Nokia Lumia 930 User Reviews

Camera9.7/10
Multimedia9.4/10
Internet9.7/10

TasosF
posted on 07 Oct 2014, 07:06 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 Oct 2014)

Best WP!

TasosF has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

My first WP! At first i had doubts about changing from Android to WP, but in time my phone proved to me that it is my most important partner. Microsoft provides great apps for every task and the collaboration between hardware and software is the best!

Build quality 10/10 Strongest phone i have ever held!
Call quality 10/10 4 microphones, HD voice!
Internet 8/10 Internet Explorer needs improvement! And currently other great browsers do not exist in Windows Store. P.S. Most Web browser developers will soon start working towards WP!
Multimedia 8/10 Xbox Music needs improvement!
UI speed 10/10 No lag! Lightning fast!
Everyday usage 9/10 Bigger battery would be great!
Text input 10/10 Beatiful keyboard UI! Fast and smart word proccesing!

sljivan
posted on 08 Sep 2014, 02:30 (Posts: 0; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)

My First WP smartphone

sljivan has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

My last phone (like many others) was Nokia with Symbian OS - E7. So I was looking for a new OS since Symbian is one and a half foot in the grave, but I didn't want to give up on some known Nokia qualities, so decided to stick with it and was NOT dissapointed.
Before Lumia I had a chance to try Android and disliked very much the necessity of internet and google access.
Some of the things from symbian I miss (like much less customisation is available, dictionary for symbian was a killer,...), but then I am reasonable user. I got some other things I didn't have on Symbian (speed, much more apps, sensors work better...).
Today I am pleased with this phone. Like it very much and use it gladly.
It is robust, very good built, amazing display and camera, very good battery, enough space on phone (and cloud). Watching movies on it is some experience.
I recommend.

Build quality 10/10 I can not find anything lacking. Everything is firm and solid. No cracking. Glass is resistant. Feels great in hand. No SIM tray problems (like other users).
Reception 10/10 Nothing to complain about. Works better than my old E7 (GSM, Bluetooth, WiFI... everything).
Call quality 10/10 Wonderful. Sound is loud enough, very easy to control volume. And as I have heard from others, they hear me also excelent.
Internet 10/10 I was sceptic about IE, but am very pleased. Smooth, fast, easy to navigate and look.
Multimedia 9/10 Very good. In combination with this amoled 5' screen it is a killer. Only thing I would like to have is preinstalled mkv and avi support. Subtitles would also be fine. I couldn't manage to make them work yet. But also very easy to use.
Camera 10/10 Killer. Best camera I ever had. Fast, responsive. Photos are great. Colors great, sharpness.
UI speed 10/10 Laging is past tense. Enough CPU and RAM power. Looks great with transparent live tiles. Only thing i would like to add is a slider (for vertical scrolling) which you can control for faster scrolling.
Everyday usage 10/10 I read a lot about WP 8.1 and was a bit scared what will I get. But was very pleased. It works like charm. Fast, very well designed, customizable (by some extent compared to symbian), love using it. Everything is just a fingertip away. I miss dictionary from Symbian where you could download languages. Also I would sort the seetings a bit. Maybe merge some of them toghether. Despite size fits nice in pocket and is not hard to carry around.
Text input 9/10 I hate writing on touchscreens (especially after Nokia E7 with full QWERTY keyboard). But since display is large it is not sooo bad. The only thing I would like to have sliding prediction for my native language (croatian) too. For english it works GREAT! Maybe in time they add croatian too. For now i installed Slyder and it works better than I had expected.
Display 10/10 Great. Best I ever had. I cannot believe how much of a difference it is between this and my last one. Also it is very smooth to touch, scratch resistant. It feels like touching a gem! I love it!!!
Battery 10/10 Why 10? Maybe for someone it is not 10. There are probably better batteries around with higher capacity, but what I need from it, it delivers. Moderate usage, 2 days, no problem. I have sveral conversations and a dozen of text's or whatsapp messages during work. I surf a bit and check social media. WiFi always on + bluetooth always on while in car. Few recorded pics or videos during the day. I don't play games. Rarely play videos. Navigation here and there. And after two days it is around 40%.

Pros

• Very fast and responsive (never lags)
  • GREAT camera and display
  • BEST navigation around (and totally free)
  • Reasonable number of apps
  • Build quality is lightyears away from competiton
  • Conectivity and sync with PC, cloud, email,...

Cons

• no Cortana for Croatian (yet)
  • no slyding predictive text input for Croatian (yet)
  • no smart dialing preinstalled (have to use third party app)
  • no customizable dictionary (like Symbian has)

aymanbasel
posted on 18 Aug 2014, 03:40 (Posts: 0; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)

Nokia Lumia 930

aymanbasel has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Build quality 10/10 Scratch resistant and resistant to shocks

Pros

Cons

• Very heat battery when using just five minutes
  • When using a camera inside such as a home it's very bad but if I using a camera outside it's very good ... I don't know why !!!!!

Sarajevo
posted on 02 Aug 2014, 16:01 (Posts: 37; Member since: 30 Nov 2012)

Good hardver, HQ!

Sarajevo has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Only battery could be better. Everything else is excellent, well done and really impressing...

Also, Windows Phone 8.1. is something fresh with corrections needed to be done in relation to the previous versions of OS...

Excellent things are: camera, maps, display, build quality...

Scott123
posted on 28 Jul 2014, 12:47 (Posts: 0; Member since: 28 Jul 2014)

Thoroughly Impressed

Scott123 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Was an Apple fan then switched to a Samsung AITV windows phone. For business I prefer the windows operating system, however, wasn't impressed with the Samsung. Just purchased the Nokia 930 (online as it is not available in Canada) and absolutely love it!

The case is comfortable and doesn't feel like it is going to slip out of my hand like other phones. There is a little bit of weight to it, but again I prefer that because the lighter phones feel too flimsy to hold onto. The screen is excellent,. Very clear and bright, (no problem in bright sunlight). The UI is fast, and easy to use. With the ability to change the background picture, in my opinion, it is far more esthetically pleasing than any of the Android or Apple phones. As far as comments about games, I don't use my phone for games so this really doesn't matter to me. I do hope however, that some of the home automation software developers take note and build software for this platform I think that with Blackberry now gone, this phone will definitely turn some heads in the business community. Too bad it won't roll out in Canada or the USA, which I think is a big mistake on Nokia's part. I would definitely recommend this phone to others.

BUCKWEED123
posted on 24 Jul 2014, 17:38 (Posts: 0; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)

Seriously impressed

BUCKWEED123 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Upgraded from a Lumia 920 and the improvements are immense. Definitely an overall improvement, build, finish, OS enhancements, camera - all top notch and premium feel. The screen is just immense, easy to view in high sunlight, wide viewing angles, awesome colours and brightness.

Build quality 10/10 Such a quality build, miles ahead of the competition you see from Samsung etc
Reception 10/10 Perfect signal, no issues whatsoever
Call quality 10/10 Call quality is just perfect, no complaints at all
Internet 10/10 Excellent browsing experience, nice new improvements from the browser in the 920, swipe left and right to go back/forward, private mode browsing, perfect
Multimedia 10/10 Amazing quality sound and video, nokia mixradio is awesome, audio and video quality is brilliant
Camera 10/10 One of the best features of the phone, of which there are many. The quality is awesome, colour reproduction is spot on.
UI speed 10/10 Windows Phone has always been fast and responsive - with the added upgrade in processor hardware, its just immense
Everyday usage 10/10 Love it, totally sold on windows phone since the 920, and this has just enhanced every area of that.
Text input 10/10 Love the new keyboard input, its seriously accurate and fast, a definite winner!
Display 10/10 The most impressive feature of this phone. It's awesome, everyone that has seen it has commented on the sharpness and detail of the screen. Amazing
Battery 10/10 Even with the amount of playing and messing I'm doing with the phone every day since getting it, and the fact the screen is so big and bright, I'm still getting the full day easily out of it.

• UI Speed and responsiveness
  • Graphics are seriously impressive

Cons

• None so far!

billy3010
posted on 20 Jul 2014, 14:42 (Posts: 2; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)

Windows - getting there

billy3010 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

The 930 comes with windows 8.1 installed and at last, the platform is acting and looking like a proper OS. I adore Nokia phones, especially the Lumia range. The 930 is solid, classy and feels premium. The 5" HD screen dominates the front of the phone and with Nokia's design, it looks like an infinity screen - seamless from edge to edge.

UI speed 10/10 Quad core @ 2.2 and 2GB ram - everything flows beautifully
Text input 10/10 Love the Nokia's/MS keyboard - typing quickly is a breeze.
Display 10/10 crisp, clear, colourful and stunning blacks
Battery 8/10 my alternative phone is the LG G2 and the Nokia 930 doesn't compare, but its ok for a days use (just)

• HD Screen
  • Windows 8.1

Cons

• Weight

billy3010 alternatives:

KenAdams
posted on 19 Jul 2014, 02:18 (Posts: 55; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)

Best phone I have ever owned !

KenAdams has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Just got myself a green 930, and I have to say that this is the best smartphone I have ever owned. Its so fast and fluid. Loving the WP 8.1 UI. And i found all the official apps i used on my S3 in the WP store. The design of the phone is sexy. And the green color looks sick ! BEST PHONE EVER !!

Build quality 10/10 Did we expect less from Nokia? Sexy, sleek, colourful and beautiful.
Reception 9/10 My carrier doesn't have the best reception in my area, but its decent for me to get fast 3G speeds.
Call quality 9/10 Great ear piece quality. The speaker could be better though.
Internet 10/10 IE 11 rocks ! Its fast, fluid and renders pages absolutely like a champ.
Multimedia 10/10 That 1080p OLED screen is a baus! Love watching videos, and gaming is a pleasure with that fast processor and that screen.
Camera 10/10 Nokia PureView + 20 MP + OIS = Sexy, detailed and crisp photos and videos !!
UI speed 10/10 Again, WP has always been smooth, and this phone is no exception. Plus that 2GB RAM & Snapdragon 800 runs this phone like a champ.
Everyday usage 10/10 Smooth, responsive, fast, fluid, everything you'd expect from a modern flagship. Plus Cortana just makes everything so easier and convenient. Love Cortana !
Text input 10/10 The WP keyboard has always been one of the best on the market and Word Flow just makes the entire package sweeter.
Display 10/10 Large 5 inches + 1080p res + OLED + ClearBlack + Gorilla glass 3 = Crisp, bright, vivid and a fantastic experience using the L930's display.
Battery 9/10 i've had the phone for about 5 days now, so the battery life is generally good. On par with my previous phone the S3. But again, as i install more apps and use the phone more heavily and switch to 4G, i'd expect the battery life to degrade. Nokia should have fitted a slightly larger battery, but the 2420 mAh pack should suffice my needs. Plus i also ordered Nokia's own external battery pack, so i should be juiced enough for my full 8.5 hour work shift.

Pros

• Large, vivid and crisp 5 inch 1080p OLED display
  • Fluid performance with the Snapdragon 800 quad core CPU
  • 2GB RAM for smooth multi tasking
  • Superb photos with its 20 MP PureView camera
  • Awesome, sleek and premium design and construction
  • Wireless charging
  • Smooth 1080p video recording and awesome audio capture thanks to the 4 mics
  • Fluid and modern looking WP 8.1 experience
  • 32GB internal storage

Cons

• Average battery life
  • No expandable storage

KenAdams alternatives:

mousesports
posted on 18 Jul 2014, 17:32 (Posts: 254; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)

Great hardware and fluent os

mousesports has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Solid built great display outdoor and wonderful os. Even with 30 applications installed this phone works perfectly. Nokia and Microsoft FTW
P.S I just changed my Lumia 920 and this is a big difference.

Pros

• great display and camera
  • this phone got everything i need
  • i have no problem with the sim ...

raiter
posted on 15 Jul 2014, 05:07 (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)

Good hardware, and step forward for WP8.1.

raiter has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I changed from HTCTitan (WP 7.8) to this Lumia 930 . Could not wait for HTC to build new WindowsPhone.
The WindosPhone 8.1. is huge step forward from older WP. Seems polished OS.
The Lumia 930 seems solid built. Despite bulky look and the real dimensions, it fits well into the hand. I`d say, it feels less bulky, than holding Sony`s Z or Z1 in the hand.
I have doubt about the Lumia`a 930 SIM slot - it opens too easy - if phone fells or rocks hardly, the sim could be lost.
The camera and attached apss are amazing. Noka really has given additional value to the products, with Nokia`s own apss as the NokiaCamera, here Drive, etc.
The largest con: the device heats up. Not too hot, but really warm in the lower part of device (where You usually hold it in the hand). Really uncomfortable.
The display settings do not allow to dim enought. In darkness the screen still looks too bright.

Pros

• Great camera and apps for it.
  • Feels comfortable in the hand, despite its dimensions.

Cons

• Device gets hot after 2- 3 minutes of using.
  • SIM slot too loose.
  • Too less screen brightness adjustments.

Buy This Phone