Pantech Laser User Reviews

Battery5.4/10
Reception7.1/10
Display8.6/10

bradlovesphones
posted on 16 Nov 2011, 19:54 (Posts: 0; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)

First phone: AMAZING!!!! :)

bradlovesphones has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have not had very many problems with it. Except i took out the batery, put it back in and everything was dark and it was not the brightness level, but i took the batery back out and put it back in and it was all good:) I did not know what to expect for my very first cell phone but this is more than I expected! I don't have internet and i am trying to fgure out how to get oictures to facebook with the internet. GET THE PHONE!!!

Pros

Cons

• It does get hot when it is chargeing

MDjuhadi
posted on 25 Sep 2011, 17:50 (Posts: 0; Member since: 25 Sep 2011)

My First Phone

MDjuhadi has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The Pantech Laser is my first cell phone, so I did not know what really to expect. I was debating over this and the HTC Freestyle, but I read many articles that the HTC Freestyle crashes a lot, so I slowly inched my way to the Pantech. I was really impressed with how thin the device was. It is not iPod Touch thin, but it is really slim. The keyboard on the phone is really well back-lit and it is really responsive. My sister has a keyboard on her phone, but mine works a lot better (she has the LG Xenon). The display on the Laser is a brilliant AMOLED display. It is a resistive touchscreen, but I didn't have any problems with it. It is not a smartphone, but is more than functional for me. My only complain is the battery life lasts about a day with normal use, but I charge it at night so that is not really a problem for me. It has very little memory, so if you store a lot of pictures and messages, you might want to buy a MicroSD card for it. In conclusion, the Pantech Laser is a great starting phone and I reccomend it to anyone who wants a good messaging phone.

George M
posted on 28 Jul 2011, 16:57

It's an okay phone...

George M has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Got this phone back in November of 2010 and I'm on my 2nd one. The first one I had broke after only 3 months of having it. The screen just went for no reason. It has a good keyboard. The Facebook "App" really just a direct link stopped working. so so camera at 3 MP. Its a decent phone but I'm gonna be switching to a SGSII when it comes out so no more dumbphones for me going smartphone

Pros

• Nice display
  • Decent battery
  • decent internet access
  • slim like marketed
  • good messaging

Cons

• Resistive touchscreen
  • Breaks easyy
  • small
  • no apps or anything except the bloatware
  • has glitches like saying I have 6 conversations when I have no messages in my inbox

rytard
posted on 22 Jun 2011, 12:00

This Phone is Best Messaging Phone Yet

rytard has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I got this phone with a new AT&T contract and so far I love it. Yeah the resistive touch screen is a turn-off but it still works well. The only problem that I have encountered was a signal problem which was fixed with a new sim card, which obviously has nothing to do with the phone. The only thing I wish was better was the battery life, I use the phone regularly and I have to charge it every night. The 3.0MP camera is great for both video and pictures, in fact I have posted videos online using the cell phone camera and the audio turns out fairly clear too. The keyboard has a nice and crisp tactile feel with its buttons.

Pros

• High Resolution AMOLED Display
  • Full Querty Keyboard
  • Solidly Built

abc
posted on 22 Jun 2011, 09:24

house wife

abc has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

my son got the same a while ago, Over all, I love all features except the following two:
1. the precision of rolling the contacts doesn't do what you want.
2. the battery lift is too short doesn't perform as claimed 14 days for standby and 5 hours talking. It ends up I have charge the phone every night.

Pros

Cons

• it maybe very common. My son and I both have the same phone, and have to charge every night.

idontgiveacrap
posted on 20 Mar 2011, 17:52 (Posts: 0; Member since: 20 Mar 2011)

The Phone Is Decent

idontgiveacrap has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

The phone is better than many phones. You just have to get used to the keyboard. The camera is also decent. It's not the best phone in the world, but it gets the job done. It has BlueTooth. The games are pretty hard to play due to the resistive touch screen. The graphics are pretty good. I'm a teenager. The design is incredible. When you unlock the phone, you have to wait for a couple of second. It can be annoying at times. But, you'll get used to it.

Build quality 8/10 The design is really beautiful. It's the thinnest phone with a keyboard that ATT has to offer. It's has a great design.
Reception 7/10 When I'm at school, I lose my signal. But, anywhere else I go it's pretty good.
Call quality 7/10 Same problem as the reception.
Internet 10/10 I don't have internet currently. The internet look like it's very convenient though.
Multimedia 10/10 It supports MP4. I don't have to convert my videos to 3GP anymore using some random converting website.
Camera 9/10 The camera has a pretty decent quality. The only problem is that you have to use the tiny button on the screen to take the picture. If you want to take a self picture, it would be helpful to use the timer. You can choose to put it for 5 or 10 seconds.
UI speed 9/10 This feature again is decent. Not the best in the world. But, we can all deal with it. There is no reason to say anything bad about this. Actually, I don't even know what UI speed is. I'm guessing that it's the time it takes to open up an application. I'm not sure.
Everyday usage 10/10 You'll love this phone. Don't listen to what other people say. They just say that this phone is horrible because they're used to the really expensive good phones. This is a good phone. And you'll have fun with it.
Text input 10/10 It's ok. That's all I have to say.
Display 9/10 Not the best quality in the world. But it will allow you to see what you want. You picking up what I'm putting down? It's actually pretty good. I'm not going to lie to you guys. For those people who don't have a phone yet, this will be a very good phone to start with. My first phone was not that good compared to this phone.
Battery 7/10 I don't know why it loses a bar so quickly. It stays on 2 bars as if it had 3 bars. It might be a glitch on my phone because I charge it a lot. This is nothing to worry about. Maybe, it's just me.

Pros

• The phone is beautiful.
  • Very portable.
  • Good camera.
  • Nice graphics.
  • Supports mp4 video.
  • records video, unlike other crappy phones.
  • it's just fucking awesome.
  • For all the haters, go fuck yourself.
  • This is a good phone, bitches.

Cons

• Nothing
  • THis phone is perfect
  • Get it
  • There is nothing bad to say about this phone
  • Again, for all the haters, go fuck yourself, you dont need a gigantic phone to be a fucking man.
  • A phone is a phone.
  • MAking it bigger, doesn't make a differecne.
  • This is john higgleboog.
  • PEACE!

miss mallory
posted on 19 Mar 2011, 15:37

OMG!! go pantech!

miss mallory has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I'm switching from a Pantech Impact to the Pantech Laser as of last night and already, I'm in love!! The touch screen is phenomenal and the slideout keyboard makes texting extremely quick and simple. The battery life is a bubble buster though.. after a full night of charging and some use this morning, its on its last bar.. the last bar is somehow lasting me longer then the full battery..either way, Pantech makes amazing phones and the laser is just one of many. Kudos Pantech, keep it up!!p

Battery 6/10 I use my phone everyday almost all day and even after a full night of charging, my battery is on its last bar. The last bar does last

Pros

• very thin
  • nice display
  • great keyboard, easy to text.
  • touch screen isnt too sensitive.

Cons

• battery dies quickly depending on how much your on your phone.