Pantech Jest User Reviews

Internet5.2/10
Call quality8.8/10
Battery6.5/10

LiKWiDCAKE
posted on 27 Dec 2012, 10:47 (Posts: 1; Member since: 27 Dec 2012)

Not my best experience, but not bad.

LiKWiDCAKE has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I got this phone brand new from Verizon, and here I am a year and a half later, and it's been reduced to rubble. I'm not that hard on phones, so I have to assume that some of this is the phone's bad build quality. It was very cheap, and that made it worth the purchase, but there are some fatal flaws.

Build quality 3/10 The Jest feels very solid the first time you hold it. It fits well in your hand, and your fingers can reach all the buttons. The keyboard feels kind of loose though. As time went on, a nick appeared on the screen. I picked at it a little bit, and tons more came off. Now 2/3 of this protective covering is off my phone, and it looks like crap.
Reception 10/10 Generally a thing of beauty, with very few dropped calls. I often am able to send texts when others can't.
Call quality 8/10 Not going to impress anyone, but it's certainly decent.
Internet 4/10 The only experience I have with this is Backup Manager crashing every time it tries to update my contacts.
Multimedia 8/10 Easy to put songs from your computer onto it, which is great. Speakers are good, and there are many ways of sorting your songs. Great experience here, just wish it had a standard 3.5 jack instead of a stupid 2.5 one.
Camera 7/10 It was once pristine, but has somehow deterriorated in quality.
UI speed 8/10 Sometimes lags a bit, but never much.
Everyday usage 4/10 Fatal flaw!! You can't turn it off! It doesn't turn back on without someone calling you, otherwise it gets stuck at the intro screen! Simply unacceptable. And this isn't just my phone. I thought it was a defect and sent it back - the next one did the same thing! I also have a love/hate relationship with the swipe pad. It usually works great, but sometimes it will swipe sideways when you swipe up and down, getting you out of a conversation you were reading.
Text input 10/10 Phenomenal. Everything's there, and the keyboard is the perfect size. My favorite thing about the phone by far.
Display 10/10 Very bright and rather large. It says on here that it has low pixel density, but I've never noticed that (and I own a retina-display iPod touch :P) They antialias everything so it looks smooth.
Battery 7/10 The battery was once amazing - multiple days on one charge. Now it's been reduced (within one week??) to a half-day charge after being plugged in all night. BUMMER! But I gave it a 7 because it was so good in the beginning.

Pros

• Phenomenal typing experience.
  • Great media player (but no 3.5 jack).
  • No required data.
  • Very affordable.
  • Great reception.
  • Beautiful and big display.

Cons

• Can't turn the phone off and expect it to come back on.
  • Inferior plastic film quality over the screen tends to chip off.
  • Battery is dying a year and a half in.
  • Backup manager somehow doesn't work - had to type in all my contacts by hand on my next phone.

AnimePunk23
posted on 16 Nov 2012, 14:56 (Posts: 0; Member since: 16 Nov 2012)

Great!

AnimePunk23 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

A really great basic phone, never had any problems with its system. At first i hated keyboards but this phone makes you want to have more full keyboard phones. Plus I have always loved slide out phones. Recommend it.

Internet 1/10 This phone doens't have internet

brekee15
posted on 09 Jul 2012, 13:11 (Posts: 0; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)

brekee15 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

This phone is simple to use. it's perfect for teenagers, you don't have to charge it very often, you can take pictures and record videos. you can also put music onto it, which is a feature i LOVE. overall, it's been a very good phone and i haven't had any problems with it. i drop it all the time and it has a couple scratches but it still works perfectly. (i rated the internet low because i never use it)

Pros

• great design
  • long lasting battery
  • love the QWERTY keyboard
  • love listening to music on it

Cons

• the camera could be bettter

Peace out!
posted on 27 Jul 2011, 11:19

Pantech Jest

Peace out! has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I really like this phone! Especially how the scroll works! Instead of press, you touch like a blackberry! It's an awesome phone! I text a lot and talk on the phone but the battery never dies! If your looking for a phone for a teenager, I defiantly recommend the pantech jest!!!

Build quality 9/10 The screen chips easily

Pros

• Awesome reception
  • Good battery life
  • Big screen
  • Good call quality

Cons

• Bad camera

Peace out! alternatives:

chibi.tiffa
posted on 21 Jul 2011, 14:30 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Jul 2011)

Do not use this phone

chibi.tiffa has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I had that phone for about two days when I found that there were issues. First, the directional pad has a mind of its own. It may take up to five swipes to get the phone to do what you want it to. Then the paint and protective coverings started to chip off. A button fell off of the keyboard and I had to use glue to replace it so I could text again. I lost texts all the time in a city of all places. I had to stand next to a wall to get a text or send one. My call quality was horrible.

Bottom line, don't get it. True, it's a free phone from Verizon, but it's definitely not even worth being free.

Internet 5/10 N/A

JosephLara
posted on 10 Jul 2011, 11:57 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 Jul 2011)

i like the jest.

JosephLara has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

i personaly love the pantech jest one of my best friends has it and they love i8t. ill mess around with it once in a while. and it seems great! i love the scroller because its like a blackberry. and what other phone has that????????? my friends had it for less than a year and their upgrade is in August soooooo their going to get the pantech crux. i reccomend this phone for many social teens and i love pantech.

gingin
posted on 18 May 2011, 11:58

Pantech Jest

gingin has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Bad battery, already had Verizon send me a new one, first one had to be charged 3 times in 6 days. I am not a high user, maybe 2 texts per day and call only a few a week. New battey is now on day 7 and has only 1 bar of charge left. FAR less than the 380 hours stated.

Text input 6/10 The shift key to use the numbers is almost impossible to shut back off, keep pressing over and over to be able to get back to letters. Will show that is is letters but when I try to key something, it is numbers again.

Rach
posted on 21 Feb 2011, 19:49

Love this phone:D

Rach has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I got this phone for Christmas and it's such a good phone compared to my last 2 phones (LG EnV and LG Chocolate 2). Easy to text on and stuff like that. I don't really like the OK button but you get used to it. Good music player. It takes pretty decent pictures for a cellphone, but there's no flash. D: The screen is good and very clear, but you should try to get a cover for it because it scratches very easy. The ringtones are very load and the vibrate is decent. The headphone jack sucks, you'll have to get headphones just to fit the phone. The set up is very simple and it's not hard to use at all. It gets really good reception, especially because I live in the middle of the woods. The speakerphone is very loud. The internet is kinda slow but it's okay. Could be better. The video is decent quality, not the best but not the worst, either. The call quality is amazing. You can have a texting signature that goes up to 32 charecters. The battery life could be better but if you charge it all night you can use it all day the next day so it works for me. I like the way it feels in my hand and it's small enough to fit in my pocket without creating a huge bulge. The phone is way faster if you don't have alot of messages/pictures/songs. You can change the messaging menu so that the messages are either arranged by contacts or sent and received. The phone has two buttons on the front that are touchscreen and they're very responsive, although they are not lit up.

Pros

• Music player is great.
  • Reception.
  • Camera is decent.
  • Very vivid screen.
  • The keyboard.
  • Call quality.

Cons

• Scratches easily.
  • Internet is okay.
  • Battery life could be better.

Joe
posted on 08 Jan 2011, 12:25

Good phone

Joe has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I love the Pantech Jest! It has a huge screen and I also like the key pad that slides out from the bottom of phone. This makes texting a breeze! This phone also has GREAT Reception, which is hard to find these days!! I think it is easy to use and I love not having to have to pay for any data charges. If I want to go on-line I can just pay as I use it. I was a little worried that this phone would be too small for me because I am 6.2 feet tall, but surprisingly it is not because of the key pad that slides out. A really good phone!

Pros

• Screen, reception, text key pad

Cons

• scroll button,

b_aileen_us
posted on 30 Dec 2010, 07:37 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)

Pantech Jest- No Battery Life - Always on charge

b_aileen_us has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Phone is nice in appearance and functions seem great, however battery life does not last long, I am not a teenager, so I do not text all day or talk all day, but I feel like I am stuck to a landline that is attached to the wall because it does not hold a charge at all.

Pros

• Great Design

Cons

• short battery life

JENNA
posted on 18 Aug 2010, 19:34

PaNtEcH jEsT ♥♥

I got this phone a while ago and i still love it!!!! ♥♥♥ What i really like about this phone is it has great features also i really enjoy the directional button how you have to slide it instead of pressin a button. What i think that could be better for this phone is battery life!! When i go to sleep i plug it in and when i wake up it is fully charged. But if i use it alot aka texting or calling a ton the battery loses life, but that only happends once in a while. Because sometimes i text a bunch but some days i dont so it dependz. In the end this phone is the BEST in de WORLD!!!!! :):D:}:-))))

Pros

• Directional button;)
  • features;)
  • style :)
  • design;)

Cons

• battery life :P

Dana
posted on 15 Jul 2010, 17:34

pantech jest

got this phone for my daughter. it is hard to get used to the scroll and has a horrible battery. it is loud and good sound quality. love the make of it and the keyboard is nice but it is always going dead on her and it is new!If it weren't for the battery problem I would probably buy it again but with the battery life so low it isn't a good choice for us.

Pros

• sound quality, keyboard, lots of neat features

Cons

• battery goes dead quickly, hard to use scroll feature.