Palm Treo 800w User Reviews

RealRell
posted on 13 Mar 2009, 09:09

Feat work very well internet is very fast GPS love it and the phone is built very well no matter how many times you drop it it will rarely chip or even scratch but way too many problems I've had since Aug and everyone had a problem from voicemail icon staying on even though I had no voicemail to phone calls displaying connected but call never actually connnects even had one that this crazy screen dark grey screen with lines would just pop up randomly even when I turned the display off Im hoping the PRO is better Im gonna exchange mine for it the day it drops I know everyone is waiting for the pre but its gonna have way more problems just because of the fact its a new OS i worked for at&t when the iphone 1st came out we had a million returns and the people who kept it ended up jumping off building when the price dropped and then worst the 3g version came out

Pros

• internet speed
  • is built like a tank
  • keyboard

Cons

• no 3.5 jack
  • WAY TOO MANY BUGS

Rick
posted on 01 Jan 2009, 01:39

I like it!

I am a phone junkie. I've had muliple smartphones and feature phones and I have to say, this one is very nice. Small in size yet very funtional. I love sprint service. Where I live most people are with the competition. With that said I just laugh when they have no signal and ask to use my phone. The GPS feature of this Treo is outstanding. The WIFI is a welcome addition. The keyboard could be a little bigger but with a little practice this one works just fine. With the addition of SPB Mobile Shell and Phone suite the Treo is unbeatable. I recommend this phone to anyone looking for a fully funtional PDA/Phone that doesn't want to shell out the big bucks for a Touch Pro. I've had a Motorola Q (enough said on that!), an HTC Touch which was a very nice phone and now this Treo. I will eventually move on to a Touch Pro when pricing is more reasonable (like I said, I'm a phone junkie. I don't buy new phones cause I need them, I buy them cause I want them. Its a horrible sickness! LOL!) but I'm in no hurry. My Treo will keep me happy for a while. Good job Palm.

Pros

• Great form factor, Blazing fast when working throughout windows, Brilliant and clear screen

Cons

• Battery sucks plain and simple, Picture text is missing

Alex Ottaviano
posted on 31 Oct 2008, 19:56

Cowboy

Best phone on sprint. I really like it better than any of their currently available pdas. Ease of use is outstanding. Never found a phone this great and easy to use with one hand. Best phone pda combo. i use it as a modem for my laptop. I previously had the touch diamond and i get no signal in my house. with the treo 800W i get 2 to three bars. wow. Anyone looking to buy a pda get this phone. you wiil be amazes at its capabilities. Fits nice in hand and pocket.

Pros

• Fast EVDO REVA Data, ease of use with one hand, great signal strength

Cons

• Battery life. extended battery should be available soon.

Sovos
posted on 16 Oct 2008, 14:48

so-so

if you turn off all of the bells and whistles (features like blue tooth and wi-fi) the battery will actually last most of the day...so much for the bells and whistles.
contact information screen isn't great.  can't forward a contact or v card by email.  can't take a picture and attach it to a text message.  can't toggle between gps screen and other features - (so don't get lost and call for help at the same time.)
it has the required infra-red port essential to realtors who need this to unlock key boxes.
has fairly good signal strengh and the compact size is an improvement over the 700.

Mario
posted on 18 Aug 2008, 15:10

3.4

Not Sprints Best Phone Ever

This phone is really bad. I cant believe the battery is so bad it doesnt even matter what the phone "can" do....you wont be doing anything with a dead battery!!! Also, if its your favorite phone or the best phone YOU'VE ever had from Sprint, then just say so. Dont say this is the best Sprint phone ever, especially over this thing, you're just making yourself look foolish.

Bad quality and bad battery makes this a bad buiy. Buyer beware!

Keith
posted on 07 Aug 2008, 23:05

Great phone!

I had to replace my old Samsung M500 after an unfortunate run-in with some iced tea. I researched several phones available from Sprint, including the Instinct and the HTC Touch. I headed off to the local Sprint store, fairly certain I would get the Touch. I had decided to replace my phone and my HP iPaq with one device and was looking at the Windows Mobile smartphones and discussing the different options with the sales rep when she said, "Oh, I almost forgot we have the new Treo 800w in the back. Let me go get one." They had just gotten in a shipment of them and hadn't had time to put them in display yet. I was very impressed with the phone but wasn't sure if I wanted to drop the extra coin for it. However, once she said it supported WiFi, I was hooked. I bought the phone and haven't regretted the decision at all. Now, not everything is perfect as I've had a few minor problems with it, mostly caused by me. There are a few things I would change.

1. Replace the flimsy plastic stylus with a sturdy metal one, or at least one made from more sturdy plastic. Fortunately, I rarely have to use the stylus.

2. Add MMS support. I like to send pictures using MMS to friends and family from time to time but am unable to do so out of the box with the Treo 800w. I can send using email but it doesn't work with Facebook Mobile so I added an application called sMMS which does the trick.

3. I would like to see a way to perform a soft reset without having to remove the battery. My HP iPaq had a...

Damon
posted on 29 Jul 2008, 22:20

Used them all

I tried the Mogul for 4 months. Was the best and worst phone every. Best features...worst reliability. I was swapped for the 800w and LOVE IT. I have owned about every phone and the 800w has the best of all of them. Batterylife sucks if you run Bluetooth, stylus is whimpy. Replace both and it's a 10. THe GPS function and WiFi is great. Quick-find using GPS is accurate. Best Palm yet...and thats saying a lot.

Derek Simmerman
posted on 27 Jul 2008, 11:19

Treo 800w thoughts

So far I have been very impressed with the overall functionality of this Treo. Coming from the Mogul, the speed is unbelievably faster. My first thoughts of dislikes are the stylus is a waste and the battery is way to small, but at least both can be replaced very easily. Hopefully we will see an extended version pretty soon. It does have some minor bugs in the OS, but Palm will get them fixed. They have already posted an upcoming fix to MS Voice Command that will allow the bluetooth implementation on the software that Pallm built in to the ROM. Maybe if we're lucky it will have some other bug fixes as well. In the end though I have never owned any device that didn't have bugs or some problems out of the box. I can say I am very happy so far with this device and I hope Palm can make it better.

Wilhem
posted on 26 Jul 2008, 20:33

3.8

Could be Better

Boring design. Signal is so so. Battery is no good. Im not sure Ill keep it but I will be putting it through the ringer for the next month.

Ervin
posted on 26 Jul 2008, 16:07

Best Sprint Phone Ever

This is the best phone sprint has ever released. It is absolutely feature packaged. Everything from wifi to gps is included and works extremelly well. Some people have complained about battery life but this is unwarranted ignorant hate. Its true, the battery is the same 1150mah battery that powered the centro but the battery does last a good while. It has been proven that the screen saver feature consumed about 40% more battery power than without. This is a lot of juice being sucked so disabling that and also making sure that the "receive all incoming beams" box is not checked as that will also drain the battery.

The design on the phone is great. It keeps with the treo line and makes a great looking professional phone and they have also managed to make it look and feel great in your hand (ie. soft rubber finish). the color, imo is absolutely great. I love the deep blue color. the keyboard is also amazing. buttons are best ive ever felt and i have gone through many sprint phones..about 10 in the last year alone.

Like i said earlier, this includes all the features you would need. throw in opera mobile 9.5 beta and you have a browser that spanks safari. this treo does more straight out of the box then my HEAVILY modded sprint mogul did...which i promptly exchanged for the 800w.

the only reason i gave sound quality a 9 and not a 10 is that in every other area, the 800w is the best phone/ppc ive ever used. ive used some sanyos back in the 5300 days that had amazing call...

Mike
posted on 25 Jul 2008, 23:24

3.4

Eh..What the heck

Somehow my first review was removed from this site. Was it because I gave it a bad review? Well, its a really bad phone. I should know, Ive had three of these in a week and Im done.

Bad voice quality and very bad battery...pda or no, the battery sucks.

posted on 25 Jul 2008, 00:42

This phone will not be coming to Verizon, it was pulled out from the list of upcoming phone.....too bad...it was really cool...i got to play with it

Krys
posted on 20 Jul 2008, 15:49

ITS REALLY NOT THAT BAD!

I'm really not a huge fan of Palm or Treo i am typically a Blackberry person...but this phone has some great positives to it and not a whole lot of negatives! I have had no problems with slowness or freezing screens. Its been flawless since activation. Speed dials, super fast internet, and threaded text messaging makes this phone all worth it! LOVE IT!!