Palm Centro User Reviews

Maleena
posted on 23 Oct 2010, 14:26

Okay

Maleena has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I have had this phone for over a year. The phone is good besides the camera... the camera isn't all that great. I can text really fast on this phone but at first it was really hard because of the tiny buttons. It starts to freeze up and if you try to call someone and someone else is sending you a text message it will exit your call so that kind of a pain. The battery life is great for my phone it last almost the complete day! With the touch screen its really useless because i only used the touch screen if i am hitting send or hitting on of my conversations

• Quick silent button
  • Keyguard
  • Downloadable Apps
  • Documents
  • Brightness

Cons

• Web pretty slow
  • Freezes up
  • Buttons TINY
  • Useless Touchscreen

posted on 07 Jun 2010, 21:18

I lovee this phone! Its great for texting, has a long battery life and a good interface. It does take getting used to, but once I did I flew while texting. It is on the quiet side for ringing and talking, so I had to use speaker phone a lot in busy places, which was a little awkward. Also, the black light on my keyboard went out. Those are my only complaints!

Pros

• Battery, chat-style texting, keyboard, looks, camera

Cons

• Too quiet, takes getting used to

Samantha Talamantes
posted on 27 Mar 2010, 00:29

my phone yo!

well lets see the palm centro is the first phone i bought on my own. at first i loved it i typed slow cause the keys are small. but after a while my speed picked up but this phones camera is pretty good but i don't enjoy this phone as much as i did at first.

Pros

• over all everything

Cons

• bad touch screen

posted on 24 Jun 2009, 09:11

just wondering if this phone has the get it now option, so i can use backup assistance, also i have a G'Zone and was wondering if it could just be synced into the palm Centro or if there have been any problems.

safekid
posted on 23 Jun 2009, 07:10

Okay

I liked this phone at first because it was new to me and way different then a free L2 Sliver.... but after having it for a while now I really want my L2 back. I do like the palm centro because I can type pretty fast, its really made for people with tiny fingers though. I like the way the texting is set up and the different features it offers. However I do not like how when I'm trying to send a picture to someone and the file is to big, the phone just shuts off or if I'm doing anything that requires it to think to hard.. shuts off. I also still havent figured out how to delete a contact if its programed onto my sim card, it was no problem for me on my previous phones. This phone is good for someone who does more texting then talking because when talking to someone for an hour on this phone the battery is needing to be recharged.

posted on 18 Mar 2009, 18:07

this phone has good features, but it is sooooo annoying. it shuts off randomly and gets THE WORST BATTERY POWER EVER! also, the keys r unbelieveably small and it sometimes freezes and randomly shuts off and restarts. i suggest not to get this phone.

Zach Helms
posted on 07 Mar 2009, 11:54

Ehh, I'm tired of it.

I got this phone for my birthday in November. I was so excited, and thought it was so much fun to play with. I liked the way it looked, I liked the way it was touch screen, and I liked everything about it. Now that i have had it for a while, it has became a bother. Simple things are hard to due on this phone. Like texting, the keyboard( some think is good) is way to small and I can't get use to it. Sometimes when you press the end button to hang up a phone call, it doesn't hand up so people still hear you. It scratches very easy. I bought a case right when I got the phone and it is still scratching. The battery life is not very good. I don't want to complain and only say negative things about this phone, but it has just became a pain to me. I miss my old Samsung a737. It was simple and I could text faster on it. This phone however does have a cool painting feature, and has good call reception. But overall i recommend you not to get this phone only because it will really annoying you after 3 months. Oh and also it is really really fat.

Pros

• Good features
  • Good reception
  • Ok Camera
  • Touch Screen works good

Cons

• The qwerty keypad
  • The design is fat
  • The touchscreen uses all battery life.
  • Annoying

kumquack
posted on 30 Nov 2008, 23:37

Great but chubby

I love my Palm Centro. I really do. But it's chubby. Real fat compared to other phones on the market. The keyboard is pretty good, but small. I'm shredding mine because of the bubble buttons. (I have to use my thumb nails to press the tiny buttons.)
I really love the features and the touch screen. It hasn't given me any trouble. I also like that you can download or buy applications for the phone with the Palm OS interface. It also has tons of calanders and schedules to keep organized.

Pros

• Touchscreen
  • Downloadable applications like Facebook for Palm
  • Lots of Organizational tools

Cons

• FAT
  • tiny keyboard
  • bubble keys are good at first... but mine are cracking...

baseballjmr
posted on 17 Nov 2008, 15:23

Response to bad battery life claims

The people that claim the phone has bad battery life, have not charged it properly. The first time, or first couple times, you are supposed to charge the centro for about 8 hours. I did this, and on the last use I got 4 days of battery life, while texting a lot. If you learn how to charge a phone battery correctly, with correct battery cycles and everything, I don't see battery life being too much of a problem. I'm not calling anyone out, but I think people should make sure they have a stronger knowledge base before trying to influence someone's decision.

wyamamoto
posted on 22 Jul 2008, 22:33

Having research many phones and having talked to numerous salesman and people who are in the know when it comes to pda phones, i decided to purchase the centro based on the facts that it functions as a calendar that syncs to outlook and it has very good reception. i have used the old motorola e815 for years because of its great reception and this centro actually has better reception.
i added a kingston 4 gig card and have had no problems adding music and photos to the card. with music tones it is easy to trim down an mp3 to add as a ringtone.
having read the reviews on the keyboard, i would agree that it is on the small side, but once you have used it for a while, it works fine. i do miss the old pad for writing on the 700.
the battery could use an extra boost, but i just turned the power level down on the screen and have been able to get a day and a half with normal use. i don't use the phone for email or internet.
if you are looking for a good calendar phone and great reception, i would strongly recommend this phone.

Matt
posted on 21 Jul 2008, 14:41

Old Treo User...

Great Phone indeed...nice follow up to the Treo family. I purchased because my screen shattered on my treo 650. I like the size and the features added since the 650 are pretty good. Such as, internet radio, video messaging and YouTube which i didnt know were included until i started playing with it.

In response to the battery life, after owning the 650 with the same 2 batteries that I used to alternate back and forth for 3 years, they last longer than my 2-day-old Centro. They are not even close to what they used to be 3 years ago and still out lasts it.

I have no experience with any other touch screen phones. Maybe coming from an iPhone or a Tilt, this wouldnt seem too bad, but coming from a Treo (its predecessor), this is a huge downgrade, especially since the backlight on the keys is much dimmer and the screen is a half inch smaller.

To give you an example, I charged it fully last night, took it off the charger around 8:30AM when I got up this morning, and its now 3:33PM and I am down to 38% battery with very little use today...i sent a text and took a call that lasted 2 minutes and 21 seconds. My email isnt even set up yet so its not hitting the server for that...kinda scared to see what happens when i do set it up for auto-email.

Love the phone tho...hope they come out with a longer-life battery. Luckily it uses the same power cable as the Treo and I have 3 of them so I can keep them all over the house cause it seems like Ill be charging this thing quite...

Rell
posted on 23 May 2008, 22:19

research phones b4 you post reviews

1st of all to people thinking this phones battery life is bad, you all should have asked people who have touchscreen phones about thier battery life EVERY TOUCHSCREEN phones battery life is horriable from the iphone to the tilt the centro's battery life is not bad for it being a touchscreen phone
2nd its kind of stupid to say that you dont like a phone because of its small size, when the point of the phone is for it to be one of the smallest of its class (a touchscreen pda)the keys and screen where seen when you purchased you prolly liked the size but now to complain about it is stupid
ive worked for at&t and the centro is nice phone like everyother palm but you should know about the features of the phone before you purchase go to the store and actually play with it try to type test call and everything else you do with or want to do with your mobile device

kate
posted on 02 May 2008, 12:10

6.4

CUTE PHONE BUT.......

THIS PHONE IS GOOD AS FAR AS FAR AS FEATURES, BUT WHEN IT COMES TO BATTERY LIFE IT'S NOT GOOD. IF YOU ARE A PERSON THAT TEXT ALOT, THE KEYPAD IS A BIT UNCOMFORTABLE COMPARED TO THE BLACKBERRY.
DO UR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU PURCHASE!!!
BATTERY LIFE IS AWFUL!!!

Kennetha Alston
posted on 30 Apr 2008, 08:59

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Palm blew it out of the water this time that phone is GREAT and I LOVE IT! I think that this is the best phone yet and i would not take any other phone besides this one it does everything that i need and i am a very busy person and always on the go so this phone is perfect for that. also I love the fact that everything is in small size it is perfect for my fingers.

FerneyZan
posted on 14 Apr 2008, 15:48

JUST GREAT!!

This phone is just awesome.. Nothing wrong with it in comparison to other brands.. So say that data is a bit slow, but maybe that is because is on EDGE only,, no 3G on this model..

The phone is extremely easy to use and it comes in a very small package for a PDA phone.. This phone beats hands down the other models that charge much more but offer only about the same in features.. highly recommended..

Brent Schlechte
posted on 19 Mar 2008, 18:34

Cant Stand IT

Do Not buy this phone. Small screen, slow internet, smallllllllllllllllll keyboard. I cant stand this phone. I rather go back to my blackberry.

Thanh
posted on 23 Feb 2008, 20:27

President

phone Great, every about Palm is change, easy to navigation, bigger screen and excellent on keyboard. This phone make my job easier to browsing email, internet and checking my appointments. Great job Palm.

mrlarrygreen
posted on 21 Feb 2008, 12:57

thumbs

this phone is truly amazing still being able to have a touch screen i gave it really good ratings only that is kinda of a bummer is the ke board is sssssooo smallllllllllll, but they did put rubberized kys instead of hard keys like the traditional treo's so its a must buy device!!! i got mines now