BlackBerry Bold 9000 User Reviews

Internet8.8/10
Call quality9.8/10
Battery8.8/10

dikajun
posted on 02 Feb 2012, 12:03 (Posts: 0; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)

NICE

dikajun has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This Phone is very smart . Its the best for chatting and texting and emailing. This battery is very sort time.. I'm telling you, this is the greatest phone you can get.Its supper fast with its processor, the screen is by far the best screen i have ever seen on a mobile decive. Keys are very easy and accurate to use. Design is very thin and not to heavy.

Pros

• Nice...

sacho_091689
posted on 01 May 2011, 09:36

Truly this PHone is BOLD!!!!

sacho_091689 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I've got this phone as a graduation gift from my mom... i want my mom's iphone4 but obviously she doesnt want to give it to me.. so this phone is the one that is given to me...

its pros are Good quality Screen HVGA 480x320, Stereo speakers with audio boost, good piano like qwerty keypad..nice call reception, and wide range of connectivities (wifi, gps, bluetooth, usb cable.).

its cons are mediocre camerapixels 2.0 but it can shoot great photos in daytime. , poor battery life eventhough it has 1500 mah li-poly batt, browser, and the trackball.

ive been using it as my present smartphone... its good... but im hoping for my mom's iphone4 in the future... Lols

Pros

• HD HVGA 480-320 pixels backlit screen
  • Piano-like qwerty keyboard
  • 624mhz processor
  • Sound quality
  • Call reception quality

• browser
  • size and weight

sacho_091689 alternatives:

Zeez
posted on 30 Jan 2011, 13:13

Not The best Nor the worst

Zeez has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This Phone is very smart . Its the best for chatting and texting and emailing. But not very good when it comes to applications , camera , and type of videos it can accept .
Its more convenient for business use more than luxury use or may i say for fun .
bottom line its moderate phone than you wont regret to buy it . but you'll think of buying a new phone after having it for a while .

Pros

• Chatting and sending emails .

saif
posted on 05 Nov 2010, 15:39

black berry bold 9000

saif has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

it is the best phone at all. 1. my brother has iphone 3gs i hate it if they give me 1000000$ i will not take it because i don't now how to use it but bb it is easy to use it if you go any house you will find bb. 2. iphone the internet it doesn't close alone but bb close after 5 minutes.
for me blackberry 9000 is the best.
thank you for reading my comment.

Pros

• every thing is good

Cons

• no thing

posted on 21 Jun 2010, 18:04

>:l

this phone i can say from the bottom of my heart that it SUCKSS!!!!! it is the worst phone i the world everyonr says blackberry are cool and smart but i disagree this phone is mentally confused i throw it down once and it completly froze . i had to take out the battery and put it back in for it to fuction again ! i spent $600 on a piece of crap plus thee data plan whick really sucks . also the ball on this phone stop moving and u have to really shove your finger in it !! DONT MAKE THE MISTAKE I MADE AND BUT THIS GODDAMN PHONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pros

• nothing nada zip zero

Cons

• everything anything you say this phones has a problem with !

john grisham
posted on 20 Sep 2009, 15:29

how to spell

the person who wrote the review above this one should really learn how to spell

Lizzi
posted on 04 Sep 2009, 15:45

Luv IT!!!

I really love my phone!!!  Granted you need the data plan, but it makes the Blackberry experience that much better!!!  I would recommend this to anyone that needs a PDA for work, or wants a better alternative to an IPhone!!!

Pros

• Sound quality, picture quality, applications

devin
posted on 04 Sep 2009, 10:11

i absolutley hate it

im only 14 and i hate this phone with a passion i mean its easy to txt on but it deleted my videos pics ringtones and it freezes up 4 like an hour and a half all the time and i treat it rlly good i havent dropped it once but i recomend no one to get this crappy phone the htc touch pro 2

AM33N
posted on 26 Jul 2009, 10:48

Great phone but requires a data plan !!!

I've had my blackberry bold for 2 months now and I'm quite satisfied with it. What annoys me most is that I need to have a data plan in order to use Google maps, MSN Live, Facebook . . . etc even the email requires a data plan. Other than that it is a great phone .

Pros

• -Impressive sound quality especially the headphones
  • -Screen
  • -Build quality

Cons

• -Data plan is a must
  • -Not enough games
  • -Contacts list not fully customizable
  • -Better suited for business people

matistight
posted on 20 Jul 2009, 18:50 (Posts: 191; Member since: 13 May 2009)

Lets just start this of with...
There is the Blackberry Storm of problems
The Blackberry Curve into your hands
The Blackberry Tour the World
And the Blackberry Pearl... I have nothing for that...its not expensive

Then there is the Blackberry Bold way to start high def screens.

Wonderful screen, phone, internet, movies, sound... just everything is wondeful. I would and did choose over using the 3GS. You will miss the touch screen and games. Blackberry has wonderful apps, not games though.

Bold-Everything but gaming.
iPhone-Just a toy. Nice when jailbroken.

• SCREEN HIGH DEF!
  • Works, unlike the Storm
  • Wonderful call quality
  • Surround speakers
  • Fast Email and internet

Cons

• Camera, but iPhone isnt better.
  • Screen size, if you watch movies.
  • Cant easily change tracball without opening it.
  • NOT FULLY HTML

joshwithachance
posted on 11 Jul 2009, 13:44

definitely a bold device!

i have never had a phone that i felt so comfortable with in my 5 years of having phones. i dont ever worry that the battery is going to die in the middle of the day or that im going to miss a call due to RF issues. i use my bold mainly for messaging and web browsing and it works perfectly for me. the battery is a champ and lasts 2 days with moderate usage and 1 day with heavy duty usage. it feels good in the hand AND looks good.

Pros

• speakers are LOUD!
  • screen is gorgeous.
  • great keyboard.
  • SUPERB BATTERY LIFE!
  • great email/IM/text/MMS device.

Cons

• camera should be A LOT better.

bbold2
posted on 30 Dec 2008, 11:08

this phone rocks

Well, I also had the iphone 3g and though it is an amazing device i chose this device. Why you may ask? because for one I love how blackberry's email works. I don't agree with what people say about the batter. If you are constantly on it i mean you can't expect a phone to last a week long w/ constant use, its like a car, no matter how good the gas mileage if you drive constantly how long is it gonna last you? The keyboard is awesome on this phone too it has a totally different feel than any other blackberry out there.. Its not stiff at all.. The internet is fast and the wi-fi is a really big plus.. I have to say this is my frist blackberry and its amazing.. I usually don't stick w/ phones too long just because a lot of stuff always comes out that is better, but believe me and trust when i say  this phone is ahead of its time, Its very stylish and very user friendly. I urge you to go test one out at a store, my  first reaction was i got a big grin haha.. Also this phone comes with a nice case so that will save you some money.. and the sound quality is great, also like others have said the screen is exceptional. its almost like watching an hd t.v. but like 1/10 the size haha..also the leather on the back is cool cause you can't scratch your phone.. go check one out..

Pros

• Stylish, email works fast as text, awesome speed.

Cons

• none that ive found really, except i can't find out how to d/l a theme i tried to get one and it woudln't let me d/l it haha

Dominique
posted on 05 Dec 2008, 19:56

NICE!

This phone is VERY nice. I'm very impressed! It's incredibly fast in any category! -texting, internet, applications, etc. One other huge pro is the amazing screen resolution. The only things that could be better on this phone are the battery life, the camera quality, and it could be a little skinnier.

RN12
posted on 05 Dec 2008, 19:43

Second to None

I too had the iPhone and do not have anything negative to say about it. However, the Bold takes the cake. I have been waiting for Blackberry to introduce this type of phone with all of the features and I must say the wait was well worth it. Awesome Screen Display, Email Options, Video, Camera, GPS, WIFI, need I say more. Battery life is not the greatest, however, it will do. You will not go wrong with this phone.

Pros

Cons

• Batter life is not the greatest..

pszima
posted on 05 Dec 2008, 19:41

Chose it over the iPhone

Upgrade time for my BB 8820 and I agonized over this and the iPhone. I've used my wife's and son's iPhone 3G for a few months and really like it but the Bold was my choice for my business for the following reasons.1. Prefer the tactile vs the virtual keyboard.2. The Bold comes with Data Viz's Documents to Go which allows me to save and edit MS Word, Excel & Power Point documents.3. The display and new user interface is stunning! Nothing you've ever seen in a BlackBerry product previously you must see it.4. Improved speakerphone calrity.5. AT&T Navagator with traffice info available with the Bold. Not offered with the iPhone (only the internal GPS Maps)Overall the iPhone is a great device, but the Bold had the business features I was looking for and more. This appears to be the best RIM product yet! Expensive but worth it!

marty19522
posted on 05 Dec 2008, 19:39

An excellent smartphone in all respects.

I have owned numerous smartphones including other Blackberrys, Treos, and most recently an IPhone. I jodge the Bold to be superior to any other device I have used. It combines the function of the Blackberry with the use of use of other smartphones. The keyboard is well engineered and very easy to use. The screen images ar sharp and have brilliant color. Controls are well placed.Of greatest important to me is the wireless access to email. It is fast. Web browing is also fast for both downloads and uploads.Overall, I can recommend this device especially to someone relying on its business functions.

Rooster
posted on 05 Dec 2008, 19:36

AWESOME!!!

If you look at my other reviews for the Samsung Propel and Fuze, you may think I'm finickey and insatiable. However, this phone is DA BOMB!!!! It was love at first sight and it just keeps getting better!It's fast, it's snappy, it's accurate, it's fun, it's loud if you want it to be, it's so intuitive it almost like there's a piece of brain in there!!! Any delay RIM took in bringing this to market was clearly well used to iron out any glitches.BRAGGING LIST:-Awesome display!!-Track ball is fabulous. Fast and accurate. Don't even thinkabout touch-screen - you won't miss it! Sensitivity is programmable to fit your taste.-FAST, FAST, FAST!!! No waiting for processing when you select an app.-Awesome external speaker. People often look for desktop speakers when they hear it and are surprised not to find any!-Awesome camera with good speed and auto-flash.-Standard headphone jack plugs right into my car stereo or any standard external speaker.-Easy to use media player with great sound quality.-Unbelievable custom notification options. It even knows whether or not it's in its holster!!!-Great package with leather case & clip, USB, and some very snazzy & secure fitting earbuds with mic and control button. No real need for bluetooth. It automatically pauses the MP3 player for incomming calls, and reverts back when the call is over - all through the headphone controller.-Downloadable mobi TV - just go to media home.-Two easy and programmable short cut buttons.-Can open Word, PPT,...

Pros

• EVERYTHING!

Boldish
posted on 05 Dec 2008, 19:35

This Phone is amazin, i've been a blackberry user for a while and i would defenetly confirm this is the best blackberry ever, the picture and sound quality of the phone is by far the best i've seen the battery life is great being the fact that the phone opperates on the 3G network... the phone is a lot faster, and flies through applications, the keyboards great, soft keys very easy to type on... i would say the camera is not the best out there, but overall i wouldn't change my BOLD for ANY other phone out there.

June
posted on 02 Dec 2008, 10:08

Bold is the Next Level

I've used every other blackberry device on both AT&T and Verizon, and without hesitation, the Bold is far and away the best Berry of them all. For those considering this phone, I've listed a few highlights in my experience:
1) Signal strength. The phone routinely gives signal strengths of -70db--something I've never experienced with any other phone/network combination. It locks and holds onto a 3g signal better than any other GSM device I've ever used.
2) Voice quality. The speaker and earpiece are loud and clear. Conversations with those with difficult to hear voices are remarkably easy with the Bold.
3) Screen. The sharpness and clarity of this screen simply has no equal anywhere.
4) Speed. The Bold is easily the most responsive Blackberry ever. Menus and choices are processed without delay.
5) Keyboard. If you use your smartphone to text or create email, a good keyboard is a must. The Bold's is among the best out  there.

Pros

• Ease of use
  • Voice Clarity/Reception
  • Featureset
  • Battery Life. Surprisingly, if you're careful with wifi, you'll easily get a day out of half a charge.

Cons

• Size--it would be nicer to have a smaller form factor
  • Price. At $300 on a contract, the Bold is pricey

WorldFamousSam
posted on 27 Nov 2008, 12:42

Nearly Perfect

This phone is utterly fantastic. My only quibbles with it are flaws in the design where a few details including size are bothersome. In terms of performance, this is an excellent device.

• 3G
  • Wi-Fi
  • GPS
  • Improved software
  • Sound quality
  • Reliability

Cons

• Easy to accidentally press left soft key
  • Size could be slightly smaller
  • Faux-leather back a turn-off to some

Gadget-a-holic
posted on 15 Nov 2008, 11:19

So Far, The Best!!

Yep, I love it. So far I am totally impressed. I love checking out the newest PDAs, and this is certainly the best yet. First, the SCREEN. Absolutely amazing. I'm always looking over my shoulder because it can be read from like a mile away! It's much bigger than it looks in the photos, and you can set the font as big as you want. Second, the KEYBOARD. Soft, bouncy, easy to use. Next best thing to an actual computer keyboard, I swear. I am partial to PDAs with onboard keyboards, and I'm really picky about them. I wouldn't buy the 8800 because I didn't like the keyboard, and the one on the Tilt drove me crazy. This one's the absolute best. Third, the SOUND QUALITY. I don't have a home phone, and the reception in my house sucks -- not anymore! When I'm on the phone, this sounds like a land line, and the people on the other end of the call say the sound is great. 3G reception is an improvement, at least where I live. Web browsing is greatly improved over the Curve, and YouTube can be viewed pretty well. I am finding the Web accessing and viewing to be fairly good and often can substitute the Bold for my laptop. It's a bigger PDA, so if you like the size of the Curve, you may want to wait for the Javelin. It is not terribly heavier, and it's still slim, but it IS bigger (which I happen to like - I found the Curve a bit delicate-looking). And then, of course, all the other great things about owning a BlackBerry. This is a great machine. All pros and cons of all PDAs I've checked out...

• Ease of use
  • Improved web browsing
  • Video

Cons

• It doesn't brush my teeth for me

thehype2049
posted on 11 Nov 2008, 14:54

Awesome Phone

I love this phone. Its supper fast with its processor, the screen is by far the best screen i have ever seen on a mobile decive. Keys are very easy and accurate to use. Design is very thin and not to heavy. Built solidy, were talking metal, leather and hard plastics. Wi-Fi works perfectly and very fast.

Pros

• Wi-Fi
  • Browser
  • Processor

konstantin
posted on 11 Nov 2008, 13:03

ONLY THE BEST

Ive been a ATT wireless rep for a long time and this is THE BEST device Ive yet touched and now OWN.... easy to navigate (if you've owned a BB device before) also have to mention the SEXIEST design, chrome rim, leather back-cover, GET it FOR YOUR next phone

Pros

• EVERYTHING

grrdante
posted on 10 Nov 2008, 02:31

Great

Before this phone I had the motorola q9h silver, and it is a great phone but when i got my hands on this... I just went crazy!!! Its processor is so blazin fast!!! One touch of the button and its almost instantaneous that you get what you want!!! So far to date this is the best phone that i have ever had, played with, or even seen from a distance... that includes the iPhone and the Storm...

P.S.
You should only review a phone if you have it :D

Pros

• HD screen,
  • 3G,
  • Spacious keyboard,
  • great browser,
  • and of course the blackberry quality organization

Cons

• camera doesn't perform well in a dark room or outside at night.... but hey... its a phone not a SLR :D

fantom557
posted on 28 Sep 2008, 11:56 (Posts: 2; Member since: 28 Sep 2008)

The Best For Now!

I have to say great job rim! The bold is the bb8800 on steroids the UI is the the same as previous BBs but now thay added a great screen with there great email function. I just came off the iphone 3G and i was very disapointed with apples new phone, i had the 2g for 1 year longer then any other phone in my life. The 3g was junk the quality was poor the phone reception was very bad. Living in NYC with AT&T was hard enough but the iphone made it worse. I wnt back to BB after throwing in the tawil i have to say it was a great move. the BB kills the iphone in every way excpet internet browsing. i can go one and one with an indepth review but i am sure you have herd it before. i am using the BB bold unlocked on AT&T it it works perfect no issues at all. my rating is 9.99. the missing .o1 is for the internet browsing.

Pros

• Email. Phone, BBM Ease of use.

Cons

• Internet browsing and apps.

Buy This Phone