Nokia Lumia 928 User Reviews

UI speed9.7/10
Multimedia9.7/10
Internet9.4/10

Longstone
posted on 05 Jun 2014, 07:49 (Posts: 0; Member since: 05 Jun 2014)

Nokia Lumia 928 - Fantastic Windows Phone

Longstone has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I've owned and used various iPhones and Android devices. The Nokia Lumia 928 is without question the best one I've ever owned. From usability, size, speed and just fun. You heard right, the phone is just fun to be on. The device is made so much better with Windows Phone 8.1 features. Everything from the information hub to cortana and most importantly (to me) the Word Flow keyboard (Microsofts much improved version of Androids beloved Swype), all the features I didn't realize I missed from other phones.

Groups have been an amazing way for me to keep in touch with friends and family. Grouping family into a single Family Room has been extremely convenient. I find myself using groups much more than I ever thought I would. The wife adds items to the group calendar so I know when the kids have games, doctors appointments, and I add items to our grocery list we have in our group notes as I find we need stuff. It's an extremely convenient feature that I don't think many know about or realize how great it really can be.

With Windows Phone 8.1 OS, the Nokia Lumia 928 makes my list of all-time phones.

• Word Flow Keyboard
  • Windows Phone 8.1 Groups
  • Fast UI
  • Built in Wireless Charging

• No MicroSD Slot

Longstone alternatives:

OmarDrake719
posted on 27 Dec 2013, 11:52 (Posts: 0; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)

Great Verizon Phone and Very comfortable Phone from Nokia

OmarDrake719 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

The Lumia 928 IS above average in specs display and for everything but average cost it has 1.5Mhz Dual core and 1 GB RAM it Very good for person who need an above average mid-range device and you will really enjoy it my sister had for less than 2 months and it's beats my Galaxy SII plus much beats it because the 720 super amoled display HD and 326ppi vs the SII plus which is 217 ppi

Build quality 10/10 It JUST Great because of the weight and Looking at It and touch it it's really great
Call quality 10/10 I don't need to tell ya you know it Nokia's long history for Great call quality
Camera 10/10 With Xenon flash and 8.7 MP you got a great camera
Display 10/10 You Got a Super AMOLED Display you got a fantastic Display
Battery 9/10 IT just Very Good

Pros

• The Great Camera
  • The Display Amoled
  • Call quality is very good
  • the Dual Core 1500MHz it's just OK
  • 1 GB OF RAM another OK
  • good battery
  • WP 8 for OS is very good

Cons

• Low GPU 225 Adreno

mpulliam123
posted on 24 Aug 2013, 22:56 (Posts: 0; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)

Going from 8X to 928. Nokia wins.

mpulliam123 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I went from the HTC 8X to the Nokia Lumia 928 and I haven't looked back. This phone is everything that the 8X wasn't. It has a fantastic camera, vivid screen, incredible battery life, and fantastic call quality. It's 4G and wifi make it easy to connect anywhere you are and speed through tasks. I have never used and loved a phone as much as this one. The only issue I have with it is that the chrome "Carl Zeiss" camera piece gets finger prints very easy. But thats fixed with a easy wiping off. Haha. Also I saw that one person said no expandable memory was a con, but it comes with 24GB of usable space and I feel like that is very, very reasonable for a phone that is free right now on Verizon. And you may see that I have only had it for under 3 months but if you get one thats all the time you'll need too.

Build quality 10/10 Feels very sturdy. Nice weight to let you know it isn't cheap.
Reception 10/10 Have never dropped a call.
Call quality 10/10 Everyone sounds crystal and they say I sound clear too. The noise canceling mics might have something to do with that.
Internet 10/10 Great. Never had any issues.
Multimedia 10/10 Plays music and videos fast and easy. Especially love Nokia Music. It's like pandora only better.
Camera 10/10 Best camera I have ever used. Compared it to my buddies Lumia 920 and the Xenon flash really does make a difference. Low light shooting is incredible.
UI speed 10/10 Fast, fluid, and smooth.
Everyday usage 10/10 Very easy to pick up and use.
Text input 10/10 Great keyboard. Nicely spaced.
Display 9/10 Very dark blacks and vivid colors. Except sometimes the auto adjust makes my red tiles look pink. Just turn that off and it's no issue though.
Battery 10/10 INCREDIBLE. Right now I am looking at my app Battery Sense and it is showing 84% battery after 12 hours and 6 minutes.

• Camera/Xenon Flash
  • 4G/Wifi
  • Weight/Design
  • Windows Phone 8
  • 3 Microphones

hopmedic
posted on 08 Aug 2013, 13:21 (Posts: 0; Member since: 08 Aug 2013)

Best Phone Verizon Has Ever Carried

hopmedic has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

No single phone will ever be THE phone that will meet everyone's needs. But this is the best phone that Verizon has ever carried. Ever. You don't have the security holes that Android is infamous for. You have features that iPhone can't touch (Camera). Optical image stabilization makes for great low-light photos. The UI is slick and doesn't get bogged down like Android. You don't need to manage the apps in the background, like Android - the OS does it for you. The phone is just awesome.

Pros

• Top notch camera
  • Slick, smooth, fast interface
  • Security that Android can't touch
  • Best keyboard for a smart phone
  • Screen is great for reading in sunlight

Cons

• A couple big-name apps missing (but alternatives are avialable for most)
  • No expandable memory

rformanaz
posted on 15 Jul 2013, 18:26 (Posts: 0; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)

Face it...iPhone, Android and Windows all have great phones. There is no right answer

rformanaz has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Its like arguing about cars these days. Each have great phones and each have pro's and con's. I've used them all and continue to prefer windows due to my needs. I like the interface, the movement and love the integration with xbox, and windows 8 PC's. I know everyone talks about the camera but it really is amazing. My wife has the iPhone 5 and I take the same picture with both and there is not comparison. If you are a windows person you should have no second thoughts about this phone.

Text input 9/10 I do miss keys now and then

Pros

• build, screen, acuracy, camera

Cons

• I know the trend is big phones but I would like to see something smaller

bwhiting
posted on 10 Jul 2013, 18:59 (Posts: 156; Member since: 15 Jun 2013)

Great phone to have

bwhiting has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I have just got the device as an upgrade for a 2nd line on my account through Verizon and the device is great. It is very responsive to the touch but the texting is sometimes a hassle when you have big hands. I sometimes have problem with texting people and accidently hitting the back button but I am learning to get used to it. The W8 interface is great and also a nice use for this phone because it actually works well for the design and don't cause any problems with the battery like my android to overheat. I like the camera for the device as well because it also is great, nice quality. The batter for this phone is my main selling point along with the UI speed and camera because I can go all day and a half of the next with one charge on battery saver mode.

Pros

• long battery life
  • camera is great for a smarthphone
  • ui has quick response
  • easy for use
  • battery don't overheat as often as android devices

Cons

• no sd card
  • lack of applications from the app menu
  • difficulty when using the internet browser
  • if you have big hands it will be difficult

milesboy5
posted on 29 Jun 2013, 00:10 (Posts: 141; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)

Verizon may have been late to the game, but they still have an amazing Windows Phone

milesboy5 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I was so excited when the 920 came out, but very disappointed to watch AT&T snag the rights to it for the United States. Then the 928 and 925 were released and I fell in love with the 928 absolutely my favorite phone I have owned. Before the Lumia I had a Galaxy Nexus which Verizon screwed up, and then before that the original Droid. So WP8 was a big step for me to leave android as I had watched it grow up from 2.0 to 4.2.2 but a step I have not regretted yet so far.

Build quality 9/10 The look of the phone to me is appealing, the weight of the phone is not an issue it actually makes holding lighter phones feel as if they're not as premium
Reception 10/10 Through the roof good quality
Call quality 10/10 Noise cancellation and good mics
Internet 9/10 I like IE
Multimedia 9/10 I like how MS went through Xbox with their multimedia... just need some more developers to like WP
Camera 10/10 Beautiful pictures day or night
UI speed 9/10 Its astonishing how much 'last gen' CPU and GPU can do on WP versus Android 4.2.2
Text input 6/10 Keyboard could use some improvements
Display 8/10 Beautiful display ... but can be difficult still to read in the sun even with the sunlight reading mode on
Battery 10/10 Average use for the past month of owning this phone has been 10 hours... video playback was 7 hrs and 45 mins if that helps

• reception
  • call quality
  • build quality (Nokia)
  • fluidity of OS
  • hate to say it but its better than android.... for me at least

Cons

• typing on the keyboard
  • I hate to say this but it feels like developers just forgot about this OS