Palm Pre Plus User Reviews

disapointed
posted on 25 Aug 2010, 16:26

i had this phone for about three months and the top half jus fell off sideways without me dropping it. i had to go through trouble with verizon to receive a new one...when i got my new one my palm profile didnt update all my contacts so i lost a majority of my numbers. the video camera doesnt have a flash and the camera itself really sucks its very blurry doesnt self correct. i like the operating system i like i can have diff cards open and u can just toss them to get rid of it but the internet is very laggish i find its faster when i use my home internet through wifi. the keyboard either doubles my letters or my letters dont show up at all. also the new phone ig ot about a month ago now when i receive a call or call someone else my phone goes to headset when i have no headset plugged in so neither me nor the person on the other end can hear at all unless i put it on speaker which i shouldnt have to do to tlk on the phone.  overall this phone has more cons than pros. if someone is actually considering this phone very bad choice def go with a driod. now im stuck with this crap phone wishing i had driod X.

Pros

• operating system

Cons

• keybored unresponsive, hardware wobbly, internet laggish, the phone itself very laggish

sandy
posted on 21 Jul 2010, 19:41

ok, not wonderful

Worst camera I've ever had. Picture's are almost always blurry. No zoom. I downloaded an editing app which I had to pay for & that sucks. Crop a photo & it's even more blurry.everything is a cloud with this phone, I wanna sinc with my computer. Not happy. The web search is adequate, but no ability to save web photos to view later. I've got my eye on RIM & Lg.

Pros

• multi-task, web surf

Cons

• camera's awful, cloud app's only, no voice record, speaker isn't reliable

sweettweet
posted on 19 Apr 2010, 19:36

I really liked it, at first

At first, I really liked this phone. It has a nice screen and cool features. The card feature is nice and useful. There aren't a lot of apps to choose from, unlike Apple and Google. The auto-correct feature when typing only adds apostrophes and the occasional spelling mistake, but it's not that good. Text messages can be combined with IMs and are in the conversation form, making it a lot easier to keep track of messages. The really dislike the battery-life. I unplugged my phone at approximately 7:00 am and by 4:30 pm, my battery was dead. I was not using my phone constantly considering I was in school. I only sent 2 texts and made one call that lasted approximately 2 minutes. When you do use apps and especially mobile hotspot, it really kills your battery; it will last no longer than 4 hours. I would rather not spend my money buying another battery so I'd rather get a different phone because this battery is becoming inconvenient. What's the fun of having cool features when you won't be able to enjoy them? So unless you would like to spend your money buying another battery and are willing to replace it everyday, I don't recommend this phone.

Pros

• design
  • fairly spaced keyboard
  • multi-touch
  • nice features
  • mobile hotspot
  • QWERTY keyboard

Cons

• very weak battery
  • a little unresponsive at times
  • low variety of apps
  • camera isn't the best
  • no on-screen keyboard

DarkAsgard
posted on 08 Apr 2010, 20:47

I love it! :)

I love this phone, its so fun and intuitive...it gives you a welcoming and feels so soft, i just got it through the mail and it seems pretty solidly built, ill give it a try... but its nice, sinks your accounts. It also has in my opinion for a phone it looks like a lot of free games to keep me busy, i hope they continue making free ones as i really do not wish to pay....i also wish theyd update google maps to be able to navigate- turn by turn directions...but its still good, overall this phones a major and lovley improvment.

Pros

• Webos
  • Syncing
  • Free apps
  • Nice Browser
  • Seems built solid
  • Plam Profile

Cons

• A little laggish, keyboard could be better but i like it, im off to a good start :)

posted on 08 Apr 2010, 14:30

Great OS, horrible hardware

I went through 5 in about 6 weeks.  All of them had the same problems.  The keyboard typed multiple letters (it wasn't from holding the key down too long), the slider was loose and the Google maps doesn't work unless you launch VZ Navigator first and decline to buy it.   The processor is a little slow, but it's something you can get used to.  The OS is incredible, but the problems with the hardware mad it impossible to live with the phone.

Pros

• WebOS

Cons

• Hardware quality

JJQuin
posted on 06 Apr 2010, 22:31

Best Smartphone!

The Palm Pre Plus is the best smartphone available.  I've had mine for two months.  I did a lot of research and nothing compares.  The 3D games are awesome, but the best feature is the multitasking.  I usually have 20 programs open at once and can pause multiple games with no speed impact.  My only complaint is the battery life, which was fixed by purchasing a larger battery online.

Pros

• Multitasking, Easy to use interface, 3D Games, Great Keyboard

Cons

• Need to buy longer battery

jdiperla
posted on 30 Mar 2010, 11:14 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)

This should be the best phone ever!

I have to say that I have used/owned several smartphones before including the Old PalmOS, Windows Mobile 2002/2003/5/6/6.1/6.5, Android, iPhone and Blackberry. And this is by far the most professional, funnest, most useful, most in-sync phone I have ever used!!!!!!!!!Palm has really done it. Their WebOS is amazing. I never ever experienced Multi-tasking as perfect as it is on this phone. Its really easy to use, even for beginners, and really fast and the idea behind it is just really simple. There is absolutely no flaw behind this system.The card system itself which allows the multi-tasking is really a cool feature. Atleast now I can pause my work wherever I am so that I can continue doing whatever else needs to be done. This innovation to me is comparable to when "Live DVR" was invented. Its truly that innovative.As far as apps go, there are nearly 3000 native apps available for it and more coming fast! Its not as many as the iPhone catalog, but you know what, atleast it doesn't have 345 different apps that do the same thing (EG: The lightsaber app on the iPhone. There are so many, but they all do the same stinking thing). Not to mention you can buy motionApps Classic and run all the old PalmOS Software, making the library really compete with the iPhone. And even though there arent as many "new" apps as the iPhone, there are tons of patches, updates and software and games that do EVERYTHING you need good enough. In fact, fewer apps even save you money in the long run.The Live...

Pros

• WebOS
  • Synergy Syncing with google, facebook, exchange, etc...

ForrestAnderson
posted on 24 Mar 2010, 14:24

Its decent enough

So I got the Palm Pre Plus from Verizon Wireless a couple of days ago. At first the OS was difficult to navigate and the keyboard was hard to type on. It only took me a couple of hours to get used to the device, and now I type very quickly on it. The layout and UI is very nice and everything is clean. The browser is fabulous, but still not as good as safari on my ipod. I haven't really tested out the camera, but it looks good from what pics I've taken so far. The App store is pitiful, and the selection of apps are not anything compared to apple's app store or the android market. I love how the phone slides and everything is really smooth. Although most of the apps like messaging, and contacts take a little longer than usual to load, it's not really a big deal. A couple things about the phone that I don't like is that the battery dies so quickly, I can barely get a full days usage out of it. I'm thinking about buying another battery just in case. I really like the over all design of this phone and for the most parts its quite fast, but its still not better than an iphone.

Pros

• Design, Keyboard, Features, Touchscreen, and Browser.

Cons

• Battery, and Speaker

Zagzagel
posted on 07 Mar 2010, 20:01

I'm a Convert!

I got this phone after talking the HTC Eris back to the Verizon store.  In my opinion, the Eris seemed like a cheap knockoff of the iPhone, and I got frustrated waiting for HTC to upgrade it to Android 2.1.  While the Palm Palm Pre has many of the same features as the iPhone, it feels like an original.  The webOS 1.4 operating system is quick and responsive, and the user interface is superior to any of the other phones I've owned.  I like the ability to multi-task, and the additonal gestures used on the Pre Plus are intuitive.  The browser includes pinch-zoom, and it displays web pages better than the HTC Eris.  I think the iPhone and iPod Touch are still better at browsing because of Safari and the responsiveness of the touch screen, but the Palm Pre Plus is a close second.I was able to add all of my email accounts easily, and I think the graphics of the email app are better than any of the other handsets I've owned.  The camera is pretty good and it's easy to use.  I've taken a couple of pictures and videos, and it is easy to post them to Twitter or Facebook.By far, the biggest "plus" of the Palm Pre Plus is the WiFi hotspot feature.  This feature allows up to five other computers to make use of the Palm Pre Plus' 3G connection using WiFi tether.  Last week I drove across the state for a couple of hours and two of my coworkers in the backseat...

Pros

• WiFi hotspot allows you to tether anything like the iPod/iPad
  • Unique and intuitive multi-touch interface
  • Nice graphics all around

Cons

• Annnoying tone played when topping off battery on the Touchstone.
  • Limited Youtube selections
  • Batter sucks at first. Condition the battery before passing judgement!
  • Fewer apps than competition. However, the ones I've tried cover my needs and are good quality.

sprc11
posted on 24 Feb 2010, 22:59

Fun phone

This cell phone is great and there are some really neat app out there for the phone you just have to do some research. Verizon does not offer the apps however their is an app site right on your phone and there are a lot of  free apps. I am very happy with my phone and have enjoyed using it since I have gotten it (month ago) . I wish more people would give the palm pre plus a chance I have found it is a lot easier to use than the android phones that Verizon offers I took my time and was glad to see this phone come out. I learn more about the phone each day. The screen is a nice size and the camera is pretty good and also the call quality is really good.  I will agree with everyone about the battery life but I have talked to a few other people that have other smartphones and they complain about their battery life to. Forgot there is also the touchstone battery charger just sit the phone on top and it charges the phone no plugging a cord into the phone and you and use it while it on this charger.( it extra of course.)

Pros

• fun phone, great call quality, good apps so far and more being added each day

KeLz
posted on 09 Feb 2010, 14:25

Good Phone

I have had it for about 2 weeks now, and no major complaints. I love the clarity of the screen, the gesture feature is a nice touch and even though the physical keys seem small, they are quite efficient, and useful. I enjoy this phone and the apps are good, they add more and more every week and I have not caught up with them all yet, so I have no issues there. I think my only real concerns are the battery life which I notice is not the best, my battery is close to out by the end of the day, and I am not running any apps or using it except for checking it maybe once an hour throughout the day...the other issue is the placement of the mic, it is in an area where the jaw or cheek is, so I have noticed alot of times when I am talking, people say they can't hear me, or I sound muffled...Other than that, I love this phone and am very happy with the purchase, hopefully the update helps with the battery life, which I hear it is, but it is a great phone....

Pros

• Stylish, very clear and sharp screen, love the features!

• mic placement

E Salvy
posted on 26 Jan 2010, 21:31

Palm Pre Plus Review

After owning it for two days I can dig it. Palm Pre Plus is pretty tight. the os is really fun and simple. Just wish there were more apps. and more fun games. Love it Love it Love it. The only thing I dont like is the lack of apps. The iphone has much better apps and is much more of a toy it would be nice if this phone had more apps and more fun things to do because would be the perfect balance of everything.
I wouldnt want any other phone but the I phone

• keyboard
  • touch sensitive
  • Simplicity
  • fun

Cons

• Slow at times when restarting or opening apps
  • Not many Apps at least for verizon very disappointing app market

anthonygolovey
posted on 26 Jan 2010, 21:02 (Posts: 44; Member since: 30 Dec 2009)

Palm Pre Plus is Awesome

I just got this phone today and it is freaking awesome, and this is coming from a guy who had droid eris and motorola droid. I mean both of those phones were great just found issues with both of them. The palm pres plus screen seems to be brighter and better looking then droids, maybe its just seems that way. Iam not gonna go in to the cards we all know how sick it and how easy it is to open and close apps, and i believe with the palm pre plus u can have as many as 50 things open at the same time with this card system. The Web Os is just awesome, this phone has similar menu like the iphone, which only makes sense since it was made by the same people who made the i phone. Also the keyboard is excellent, better then my tour i used to have, and i rarely find my self making mistakes.Also to phone arenas rating of 8.5 how do you figure that when you guys rated the sprints palm pre 9.5, when the palm pre plus has all that plus more ram and memory and does have a better keyboard and cleaner looking with no button in the middle, might want to check that and get your facts STRAIGHT.

Pros

• Very nice screen
  • Awesome Keyboard
  • Web Os
  • Comfortable and Nice Design
  • Fast Browsers Like Droids

Cons

• Takes a little to open apps, hope that will be fixed with the new 1.4 update coming up in Feb, and it will also add flash support.