x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
Nokia Lumia 920 Discussions
  • Options
    Close

Headphone Jack

fervid 16 Nov 2012, 09:26 posted on

Anyone else having any issues with this? I usually use Bluetooth and their Dolby/Equalizer options are great. I decided to try out a wired set to see how it sounded. First I needed to get an extension/adapter to narrow the plug down and fit through my case. Then when plugging in it is really loose and almost seems to not go all the way in. I've seen a few reports of people not able to get sound unless pulled slightly out too.

I can wiggle it a little and get varying degrees of results. As far in as it will go has best results, but no position holds it in tight. Pulling out slightly seems to lose one channel, a little more and both are back, and any further and it gets this clicking/buzzing and things go nuts (including thinking I have a mic attached). It seems to do this weird digital switchover too. If all of them are like this I'll just use Bluetooth, but if I just have a bad port I'd rather swap it since the phone itself is great.

posted on 16 Nov 2012, 10:23

1. MunchausenByProxy (Posts: 15; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)

Sounds like a bad adapter. Try removing the case and using the headphones without the adapter. If all is snug, it is the aftermarket products (case/adapter) that are the real issue. I have rarely seen those adapters be very solid, so you may want to see if you can modify the case a little so that the adapter is not needed. Don't know if you have the tools for that or not. Another option ($), might be to look for a different case. Lastly, go back to the bluetooth option. Could try looking for a better adapter, but like I said, my experience is they are all 'iffy'.

My phone doesn't arrive until tomorrow, so I will check it out then (however I am not planning to add a case at the moment so it will be a different scenario).

MBP

posted on 17 Nov 2012, 10:08 1

2. fervid (Posts: 173; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)

Went up to ATT Store with my connections and tried it out on their phones. At first it was doing the same thing then a rep came over and I asked if they had issues with them. He came over and snapped it right in. Turns out I wasn't pushing hard enough. I was used to them sliding in pretty easy, but these things snap good and tight. All working great now and I just feel like an idiot for being too delicate with my new toy...this thing is built like a tank.

posted on 09 Dec 2012, 02:36

3. szabor (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Dec 2012)

I am so glad you posted this! I just got a Nokia Lumia and was really sad that the headphone jack was so loose and the music quality was so bad... Pushed a little harder and all is well!

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories