OnePlus One User Reviews

Build quality9.6/10
Text input9.5/10
Everyday usage9.4/10

narein10
posted on 15 May 2015, 14:34 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 May 2015)

Good phone for a good price

narein10 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This device comes with relatively good specs for a nice cheap price. I have had it for a while now and haven't really found any really big issues that I wasn't able to fix. I moved from having a Samsung galaxy S3 and this phone just overpowered it in every way. Probably one of the best phones on the market for this price. So if you don't have a lot of money to fork out on a S6 or lg g4, this will do nicely.

Build quality 9/10 Feels very sturdy and the sleek design makes it look fantastic. The sandstone texture makes it grippy and feel nice and I wasn't feeling to worried about the chance of me dropping it.
Reception 10/10 Had minor issues but that is just probably the network carrier I am on.
Call quality 10/10 Crispy clear sound. Have had no problems.
Internet 9/10 Browsing is a breeze. Everything flows nicely with very minute lag at times.
Camera 8/10 Had all the features I needed but some photos taken in dim lighting looked quite dark.
UI speed 9/10 Very fast, with the odd moments
Display 9/10 Isn't the best display out there but still is good for viewing photos and videos. Even on full brightness I found it hard to see outside on sunny days.
Battery 10/10 Gets me through the whole day and maybe more. Went on a camping trip for three days and took photos half the time. Just about got me through the three days.

• Good connectivity

Cons

• gestures triggered to easily

Etenity
posted on 13 May 2015, 05:45 (Posts: 0; Member since: 13 May 2015)

The Best Phone.

Etenity has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I never have any problems with OnePlus One. I known what it does not have SD card. So I bot model 64Gb, but not used half of this. And after update to android lollipop - the buttery can live 2 times longer. The camera takes very cool and high quality photos even in dark time. I made photos with stars! The iPhone camere is bulls**t after this. And when you see the price - you understands why OnePlus One is flagman killer

ucancallmenick
posted on 30 Apr 2015, 03:15 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)

Cool phone, when it works

ucancallmenick has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I loved this phone when I first purchased it in November, It was cheap, fast, huge, and stylish. I loved the gesture controls, the camera quality, the personalization, and the storage size (64GB). A few months ago my screen started to act up to the point that it would randomly open apps, pinch and zoom, like pictures on instagram, or send out weird text messages. Then, it could not hold my GPS location, which was really fun navigating and losing satellites in a clear city with plenty of service and GPS while driving somewhere unknown. I contacted their customer support to get help with fixing it, and after two months of emailing them, since there is no phone line or in person store, they still have not fixed the phone or offered to replace it. Plus, my roommate who I got to purchase the phone with an invite is having the same issues and is switching back to his old iPhone out of frustration. I never realized how important customer support is when buying a phone until now, if you're looking for a phone that won't have issues, look elsewhere! Never again will I purchase or recommend a OnePlus phone.

Build quality 8/10 The plastic chrome is easily scratched and doesn't feel premium, but the $350 price justifies it.
Reception 7/10 Sometimes it goes in and out of reception for phone calls and GPS in places that were clear before. Using AT&T.
Internet 10/10 Chrome is bulletproof
Multimedia 8/10 Wish music was easier to load up and view without using Google Play music, which is a ugly and not user-friendly music experience compared to iOS or even my Windows Phones
Camera 10/10 Top notch, one of the best camera phones I've owned, wish some features were easier to access though.
UI speed 9/10 Very fast phone, but occasionally lags
Everyday usage 4/10 Good phone and features, but useless if the screen never works.
Text input 10/10 Google keyboard all the way
Display 4/10 Great looking screen, but it has had so many faults and errors that I can barely use it sometimes
Battery 10/10 Great battery, over a days use

Pros

• Screen size
  • Bamboo StyleSwap Cover
  • Camera Quality
  • Storage Capacity
  • Charging speed
  • Personalization

Cons

• Errors and screen issues
  • Invite system
  • Customer Support
  • Music interface
  • Lack of updates, very infrequent
  • Front camera quality
  • Easy to scratch and damage

ucancallmenick alternatives:

FilippoBriganti
posted on 30 Mar 2015, 12:30 (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Aug 2014)

Solid phone Oneplus!

FilippoBriganti has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

great phone for an excellent price tag and great overall experience! I love the build quality of the phone and also the display is great but it has a yellowish tone which is not cool to see compared to something like the xperia z3 display or even an iphone 6 display! But still a Solid phone

Pros

• software
  • build quality
  • price

Cons

FilippoBriganti alternatives:

Lupy17
posted on 27 Mar 2015, 05:59 (Posts: 4; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)

Oneplus One - Wow!

Lupy17 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I used my Oneplus One in paralel with a Nexus 5 for a couple of weeks. The Nexus 5 was quicker when it was on kitkat, but thinghs leveled out after the lollipop upgrade on my Nexus. The decision to leave the Nexus behind was really easy after this point.
I got used to the size pretty quikly. I can t go back to a 5 incher.

Till this day the Oneplus outperforms the S5, M8, G3, Iphone 5s/6 and even the Note 4 in daily usage. It s something really special in paying 300 euros for hardware that would normaly cost 700 euro.
The camera on the Samsung and Apple phones is better than on this device, but not 400 euros better (by the way, with 400 euros i bought myself a nice Nikon DSLR witch is better than any smartphone camera would every be)

I like phones, I follow the smarphone news every day and I even go in stores to play with smartphones whenever there is a new one.
The build quality on OPO is second to none, the display is superb, the UI is special, the camera is decent and the battery, oh, the battery excellent!

Coming from a Nexus 5, where I really had to be careful about my usage in order to reach home with some juice left in the battery, on this device I can do all my listening to podcasts, photo shooting, web browsing, youtube watching, gps navigating etc and still have 20% after 16 hours of usage. You cannot kill this battery in one day! ( don t be silly, of course you can if really this is your purpose :) )

Still the best phone you could spend your money on!

Build quality 10/10 Not only there is nothing to complain about, but it feels premium!

• 64 GB baby!

Cons

• having to explain to my friends what Oneplus is :)

louisd
posted on 15 Mar 2015, 08:02 (Posts: 2; Member since: 15 Mar 2015)

Great if you have no issues.

louisd has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This is a great phone, as long as you have no issues. I have an annoying issue with video where the camera just pulses in and out of focus, making the videos fairly useless. It's annoying and destroys one of the features of the phone. Getting support is impossible. Weeks before responses and then form letter responses that don't address the issue.

Reception 6/10 Compared to my Moto X 2013 and Moto X 2014 gets reception in less places and LTE in far fewer places.
Internet 5/10 LTE reception on AT&T US is lacking as are LTE speeds.

• Durability

Cons

• Reception
  • Support

gexco
posted on 10 Mar 2015, 12:48 (Posts: 0; Member since: 01 Mar 2015)

Best Phone Available: Size, Specs, Price, Dev Support = 11/10

gexco has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I made the switch from dual owning Nexus 5 and G2, I had to get my hands on a One, so I bought an invite off eBay for $10 in October 2014. Everything from Packaging down to the little Sim removal tool was perfect. Being the largest phone I've owned, I haven't got any complaints: Nexus 5 and G2 out, the One is the best everyday work machine and PDA deviceI have seen or used... 110% reccomend to everyone (plus Custom ROM and Dev Support is everywhere)

Build quality 9/10 Feels like a Premium Device, which it is, not using metals, but experimenting with the Sandstone texture is amazing, first phone that doesn't need a case for me.
Reception 10/10 Compared to my friends on their Nexus 5's and iPhone 6's, my phone gets full reception where theirs gets half. Great!
Call quality 9/10 Quite Clear sound, haven't had any disturbance in quality or dropouts yet.
Internet 9/10 Decent 3G speeds and Incredible 4GX speeds when I get 4G signal.
Multimedia 10/10 Music, Video and Audio Playback is fantastic, dual, stereo speakers really do make a difference.
Camera 9/10 The 13 MP Shooter, has great quality in daylight, but still doesn't do so badly in dark. The 4kDCI Camcording is incredibly crystal clear.
UI speed 10/10 Running CM12 with almost full storage and plenty of applications, the One handles it like a breeze.
Everyday usage 10/10 Best size for any function and use, provides all round fantastic performance
Text input 9/10 A little difficult to teach across the screen with one hand, but perfect size and responsiveness with 2 hands, plenty of typing space.
Display 10/10 The only negative l have about the perfectly sized and coloured display, is that it is not AMOLED and can't give full Ambient Display function like Moto X or Galaxy.
Battery 10/10 Out does iPhone 6+, N5, N6. I get a full 18 hours before I have to plug it in when I go to sleep, and I use my phone a lot... Like A lot.

Pros

• Fantastic Performance
  • Premium Build Quality
  • 4K DCI
  • Perfectly sized screen.
  • Ultra Smooth Running.
  • CHEAP!!!
  • Easier to get than it seems!
  • Custom ROM Support
  • Nexus Line Alt.

Cons

• No AMOLED Display (personal pref.)

gexco alternatives:

klemy
posted on 21 Feb 2015, 03:37 (Posts: 0; Member since: 20 Feb 2015)

Best phone ever I had

klemy has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This phone has surprised me very much. It is not expensive, but it performs just as well as any smartphone from other companies.
His huge size can be disconcert some user. But habits are quickly taken ! :D I will never get back on using my previous phone (N4).

I recommend it !

• 3go of ram
  • 64go of storage
  • CyanogenMod
  • Excellent photo, generaly
  • Large Screen
  • Price !

Cons

• Non-removable battery
  • Speakers are not stereo
  • Not microSD card
  • Lack of accessory
  • Bad photos in low light context

Shamkadiwal
posted on 18 Feb 2015, 18:54 (Posts: 0; Member since: 18 Feb 2015)

Oneplus One OK OK

Shamkadiwal has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

good phone for normal use. Camera=NO CustomerCare=NO(they dont even have call number. If you submit trouble ticket takes week for them to answer. if exchanging the phone takes more then 2 months for exchange process since its goes to asia and multiple shipping comps and support does not help at all even shipping companies are delaying your package and in this mean time they dont even send you new phone you basically will have to send bad one then they will send new so out of phone for over couple of months) Network=Check bands/Frequencies with provider. If you use your cellphone for work or business purpose then dont even think going with oneplus one because if something is wrong with the hardware they will have you ship the device and again that whole process takes over month and they dont give replacement before the exchange process.

Build quality 8/10 Not that good with tmobile. Missing bands
Camera 3/10 Compare to iphone and samsung this is not even close.

Pros

• Good material, big size, processor customization.

Cons

• network reception, no good cases(protection), bad customer service(Actually you can say no customer service at all), camera not that great

Shamkadiwal alternatives:

Nsharp23
posted on 02 Feb 2015, 19:57 (Posts: 0; Member since: 02 Feb 2015)

Any help with an Invite please ?

Nsharp23 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Hello, is there anyone who can invite me to buy a 16G one plus one ? I have been trying for a long time, as a Realtor it would phenomenally help out my work life and personal life! From one phone head to another please help me!! Thank you,
My email is Nsharpccc@gmail.com

DuffBrew85
posted on 29 Jan 2015, 08:29 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 May 2013)

Best phone I've used

DuffBrew85 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Not only is this the best phone I've owned, its the best I've ever used. Thought 5.5" was going to be too big and awkward, but after a few days it becomes the norm. Long lasting battery, quick performance and a bunch of storage in a beautiful device. And for half the price of its competitors!

Build quality 9/10 Solid device, no loose parts
Reception 10/10 No problems
Call quality 10/10 Everything's loud and clear
Multimedia 8/10 The stock gallery app is a little underwhelming
Camera 8/10 Good in low light, but could be improved. Full manual controls desired
Text input 9/10 Its almost perfect

• Screen estate
  • 64GB of storage
  • Lots of ram
  • Tap-to-wake
  • Gestures

Cons

DuffBrew85 alternatives:

hgpot
posted on 24 Jan 2015, 07:17 (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)

Loving every minute of it

hgpot has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Basically the best phone I have ever had the pleasure of using. I have had it for a bit over 3 months and I can't put it down. I love the OS (Cyanogenmod 11S) and its customizability, I love the speed of the processing for anything and the LTE in my area is superb. On top of that, I have done zero efforts to limit my usage or save any battery, and I still make it through every single day with a single charge.

Pros

• Lots of storage - 64GB variant hard to fill
  • Lots of speed - Quad Core, LTE
  • Great camera - 13MP + 4K@30fps
  • Great screen - 1080p
  • Good sound - dual speakers
  • Great OS/UI - Cyanogenmod 11S
  • No bloatware
  • $350 off-contract

Cons

• Non-removable battery
  • Speakers are not stereo
  • No SD Card slot (who needs more than 64GB?)
  • Lack of accessory support

hgpot alternatives:

beingreckless
posted on 29 Dec 2014, 13:13 (Posts: 0; Member since: 29 Dec 2014)

Luxury Android Phone with a very affordable price

beingreckless has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This Smartphone is undoubtedly the best Android phone I have ever used . The hardware is absolutely top notch, with great design and build quality, utterly fantastic display, top of the line snapdragon processor, good 13MP camera and a massive 3100mAh battery.
What I love most about this Smartphone is the design and the lovely Black Sandstone finish on the back
Cyanogen Android Rom is undoubtedly the best ROM available right now. Its quite same as the stock Android with many added features and customisation options.

Camera 9/10 Low light photos are not so good!

Pros

• Design and build quality is awesome, Display is top notch, battery backup is too good

Cons

• Bad Low light photos/

wistlo
posted on 29 Dec 2014, 12:12 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Jul 2014)

Great value, flagship in most categories

wistlo has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The OnePlus One is a solid performer. Cyanogenmod is a pleasure to work with, even without root (in fact, I have never bothered to root this device--works wonderfully out of the box without any bloat or uninstallable apps).

I am the kind of user who will run Torque with a set of gauges up while using Maps or Waze for navigation while streaming radio in the background. Other phones start to show limitations under this kind of usage. The OnePlus does not; it seems to ask "Sir, may I have another?".

If cost were no issue I would choose the HTC M7/M8, but two of these Ones can be had for the price of one HTC One (please, Mr. Freemarket, force manufacturers to use unique model names). Also, unlocking the bootloader on the HTC is a more complicated and fraught process.

Call quality 8/10 Decent sound quality, but still sounds like a phone
Multimedia 8/10 The device has dual speakers, but they are positioned together at one end and are monaural, not stereo as originally advertised. The HTC M7/M8 are better devices for viewing video.
Camera 7/10 Flash is too intense up close. The device has difficulty focusing in low light. The Cyanogen camera software is slow to respond. Third party apps such as Google Camera respond much faster, but flash photos appear with half the image illuminated differently. This is a known bug, not yet fixed. Outdoor, sunlit photos are brilliant and beautiful.
UI speed 9/10 No lag at all, except in camera
Everyday usage 9/10 Nearly perfect, except for camera response and low light.
Text input 10/10 Cyanogen has honed the keyboard to a fine art. Speech input works well
Display 10/10 Clear, crisp, consistent colors. Only nitpick is brightness toward low light is tricky to manage. I use the Lux application with manual control for operation in darkness (reading, mostly).
Battery 9/10 Battery lasts all day, recharges quickly, but not remarkably better than other phones in our possession.

Pros

• Reliable and fast response for apps
  • Generous memory space for apps and content (64 Mb version)
  • Cyanogenmod is default for phone, which brings extra goodies such as double-tap to wake
  • Cyanogenmod provides a near ideal Android experience
  • Root supported (unlocked bootloader)

Cons

• Stock camera can be slow to respond
  • Camera flash and focus in low light is a challenge
  • Third Party camera apps do not work correctly with flash

wistlo alternatives:

paulharry__
posted on 01 Jan 2015, 18:19 (Posts: 0; Member since: 28 Dec 2014)

Review of my OnePlus One

paulharry__ has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

IMO, the best phone out there. I was so happy when I opened the box, you can't imagine. It is a beast, but let me tell you I don't give a damn on these benchmarks like antutu and the other crap. I want a fast UI and great customisation possibilities.

Build quality 10/10 It is very very solid, feels good in the hand. I own the sandstone black version and I promise you it feels so handy and great! As far as the durability is concerned, so far, so good, really nothing bad worth mentioning.
Reception 10/10 Blazing fast. The quadcore power brings it to the ultimate maximum. No lag, simply outrageous.
Call quality 8/10 Yeah, not too good, neither too bad. 8 points for being enough.
Internet 10/10 Again, LTE is superb. No lagging in Chrome, websites open enthusiastically fast.
Multimedia 9/10 Standard Google player is just abnormal and really awful. With the 5.5 inch FHD display video watching is a real pleasure. Install rocket player and music playing is going to be one as well.
Camera 9/10 Daylight: simply beautiful Night: the low light conditions seem to make the device struggle with focusing and quality
UI speed 10/10 As I said, I have never ever used a smooth and fast device like this. CYANOGEN lets you customize everything like it is not possible on any other device.
Everyday usage 10/10 Simply brilliant.
Text input 9/10 As a consequence of me not liking the stock android keyboard I installed SwiftKey keyboard and it's awesome.
Display 10/10 5.5 inch. Full HD. No more words needed.
Battery 10/10 3100 mAh is more than enough. And I tell you what. My battery lasts longer than a day. Actually 2 days.

Pros

• Nice design
  • Great display
  • Long lasting battery
  • Great camera over day
  • CYANOGEN Mod
  • Again CYANOGEN Mod
  • Price tag if you are able to buy one like I was

Cons

• Camera in low light conditions

Jpatt00138
posted on 28 Dec 2014, 06:16 (Posts: 0; Member since: 28 Dec 2014)

Best phone I have ever owned and it was only $350!

Jpatt00138 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

phone I owned. Honestly I would recommend this phone to everyone. I didn't have any trouble buying this phone, Oneplus seems to have it available without an invite at least once a month (since October when in bought mine anyways). Cm11s can be customized in just about anyway you can think of.

Build quality 10/10 Feels sturdy, unlike my old s3 which felt cheap even though it was a great phone.
Call quality 10/10 Great call quality.
Camera 10/10 I really love the camera, much better than my gs3 and a lot better than my mom's nexus 5
UI speed 10/10 Cm11s is absolutely the best android experience I have ever had, smoothest running phone ever!
Battery 10/10 Longest lasting battery of any phone I have ever had.

Pros

• Price
  • Large screen
  • Build quality
  • Lots of ram
  • Plenty if storage (64 GB)
  • CM11s

Cons

• Unable to hang up calls with head set (xiaomi pistons)

shubham.dhand
posted on 19 Dec 2014, 00:51 (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)

best phone in this price range

shubham.dhand has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

everything about this phone is so damn awesome. Ilove the phone, specially its battery life and less charge time.
I loved its back panel SANDSTONE back and phone s sturdy and gives premium feel when holded in hand.

• 5.5 inch HD beautiful screen
  • front camera
  • build quality

Cons

• there are some screen problems like yellow tinge or dead pixels in many cases
  • back camera is not upto the mark

cesko91
posted on 20 Nov 2014, 11:29 (Posts: 0; Member since: 28 Jul 2014)

The cheapest of the best smartphone

cesko91 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

The first phone of Cyanogen.inc is very successful. It has the top class smartphone's specifications with a small price. The built quality, despite of chinese brand's stereotipes is good, and the camera allows to take very good photos in every condition. The screen is very briliant, the size of 5,5 is a must for 2014 phone and it can be used also with one hand. The Cyanogen OS made the phone very reactive: the UI is very fluid. It is one of the best phone of the moment, probably the best for 300$. The real problem is get the phone: the invite system and the pre-order queque are very annoying.

Build quality 10/10 The back cover is wonderful, the Gorilla glass let my screen feel safe.
Reception 9/10 I have never had problems. It seems to be quite fast to change 3G/4G when possible
Call quality 10/10 No problem, very good quality.
Internet 9/10 It has 4G connectivity but not LTE Advanced option. In 2014 it is not a problem because it is available only in few places.
Multimedia 10/10 Very good quality of sound and video.
Camera 9/10 Very good, it has a lot of effects and a magnificent HDR. Probably there are phone with a better camera, but I love its.
UI speed 10/10 The UI is very responsivethanks to the official ROM (Cyanogen11S) which is not heavy and the incredible RAM of 3 GB
Everyday usage 10/10 With this phone you can do anything you need.
Text input 10/10 The big screen allows to text very fast
Display 10/10 Brilliant color and high PPI. Maybe other phones have an higher PPI but the eye can't apprectiate the difference
Battery 10/10 The battery lasts for more than a day of normal usage.

Pros

• High quality/price ratio
  • Incredible UI Speed
  • Very Good Camera
  • Top phone specification
  • LTE connectivity
  • Cyanogen 11S

Cons

• No AM-FM Radio/IR sensor
  • No expandable memory (microSD)

cesko91 alternatives:

Prof_Choda
posted on 03 Nov 2014, 00:15 (Posts: 0; Member since: 02 Nov 2014)

OnePlus One Best Smart Phone I've Used

Prof_Choda has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I've owned the Samsung Galaxy S, S2, S3, and S4. I typically root my phones because I can't stand the garbage that Samsung adds to android. Owning the OnePlus One has been such an incredible relief with having Cyanogenmod as the stock Rom which means the phone is pure android plus more customization without adding any unwanted junk. I haven't owned the iPhone 6, HTC M8, Samsung S5, or LG G3 so my review might be a little biased. In terms of battery, I've never been able to go though a day without charging any of my Samsung phones. With the OnePlus One, I have the same number of apps and use it more often then I did my Samsung phones and it lasts one and a half to two full days! I couldn't ask for more of an awesome phone. The only drawback I can think of is that it does not have a metal frame. I purchased a $2 aluminum bumper which solves that problem. For those who think that not having an SD card slot is a downside to this 32GB phone, it's time to start using the cloud!
Cheers

Pros

• Best android ROM in the world comes stock (Cyanogenmod)
  • Amazing battery life due to battery and Cyanogenmod
  • Awesome build quality with textured back so no slippage
  • Great sounding speakers
  • Very inexpensive
  • Quick bug fixes and support due to OnePlus only producing one phone

Cons

• No metal frame but $2 aluminum bumper can be purchased

backhole
posted on 12 Oct 2014, 09:13 (Posts: 0; Member since: 12 Oct 2014)

best one for the price

backhole has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

i replace cell phone every two years. i don't want to pay $700--$1000 for a phone anymore. its fast and smooth with amazing 13mp camera. overall, great phone for $491 only , no complain at all...............................................​..................

Text input 9/10 the battery life isn't that good

Pros

• nice and big screen

wwjd_kb
posted on 08 Oct 2014, 00:43 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 Oct 2014)

Mark L

wwjd_kb has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This device has unparalleled value; it packages decent specs without sacrificing the design and build quality. Cyanogenmod 11S works so well on the phone thus provides excellent user experience. Despite the fact that the gestures can be easily triggered, they can still be turned off or improved via software updates.

Build quality 10/10 I like the simple, sleek, and ergonomic design of the phone without unnecessary details. This is really a surprise, I thought the design would be the trade-off of the price for this power house, and it turns out the opposite.
Reception 9/10 Overall reception is good, nothing bad enough to annoy me.
Call quality 10/10 The call quality is actually quite good. I've never experienced any major issue so far.
Internet 9/10 Internet works well, no obvious problems.
Multimedia 9/10 Multimedia is actually excellent; however, the location of the speaker sometimes makes it easy to be covered by my hand while watching video.
Camera 9/10 Camera interface is simple and full of functions. The shutter is pretty fast and it can shoot some decent photos. The only downside is comes under low-light situation, where it's better switching to HDR or Slow Shutter modes.
UI speed 10/10 Cyanogenmod is excellent, and this is the major reason I wanted this phone so bad. Light, speedy, no bloatwares yet extremely tweakable comparing to stock Android.
Everyday usage 10/10 This phone works perfectly in terms of daily usage. I'm pretty much satisfied. One more thing, I really like the face identification feature, which is a bonus.
Text input 10/10 With the big screen and decent UI and processor, no problem in this one.
Display 9/10 Though the pixel density isn't that high, the display is still good enough to provide accurate color and crisp images.
Battery 10/10 The battery life is excellent, it lasts more than a day and a half on average.

Pros

• Big and crisp display
  • Simple and sturdy build
  • Cyanogenmod preinstalled
  • Excellent battery life
  • Great value

Cons

• Very hard to get(due to the invite system)
  • Gestures too easy to trigger

antmiu2
posted on 06 Oct 2014, 22:02 (Posts: 260; Member since: 19 Jun 2011)

Best phone for the Money

antmiu2 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

C'mon Son! Compare this to the s5, M8, Z2/Z3, G3, and the specs are similar or better at half the price! It's hard to get because of the invite system, but there will be a pre order system soon. And this phone is definitely worth the wait and hoops jumping.

Build quality 10/10 For $350 you get a premium build quality, it feels sturdy with no creeking. this phone feels better in the hand than plasticky phones (cough samsung cough). The sandstone black is the coolest back cover material to touch. The raised display and the chrome border gives it extra points in design details.. Just make sure you get a screen protector for it because the screen is raised. People say the bezels are too big but I much prefer hardware keys rather than on screen, the great thing is that you can choose which to use.
Reception 10/10 Very good. I always have a lot of signal strength even when I go to the countrysides (campo). In my case La Vega, Dom. Rep.
Call quality 10/10 Best call quality I've ever had, that's not saying much since this is the first flagship I own but it I hear all my conversations loud and clear and for the first time I can actually use speakerphone without an issue so thats a 10
Internet 10/10 No problems here.. Unlocked GSM working in Dominican Republic with Claro at 850mhz GSM/UMTS and it can support Orange and Viva. if you live in the States it wont work with Verizon nor Sprint I guess
Multimedia 10/10 Does this mean the speakers? While not quite the dual front facing stereo speakers on the M8 still beats any back facing speaker as they sound very good and loud. The massive 3GB of RAM is the best for multitasking... I can finally answer a phone call while in a game lol
Camera 9/10 I know this phone doesn't have the best camera out there and I am not a camera expert but the quality is amazing! My previous phone was an Atrix HD with that awful 8MP. I never was a picture guy before, but this camera is encouraging me to take more pictures. The effects work great.. I use beauty mode and it photoshop my face to look smooth and clean lol.. Low light light conditions makes the picture noisy, but night mode helps a lot and HDR makes Colors jump out. I only wish it had a faster auto-focus, but then again I rarely take pictures. I haven't tested the video recorder, but I like that you take pictures while recording and the slow-motion feature.
UI speed 9/10 Caynogenmod as the official ROM is a dream come true. I've always hacked my older phones to install caynogenmod on them lol. By far the best UI in the mainstream. Very fast, zero bloatware, No lag at all but you might run into a couple of bugs as ghost touch which will hopefully be addressed in the next update
Everyday usage 9/10 pretty good. I was scared about the size but im use to it now. I won't be using it on the streets because it can easily get snatched for the big size and sometimes uncomfortable for single hand use (I have small hands)
Text input 10/10 What does this have to do with the phone? The screen size in portrait makes it nice and easy to type since its big but not much in width, just put swiftkey on it and call it a day
Display 10/10 5.5 IPS 1080p display looks as great as it should for an LCD. I was scared that the screen size was too big.. Jumping from a 4.5 (Atrix HD) to 5.5 but I love it now and I'm spoiled now, I can't go back down to a smaller size even though I can barely grip this phone lol.
Battery 10/10 3100maH is the biggest battery I've had and the reviews are true!! It lasts very long with moderate use. Now I can't have another phone that would last less than this ever.

Pros

• Price is amazing and its unlocked
  • Top of the line specs
  • Cynogenmod as official ROM
  • Excellent Battery Life
  • Big beautiful display at 1080p
  • Great Design and premium feel
  • Ability to choose between on screen and capacitve keys
  • Did I mention the price?

Cons

• Availability
  • Not waterproof
  • No Micro-SD Support
  • A few bugs

hunathetuna
posted on 16 Sep 2014, 20:53 (Posts: 0; Member since: 16 Sep 2014)

Best phone for the value

hunathetuna has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

got an invite and this phone has amazed me. It looks great and functions great and very inexpensive. The camera is amazing with 13mp and 4k video especially slow motion 120fps. Also the battery is great and lasts plenty enough for a day.

Pros

Cons

• Easy to damage (lifted display)

Morning
posted on 13 Sep 2014, 12:24 (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Jan 2014)

Best phone I ever used

Morning has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone destroys every other phone mainly because of its build and useful software features . This is hard to get but if you can get it do so. Specs are as good as they can get but the software I think is the best .

Pros

• Camera,Build

canfood
posted on 13 Sep 2014, 12:02 (Posts: 0; Member since: 13 Sep 2014)

Best phone for the price!

canfood has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

The best for the price! Can only be compared with the phones that cost twice as much, or even more! :D I love this phone, i use it with 4g 3 houres 5 days a week while i am listening to music and playing on it but in the evening it still has 25% battery left! And my 4g is always on!

Display 8/10 Maybe a lilltle to big, i would preffere a little smaller.
Battery 10/10 Last allday long!

Pros

• Price
  • Quality
  • Cyanogenmod 11s
  • Android
  • StyleSwap cover
  • High dpi screen

Cons

• Big screen
  • No gorilla glass
  • Not the best cammara
  • No memory-card expansion
  • Invite system