Pantech Duo User Reviews

Everyday usage1.3/10
UI speed1.7/10

jesshatespantechphones
posted on 12 Apr 2011, 14:06

pantech impact phones suck!

jesshatespantechphones has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

it sucked from day one...don't buy it i had nothing but problems and the company will find a way to not help you replace your crappy phone....and at&t won't stand behind this product when it has it's problems....it doesn't read sim cards corectly if the battery completely dies....it messes up words in your texting

Build quality 1/10 chips easy
Everyday usage 1/10 can't text more than a couple lines then it messes up
Display 1/10 boring and couldn't even accept certain pics as backrounds
Battery 1/10 if it dies completly it won't read your sim card

Pros

Cons

• everything sucked about this phone

kala
posted on 14 Dec 2010, 20:41

grr...

kala has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

ive had this phone for 16 days i hater it hate hate hate it. it is a crappy phione. to thick very small. internet sucks. doesnt send mms i hate it. wont let me call. these are just a few things wrong with it the only thing i like is that its chrome... worst smart phone ever!!

KevinFromMiami
posted on 09 Nov 2010, 17:31

To the people giving good reviews. You're retarded.

KevinFromMiami has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Ima be 100% real with you. This phone isnt HORRIBLE, but its bad. The camera takes pictures, and some look alright (if you have good lighting) but most of the time theyre not that clear, and just are bad pics. The battery is the worst. For real. I charge it EVERY night. Sometimes 3 times a day. When I wake up in the morning, I take my phone off the charger, go to school, and by the time Im back it has like 5% battery. And I dont even use it at all in school. The phone itself feels cheap, but is kind of strong. Except for the charger port. The phone is very thick, and if youre wearing jeans or kind of skinny jeans, they pop out and annoy you. The transition between portrait mode and landscape mode is like 3 whole seconds. Which gets very annoying when you're in a hurry to text someone or something. The phone is very slow, so youll have to wait a little bit to do stuff. You need internet connection to send/receive pics or videos. The phone has no wifi. The phone menus and pop ups (like when it tells you its going to shut down because of your battery) just look cheap. Like someone programmed them real quick. So, basically, do not get this phone. Trust me, Youll hate it after a month. Dont pay attention to those reviews saying "its so good," they must have never owned a phone before so they think anythings good.

Pros

• Nothing really.

me
posted on 03 Apr 2010, 19:44

eh... its okay...

I loved this phone at first but then i started to hate it very very quickly. battery life is pretty good... but it freezes constantly and it takes forever for the screen to switch! i have dropped it like a hundred times and nothing has happened to it so thats good. its very very easy to text on this phone. calls are good. i like how it can hold a lot of messages in the inbox. i ABSOLUTELY HATE how when you try to start the camera it says insufficient RAM space, please close one or more programs. its so frustrating. there are good and bad things about this phone... but mostly i would recommend for you to buy a different one.

Pros

• keyboard, texting is fast, calls are good, lots of memory, durable

Cons

• freezes, screen takes a long time to switch, not thin at all, camera

posted on 10 Mar 2010, 01:06

This is a special phone :]

I got this phone probably four years ago and it's still in action! I've dropped it on the concrete a few times and it's been splashed with water, but besides a slightly scratched screen this phone has proven very durable! The two keyboards are amazing, the QWERTY keyboard has buttons that are big enough to be comfortable and technically the phone is laid out really well. Calls generally sound good, it has nice features.Great phone for texting and calling. Technically a smart phone, so it has Microsoft programs on it but I never use them. Has internet access and 3G capabilities as well as music but I don't use it for that either. I've heard all sorts of things about the battery life, but it's absolutely incredible for me. I can go days without charging it, using it for texting and calls all the way. However... Sometimes it definitely frustrates me. I have to keep in mind that it's getting old, but it freezes sometimes--it's worst when I try to open a multimedia message. Almost always it will stick on the "loading" symbol and I have to take out the battery and put it back in to make the thing start again. The camera is terrible. It doesn't take pictures very well, but the biggest qualm I have with it is that it nearly always gives me an error message when I try to use the camera saying something like, "Insufficient RAM space. Please close one or more programs." I don't use many programs, so wtf is that supposed to mean? Like I said, it's a great texting...

Pros

• durability, battery life, keyboards, contacts, texting, calling, easy to use

Cons

• horrific camera, occasional freezing, vibrate

Alice
posted on 25 Feb 2010, 20:56

Why such bad reviews?

I got this phone in 7th grade, and it lasted over two years before it had it's "fatal fall" on cement. I had the option to replace it or get a new one, and I still prefer this one to any other models I saw in the AT &T store.But yeah, I love this phone! It is nice and round and fits in my jeans pocket well. It had a soso battery life. I love all the buttons - I can make a call with the numeric keyboard, and text my friends with the qwerty one, and keep it closed when I am just playing with it. PROS:x keyboardsx sizex easy to make callsx easy to textx faster then average at web-browsingx very sturdyx has never scratched (even w/o a case)x long-lasting (26 months for me, and I dropped it really stupidly)CONS:x picture quality isn't good if there is not optimum lightingx takes 3-5 seconds to switch to sidewaysx im takes about a minute to load (but is fast after you sign in)x freezes sometimes  - maybe once a week, i'll have to leave it alone for 10 minutes to calm downIf you're a parent getting this for your kid, or the kid who wants it, get it. I get compliments on it a lot, a lot of time because it is unique. Everyone always asks me if I got a new phone. The pros outweigh the cons. And...it's just really fun to play with with lots of random features (calender, tasks, voice notes, a rediculously detailed contact fill-in....).Get it!

Pros

• keyboards, easy-to-use, many features, sturdy, lasts a long time

Cons

• freezes occasionally, average photo quality, delayed

Lare
posted on 19 Nov 2009, 18:06

THIS PHONE SUCKSSS

THIS IS THE WORST PHONE EVERRR!! It freezes ALL THE TIME!! It's hard to dial simple numbers. Texting takes forever!!
DONT buy this phone. I think this has to be the worst phone i have ever bought. I am thinking about switching to another phone. I want to throw this phone out the window it makes me so mad!

CAIT
posted on 12 Nov 2009, 10:39

AWFUL

do not ever buy this phone!  it is by far the worst phone i have ever had.  ive had to replace it 3x.   it freezes all of the time.  at random i cant make phone calls or send text messages.  it will completely refuse to place phone calls or send text messages in areas of perfect reception.  it is verrrry slow and is getting slower.  recently the keyboard has stopped lighting up or the screen will simply go black and the phone itself appears to be completely shut off and then  a few minutes later it will appear "normal" again.  the battery life deteriorates quickly which is a real pain.  if you're smart you will not buy this phone. do not ever consider it.  terrible.

Tina
posted on 08 Jul 2009, 16:29

Terrible.

At first, this phone was alright. Once I got it out of the package, the battery was about to die. Not the greatest first impression. About a week later, my mom texts me and ask me why I haven't answered her calls. I tell her I didnt see my phone go off, and I didnt see any missed calls. So we then test it out and as she calls, my phone does not ring. I took out the battery, and it worked fine. This phone is pretty durable because I drop it daily and it's perfectly fine. But, one day I was at the pool and I left it out in the sun and when i slid it up to use it, the screen went dark. Ever since then it would do that, and if i left it open that way to long, the phone would just black out. So I had to use the full QWERTY keyboard to text and make calls. About a week ago, my friend dropped it on concrete and the phone went crazy and just blacked out. It now doesnt work. I can still make calls and text..but I can't see anything so theres no point. This phone is terrible and bipolar. Do not get it. And if you text a lot..then the phone will randomly start getting slow and refuse to send your text messages. So you are forced to restart it. I hate hate hate hate this phone. DO NOT GET IT.

Pros

• -QWERTY Keyboard
  • -Lots of memory
  • -Good battery

Cons

• -Cannot set ringtones for texts.
  • -Takes forever for the screen to switch around.
  • -Randomly hangs up during calls

Juan Jose Hernandez
posted on 06 Jul 2009, 16:59

ITS OKAY

Had this phone for 9 months havent been disappointed but they could of made it better

Pros

• texting

Cons

• EVERYTHING ELSE especially because it should of been a touch phone

Kyu~
posted on 25 Jun 2009, 18:14

Not sure what everyone else's problem is...

I've had this phone for a few months now -- Not really sure how long exactly -- and I've yet to experience any of the issues other people have spoken of.  It's a Windows based phone and that in itself speaks volumes.  Windows is pretty easy to program for so there's plenty of freeware floating around for it.  Such as this really nice truely full featured browser Skyfire.  Yet at the same time it's prone to other Windows issues such as clutter in your memory and degrading performence.  There is one issue I have been experiencing lately, and that is my battery being depleted faster then it used to, and I bought a replacement battery with the same results.

Pros

• Lots of freeware apps available if you know where to look
  • Windows Mobile

Cons

• Windows Mobile

StephW
posted on 23 Jun 2009, 21:47

Cute... but useless

The Pantech Duo appears to be everything you would love in a phone. It looks great and it has a lot of features. For the first week, you will love this phone. This phone has been nothing but trouble since then. It messed up randomly and would freeze. The camera worked for about the first month, but then wouldn't open again. This phone is absolutely worthless. The speaker blew out. My screen is now completely black. I can't see or send any texts... or anything else for that matter. They really should do more testing on these phones before sending them out to consumers.

• Appearance

Cons

• EVERYTHING ELSE.

Grantonio
posted on 07 Apr 2009, 16:25 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 Apr 2009)

WORTHY!

o so iv had this phone for about 4 months now and at first i was in love with the phone and around the end of the second month this girl hated got a better phone than me (enV 2) and then i hated my phone cuz she said it as ugly and just mean stuff then i discovered that the enV 2 had alot of problomes and that the front buttons stoped working and and then that happened to her enV and then i realized that i had a good phone and i have had only 1 problume with my Duo and that is that when you are txting someone for a really long time ( around three hours or so) it startes to take a while to get to me.  i also love that it slids 2 ways.  and i wouldnt call my self a heavy txter but i do txt alot. and just to let you know most people who write reveiws probubly just got the phone and then they realize that its a crappy phone. so make sure yu read carefully cuz the persone who wrote the reveiw might have just got the phone and they might have writen a reveiw saying how awsome the phone is and then it turns out to be really crappy.

Pros

• slides 2 ways
  • has everything a smart phone should have except WiFi but idk what that is lmao
  • you can personalize your Duo
  • has many home screen options meaning you can decide how you want your home screen to look
  • home button so you dont have to click back over and over and over again
  • world clock
  • personal organizer
  • has a lock on it so no one can get into your phone and look at your stuff without you knowing
  • best smart phone that isnt a Blackberry

Cons

• if your txting for about three hours mabey more it takes a while for txt to get to you

posted on 19 Feb 2009, 23:52

do not get

camera usualy doesnt come on. after about a month it goes very very very VERY slow and eventualy after a few months it stiops working completley for me the screen turns on but just stays gray and nothing works not even turning it off.

Pros

• keyboard

Cons

• everything but the keyboard!

posted on 12 Feb 2009, 12:46

Lucky if it lasts a year

My husband and I have both had this phone for almost 11 months now. After the first 6 months, we started having keyboard problems. RIght now, the space bar, and a few other keys, are so bad that when we type a text, we have to scroll all the way through it and force press the keys to add spaces and fix words. It's annoying. Other than that annoyance on both of our phones, his phone is lagging horribly ever since 8 months. It'll shut down unexpectedly, sometimes he can't even shut it down or get it to do anything, in which we have to take the battery out and reinsert it, and his battery life is very very horrible, lasting barely a full 24 hours... when he didn't even use it much during the day and had it turned off for work. And we're stuck with them for another 13 months because they supposedly couldn't come with insurance, so we were told. Crappy phone, go for something else. Definitely not worth how much it's listed for.

Cherie Johnson
posted on 11 Feb 2009, 13:31

not a good phone

I went through 4 of these phones.  The first one was an accident when it fell into a cup of coffee.  The next three stopped working.  Either the camera or the darned thing just did not work.  I finally told AT&T that I wanted a whole other phone all together.
I now own a Blackjack 2 and am very happy with it.

posted on 26 Jan 2009, 21:57

2.3

worst phone I have ever had.......drops almost every call......dont even get me started on texting....this phone..SUCKS!!!!!!!!

Pros

• none....

Cons

• just about everything

Pissed about Pantech
posted on 14 Jan 2009, 17:33

HATE THE PANTECH DUO!

i got this phone when it first came out, so i didnt have anyone to warn me about it. I HATE MY PHONE! i cant get a new one either, but my phone wont let me make calls. i can send texts, recieve texts, and even recieve calls, but no sending calls. it could have been because i dropped it, but wouldnt dropping it make tht happen to everything?? ugh. hate this phone.

Pros

• absolutely positively nothing. but its my only phone. :( it has my contactsand pics and ringtones!! ughhhhhh.

Cons

• everything.

holly
posted on 04 Jan 2009, 07:22

Dont waste your money on this phone!

This phone sucks and so does the service!  I had this phone for exactly 31 days and it died.  The screen went blank and it would not turn on or charge.  When I went to have it replaced they told me I could only have it replaced up to 30 days.  IT WAS DAY 31!!!  My service provider told me that Pantech had a one year manufactuer's warranty, which I went to their website and found and printed off.  HOWEVER when I called Pantech, I got a call center in India and they told me that they do not have a one year warranty---even though I was looking right at their webpage that said they did.  He said he did not have a manager for me to talk to.  Bottom line...I'm now stuck with a broken phone that I havent been able to use for the past 3 weeks while I try to straighten this out and in the meantime I'm still paying the monthly bill on a phone I cant use.  After reading similar bad reviews on this phone, Im not sure that I want a replacement Pantech duo.  It sounds like I'd just end up with more of the same problems!

Pros

• lots of features

Cons

• wont last long!
  • no customer support
  • does not back the one year mfg warranty

Candace
posted on 18 Dec 2008, 18:27

2.7

UNWORTHY

I absolutely adored this phone when i first got it. After about three months, I had to get a new one because the screen went completely blank. Now, three more months later, my second phone freezes all the time, especially after deleting messages. Today, it won't receive or send calls or text messages, or even get past the main screen. I would not recommend this phone to anyone. Other people I know who have this phone also hate it. It is not worth the amount of money I paid for it. I could have gotten a better phone for cheaper. DO NOT GET THIS PHONE!

Pros

• quick for texting, dual slider

Cons

• slow, too much on it, sound quality during calls is HORRIBLE, sound quality of ringer is terrible, frequently freezes up, poor service, camera often does not work, etc.

lizze
posted on 13 Dec 2008, 20:30

this phone sucks

ok this phone is not good at all dont wast the money it is so bad today my screen went black and i cant see anything i got this phone like 4 mouthns ago it was ok till it started to acy weird and i was like what ever then i didnt get calls anymore i could not here anything and it sucks dont get this phone it blows!!!!!!!!!

Pros

• nothing

sid.
posted on 28 Nov 2008, 18:34

BADDDDDDD !

I saw this phone on the internet i really wanted it bcuz it seemed awesome &everything . buht it takes forever to go the other screen direction . & sometimes it send's blank messages i get messages a day late. i dropped it buht nothing happenedd, the next time i did the screen was blue / red/ green/ or purple. it also started turned on & off at random. it's also bulky. & has wayyyyyyyy to many features.

Pros

• read the review.

Cons

• read the review.

Kayley
posted on 27 Nov 2008, 13:56

WAIST OF MONEY!

This phone is a waist. I have it and my first ome broke so i got another. The one i have now some of the letters on the key pad don't work. Its also super slow! Don't buy it.

Pros

• It looks cool.

Cons

• It isn't. A peice of junk.

posted on 24 Nov 2008, 01:27

pantech duo review

this phone sucks..definately not worth the money. I had this phone for 7 days, the first time i dropped it the screen broke. I got another one and i still hate it. The keyboard is horrible to text on, the buttons are too flat, it takes to long to change screen directions, phone freezes after deleting messages, takes too many buttons to push to get to what you want. My phone hangs up on people when I'm pushing the accept call button, doesn't fit comfortably in a pocket, randomly calls people without me knowing. I've had wayyy better phones than this one that were cheaper.

Rachelle
posted on 16 Nov 2008, 18:16

This phone sucks.

I got this phone for my Birthday back in august and i was so siked, my dad worked SO HARD to get it for me. I feel horrible now because the phone completly sucks. it doesnt always tell you when you don't have service, it freezes up the camrea takes forever to load and then half the time it says insignifigent ram space and to close something and no its not that i have to much on it, it's been like that since day one, And lately it's been taking 4 or 5 times to send a text. This phone just sucks i can't wait to get a new one for christmas I don't recomend this phone at all!

Pros

• Its a cool design

Cons

• its way to slow.