Nokia N82 User Reviews

Kent
posted on 10 Sep 2009, 09:20

The Best Nseries

Nokia N82 is the best Nseries:best 5Megapixels cameraphone with xenon flash and autofocushardware accelerator for better gaming and videodual 332Mhz processor and 128Mb RAM for fast and smooth performancetwo stereo speaker with 3D ringtones effect  3.5mm audio jack for external loudspeakertv-out function with tv-out cable included

posted on 04 Jul 2009, 08:01

i hate nokia and this mobile ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

truth
posted on 04 Jul 2009, 07:55

n82

The N82 Oh MY God
I hated so Much .i bought it when it was available in my country then I sell it after only one monthe
5 mp is written on his camera but it is very disgusting
The sound is very low and stupid
The screen change its direction even if you don’t change his direction
So Slow idont Know why
The wifi is nice and the Video is nice
The Screen's colours so so so so bad
Isnt strong
The Nokia should fix it
I AM sorry N82 but it is the truth  I tried it

Pros

• nothing

RLAAMJR.
posted on 10 Jun 2009, 23:53 (Posts: 0; Member since: 01 Jan 2011)

The best!

All i can say is that N82 really rocks. Why I went for it? Cos it has a lot of features that other multimedia cellphones have. The great things about N82 is that it's not a slide nor a touchscreen so you should expect your cellphone to be more invulnerable and live/operate longer. the keypad ( the best keypad for me is the nokia 3530's keypad) may be a discouragement but after using it after a day or two, you'll actually won't be bothered about it at all. I don't have a problem now texting with those little buttons. Anyway, I went for the black N82 cos it looks cooler. The best thing about N82 is the camera with xenon flash cos even on low light or darkness, picture is still clear. no problem with wifi cos you can really play videos in youtube without any problem. and it's the only nokia that has a xenon flash, that's why i could say it's the best unit for Nokia.

Pros

• excellent features
  • the only Nokia unit with a xenon flash

Yabai.Youth
posted on 11 Apr 2009, 05:52

Excellent Phone (not user friendly)

Nokia's N82 is an excellent phone. I would say that the performance would be perfect; if it were not for the semi-sluggishness and the stability of the OS. The processor is not the best; so patience is the key to multitasking on the N82. WiFi can be difficult at times; depending on the strngth of the signal, it can slow to connect with unfamiliar access points. The phone can become difficult at times, mostly when troubleshooting and resolving problems; so I would not recommend this phone to anyone who does not have any computer experience or has a short fuse.
  With the bad points out of the way, the N82 is a wonderful smart phone. With the wide range of applications available, it is truly is compact PC in your pocket. An example of some applications I currently carry on my device include Fring, Widsets, Sport Tracker, Adobe PDF Reader, Quickoffice (an application to read and modify PDF, Excel, and word documents), Barcode scanner, Divx Player, and even a Bit Torrent client called SymTorrent.
  GPS is one of the most useful applications on the phone. Along with Nokia Map you can usually find any location by punching in address or store name directly into the system. A downside to the GPS system would be the long connection time the phone takes to connect to the satellites. Due to the weakness of the GPS reciever it usually takes around five minutes outdoors to connect and is rarely able to do so in the car. A hint would be to stand outside and connect the GPS...

• Xenon Flash

• Small Keys

Sam Wang
posted on 09 Feb 2009, 23:35

BEST PHONE EVER! :D

Best phone ever. The camera is awesome. The wifi is awesome. S60 is awesome. I also like the keyboard a lot!(I know, a lot of people hate the keyboard but I love it :D) GPS is a plus. Altogether, this is my favorite phone yet.

Pros

Cons

• Build quality could be better
  • Phone could be slimmer

posted on 23 Jan 2009, 12:07

nokia believes people are stupid and will put up with their crummy support. i've had problems with this since the day i bought it and they don't want to help. everytime they keep telling me, sir we wil email you the solution to your problem. WHY FREAKIN TELL ME OVER THE PHONE!!!! nokia thinks people are made of money.
they sent me an email saying they couldn't fix cell phone problem that i need to buy a new one or pay for repairs. i just bought the darn thing. only had it for 1 day and it's giving a heap load of trouble. Nokia said its my fault!!! ridiculous
they sent a borken phone from their facility in europe to here in america thinking that americans are dumb and are gonna put up with their BS. the box the phone came in was intact. the original nokia hologram sticker was intact. and the phone was messed up. if there was bumping and jumping that the phone went through i would've noticed damages on the box like a like dent and scratch here and there. but the box was perfect. nokia decided to throw their garbage in to a box and have it shipped faraway from their location.

Pros

Cons

• battery has many issues, it fails to properly provide energy for the screen
  • nokia customer care
  • buttons are very small
  • i bought this straight from nokia, had the shipping and handling taken care of and what happens they send me a broken because they think they can dump garbage on american.

Navita
posted on 08 Jan 2009, 17:01

NICE! its a very cool phone!

well, i change my lg shine (total crap!) for this nokia n82, and its an awesome phone! i love it!... the camera is exelent!... i like the speakers!.. the hotkeys bla bla bla!... and i insall some very cool apps like msn, opera, nokia radio, and a lot of games!... i just think that the screen should have been a little bigger.. but still very nice!
i use a lot the GPS when i travel, and.. sometimes the reception takes like 10 mins.. but still is the greatest one

• reception
  • flash
  • zoom
  • apps
  • speakers
  • speedometer
  • gps

Cons

• screen size
  • little tiny keys

Roman
posted on 28 Dec 2008, 06:13

a pice of schit

I hate Nokia, I hate this phone... it is a pice of schit

RippSpeed
posted on 19 Nov 2008, 23:46

Pile Of JUNK!!!Nokia your quality control has gone down hill

I bought this Phone from ImportGSM.com hoping it would live up to all the Hype!!! Man picture quality blows the N95 8GB out of the water... But, 2 days later the mic started messing up on me ... And I was one of the unlucky ones with a N82 with a faulty / Manufacturer Defect mic ...
I was soo disappointed with this thing. I returned and luckily for me ImportGSM.com had great customer service. Wished NOKIA shaped up but because of this phone and the N95 8gb I bought after this one. I have jumped ship(brands) and now a LG user.

Pros

• -High picture quality
  • -Great Video recording
  • -Better than N95 8gb GPS
  • -AWESOME FLASH

Cons

• -NOKIA's quality control
  • -hangs up a few times
  • -turns off out of no where
  • -Slower processor than N95 8gb

Eugene
posted on 12 Nov 2008, 06:25

New Era of Telephony!!!

I had changed to a N82 black from my previous beloved N73ME for more than 5 months now. and i would like to give an brief review here.
Its a decent cameraphone
Since its graded as a 5mp Carl Zeiss camera phone with Xenon-flash which makes it somehow feels like a Mid-range digital camera. It is the best Camera phone ever, it is why it won so many camera(phone) awards. :-)
In my opinion
Somehow the display screen is not as what i had expected earlier as the display is somwhow fishy as in 2.4" 16m QVGA TFT display, but 2.4" is juz way too small to me for such a power house. it shud be at least 2.6". and if u compare it to a N73, the display is dimmer even it was set to the highest point of brightness. Its dim, as in direct sunlight, its even dimmer. :-(  The accelerometer above the screen provides joy too, as u can rotate the screen according to ur orientation or install accelerometer softwares like nGun, nSlap, Nokmote etc. to joy up ur everyday. The speaker provides stereo and decent sound too, but somehow it is not as good as my previous N73ME though, because the sound breaks and cracks when u boosts the volume to the MAX. For a music lover lie me, i tried using earphone and headphones to play some bass and treble tunes, but it is juz not as good as the N81 which provides good sound quality and the volume is juz nice. On the other hand, the N82 gives out lower volume and less bass as in earphone state. i will nid to get another music phone to actually replace its music function...

Pros

• Best Camera!, Good performance, good functionality, wide range of connectivity options, supports 8GB, Xenon-flash, graphic accelerometer, ASR( Auto rotation screen), N-gage gaming zone, 3.5mm audio jack.

Cons

• No Navi wheel, Sound cracks and breaks at the MAX volume,lack of bass, app manager crash, fishy display size, dim display, fishy keypad, odd multimedia key placing, average battery life, Squeaky keypad housing, Classic design for a N-series.

posted on 02 Nov 2008, 04:34

Very Good phone, only squeaky keyboard is a little annoying

posted on 29 Oct 2008, 05:22

this phone is frozen in time. every second it's freezing on me and sometimes it automatically restarts on itself. it annoying me. i updated the firmware and stuff and still i'm having problems with it.

Pros

• xenon flash
  • 5mpx cam

Cons

• too much freezing and restarting
  • buttons are a bit too small for me

devilz
posted on 28 Aug 2008, 00:31 (Posts: 2; Member since: 28 Aug 2008)

The N82 effect

I have been using the N82 for almost 1 year now, love it to bits. Here are just my 2 cents worth... * N82 vs N95 * For those who plans to buy between the N82 or N95, consider the earphones placement. N95 is definitely not a wise choice as it's earphone's jack is at the side. N95 has a slightly bigger screen, and has dedicated music keys. Those those could be advantageous, it doesn't matter to me at all. Since I'm an audiophile, I'd like to put my phone in my pocket, and wouldn't want my pants to break the earphone's jack. * N82 vs N81 * You can't compare N82 to N81 as N81 is more of a gaming phone. N82's camera quality is superb! Easily beats the N95/any SE/LG/Samsung camera phones. * Audio quality * I was impressed by the acoustics of the N82, when I plugged in my Creative EP-630 (bought for S$40). The audio clarity was superb, even my iPod Touch couldn't handle. Crispy clear treble/deep bass are just what I look in the audio. If you want the best audio quality, pair it with a noise-isolation earphones, you'll immediately fall in love with it. * Picture Quality * I used F480, K850i, and LG Viewty (all of these are 5MP camera), non of those can give me the best image quality I dream of. To me, the Xenon flash of Viewty has washed out images, and F480 has a lot of white balance issues. My K850i didn't give as much impression as I thought it would, I sold it after 2 days of use. Although the N82 does not have Panorama capabilities, you can use a symbian application to do...

Pros

• Great Camera, the best
  • Fast for a symbian
  • Up to 8 gb mem
  • Sound superb
  • Solid Built
  • Cool phone...

Cons

• None...

Michelle
posted on 11 Aug 2008, 06:42

n82 best phone ive ever used

this is by far the best phone i have ever used. i've been using the n82 for about 2 months now and it is just spectacular. the pictures come out great, the gps works great, the sound quality is great. i love taking pictures with it, its so handy! only down side is its itsy bitsy buttons, which work fine but could've been soooo much better.

ive used the iphone, voyager, sidekick, and blackberry before and this phone just takes the cake. you just can't beat its features. OH and black is so much prettier than the silver one, they should make it in other colors too though, that'll be awesome

porter
posted on 06 Aug 2008, 08:46 (Posts: 0; Member since: 06 Aug 2008)

It's not bad...

I have it for almost 3 months now... I've expected more ... The soft is almost the same as previos models of Symbian :( The camera is ok, sometimes I don't like the autofocus , but the video is fine - 30 FPS. WiFi is good too, the screen and resolution could be bigger, CPU is fast, and 128 RAM is almost enough :) Keyboard is good, but I hate "favourite" key (over "c" button).
In the end - it's not bad phone, but... I don't believe that this model is Nokia's best - they can do much more! I'm waiting for Features Pack 2 and some touchscreen thin model :)

Rick
posted on 03 Aug 2008, 01:37

Still happy

After 4 months I'm still happy with this phone. The D pad is a little tough to use and the keyboard may not be the best but overall with the camera and GPS this is the best phone I have ever had. The battery lasts 2 days on average. I haven't had phone envy since I got it.

N82 userz
posted on 24 Jul 2008, 12:09

I loViN' it!!!

N82 is perfect!!!HAHA!!!i got a BLACK ONE!!!!
i can say is better than n95!!!!

BUT THERE ARE SOME PROBLEM...

a)SCREEN TOO SMALL
b)WEAK BATTERY LIFE(SOMETIMES)
c)DELETE PICTURE WAY TOO SLOW!!!

Superb
posted on 15 Jul 2008, 14:43

Im LOvin IT

gyz im going to be krazy after purchazing ma n82 its really Awesome clossal outstanding and much more Etc man the cell fone is really great CAMERA wid Zenon iz great best alternate choice from big bulky slider N95
Really great fone

iolo003
posted on 07 Jul 2008, 10:22

Best Phone To Date

The phone to date is the best among nokia's product line. N95 8GB is a great phone but the size and price are deal breakers, N78 fell short with camera pixel among others. N82 has it all, style, size, features, usability, fare price. To good to be true.

Shaleah
posted on 18 Jun 2008, 02:02

The True Winner

I don't know why some hate this phone, maybe their just jealous that this phone has the best feature and they don't own one and envy us, owners of Nokia N82 hahaha, I have the black edition by the way, just recently brought one!! I just don't understand why the price of the phone went up here in the Philippines, 2 weeks ago it was just P18,500 on ebay then by last week, time when I bought one, It was already P19,300, does this mean that the demand increased that's why their was a price increase? Its suppose to go down as months pass by. Other phones prices went down big time.

iolo003
posted on 18 Jun 2008, 01:44

Best Phone Ever

To date, among the available phone in the market, this is the best so far, being the most complete phone with the most number of features on board. The camera is its biggest asset, being a traveler by profession and a picture enthusiast, it has gave me satisfying images, worthy of praise. I'm very happy and very satisfied with this phone and to date I haven't found a phone that can replace it. There have been new phones that were announced recently but really fail to impress me, the phone that could replace this is not yet made, I saw the Sony Ericsson C905 with 8megapixel camera but knowing the fact that Sony Ericsson fell short many times in the camera department, this have not change my preference and using it with a slide is a big deal thats why I'm not in to it. Ive been using this for 4 months already and haven't found any problem with it.

zenith
posted on 13 Jun 2008, 04:12

I just bought this phone for a week and i really2 enjoy using it!! especially the camera (and the xenon flash too)! the GPS is good too, really2 usefull . (especially if your a traveler kind of person who likes to visit new places...and not good with directions) and with WLAN(WiFi) and HSDPA , it's really easy to browse the web..my n82 battery stands for about 2 days ,the things that i don't like is the...keypads which is very tiny, and the high price tag!!!

Imam Gunawan
posted on 11 May 2008, 11:45

Perhaps one of the best

I am not fan with Nokia brand,I used Siemens (M35, ME45, SX1) before this..So I decided to change my old phone into this new phone.I searched and my choice is Nokia N82, since its features and many things I want in a phone.
So far I must say..this is my 1st Nokia phone, and certainly the best phone I ever own so far, You have almost everything. Put this way, after a month I bought this phone. I still excited every single day, and haven't learned everything this phone offered. Many new things you will encounter...Go for it,though this phone classified as expensive, but if you have budget for it.than this is the phone you are looking for

Jack
posted on 26 Apr 2008, 17:10

The best mobile ...

First of all, the mobile phone to beat today is not the N82 and N95, for a faster processing q N95 (tested the two side by side), also has infinitely better q N95 camera, it is no coincidence that " N82 "is the best Smartphone to buy, I am a happy owner of the N82 ... Note 10