x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
Update brings some of Nokia X2's software features to the Nokia X, X+, and XL

Update brings some of Nokia X2's software features to the Nokia X, X+, and XL

posted: 28 Jul 2014, 08:58

The Android-powered Nokia X family of devices, which has a pretty dim future ahead of it, as select representatives will be revamped to Windows Phone ones, recently got expanded with the Nokia X2, a successor...

Microsoft CEO says some Nokia X devices will be revamped to Windows Phone ones

Microsoft CEO says some Nokia X devices will be revamped to Windows Phone ones

posted: 17 Jul 2014, 08:49

There are lot of news coming from Redmond today. For starters, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella's not-so-pleasant disclosure that the company will give the pink slips to roughly 18,000 workers (12,500 of which...

Microsoft and Gameloft are giving away several games to all Nokia X devices until August 31

Microsoft and Gameloft are giving away several games to all Nokia X devices until August 31

posted: 09 Jul 2014, 02:49

The tech giant has teamed up with Gameloft, one of the largest publishers of mobile games, in order to procure its latest promotion.

Nokia X2 vs Nokia X vs Nokia XL: specs comparison

Nokia X2 vs Nokia X vs Nokia XL: specs comparison

posted: 24 Jun 2014, 07:42

We put the Nokia X2 up against the Nokia X in a hardware specs battle in order to see how Microsoft's latest fares against its predecessor. We've also thrown in a Nokia XL for a good measure...

How to root the Nokia X, Nokia X+, and the Nokia XL

How to root the Nokia X, Nokia X+, and the Nokia XL

posted: 18 Mar 2014, 03:11

The interface overlay might be called Nokia X UI 1.0, but, since we have the open-source Android platform underneath, the phones can have different launchers installed, which we demonstrated for you at the MWC. They can also be rooted,...

Nokia XL and X+ both have 4GB MicroSD cards pre-installed

Nokia XL and X+ both have 4GB MicroSD cards pre-installed

posted: 17 Mar 2014, 16:46

The Nokia X+ and Nokia XLl have more to offer than the regular Nokia X model. Even so, they're still entry-level smartphones that won't cost much...

Yes, Nokia's X phones are Android-based, but will regular users know, or care?

Yes, Nokia's X phones are Android-based, but will regular users know, or care?

posted: 28 Feb 2014, 23:57

Nokia has turned to Android for its new family of affordable smartphones, but most users may not see these devices as "Android phones" - and they may not care what OS they're using...

75% of Android apps ready to work on Nokia X phones, the rest must ditch the Google

75% of Android apps ready to work on Nokia X phones, the rest must ditch the Google

posted: 25 Feb 2014, 03:36

75% of regular Android apps are ready to run on the X series without modifications. The other 25% are incompatible due to their reliance on Google services for push notifications, maps, and in-app...

Stephen Elop explains how the Android-powered Nokia X fits into Microsoft's ecosystem

Stephen Elop explains how the Android-powered Nokia X fits into Microsoft's ecosystem

posted: 24 Feb 2014, 10:00

There have been a lot of questions surrounding Nokia's decision to use Android in its new line of low-end devices with the Nokia X, X+, and XL. We have been getting a lot of those answers today,...

Nokia X and Nokia X+ hands-on: a promising start

Nokia X and Nokia X+ hands-on: a promising start

posted: 24 Feb 2014, 05:47

It is still a bit hard to believe that Nokia just jumped on board the Android bandwagon, yet here we are, holding the Android-powered Nokia X and Nokia X+. These two, however, feel and act like anything but Android handsets, which is not necessarily...

Latest stories