x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
Palm Pre 2 Discussions
  • Options
    Close

palm pre 2

angryman@@@ (unregistered) 21 Oct 2010, 02:58 posted on

why are they coming out with this phone? the last palm pre was such a disaster or at least for verizon it was. the battery was absolutely terrible that you were charging it every 2 and a half hours. now it has a 1ghz processor? if they didnt fix the battery it wont be able to work without being plugged in. and knowing them they didnt do a thing for the battery. this is such a joke. verizon was basically giving the palms away for free because they were so terrible. some stores were basically paying you to take them out of their inventory.

posted on 25 Oct 2010, 11:30

1. MuddyGeek (unregistered)

First, the disclosure, I do have a Palm Pre.

Second, the battery life on the Pre isn't that bad. My wife has a Moto Droid and if we do the same data usage (Internet, weather, misc apps), our phones will die in roughly the same amount of time. The difference is that I can actually multi task between apps and get stuff done. She's busy holding down the home button to pull up her most recent apps and switching that way. Anyway... I'm digressing.

The battery life is not that bad. As for the 1 Ghz, you must also consider that they did clean up some code and it looks like battery life is improved a bit despite a faster processor.

posted on 26 Oct 2010, 10:13

2. Jake15 (Posts: 15; Member since: 18 Nov 2009)

The palm pre plus sucked, end of story. I have one and the build quality is so horrible. In fact in the first week that I had my phone I had to go get another one because something was wrong with mic, and the screen was so wobbly I thought that it was going to break right off. I think that HP should dump Palm in the garbage and start with something brand new

posted on 26 Oct 2010, 14:45

3. MattyMillz (unregistered)

As a Verizon sales rep, all I have to say is this: I've only sold 3 palm pre plus' since they've come out, and all 3 have been returned.

posted on 17 Feb 2011, 16:21

4. depeche (Posts: 60; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)

Obviously HP bought Palm for webOS not their devices people. Battery sucks, so adjust your setting to get the most of it. Have a touchstone around, give the device a break and charge it mid-afternoon.

New Software upgrades may allow for less battery drain, however, do you need wifi on? the display brightness turned all the up? NO turn off wifi, drop the displays brightness level down below the half way point.

Do you really need GPS on? NO, turn it on when you really need it.

These are common tips with any smart phone.

If you really like the device purchase a Seidio Extended battery, they come in two sizes: standard size and the mammoth comes with its own battery back cover.

Enjoy..

posted on 03 May 2011, 18:14

5. preuser (unregistered)

i loooove my palm pre plus! im on it constantly doing everything under the sun and it lasts all day most of the time. the way you can multi task is unbeatable. i cant wait to try out the next one. although it'll be hard to part with the one i have now.

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories