Pantech Marauder User Reviews

Battery3.5/10
Reception4.5/10
Text input1.5/10

sourbean99
posted on 08 Jan 2014, 17:13 (Posts: 0; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)

I do not like this phone!

sourbean99 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I've had this phone for 1 year as of Oct of 2013...I liked it at first. I thought it was cool because it was my first smart phone. Now that I've had it for a while, I hate it all down to the way it looks. It's always freezing up, it has very little storage, you can't switch apps from your phone to your SD Card or vice versa, it freezes up all the time and I have to shut it off. No one can hear me while I'm on the phone with them. They say I sound "muffled". I'm not a picky person and if my phone just did what I wanted it to, I would be SO happy. In the beginning, I was very happy with it and now I'm just not happy with it at all. It WAS a good phone and now it's like it just went downhill and doesn't work like it should. There is a front facing camera but the pictures are terrible when I use it, the back camera is okay. I've never taken videos, but the quality is okay on the back camera so I assume the video is good. I do not like the keyboard and I had to BUY the swype app because the text input is really crappy on this phone. Overall, it's just all the little things that make a phone a good phone that this one doesn't have! It's not very customizable. It would be a good phone for someone who hasn't ever had a smartphone but once they figure out what all the other smartphones are capable of doing, they won't want the pantech marauder anymore!

Build quality 1/10 It's cheaply made, feels very sketchy
Reception 3/10 I usually have pretty good reception but sometimes it craps out
Call quality 1/10 The call quality is terrible no matter where I am! Either, they can't hear me or I can't hear them but I've never had a "Good" phone call with this phone even with excellent reception.
Internet 5/10 The internet isn't bad. It's gotten a little more sluggish but overall it's pretty fast if you're in 4G area.
Multimedia 1/10 The YouTube app always glitches out and buffers.
Camera 2/10 I gave it a 2 because the back camera is okay, the front camera on the other hand is very low quality!
UI speed 4/10 It takes a little bit to load an app when I pull it up but after that it's not too slow.
Everyday usage 4/10 For everyday use this phone isn't bad but it shouldn't be concidered a "Smart Phone" per se.
Text input 1/10 I hate the text input that comes on this phone. I downloaded swype because I couldn't handle it! It's so generic and plain and there's nothing cool about it. It's the same as every phone I've had before (Reminder: this IS my first smart phone!)
Display 2/10 The display is okay but can't compare to the new devices.
Battery 1/10 The battery doesn't last for very long unless you're not using the phone. If you have the battery saver setting on it lasts a little longer but that's VERY irritating because it tweaks my phone out!

Pros

• It's cheap
  • Has a "Beginner Mode"
  • Easy to use
  • App download speed is good (on 4G)

Cons

• Not very much memory on phone
  • Takes a while to load HD Videos and everything else
  • Can't switch apps from phone to SD Card or Vice Versa
  • Can't choose where to download individual apps (Phone or SD Card)
  • Call quality is not good
  • Very cheaply made

h4n1prime
posted on 22 Aug 2012, 11:42 (Posts: 0; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)

Really?.... A 7/10?

h4n1prime has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

We got this phone in hopes that Pantech might turn around there ways and produce a phone that isn't cheap and glitchy. They didn't. The phone has an overall cheap feel with its body being made of flimsy plastics. The keyboard is barely functional and it seems like they went for a throwback to the old Razr flip-phone keypad style. The processor is average/below average compared to other 4g Android devices. Overall another disappointment from Pantech. If you are looking for 4g in this price range I would suggest looking elsewhere.