Palm Treo 650 (GSM) User Reviews

Han
posted on 30 Dec 2007, 03:08

It was great

I think this is one of the best PDA phone.
Sometimes ago I got bored and need to synch my lotus notes calendar . I bought Nokia 9300 (I always need QWERTY). It is too slow. I sold it in 2 weeks time. Luckily I have not sold my treo.
Then I replaced treo with Sony Ericsson M600 (for QWERTY & lotus notes synch reason). It's fake QWERTY, is also too slow.
Treo also has perfect sms apps (instant messaging mode), so we can see sms history.
Perhaps I'll need to replace this with E61i. I really need Lotus notes synch.
Though E61i is only has 220 Mhz processor (treo is 315 Mhz).
I hope Palm will have sane management. In the past everytime palm launch anything, it is always in state of art & a quantum leap technology against others.
Today's Palm is pathetic. always behind even compared to mass manufacture (Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Samsung).

Check
posted on 01 Nov 2007, 22:40

treo 650 reboots *easy fix*

If your treo reboots, update the firmware and that will fix the issue....

Cortney
posted on 08 Mar 2007, 18:52

3.8

HORRIBLE

I have had my T650 since October and I am on my third one! It was constantly rebooting and freezing up. Today I tried to hotsync to my computer like I do every couple of weeks and it erased EVERYTHING in my calendar and in my contacts on the computer and on my phone. I spoke to Cingular and Palm for 3 hours. Final result--they have no idea, but they are very sorry for my inconvenience.

650User
posted on 03 Jan 2006, 17:03

Good unit

A good unit. Nice shape and a good feature set. Major camera improvements from the 600. The 320x320 screen makes web pages much easier to read. (Web browsing is still rather slow, so I wouldn't recommend it as your primary web interface.)

I had reset issues similar to the ones the previous poster mentioned. Be aware that the 650 has issues with older SIM cards. If you upgrade and have reset issues you will want to get Cingular to give you a latest generation SIM card. A new SIM card solved the issue and the unit has worked very well.

All in all a good choice.

NO2DA650
posted on 02 Nov 2005, 14:45

Buyer Beware!

I have been using my Cingular 650 for about 4 months and I have had it! This phone is constantly rebooting or locking up. I call it my 650 softboot!

Phone Rep
posted on 19 Feb 2005, 16:43

T650

Great handset. Some issues when upgrading from the T600, but a little time and patience and all is well. The T650 works well with my Motorola HS820 and HS 850 headset, but it does NOT work with the Bluetooth option in ANY of the new BMW line-up! This is a BMW issue that they can resolve - at a typical BMW cost of about $1K - according to the BMW service department. MOST accessories for the T600 will NOT work with the T650: different charger connection, etc.
Overall, this is a great handset!!!!