 20 Aug 2010)

Note this comment is NOT meant to be a cut on the style 9670... The style has evdo rev A, and is an excellent phone I might add. Take a look at one and you might be surprised how much you like it. Good build quality, reception, speed, and a great messaging phone.

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Buy Accessories

Latest stories