OPPO Find 5 User Reviews

ivanprskalo
posted on 19 Aug 2014, 01:44 (Posts: 113; Member since: 09 Dec 2010)

Amazing phone, well done Oppo.

ivanprskalo has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Build of this phone is Strong selling point, better built than anything I ever seen, and I saw HTC One M7 and M8... Believe me, this one is even sturdier, impressive to hold in hand..
Reception: Where I got one to two bars of 3G (or H+) with my LG G2 ond Samsung Note 2 and and with galaxy S5... In that areas Oppo Find 5 excels with 3 to 4 barrs of 3g and/or H+... (I have to mention that Galaxy S4 looses signal there all the time and LG G2 puts me to 2G.
Well done Oppo, once again.
Later I switched to CM 11. Also good option.
For some reason I didn't enjoy typing on this device, maybe because of the bit weird vibration feedback, maybe because of something else related to screen sensitivity with display protector applied... Stock keyboard was nice (swipe keyboard), later I tried Swift key (my usual choice) and didn't get results...

Build quality 10/10 Strong selling point, better built than anything I ever seen, and I saw HTC One M7 and M8... Believe me, this one is even sturdier, impressive to hold in hand..
Reception 10/10 Where I got one to two bars of 3G (or H+) with my LG G2 ond Samsung Note 2 and and with galaxy S5... In that areas Oppo Find 5 excels with 3 to 4 barrs of 3g and/or H+... (I have to mention that Galaxy S4 looses signal there all the time and LG G2 puts me to 2G. Well done Oppo, once again.
Call quality 10/10 Call quality is good, could be louder, but generally good sound is coming trough and other sides didn't complain like they did when I speak with them on G2..
Internet 10/10 Owns internet!
Multimedia 10/10 Awesome display plus very good chipset produces amazing multimedia experience.
Camera 9/10 Camera is generally good, especially in daylight but it is not very good in low light conditions. Well, that is to be expected, although dual led helps sometimes.
UI speed 10/10 Color OS is nice, I like it, it is very intuitive, has many toggles which I like, many customization options, and updates come very often. Later I switched to CM 11. Also good option.
Everyday usage 9/10 It is great phone. I only have one complain about everyday's usage: small area of sensitivity of capatitive buttons. In my opinion they should be bigger, easier to press, and back should be on left side!
Text input 9/10 For some reason I didn't enjoy typing on this device, maybe because of the bit weird vibration feedback, maybe because of something else related to screen sensitivity with display protector applied... Stock keyboard was nice (swipe keyboard), later I tried Swift key (my usual choice) and didn't get results and comfort that I need, so I ended up with google keyboard, which it seem to be the best choice for this device (IMHO)
Display 10/10 Awesome and glorious.. Beautiful.
Battery 8/10 Display and chipset drains this baby too much. I know that 2500 mAh would be enough for Snapdragon 800 or 801 chipset because they seem to be more battery efficient. Also, when I switched to CM 11 (4.4.4) I saw a lot of battery improvement.

Pros

• Build quality!
  • Build quality, so good that I have mention it twice! :-)
  • RAM (lots of it)
  • Internal memory (I have 32GB model)
  • Goregeuos Full HD 5
  • Thin, good looking.
  • Reception king.
  • Speed UI.
  • Excellent multitasker.
  • Lots of customization options, especially with screen off gestures.

Cons

• Sometimes takes long to get GPS lock.
  • Only 2GB space for app installation - there is workaround on XDA for that.
  • Capacitive buttons-Somewhat and sometimes unresponsive, not easy to press (find)
  • Power button on left side takes time to get use to... Double tap to wake helps.

ivanprskalo alternatives: