Nokia Lumia 920 User Reviews

Build quality9.7/10
Text input9.5/10
Everyday usage9.3/10

kimyhang
posted on 30 Aug 2013, 00:43 (Posts: 14; Member since: 17 Jul 2012)

Lumia 920 White ForTtheWin

kimyhang has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Better than my Girlfriend's S3 :) 32gb internal memory is big enough for me, very sexy looking monster :) App store is not very important to me haha! its a very good decision buying this elegant phone from nokia worth waiting here in the philippines

Pros

• All

Mukeshsingh
posted on 21 Feb 2013, 12:26 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)

Worst Phone

Mukeshsingh has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

WORST phone ......i had really lost my mind at the time of purchase this phone. believe me this phone is scrap. on 20th of last month i bought this phn and the same day phone dead automatically and nokia replaced it, and again today it happened again. now i will never use nokia phone and please friends don't go with the hype, nokia called this phone very professional...lol even u can't attach files more than one in one mail. u need to follow more than 7 steps to save a contact, this very dissappointing. their are many issues with this phone which i am not able to write here....all the best friends who are planning to buy this phone.

Internet 4/10 consume battery alot

Mukeshsingh alternatives:

Alexander_K
posted on 18 Feb 2013, 16:45 (Posts: 19; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)

You will never regret buying the Lumia 920.

Alexander_K has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I am a proud owner of a Lumia 920. I'm extremely happy with the choice I've made. To buy a windows phone may seem like a bet but it was totally worth the risk. Windows Phone 8 is great, fast and responsive. The app selection number is growing fast and personally I found every app I've used before in the Windows Store. Some reviewers wine about the weight of the phone but in reality it's not that heavy at all, I mean you don't need big muscles to lift it off the table. If you're thinking about buying a windows phone Nokia is definitely the way to go, because they put much more effort into it compared to HTC or Samsung.

Build quality 10/10 I've got the black matte version and it's just so smooth and sturdy.
Reception 10/10 I've never had any dropped calls.
Camera 10/10 The low-light shots are amazing. No other phone on the market can compete here.
UI speed 10/10 Windows Phone 8 is fast and responsive. No lag.
Everyday usage 10/10 I have fun using it everyday. Little things like new Bing locksreen wallpaper can make the phone look always fresh. I also like the change the accent color every now and then.
Text input 10/10 I've never typed faster in my life :D
Display 10/10 The display is amazing with very high pixel density.
Battery 10/10 The phone always gets me through the day and when I put it on the charger before bed I usually have at least 10-20% left. Note that I'm a heavy user. I go on Facebook, play games, listen to music a lot.

Pros

• Very fast dual core 1.5 GHz processor
  • Lots of RAM (1 GB)
  • Gorgeous high resolution screen (1280x768)
  • 8.7 MP PureView camera for great low-light shot and optical image stabilazation
  • NFC
  • Wireless charging
  • Windows Phone 8 is great.
  • 32GB of internal storage (more than enough) and free 7 GB on Skydrive
  • Best location based services - Nokia Maps, Nokia Drive, Nokia City Lens, Nokia Transport
  • Other great Nokia apps - Nokia Music, Smart Shoot, Cinemagraph and many others

aaflack18
posted on 09 Feb 2013, 06:05 (Posts: 3; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)

Pretty good phone

aaflack18 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I upgraded to this phone from my faithful Samsung Focus (had an issue with the power button getting itself stuck... Got tired of it doing that)
first thing I noticed was the difference in speed. Frickin thing just blew me how fast and fluid everything is. Looked for an explanation for why the phone was so heavy. Wireless charging coils. Really? I just think that was unnecessary. I prefer to have my phone plugged in and charging.
Never was an app person, so this OS suited me best. I hope Nokia keeps putting out better phones. Write this review using my Nokia 920.

Build quality 8/10 Wireless coils in the phone added unnecessary weight. Inaccessible battery.
Call quality 8/10 I have a bad habit of not having the screen of the phone not touch my face and that for some reasons makes me inaudible to the person in trying to talk to.
Text input 8/10 I dislike the new smiley face setup and such. I prefer the older wp7 style keyboard.

Pros

• great camera
  • fast and bright screen
  • indestructible

Cons

• heavy

safi.2905
posted on 04 Feb 2013, 00:09 (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Feb 2013)

Dissapointing !!!!

safi.2905 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I was eagerly waiting for this phone but after using it, it left me highly dissapointed!
No doubt the user interface is somewhat refreshing with live tiles and i din feel there was any shortage of apps as most of the commonly used apps were present.
But one thing problem which i encountered from almost day one was FREEZING of the Phone. The interface kept on hanging every now or then i had to reboot the device atleast three to four times a day. I took it to #Nokia but they said there is a software issue to whichi when asked how to fix it they had no answer!! a very apalling way to handle a customes complaint. and then i dont know what so hue and cry about the camera.. i found it OK nothing too astonishing or ground breaking. But the problem of freezing is something to look into coz one of my friend also encountered the same problem to which again #Nokia people denied to acknowledge. SHamefull!!

Camera 2/10 Nothing ground breaking (my personal opinion)
UI speed 2/10 UI keep on freezing! Have to reboot the device atleast three to four times a day.

sreenath
posted on 24 Jan 2013, 02:21 (Posts: 0; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)

This is called real innovation!!!!:)

sreenath has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Dont know why ppl say this phone as bulky nd heavy, its comfortable to hold than the thinner iphone and also better build quality.The camera with optical stabilization is awsome unlike the fake digital gimmicks in other phones .Wireless charging is also there.So these all may be the reason for its thicker body .Without knowing all these ppl starts bashing this beautiful phone.

janamm
posted on 20 Jan 2013, 23:18 (Posts: 0; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)

greatest phone in of last year

janamm has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

best pefomance and great camera. It changes the phone completely everytime. Its like having a new phone everyday. the most impressive of which are the optical image stabilization and the PureMotionHD+ display.

gilbilly
posted on 19 Jan 2013, 11:54 (Posts: 3; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)

Potentially great phone undone by abysmal battery life

gilbilly has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I am writing this review today to express my dissatisfaction with the Lumia 920. I have purchased this device on two occasions and both times I have encountered the same issue. The first time I purchased it was second hand and it was one of the first few released in Canada (came factory unlocked and all). Although the camera was amazing, the build was excellent and the exclusive apps were fantastic (Nokia Maps and Drive to be precise) the battery life was abysmal. Despite multiple factory resets and even attempting to run it without additional apps I could get only 6 hours of usage on average which is unacceptable. I quickly sold it on Kijiji. After a few days I had convinced myself that it must have been just pre-release model glitches (I had owned a #Lumia800 previously and had no such issues). Being without a phone and unable to get my hands on an actual release model from Rogers, I ended up going with a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (and have been very satisfied with it). Up until the Lumia line I have been an Android user for the last few years now and am accustom to 12-15 hours at least. Before Android came out I was a windows mobile user having owned numerous models but my first ever phone was a Nokia 3300. At the time this the 3300 was to me such an innovative phone, stylish, different and one of the first phones to support MP3 playback. It was my fond memories of my 3300 that prompted me to try the Lumia 800 and eventually the 920 a second time because to me they embodied those...

Battery 3/10 Only get 6 hrs of battery life on average

• Nokia Maps
  • Nokia Drive
  • Solid Build
  • Serene Interface

Cons

• Abysmal Battery Life
  • Poor or amateurish app selection
  • Wireless charging accessories difficult to find

gilbilly alternatives:

Wp8von
posted on 14 Jan 2013, 23:25 (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Jan 2013)

Best Phone

Wp8von has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Hands down best phone best camera best everything this phone blows every other phone out the water the os is so smooth I've rocked with wp7 since the release in 2010 and haven't had any issue yet. I went from the Samsung focus to the HTC surround to the Samsung focus flash to the Nokia Lumia 920

rumelaguha
posted on 13 Jan 2013, 03:19 (Posts: 0; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)

Nokia Lumia 920

rumelaguha has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

After a long time nokia had made the best phone which I never seen before any phone.
it is truely excellent. I am really happy with my Lumia 920. The display and the camera in this phone is supperbe. The OS is more fast and eassy from other and the aaps quality in store to good. and the best think i like nokia music.......it is really fantastic

adamstefanca
posted on 08 Jan 2013, 08:54 (Posts: 0; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)

Best phone i have ever had

adamstefanca has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Best phone i have ever had
simply amazing camera
display has amazing colors modern design

Pros

Cons

• nothing

davidvkimball
posted on 04 Jan 2013, 17:42 (Posts: 0; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)

Arguably the best phone on the market

davidvkimball has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

The Nokia Lumia 920 is the flagship Windows Phone 8 device we have all been waiting for. There is almost nothing bad to say about this phone. The screen is brilliant, the OS is fast, and it's packed with so many fantastic features from Nokia. You will not find a competing smartphone with a better camera, higher resolution screen, or more fully-featured GPS/navigation software. Praises for both the software and the hardware of the device.

It cost me $99 for the phone with a two-year contract and a wireless charger. I have been happy with the phone since.

Build quality 10/10 Nokia's hardware durability is legendary. The phone is slick and beautiful. The screen's glass is tough and curved. Both matte and glossy finishes feel very high quality.
Reception 9/10 I am around areas with poor signal, but this phone has picked up bars where my other phones could not.
Call quality 9/10 Exceptional call quality. Clarity and adjustable volume are satisfactory.
Internet 10/10 Blazingly fast LTE speeds combined with Internet Explorer 10 makes me feel like I'm using a desktop computer. Sometimes I don't even load mobile websites, since the phone's browser can easily render PC-layout websites.
Multimedia 8/10 On-board the phone Xbox Music and Video work well, but the PC software to manage locally-stored media files on the phone is messy and feature-less, a terrible degradation from the outstanding Zune software used with Windows Phone 7 devices. Video playback and sound quality are excellent.
Camera 10/10 Best camera I've ever seen on a smartphone. Takes excellent low-light photos with Nokia PureView technology.
UI speed 10/10 Windows Phone 8 OS is the fastest mobile operating system I have ever used. Initial loadup time, multitasking, and opening applications all happen in a snap. One of my favorite parts about this phone is its speed.
Everyday usage 10/10 Dynamic OS gives you relevant content from social networks and lives tiles give you reminders daily. I use the phone multiple times every day. Remember to keep an eye on your battery, you'll possible need to toggle WiFi, tap+send, and Bluetooth to save battery, as well as use the Battery Saving service.
Text input 10/10 Best autocorrect and word-guessing technology in any keyboard I have ever used. The keyboard is also packed with a ton of emoticons.
Display 10/10 Beautiful display with an extremely high refresh rate means NO blur and an outstanding picture. This phone delivers one of the best viewing experiences there can be on a mobile device.
Battery 8/10 Comparable with other LTE smartphones, nothing extraordinary, but satisfactory.

Pros

• Fast, gorgeous UI
  • Camera & PureView
  • Built-in Apps are incredible
  • Outdoor use
  • 32 GB capacity + 7+ GB of SkyDrive space
  • Social Media Integration

Cons

• Larger size & Weight
  • Missing some key applications from Apple's Appstore and the Android Market
  • Local music management

KimballDonald
posted on 03 Jan 2013, 01:29 (Posts: 0; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)

My Phone

KimballDonald has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This phone is wonderful. The UI is gorgeous and personally relevant to me, connects with my social media, and allows me to share instantly. The build quality is phenomenal, Nokia quality, and comes with 32 GB.

Build quality 10/10 Strong build, not likely to break. True to Nokia. The screen is gorgeous, large, and extremely damage resistant. Glossy finish is great, as is matte.
Reception 8/10 I live in a really bad signal area, but it picks it up like my previous phones did.
Call quality 8/10 Nothing special, nothing bad though.
Internet 10/10 Great browser, great LTE speeds.
Multimedia 8/10 I would put this at a 10, but the music interface with my computer is terrible. They switched from Zune, which was a huge mistake. Other than it's brilliant.
Camera 10/10 Gorgeous lowlight photos, great daylight photos, and amazing camera stabilization. Also sound recording is superb.
UI speed 10/10 There is absolutely no lag. It's such a contrast to Android.
Everyday usage 10/10 Great everyday usage phone.
Text input 10/10 Wonderful large screen and great Windows 8 keyboard, best on the market.
Display 10/10 Great screen, wonderful colors, great auto adjust for daylight.
Battery 8/10 Fairly good, can expand by turning of NFC, WiFi, and/or LTE.

• Nokia Premium Apps
  • Screen Size
  • Storage Space
  • Fast Phone

Cons

• A tad large for some
  • No expandable memory

rassouli5
posted on 17 Dec 2012, 03:37 (Posts: 50; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)

Terminator

rassouli5 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

It's like love at first sight. The moment you have this phone in your hand and work with the OS, you fall in love with it. The design is outstanding, it's not heavy and it's not light, it's like you actually have something in your hand. I call this the best smartphone ever. It's a revolution in the world of smartphones. Microsoft has done magic with the OS.

Pros

• Looks
  • OS
  • Web Browsing
  • Perfect On-Screen Keyboard
  • Fast Processor
  • And Many Other Great Things...

jado777
posted on 12 Dec 2012, 04:57 (Posts: 0; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)

I absolutely love my Nokia Lumia 920.

jado777 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Overall its a great phone! All this talk about its size being a downfall is dumb in my opinion. When you feel it in your hand, it's almost reassuring of the build quality. I have dropped mine a few times, all times on to concrete (I pretty much cried each time). I was in the car and forgot it was in my lap and it fell right on to my drive way. It fell face down and I was terrified to pick it up. It now has a small dent on the top left corner. But its still white (This isnt painted, the color goes all the way through the case). And there are no scratches on the screen. I HIGHLY recommend the 920. You won't regret it.

Build quality 10/10 It's very sturdy. All this talk about how bulky it is, but I am personally perfectly content. My friends have told me it feels "solid".
Reception 10/10 Just as good and on par with all the other handsets in my area.
Call quality 9/10 Occasional when, for instance, im pressed against my phone at an odd angle apparently i sound "muffled". Im sure it's some fault of my own, but this is only an occasional nuisance.
Internet 10/10 Browsing is fine, no complaints. It just works. It works whether im on Wi-Fi or "4G" (Technically HSPA+, my area does not have AT&T 4G LTE).
Multimedia 10/10 Youtube, movies, videos, photos. It's got it all and it's camera is top notch. I am able to play games and entertain myself. Nokia Music is a HUGE bonus. It's like an integrated Pandora. A very great bonus. Nokia has given me even more incentive to stay with the lumia thanks to all the bonus apps just for the lumia.
Camera 10/10 Amazing camera! Takes just as amazing pictures as it advertises.
UI speed 10/10 There is no noticeable lag. It's very speedy and elegant. One of my friends went as far as to call it "bubbly". Im not sure why. Its very visually appealing.
Everyday usage 9/10 Works great for everything. Calls, texts, games, internet, netflix, you name it. Although you might want to be around a charger for the games. Depending on the game it can REALLY kill your battery. Words with friends will literally eat 20 percent of your battery in 25 minutes. I believe its a fault of the app because most of the other games aren't nearly that bad.
Text input 10/10 An iPhone user picked up my phone to search on facebook, and the first thing he said was "Wow, I love how responsive it is and how easy it is to type!". The keyboard generally requires two hands. You can use one, but I have medium sized hands and its still kind of difficult with mine. Other then that, it works pretty well and the auto-complete is pretty accurate!
Display 10/10 It's a wonderful display and adjust to different light situations almost instantaneously. It's a lot better then the 900'. Overall its a beautiful, extremely responsive screen in general.
Battery 8/10 My longer days will last from 7:00am to about 8:00pm (As in time I'm away from the charger). On average I will use it lightly from 7am - 12pm knocking the battery down to 85-80 percent. I will do more battery intensive things as the evening continues (GPS, Video Playback, Music Streaming, etc...) and normally as 7pm-7:30 gets around i could easily be at 5 percent. at 20 percent nokias battery saving feature kicks in and it will last me until about 8pm and might die a bit before if Im more carele

Pros

• Screen Size, Quality, Responsiveness.
  • Decent Battery Management Option
  • Beautiful UI
  • Amazing Camera
  • Good Battery
  • Great Build Quality (It feels reassuring in your hand)
  • NFC
  • Wireless Charing (Can be handy!)
  • HD Screen, with Nokias "Pure View" technology it's great for outdoors.

Cons

• Apps
  • Occasional Bugs

mrcrangle
posted on 03 Dec 2012, 15:11 (Posts: 9; Member since: 12 Apr 2011)

Nokia makes a truly excellent phone in the 920, but not without the odd trade-off...

mrcrangle has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I've missed my Nokias - especially the N95 and then N900 - but it's fair to say the company didn't provide me with a compelling reason to stay with them in my last upgrade round. When my daughter got a Lumia 710 a few months ago I had my first taste of WP and found it to my liking; when I learned about WP8 and then the 920's launch I felt I had to have one, and I don't regret it at all, even though being in the UK means I had to take out an expensive 'EE' contract and had to mess about with trying to claim my free wireless charging plate via a clunky and malfunctioning website! Yes, there are things that could make the 920 a no-no for some people, but it's a breath of fresh air for me!

Build quality 10/10 Exudes quality in every way
Multimedia 9/10 Xbox music subscription is a must-have!
Camera 10/10 Just as good as my stand-alone digital camera (which admittedly is a few years old now...)
UI speed 10/10 Never had any lag
Everyday usage 8/10 The phone is big and heavy, and can be fiddly to get out of the pocket. I do worry that I'll fumble badly with it one day and drop it.
Text input 9/10 My only complaint is no haptic feedback, otherwise the screen size and intuitive software make typing smooth
Display 10/10 Breathtaking sharpness...looks so much better than colleagues' IP5s and Androids
Battery 6/10 And this is my one big complaint. It might be me, but I simply can't get a full day's use out of the phone, and I'm not an especially heavy user. I've no problem charging my phone now and then during the day, but I do seem to be on an endless quest for a re-juicing opportunity, and the lack of wireless charging accessories currently available in the UK combined with the total pain website for redeeming the free charging plate make the whole situation quite irritating

Pros

• Looks and feels genuinely 'different'
  • Metro UI is fresh and hugely customisable
  • Camera takes great pictures
  • Nokia Drive hasn't let me down yet
  • Screen is sharp, tough and bright
  • MS Office functionality
  • Build quality is outstanding

Cons

• Battery life is poor; I can't get it through a day
  • The weight is an issue
  • Lack of apps, la-la-la...but it's true!
  • A pain to get the charger, and accessories still not available :(

ucancallmenickk
posted on 02 Dec 2012, 11:42

The best phone I've owned in a while

ucancallmenickk has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I've never had such a good value before. I bought this beautiful phone in white for $50 with a 2-year contract. I got a free case and wireless charger. I love everything so much more than my Lumia 900 and iPhones of the past. I think this phone is worth every penny. Especially when you realize that it's a 32GB phone, NFC enabled, 4G, has an awesome camera, and has a better screen than the iPhone 5.

Pros

• 32Gigs
  • WP8 Apps are better
  • Durability
  • Colors
  • Screen is HD
  • Quality feel
  • Wireless Charging
  • Speakers are impressive, better than my MacBook Pro

Cons

• Some apps not yet available

ucancallmenickk alternatives:

fervid
posted on 27 Nov 2012, 12:42 (Posts: 173; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)

Nokia should have picked Android

fervid has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Could have been really good with some final tweaking, Win8 really being a change, or going Android instead of WinPhone. I liked the build quality and screen. External Speaker was really good too. Non-Removable battery and no SD card was a big con though. Two of the biggest things was no Zune and SD Card support, but the limited MTP and no SD Card just made it another WinPhone 7.

Call quality 8/10 Volume management issues. Most volumes are linked which is annoying and In Call volume only goes 1 to 10, but is kind of an all or nothing as 1 and 10 seem to be the only ones that changed.
Internet 8/10 IE is fast, but limited- No Flash and No access to file system killed it for me. Win8 just seemed to be Win7 without Zune instead of a big change.
Multimedia 7/10 External speaker and Dolby Headphones were awesome. Internal player not so much. Lags a lot and Bluetooth Streaming Audio just hung the phone. Bluetooth handsfree and headphones worked fine though.
Camera 8/10 Good, but not as great at low light as they claimed.
Text input 8/10 Keyboard is way too small and doesn't use all the screen. Hard for big hands to use.
Battery 9/10 1-1.5 days usually. 2 if not used much. Non-Removable is annoying though.

Socialcarpet
posted on 23 Nov 2012, 09:16 (Posts: 0; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)

Fantastic phone - the best I've had

Socialcarpet has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Picked up a Lumia 920 the first day it was launched and I've been very pleased with it so far. Build quality is superb, unlike anything else out there. The screen is beautiful. Camera is outstanding. WP8 has new features which will surprise and delight people coming from WP7 and satisfy people coming from other phone OS's. Overall WP8 still needs a few small things addressed, but it's quite good and the Lumia 920 itself is just stellar.

Build quality 10/10 Build quality is nothing less than best-in-class.
Reception 10/10 Excellent, no problems.
Call quality 10/10 Exceptional. No complaints.
Internet 8/10 IE 10 is a vast improvement over IE 9, but Windows Phone STILL needs real 3rd party browsers not based on IE. Most pages work well, but there are still many that are optimized for WebKit browsers. Web developers are as much to blame as Microsoft for that though. If we could have Opera or Firefox on Windows Phone too, it would be a perfect 10.
Multimedia 9/10 Sound quality is top notch. Video plays smoothly and well, whether onboard or streaming.
Camera 10/10 The Lumia 920s camera outclasses anything else aside from the Nokia PureView 808. The optical image stabilization, which NO other phone has, means you get clear pics even with shaky hands and the nighttime and low light pictures will absolutely astound you.
UI speed 10/10 The Windows Phone UI is simply the snappiest, cleanest phone UI you'll ever use. Bar none.
Everyday usage 9/10 A joy to use, the only way it might be improved is if it was just a wee bit smaller and lighter.
Text input 10/10 Windows Phone has THE best standard keyboard I've used on any of my phones. That includes iPhone and all the multitude of keyboards I tried on Android. It just works. ;)
Display 10/10 Razor sharp 1280x768 resolution makes viewing full webpages a pleasure. Screen response is better than anything I've ever seen.
Battery 8/10 Battery life is acceptable, but it could be better. I suspect a software update will improve it.

Pros

• Bentley-like build quality
  • Superb camera that takes steady pics with a not so steady hand
  • Low light and nighttime pics that no one can compete with
  • Fantastic high res screen
  • Nokia exclusive apps outclass any OEM apps from any other manufacturer including Apple

Cons

• Bentley-like curb weight

Levie
posted on 22 Nov 2012, 22:55 (Posts: 0; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)

Best of the Best

Levie has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Weight
Lighter and more comfortable than my HTC Rezound with extended battery. Galaxy S3 is significantly lighter, but I do enjoy the feel of a solid phone. I also understand that technology built into the phone - particularly wireless charging - adds extra weight to the phone.

Apps
There are solid apps on the app store now, but I am missing some of my favorite apps. Also, there are apps I would rather use on a browser but, unfortunately, going to these websites brings a very dated mobile version of the site. I came across this issue with Facebook, all Google sites, Twitch, BB&T, and American Express. Sites need is a simple tweak to their HTML to correct. iOS and Android are given the more up-to-date websites.
My biggest loss is Google Music. I literally use it every day and there is no option on Windows Phone for it. The web app only works for 1 song and then stops if screen is locked. I’d imagine Google Apps coming to Windows Phone in the near future though.
All of the built in apps all work great and are beautiful compared to Android and iPhone equivalents. Particularly the email and texting apps. Pro tip: if you are having trouble syncing your company Outlook with your phone it probably has something to do with the settings on the server. Google inheriting permissions.

It is lasting me all day with average continuous use. My Android would be dead half way through the day even with the extended battery. (Under similar brightness settings, 4g, push notification settings,...

Build quality 10/10 Fits in hand comfortably. The high gloss finish keeps the phone from sliding around. The placements of the headphone jack, usb port, volume, lock, and camera buttons all make sense. The curved gorilla glass feels great and is a nice touch.
Reception 10/10 No complaints here. Found that I had bars when others didn't.
Call quality 10/10 The voice sounds noticeably cleaner. No issues using automobile bluetooth.
Internet 10/10 4G speeds. Faster than the Galaxy S3 in tests. Overall experience better than Android and iPhone. Just waiting for sites to tweak their HTML markup.
Multimedia 10/10 Awesome built in apps just as Nokia Music, and Cinematography. Audio sounds great, especially over bluetooth. Oddly missing scrubbing for audio and video. I rarely use this feature so I didn't hurt my score.
Camera 10/10 Great camera. On par or better than what I've used on other smart phones. Slightly "flaws" with color saturation can be fixed with a software update.
UI speed 10/10 Fastest, cleanest, best looking UI on the market.
Everyday usage 10/10 Overall my every day life has improved with this phone.
Text input 10/10 Best keyboard I've used on a smart phone.
Display 10/10 Big, BRIGHT, crisp, extremely responsive, fastest display on the market (never dropping 60 FPS)
Battery 10/10 Lasts me all day with average continuous usage.

Pros

• Windows Phone 8
  • Nokia Music
  • Low Light Camera
  • Wireless Charging
  • NFC
  • Design and color options

Cons

• Weight and Size

azasadny
posted on 19 Nov 2012, 15:02 (Posts: 0; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)

My Nokia Lumia 920 (I've had it for 10 days)

azasadny has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Great phone! I switched from the iPhone 3GS when my AT&T contract was up and it was between the Nokia and the Galaxy III. I decided to get the Nokia and I'm verty glad I did. I'm a "Windows guy", so the OS fits in with my server and PC's at home and work. Battery life is great, camera is fantastic, especially in low light conditions, the screen is beautiful and LTE is fast and reliable!!! It's a big phone, but the screen is great for Internet use and watching movies/videos. I use a holster (yeah, I'm not cool), so the weight doesn't bother me at all. Windows 8 OS is very responsive and intuitive. What better phone is there, especially for $100 with a wireless charger?

Pros

• Screen, speed (response), fits nice in hand!

Cons

• Heavy and large for those who care about such things...

kristian718
posted on 19 Nov 2012, 11:01 (Posts: 0; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)

Nokia 920

kristian718 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Phone is NICE and a wonderful improvement from the last one. However, I'm still NOT happy with the lack of apps available to me. Let's step it up quickly!!!!!
Also it vibrates very hard and it sounds as if some thing is loose. You shouldn't HEAR the vibration you should FEEL it! Otherwise NICE phone! Camera is AWESOME!

Pros

• Solid design (heavy)
  • Camera GREAT!!!
  • seemless transtitions between apps

Cons

• vibrates too loud
  • hard to hold when taking pics

Barrett
posted on 16 Nov 2012, 09:02 (Posts: 0; Member since: 12 Jan 2012)

Love it!

Barrett has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Just upgraded from a Nokia N8-00, since symbian is half-dead, and I'm sure glad I did. The screen is AMAZING. Swiping through the tiles is fluid and free of hickups and the live tiles are a nicely added feature. Haven't had any problems with browsing the web - WiFi/LTE works great. Was able to plug into the computer with no problems and copy mp3s to the phone and pictures with just using "My Computer." This is my first Windows phone and there was basically zero learning curve.

• Case colors

Cons

• No external memory slot.

Equilibrium
posted on 15 Nov 2012, 04:49 (Posts: 18; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)

Meh

Equilibrium has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Been using this phone for work and all i can say is meh.

Its not a bad phone, much more in line with the offerings of Android and iOS than previous attempts.

The app store is lacking, UI is lively, but I'd say its closer to iOS than Android in terms of customization.

Its built like a tank, but unfortunately probably weighs as much.
Not a bad phone, but im not too big on camera's on phones so the main selling point is really moot for me.

Safe to say Nokia, or even Windows Phone 8, isnt for me.

Build quality 7/10 Great colour options, design is sexy but getting a bit old. Much to heavy for a high end phone in this day and age.
Reception 7/10 Meh nothing special
Call quality 6/10 Not the greatest
Internet 6/10 A bit clunky to work around.
Multimedia 5/10 Apps are way lacking, but time will help. a neutral ratign fro now.
Camera 9/10 Great camera, low light is where it out classes the rest
UI speed 7/10 Fast, but animations ruin its aesthetics. Live tiles are slow, so speed is really a wierd one to pin point. its fast, but slow at the same time.
Everyday usage 5/10 Im a power user and this phone is a bit of a let down
Text input 5/10 Not the best key board but ive used worse!
Display 8/10 Good display, resolution has become standard so not blown away as i would have been if this came out at the start of the year.
Battery 6/10 Decent battery life, but room for improvment

• Sexy design

Cons

• Heavy and bulky
  • No killer feature besides camera

i_hate_my_life
posted on 13 Nov 2012, 09:18 (Posts: 24; Member since: 17 Dec 2010)

Best phone of 2012

i_hate_my_life has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

the most innovative smartphone of this year! setting the bar high. it doesnt need a quadcore to run smoothly. fully optimized and lagfree for super userexperience.

i hope the majority will recognize this and switch to WP8 :D

Pros

• WINDOWS PHONE 8
  • Fluid and fast
  • Super camera
  • crisp screen
  • Innovative

Cons

• no external memory