x PhoneArena is looking for new authors in New York! To view all available positions, click here.
Pantech Crux Discussions
  • Options
    Close

Should I?

Boy Scout Man (unregistered) 21 Nov 2010, 10:59 posted on

Ok, so I'm elidgeable for an upgrade in 2 weeks, and I'm looking at this phone. I'd really like something that's cool, but also can do texting relatively simply, as well as send pics and videos. I need it to be sturdy enough to survive weekend camping trips and such, is this the phone for me?

posted on 24 Nov 2010, 23:58

1. GuardGirl26 (unregistered)

i'm in the same boat actually... and i used to have the LG Dare.. from what i'm seeing on all the reviews this phone seems to be pretty sturdy.. however, you may expierence some texting problems because apparently you cannot calorbrate the touch screen.. but that may be fixed with future updates seeing as it is a newer phone.. some of the kinks just need to be worked out.. and it seems to be, for the most part, easy to use.. check out the ratings and other comments from users.. they may help you decide if the phone is right for you... i dont know if it would survive... say.. water damage? and of course with a touch screen, if the screen cracks, your done.. that's why i'm in this boat... i really liked the dare and this one seems to be rather similar. and plus :) no data plan:) which is always a plus if you ask me :)

posted on 26 Nov 2010, 19:40

2. Boy Scout Man (unregistered)

Ironicly, I've had an ancint LG VX8300 for the past 1.5 years because of water damage to my EnV2, so i don't think i'll be testing that idea again... :) It sounds like it'll be ok from what you said, i don't think you can callibrate the touch screen on the ipod touch, and i've never had a problem with them, so i guess i'll give this one a try, what's it gonna hurt, and there are always software updates.

posted on 10 Jan 2011, 16:42

3. DNice (unregistered)

I got one at Wal Mart and their is an insurance option that will cover any damages including water. Can't remember exactly, but I think it is either 5.99 or 6.99 a month.
The back and sides of the phone has this rubber coating. Should stand up to some punishment. I like it so far.

posted on 08 Feb 2011, 09:27

4. donotget (unregistered)

I would advise against getting the Crux. I have had mine since early November. If you text a lot, you won't like it. The T9 is AWFUL, it really shouldn't be considered T9. It doesn't spell out the words correctly. Granted there is a drop down box for you to choose the correct spelling but it takes forever to scroll through the drop down choices for each individual word. T9 spells the word "get" as het or gdt. If you use the keyboard style to text, the letters are very small and close together, the touchpad doesn't respond very well.

The menus even have mis-spelled words all over it. The months of the year are even spelled wrong in the calendar. That doesn't affect use of the phone but come on, what a cheaply made product if it can't even spell the months correctly.

The WORST ever thing about this phone, DOUBLE TEXTS. If you do choose to get this phone make sure you have unlimited texting. It worked fine at first but after about 30 days every single message incoming message arrives twice. The Verizon network is not the cause of the doubles. It is Pantech's software.

The only good upside is great battery times, only if you turn your backlight brightness down to one/low instead of the highest level/5. At one the display is still easily viewable even with the black display theme. I sometimes only have to recharge once a week.

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories