x PhoneArena is hiring! Reviewer in the USA

Text input9.3/10
Everyday usage9.2/10
UI speed9.6/10

antmiu2
posted on 06 Oct 2014, 22:02 (Posts: 302; Member since: 19 Jun 2011)

Best phone for the Money

antmiu2 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

C'mon Son! Compare this to the s5, M8, Z2/Z3, G3, and the specs are similar or better at half the price! It's hard to get because of the invite system, but there will be a pre order system soon. And this phone is definitely worth the wait and hoops jumping.

Build quality 10/10 For $350 you get a premium build quality, it feels sturdy with no creeking. this phone feels better in the hand than plasticky phones (cough samsung cough). The sandstone black is the coolest back cover material to touch. The raised display and the chrome border gives it extra points in design details.. Just make sure you get a screen protector for it because the screen is raised. People say the bezels are too big but I much prefer hardware keys rather than on screen, the great thing is that you can choose which to use.
Reception 10/10 Very good. I always have a lot of signal strength even when I go to the countrysides (campo). In my case La Vega, Dom. Rep.
Call quality 10/10 Best call quality I've ever had, that's not saying much since this is the first flagship I own but it I hear all my conversations loud and clear and for the first time I can actually use speakerphone without an issue so thats a 10
Internet 10/10 No problems here.. Unlocked GSM working in Dominican Republic with Claro at 850mhz GSM/UMTS and it can support Orange and Viva. if you live in the States it wont work with Verizon nor Sprint I guess
Multimedia 10/10 Does this mean the speakers? While not quite the dual front facing stereo speakers on the M8 still beats any back facing speaker as they sound very good and loud. The massive 3GB of RAM is the best for multitasking... I can finally answer a phone call while in a game lol
Camera 9/10 I know this phone doesn't have the best camera out there and I am not a camera expert but the quality is amazing! My previous phone was an Atrix HD with that awful 8MP. I never was a picture guy before, but this camera is encouraging me to take more pictures. The effects work great.. I use beauty mode and it photoshop my face to look smooth and clean lol.. Low light light conditions makes the picture noisy, but night mode helps a lot and HDR makes Colors jump out. I only wish it had a faster auto-focus, but then again I rarely take pictures. I haven't tested the video recorder, but I like that you take pictures while recording and the slow-motion feature.
UI speed 9/10 Caynogenmod as the official ROM is a dream come true. I've always hacked my older phones to install caynogenmod on them lol. By far the best UI in the mainstream. Very fast, zero bloatware, No lag at all but you might run into a couple of bugs as ghost touch which will hopefully be addressed in the next update
Everyday usage 9/10 pretty good. I was scared about the size but im use to it now. I won't be using it on the streets because it can easily get snatched for the big size and sometimes uncomfortable for single hand use (I have small hands)
Text input 10/10 What does this have to do with the phone? The screen size in portrait makes it nice and easy to type since its big but not much in width, just put swiftkey on it and call it a day
Display 10/10 5.5 IPS 1080p display looks as great as it should for an LCD. I was scared that the screen size was too big.. Jumping from a 4.5 (Atrix HD) to 5.5 but I love it now and I'm spoiled now, I can't go back down to a smaller size even though I can barely grip this phone lol.
Battery 10/10 3100maH is the biggest battery I've had and the reviews are true!! It lasts very long with moderate use. Now I can't have another phone that would last less than this ever.

Pros

• Price is amazing and its unlocked
  • Top of the line specs
  • Cynogenmod as official ROM
  • Excellent Battery Life
  • Big beautiful display at 1080p
  • Great Design and premium feel
  • Ability to choose between on screen and capacitve keys
  • Did I mention the price?

Cons

• Availability
  • Not waterproof
  • No Micro-SD Support
  • A few bugs

umlguy
posted on 13 Nov 2014, 11:17 (Posts: 12; Member since: 28 Nov 2012)

You really don't have to settle...

umlguy has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

The companies tag line of Never Settle is a good one. The phone is indeed first class in most regards, but especially build quality, battery life, beautiful screen, performance, use of Cyanogenmod out of the box, etc. all for $350 off contract. You simply can't beat it, thought the invite system left something to be desired,but I did get mine and even gave away an invite to a friend who also loves this phone and gave up his Note 3 for it.

Reception 9/10 I live in a mountainous area, so most phones suck here regarding reception.
Display 10/10 Very nice, very realistic color scheme.
Battery 8/10 Very nice, very long battery life, but why not make it removable also? It's right there under the back cover, what's the big deal with making it removable? Would that have added more than $5 to the cost of the phone?

• large storage for 64GB unit
  • Cyanogenmod out of the box

Cons

• No SD Card, but the 64GB unit negates most of the issues with this con ... except for easily moving your stuff from one phone to another.
  • Non-removable battery
  • lack of wireless charging, which admitedly most phones don't have, but it would be a nice modern addition.
  • Invite system

p51d007
posted on 27 Jul 2014, 14:05 (Posts: 220; Member since: 24 Nov 2013)

Good Bang for the buck

p51d007 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

If you can get your hands on one, it's not a bad device. Feels solid, fast & responsive. The "yellow stain" issue appears to be fading (no pun intended), after placing under UV light source, or just using it.

Build quality 10/10 Just as good as the big boys, if not better
Reception 10/10 Crystal clear
Call quality 10/10 No issues
Internet 10/10 Straight talk, MVNO, no problems
Camera 8/10 I'm picky, photographer for over 30 years, it's a CAMERA phone with a pinhole sensor. For what it is, it does ok.
UI speed 10/10 Fast, no lag
Everyday usage 10/10 Easily make it through a whole day, or two on one battery, depending on usage.
Text input 7/10 Stock keyboard is "ok", but prefer swiftkey
Display 10/10 Clear & bright
Battery 8/10 Pretty good, but hard to be the Huawei Ascend Mate2

Pros

• For the money, hard to beat

Cons

• If you can get one. The invite system
  • still leaves a lot of sour feelings

Brendan126
posted on 23 Jul 2014, 16:28 (Posts: 14; Member since: 09 Dec 2010)

Quite the beast of a phone

Brendan126 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

First off, this phone is cheap as hell! For what you get, there is no other reason to go with any other phone.

If only they were more readily available.

The software is top notch, and the device feels great in hand. The screen in top notch. If you ever get the opportunity to buy this phone, do not hesitate. If you don't like it, sell it! There are plenty of people out there that are dying to get their hands on this beautiful piece of machinery.

Build quality 9/10 I love the build quality of this phone. The 'sandpaper' material is great! The only reason it isn't a 10 is because I was spoiled by the HTC M8's metal unibody.
Reception 10/10 I have no issue, and have a constant LTE signal when in covered areas.
Call quality 9/10 The earpiece could be louder, but otherwise the voice on the other end sounds clear.
Internet 10/10 It flies through anything.
Multimedia 9/10 Again, I was spoiled by the HTC Boomsound speakers, therefore these just cannot match up.
Camera 9/10 The camera is great no issues with it, just do not believe it gets a 10.
UI speed 10/10 FAST FAST FAST. Thanks to CM 11S it is speedy and perfect.
Everyday usage 10/10 No problems ever with it yet.
Text input 9/10 I do find that text input was a bit easier on the M8, most likely due to the smaller screen, but also the touch screen latency seems a bit slower than the M8.
Display 9/10 I love this display, it looks great and gets perfectly bright and dim! I just love HTC's SuperLCDs a bit more.
Battery 10/10 This thing is a battery machine. You can get up to 5-6 hours of screen on time. Enough said for me.

Pros

• Cheap
  • Battery-Life
  • SoC Package
  • Storage Capacity
  • 3 GB of RAM

Cons

Brendan126 alternatives:

twerterus
posted on 11 Jun 2016, 03:25 (Posts: 0; Member since: 11 Jun 2016)

Do not recommend

twerterus has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Although this phone started up as a good premise - price and performance were not even comparable to other manufacturers - the buggy software, horrible support and lack of basic features makes this product hard to recommend. As for support - it's as horrible as they say - they try to delay as much as possible by using email instead of chat, with a different representative answering every time - some users reported up to a month trying to get an RMA!

Build quality 2/10 Sandstone black has a nice feel, but that doesn't matter when it has touchscreen issues!
Reception 2/10 Randomly drops calls if mobile data is left on
Call quality 2/10 Call from the other side says they hear me muffled or underwater
Internet 9/10 Excellent signal and speed
Multimedia 9/10 Excellent battery life and sound
Camera 8/10 Optical image stabilisation really is a feature I miss, but the dual led flash is a nice feature
UI speed 9/10 Fast, no issues, sometimes can have a small stutter but nothing hich renders it unusable
Everyday usage 3/10 Issues with build quality, reception and call quality makes this very difficult to recommend
Text input 2/10 Very difficult to type when digitiser is partially dead
Display 4/10 Not bad, but does not compare to samsung oled displays at all
Battery 10/10 Excellent

Pros

• Battery life is amazing - 4 to 5 hours screen on or 3 days light usage
  • Camera is ok
  • Fast
  • Good signal

Cons

• Cannot be exposed to heat - several issues may crop up
  • Call drops and unreliable software
  • Before heat exposure touchscreen was fine, now its unusable
  • Oneplus support does not help

ayodude66
posted on 22 Mar 2016, 15:41 (Posts: 0; Member since: 22 Mar 2016)

Awesome phone for the price!

ayodude66 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I've had this phone for almost a year and it's incredible for the price. It still runs very quick and smooth, probably even better now than when I first got it. When this phone came out, it really could not be beat for the price. Now in 2016 there are many other options that are just as good or better.

Build quality 9/10 This thing feels pretty solid. Very grippy and easy to hold. I've dropped it a few times and the screen has been fine. It feels a lot better than I would've expected.
Reception 8/10 Sometimes it struggles to get back on LTE after being out of service. Usually I just have to reboot and it's fine.
Call quality 10/10 I don't make a ton of calls so I don't really notice how good or bad call quality is. It seems fine to me.
Multimedia 8/10 Wish it had front facing speakers or at least stereo speakers. Also wish it had wireless charging and expandable storage.
Camera 8/10 The camera is pretty good. I've been able to get some great photos out of it. The best thing IMO about this camera is how many manual control there are. You can get full manual controls through the use of camera apps like Color OS Camera and Camera FV-5. The video quality is alright. A lot of my footage seems very choppy when I play it back but that might just be my phone.
Battery 7/10 A lot of people get incredible battery life with this phone but I've never been able to get more than 3.5 hours SoT. And I've tried various roms and kernals. Fairly often it won't last me a whole day and I'll have to charge it later in the evening.

Pros

• ow price
  • Very customizable UI
  • Runs fast and smooth

Cons

• Bad battery life for me
  • Camera could be better
  • No expandable storage

devakumar
posted on 05 Mar 2016, 01:36 (Posts: 0; Member since: 05 Mar 2016)

Oneplus one be the ONE

devakumar has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I love the speed of the processing for anything and the LTE in my area is superb.The companies tag line of Never Settle is a good one.I loved its back panel SANDSTONE back and phone s sturdy and gives premium feel when holded in hand.Camera quality was awesome. The OS (Cyanogenmod 11S) and its customizability.The best phone for best price,quality........

Build quality 10/10 It is very very solid, feels good in the hand. I own the sandstone black version and I promise you it feels so handy and great! As far as the durability is concerned, so far, so good, really nothing bad worth mentioning
Reception 9/10 Blazing fast. The quadcore power brings it to the ultimate maximum. No lag, simply outrageous,speechless
Call quality 10/10 Decent sound quality,clear voice quality
Internet 10/10 Decent 3G speeds and Incredible 4G speeds when I get 4G signal.
Camera 9/10 Camera quality was awesome and in some times when we capturing the photo image is storing in galary.
UI speed 10/10 Cm11s is absolutely the best android experience I have ever had, smoothest running phone ever!. No lag at all, except in camera
Everyday usage 10/10 Fantastic performace....
Text input 10/10 good
Display 10/10 Awesome
Battery 10/10 Longest lasting battery of any phone I have ever had.

• 5.5 inch HD beautiful screen
  • Front camera
  • display
  • Great Design and premium feel
  • invite system

Cons

• primary camera
  • invite system
  • No Micro-SD Support
  • duel sim support
  • non-removable battery

brink088
posted on 14 Dec 2015, 10:29 (Posts: 0; Member since: 14 Dec 2015)

great price, but issue

brink088 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

reception can be an issue from time to time, mainly gps. also battery is pretty awful, it was good for a month then it when down hill fast, it eats battery like crazy for no reason had a hard time charging to 100%. another issue was the pastic, droped it 2 inches and it dented the bottom and the for chrome chipped off. bottom half of the screen had sensitivity issues afterwards as well. not a bad phone but not the greatest.

Build quality 6/10 plastic, got dented easily
Camera 7/10 bad low light and focus

Pros

• price
  • speed

malbisco
posted on 16 Oct 2015, 09:52 (Posts: 0; Member since: 16 Oct 2015)

Great expectations, great disappointments

malbisco has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Everyone knows why this phone is in your list of a must buy, it has a great price, it feels good in your hand and they manage to give you a lot for the price.
Some good things no one mentions about this phone:
Charging is sooo fast, I have a nexus 6 with quick charging and I still believe the one plus was faster, I know battery is a little bit smaller but still from 0-100% takes about 1hr13min almost no phone does this, but they never advertise it, who knows why. It’s definitely worth mention.
Now the real bad about this phone:
Screen is not so good, colors are washed out and any flagship really looks better than this.
Oh my god cyanogen whyyyy!! After upgrade to 5.0 touch screen was sooo bad and you can google about it, there are several upgrades to fix it. Mine was the worst and after 5 hours in a vertical position it simply couldn’t detect my fingers in about 50% of the screen. After restarting it worked fine.
So at the end hardware was amazing but the software never kept up and made this phone useless, I lost all faith in this company. Especially since oneplus added finger print but no NFC, come on! What’s the point then!

Multimedia 7/10 should have better speakers and display
Camera 8/10 is not bad but compared to other shooters with less capture time, also 4K video makes phone reeeeeally hot
Everyday usage 3/10 there is touch screen problems they were never fixed
Display 5/10 wash out colors
Battery 10/10 battery is incredible!!

Pros

• Incredible battery
  • Great design(except for volume keys)
  • Battery charges sooo fast

Cons

• problems with touch screen never fixed
  • upgrade to 5.0 took waay to long
  • volume and power keys are hard to press you never get used to
  • capacitive keys barely gives any light

malbisco alternatives:

WVUTampaAlum
posted on 02 Oct 2015, 14:39 (Posts: 0; Member since: 02 Oct 2015)

I would buy this now over nexus 5x or 6p

WVUTampaAlum has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I would purchase this phone now over a nexus 5x 6p or oneplus 2. The price/value of this phone even now is ridiculous. Do a side by side comparison of this to almost anything and you will be amazed. ..... and the oneplus 2 no nfc is a joke. This thing specs better then an apple 6s plus! I don't even use 50% battery in a day most times. When marshmallow drops for this thing it is even going to rock harder!

Pros

• Great battery all day usage
  • price value still cannot be beat

Cons

• no sd card if it matters. 64 gb is this even an issue?
  • super amoled is the only improvement.

ommehta
posted on 21 Sep 2015, 05:05 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Sep 2015)

Best Mobile phone ever

ommehta has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Irreplaceable mobile of its kind.Oneplus one has everything that you desire to have in 45k range phone.looks sexy,buit in functionality is amazing,complete UI design,and so many features.Cynogen mode is cherry on cake for the android lovers.

GPCosta
posted on 04 Sep 2015, 17:36 (Posts: 4; Member since: 04 Sep 2015)

My favourite phone ever

GPCosta has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

It is not perfect, but I think that there is no perfect phones and for the price, it is the best with one of the best ROM, Cyanogen OS. Basically, the OnePlus One is a powerhouse that everybody would like to have in their pocket.

Build quality 10/10 Feels premium in the hand and looks fabulous
Reception 10/10 I don't have no problems with my carrier
Call quality 9/10 Call quality is very good and loud
Internet 9/10 It has very good access to the Internet, but with very tabs open, it doesn't respond immediately
Multimedia 10/10 Very good and loud speakers and very good screen
Camera 8/10 It is good, but not the best in the market
UI speed 10/10 Cyanogen OS is the best UI actually and it allows very personalization and speed
Everyday usage 10/10 All that apps are completely functional and with some very good features
Text input 10/10 With SwiftKeys, the text input is an unique experince
Display 10/10 It is also a excellent feature of this phone, but it isn't AMOLED and it isn't 2K. Although, I think is more than perfect for me and have a very good brightness
Battery 10/10 Maybe, one of the best features of the One. Basically durable and perfect

Pros

• Large battery
  • Looks and feels premium
  • Improved a lot with Cyanogen 12.1
  • Very good display with perfect brightness

Cons

• OTA updates take too long

narein10
posted on 15 May 2015, 14:34 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 May 2015)

Good phone for a good price

narein10 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This device comes with relatively good specs for a nice cheap price. I have had it for a while now and haven't really found any really big issues that I wasn't able to fix. I moved from having a Samsung galaxy S3 and this phone just overpowered it in every way. Probably one of the best phones on the market for this price. So if you don't have a lot of money to fork out on a S6 or lg g4, this will do nicely.

Build quality 9/10 Feels very sturdy and the sleek design makes it look fantastic. The sandstone texture makes it grippy and feel nice and I wasn't feeling to worried about the chance of me dropping it.
Reception 10/10 Had minor issues but that is just probably the network carrier I am on.
Call quality 10/10 Crispy clear sound. Have had no problems.
Internet 9/10 Browsing is a breeze. Everything flows nicely with very minute lag at times.
Camera 8/10 Had all the features I needed but some photos taken in dim lighting looked quite dark.
UI speed 9/10 Very fast, with the odd moments
Display 9/10 Isn't the best display out there but still is good for viewing photos and videos. Even on full brightness I found it hard to see outside on sunny days.
Battery 10/10 Gets me through the whole day and maybe more. Went on a camping trip for three days and took photos half the time. Just about got me through the three days.

• Price
  • Good connectivity

Cons

• gestures triggered to easily

Etenity
posted on 13 May 2015, 05:45 (Posts: 0; Member since: 13 May 2015)

The Best Phone.

Etenity has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I never have any problems with OnePlus One. I known what it does not have SD card. So I bot model 64Gb, but not used half of this. And after update to android lollipop - the buttery can live 2 times longer. The camera takes very cool and high quality photos even in dark time. I made photos with stars! The iPhone camere is bulls**t after this. And when you see the price - you understands why OnePlus One is flagman killer

ucancallmenick
posted on 30 Apr 2015, 03:15 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)

Cool phone, when it works

ucancallmenick has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I loved this phone when I first purchased it in November, It was cheap, fast, huge, and stylish. I loved the gesture controls, the camera quality, the personalization, and the storage size (64GB). A few months ago my screen started to act up to the point that it would randomly open apps, pinch and zoom, like pictures on instagram, or send out weird text messages. Then, it could not hold my GPS location, which was really fun navigating and losing satellites in a clear city with plenty of service and GPS while driving somewhere unknown. I contacted their customer support to get help with fixing it, and after two months of emailing them, since there is no phone line or in person store, they still have not fixed the phone or offered to replace it. Plus, my roommate who I got to purchase the phone with an invite is having the same issues and is switching back to his old iPhone out of frustration. I never realized how important customer support is when buying a phone until now, if you're looking for a phone that won't have issues, look elsewhere! Never again will I purchase or recommend a OnePlus phone.

Build quality 8/10 The plastic chrome is easily scratched and doesn't feel premium, but the $350 price justifies it.
Reception 7/10 Sometimes it goes in and out of reception for phone calls and GPS in places that were clear before. Using AT&T.
Internet 10/10 Chrome is bulletproof
Multimedia 8/10 Wish music was easier to load up and view without using Google Play music, which is a ugly and not user-friendly music experience compared to iOS or even my Windows Phones
Camera 10/10 Top notch, one of the best camera phones I've owned, wish some features were easier to access though.
UI speed 9/10 Very fast phone, but occasionally lags
Everyday usage 4/10 Good phone and features, but useless if the screen never works.
Text input 10/10 Google keyboard all the way
Display 4/10 Great looking screen, but it has had so many faults and errors that I can barely use it sometimes
Battery 10/10 Great battery, over a days use

Pros

• Screen size
  • Bamboo StyleSwap Cover
  • Camera Quality
  • Storage Capacity
  • Charging speed
  • Personalization

Cons

• Errors and screen issues
  • Invite system
  • Customer Support
  • Music interface
  • Lack of updates, very infrequent
  • Front camera quality
  • Easy to scratch and damage

ucancallmenick alternatives:

FilippoBriganti
posted on 30 Mar 2015, 12:30 (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Aug 2014)

Solid phone Oneplus!

FilippoBriganti has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

great phone for an excellent price tag and great overall experience! I love the build quality of the phone and also the display is great but it has a yellowish tone which is not cool to see compared to something like the xperia z3 display or even an iphone 6 display! But still a Solid phone

Pros

• software
  • build quality
  • price

Cons

FilippoBriganti alternatives:

Lupy17
posted on 27 Mar 2015, 05:59 (Posts: 5; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)

Oneplus One - Wow!

Lupy17 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I used my Oneplus One in paralel with a Nexus 5 for a couple of weeks. The Nexus 5 was quicker when it was on kitkat, but thinghs leveled out after the lollipop upgrade on my Nexus. The decision to leave the Nexus behind was really easy after this point.
I got used to the size pretty quikly. I can t go back to a 5 incher.

Till this day the Oneplus outperforms the S5, M8, G3, Iphone 5s/6 and even the Note 4 in daily usage. It s something really special in paying 300 euros for hardware that would normaly cost 700 euro.
The camera on the Samsung and Apple phones is better than on this device, but not 400 euros better (by the way, with 400 euros i bought myself a nice Nikon DSLR witch is better than any smartphone camera would every be)

I like phones, I follow the smarphone news every day and I even go in stores to play with smartphones whenever there is a new one.
The build quality on OPO is second to none, the display is superb, the UI is special, the camera is decent and the battery, oh, the battery excellent!

Coming from a Nexus 5, where I really had to be careful about my usage in order to reach home with some juice left in the battery, on this device I can do all my listening to podcasts, photo shooting, web browsing, youtube watching, gps navigating etc and still have 20% after 16 hours of usage. You cannot kill this battery in one day! ( don t be silly, of course you can if really this is your purpose :) )

Still the best phone you could spend your money on!

Build quality 10/10 Not only there is nothing to complain about, but it feels premium!

• Price
  • 64 GB baby!

Cons

• having to explain to my friends what Oneplus is :)

louisd
posted on 15 Mar 2015, 08:02 (Posts: 2; Member since: 15 Mar 2015)

Great if you have no issues.

louisd has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This is a great phone, as long as you have no issues. I have an annoying issue with video where the camera just pulses in and out of focus, making the videos fairly useless. It's annoying and destroys one of the features of the phone. Getting support is impossible. Weeks before responses and then form letter responses that don't address the issue.

Reception 6/10 Compared to my Moto X 2013 and Moto X 2014 gets reception in less places and LTE in far fewer places.
Internet 5/10 LTE reception on AT&T US is lacking as are LTE speeds.

• Durability

Cons

• Reception
  • Support

gexco
posted on 10 Mar 2015, 12:48 (Posts: 0; Member since: 01 Mar 2015)

Best Phone Available: Size, Specs, Price, Dev Support = 11/10

gexco has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I made the switch from dual owning Nexus 5 and G2, I had to get my hands on a One, so I bought an invite off eBay for $10 in October 2014. Everything from Packaging down to the little Sim removal tool was perfect. Being the largest phone I've owned, I haven't got any complaints: Nexus 5 and G2 out, the One is the best everyday work machine and PDA deviceI have seen or used... 110% reccomend to everyone (plus Custom ROM and Dev Support is everywhere)

Build quality 9/10 Feels like a Premium Device, which it is, not using metals, but experimenting with the Sandstone texture is amazing, first phone that doesn't need a case for me.
Reception 10/10 Compared to my friends on their Nexus 5's and iPhone 6's, my phone gets full reception where theirs gets half. Great!
Call quality 9/10 Quite Clear sound, haven't had any disturbance in quality or dropouts yet.
Internet 9/10 Decent 3G speeds and Incredible 4GX speeds when I get 4G signal.
Multimedia 10/10 Music, Video and Audio Playback is fantastic, dual, stereo speakers really do make a difference.
Camera 9/10 The 13 MP Shooter, has great quality in daylight, but still doesn't do so badly in dark. The 4kDCI Camcording is incredibly crystal clear.
UI speed 10/10 Running CM12 with almost full storage and plenty of applications, the One handles it like a breeze.
Everyday usage 10/10 Best size for any function and use, provides all round fantastic performance
Text input 9/10 A little difficult to teach across the screen with one hand, but perfect size and responsiveness with 2 hands, plenty of typing space.
Display 10/10 The only negative l have about the perfectly sized and coloured display, is that it is not AMOLED and can't give full Ambient Display function like Moto X or Galaxy.
Battery 10/10 Out does iPhone 6+, N5, N6. I get a full 18 hours before I have to plug it in when I go to sleep, and I use my phone a lot... Like A lot.

Pros

• Fantastic Performance
  • Premium Build Quality
  • 4K DCI
  • Perfectly sized screen.
  • Ultra Smooth Running.
  • CHEAP!!!
  • Easier to get than it seems!
  • Custom ROM Support
  • Nexus Line Alt.

Cons

• No AMOLED Display (personal pref.)

gexco alternatives:

klemy
posted on 21 Feb 2015, 03:37 (Posts: 0; Member since: 20 Feb 2015)

Best phone ever I had

klemy has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This phone has surprised me very much. It is not expensive, but it performs just as well as any smartphone from other companies.
His huge size can be disconcert some user. But habits are quickly taken ! :D I will never get back on using my previous phone (N4).

I recommend it !

• 3go of ram
  • 64go of storage
  • CyanogenMod
  • Excellent photo, generaly
  • Large Screen
  • Price !

Cons

• Non-removable battery
  • Speakers are not stereo
  • Not microSD card
  • Lack of accessory
  • Bad photos in low light context

Shamkadiwal
posted on 18 Feb 2015, 18:54 (Posts: 0; Member since: 18 Feb 2015)

Oneplus One OK OK

Shamkadiwal has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

good phone for normal use. Camera=NO CustomerCare=NO(they dont even have call number. If you submit trouble ticket takes week for them to answer. if exchanging the phone takes more then 2 months for exchange process since its goes to asia and multiple shipping comps and support does not help at all even shipping companies are delaying your package and in this mean time they dont even send you new phone you basically will have to send bad one then they will send new so out of phone for over couple of months) Network=Check bands/Frequencies with provider. If you use your cellphone for work or business purpose then dont even think going with oneplus one because if something is wrong with the hardware they will have you ship the device and again that whole process takes over month and they dont give replacement before the exchange process.

Build quality 8/10 Not that good with tmobile. Missing bands
Camera 3/10 Compare to iphone and samsung this is not even close.

Pros

• Good material, big size, processor customization.

Cons

• network reception, no good cases(protection), bad customer service(Actually you can say no customer service at all), camera not that great

Shamkadiwal alternatives:

DuffBrew85
posted on 29 Jan 2015, 08:29 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 May 2013)

Best phone I've used

DuffBrew85 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Not only is this the best phone I've owned, its the best I've ever used. Thought 5.5" was going to be too big and awkward, but after a few days it becomes the norm. Long lasting battery, quick performance and a bunch of storage in a beautiful device. And for half the price of its competitors!

Build quality 9/10 Solid device, no loose parts
Reception 10/10 No problems
Call quality 10/10 Everything's loud and clear
Multimedia 8/10 The stock gallery app is a little underwhelming
Camera 8/10 Good in low light, but could be improved. Full manual controls desired
Text input 9/10 Its almost perfect

• Screen estate
  • 64GB of storage
  • Lots of ram
  • Tap-to-wake
  • Gestures

Cons

DuffBrew85 alternatives:

hgpot
posted on 24 Jan 2015, 07:17 (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)

Loving every minute of it

hgpot has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Basically the best phone I have ever had the pleasure of using. I have had it for a bit over 3 months and I can't put it down. I love the OS (Cyanogenmod 11S) and its customizability, I love the speed of the processing for anything and the LTE in my area is superb. On top of that, I have done zero efforts to limit my usage or save any battery, and I still make it through every single day with a single charge.

Pros

• Lots of storage - 64GB variant hard to fill
  • Lots of speed - Quad Core, LTE
  • Great camera - 13MP + 4K@30fps
  • Great screen - 1080p
  • Good sound - dual speakers
  • Great OS/UI - Cyanogenmod 11S
  • No bloatware
  • $350 off-contract

Cons

• Non-removable battery
  • Speakers are not stereo
  • No SD Card slot (who needs more than 64GB?)
  • Lack of accessory support

hgpot alternatives:

beingreckless
posted on 29 Dec 2014, 13:13 (Posts: 0; Member since: 29 Dec 2014)

Luxury Android Phone with a very affordable price

beingreckless has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This Smartphone is undoubtedly the best Android phone I have ever used . The hardware is absolutely top notch, with great design and build quality, utterly fantastic display, top of the line snapdragon processor, good 13MP camera and a massive 3100mAh battery.
What I love most about this Smartphone is the design and the lovely Black Sandstone finish on the back
Cyanogen Android Rom is undoubtedly the best ROM available right now. Its quite same as the stock Android with many added features and customisation options.

Camera 9/10 Low light photos are not so good!

Pros

• Design and build quality is awesome, Display is top notch, battery backup is too good

Cons

• Bad Low light photos/

wistlo
posted on 29 Dec 2014, 12:12 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Jul 2014)

Great value, flagship in most categories

wistlo has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The OnePlus One is a solid performer. Cyanogenmod is a pleasure to work with, even without root (in fact, I have never bothered to root this device--works wonderfully out of the box without any bloat or uninstallable apps).

I am the kind of user who will run Torque with a set of gauges up while using Maps or Waze for navigation while streaming radio in the background. Other phones start to show limitations under this kind of usage. The OnePlus does not; it seems to ask "Sir, may I have another?".

If cost were no issue I would choose the HTC M7/M8, but two of these Ones can be had for the price of one HTC One (please, Mr. Freemarket, force manufacturers to use unique model names). Also, unlocking the bootloader on the HTC is a more complicated and fraught process.

Call quality 8/10 Decent sound quality, but still sounds like a phone
Multimedia 8/10 The device has dual speakers, but they are positioned together at one end and are monaural, not stereo as originally advertised. The HTC M7/M8 are better devices for viewing video.
Camera 7/10 Flash is too intense up close. The device has difficulty focusing in low light. The Cyanogen camera software is slow to respond. Third party apps such as Google Camera respond much faster, but flash photos appear with half the image illuminated differently. This is a known bug, not yet fixed. Outdoor, sunlit photos are brilliant and beautiful.
UI speed 9/10 No lag at all, except in camera
Everyday usage 9/10 Nearly perfect, except for camera response and low light.
Text input 10/10 Cyanogen has honed the keyboard to a fine art. Speech input works well
Display 10/10 Clear, crisp, consistent colors. Only nitpick is brightness toward low light is tricky to manage. I use the Lux application with manual control for operation in darkness (reading, mostly).
Battery 9/10 Battery lasts all day, recharges quickly, but not remarkably better than other phones in our possession.

Pros

• Reliable and fast response for apps
  • Generous memory space for apps and content (64 Mb version)
  • Cyanogenmod is default for phone, which brings extra goodies such as double-tap to wake
  • Cyanogenmod provides a near ideal Android experience
  • Root supported (unlocked bootloader)

Cons

• Stock camera can be slow to respond
  • Camera flash and focus in low light is a challenge
  • Third Party camera apps do not work correctly with flash

wistlo alternatives: