Palm Pixi User Reviews

spencer2302
posted on 13 Feb 2011, 23:21

Palm Is The Best OS EVER!

spencer2302 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

The Palm OS is SO FAST! You just have to tweak it with the konami code just Google it. Very easy to do . I like the Pixi just like the Treo 755, now I have started using the Palm Pre. Every one of the Cons... can All be fixed with the Konami fix and a few patches. Heres how.. w w w dot precentral.net/getting-started-homebrew-apps-patches-and-themes-webos-quick-install

spencer2302 alternatives:

Ronald
posted on 04 Apr 2010, 16:28

A good replacement for the Treo

My Treo 700p diedI needed a phone I am a touch screen junkie and so use to using a phone one handed that I was in troubleThe Pre requires 2 hands so it was out The reasons I went with the Pixi1 The screen  is about the same size as the Treo. The Treo is just thicker2 The screen of the Pixi is slightly larger 3 The Pixi looks just like a Treo once you put the CLASSIC app on it 4 All of your Palm apps and Treo files can be moved to the Pixi once the     Classic  app is installed. You can even use Document to go  and the Palm Desktop5 The Pixi has 8 gig of ram . I have not tried pdanet yet but plan on doing it this weekI dont understand why Pixi and Pre owners dont invest in the Classic app so they can use previous palm applications. On the other hand Palm should have given this App to existing Treo users for free.I hope this helps somebody else

• Same form factor as Treo
  • Works like a Treo if you use the Classic App
  • Lighter than the Treo

Cons

• Cant use Docs to Go unless you are using the Classic App
  • The Classic app is not included for free for migrating treo owners

Skylar Biggs
posted on 08 Dec 2009, 11:37

Pleased but disappointed

I've had this phone for about a week and although I like it, it seems that Palm was more concerned with wowing people than making a very powerful phone. I had the Centro before this one and I honestly miss my centro quite a bit. Yes, it does a lot of new things that my Centro didn't but it also does NOT do a lot of things that my Centro DID do.

Pros

• Lightweight
  • Small

Cons

• Doesn't ring very loud
  • Can't download videos from internet
  • Can't save pictures from internet
  • Terrible battery life

debran95
posted on 17 Nov 2009, 19:08

Amazing Design

I've only had this phone since Sunday (the release date) and I'm already quite impressed.  Yes, the phone lacks the processor power, screen size, camera resolution, and WiFi associated to the Pre; but were these things a necessity for me?...No (especially since Sprint's EVDO network is fairly strong where I am).  So far it's been a complete joy to use.  Use of the touchscreen and keyboard are quite easy and accurate (even for my large fingers).  The speed is quite fast, it's surprizing in fact on some of the pages I've browsed with large amounts of content.  The phone's terrific.Pros:- Design (small, lightweight, efficient use of space for the touchscreen and keyboard)- Full Querty keypad that works very well- Simple, easy-to-use navigation to all functions on the device- Speedy operation- Multi-tasking (haven't encountered any issues yet, though I haven't run too many data intensive applications at the same time - mostly texting, internet browser, camera, and pandora running in unison.)- Camera's fine (probably could be better)Cons:- Wish the vibration alert was a bit more pronouced (especially for incoming texts and e-mails)- The speaker volume is a bit soft- Number of apps available (though this is becoming less of an issue week-by-week)Truely a fantastic piece of equipment.  The battery's not too shabby iteself as I'm able to go for 1.5-2 days of full use without needing to charge.  If you like WebOS and are okay with the screen, speed, and...

• WebOS

Cons

• Speaker Volume
  • Vibration Alert

thegame9e
posted on 16 Nov 2009, 10:34 (Posts: 0; Member since: 29 Jan 2009)

Very Sleek

I bought the phone yesterday and I was very surprised with how small it is especially on a cdma network. My hands are fairly big but I have no problems typing. This phone is the Pre only in a candy bar style. Overall the processor is fast and it does not have any problems going back and forth in between applications. Now here are some cons that I have noticed so far:Cons-The charger is in the worst possible spot on the rt hand side bc when you're trying to charge the phone and text it really makes it a little uncomfortable to text, but something I can live with.-Some web pages load a little on the slow side but I do understand that the more content the longer it takes.-The web page size comes up consistently small on every web page so double tapping is required a lot. It got a little frustrating but I'm sure with more updates to come this problem will be resolved.-When you sign on to Facebook and AIM it takes all of your friends and buddies and puts them in your phone book for you. I thought it was kinda of cool at first but then thinking about it, I don't really need every single person's phone number and email address on hand so take it or leave it.-Battery life isn't the greatest so have a car charger handy...similar life to a blackberry-NO VIDEO as of yet Pro's-Decent media player and it's easy to set songs as ringtones.-Voice quality is loud and clear..although palm is usually on top of it.-Very easy to navigate around-Camera has flash and is very clear-Many great applications...

Pros

• quality of media
  • easy to use
  • camera very clear
  • design
  • call quality

Cons

• NO VIDEO
  • some kinks with internet not a huge deal
  • contact syncing with facebook/aim
  • battery life but it is a smart phone
  • charger location