Nokia E66 User Reviews

Text input9.5/10
UI speed8.5/10
Camera8.5/10

HanaShimizu
posted on 04 Jun 2013, 03:18 (Posts: 0; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)

The best phone for me. :)

HanaShimizu has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

To start off, I have to say that I've had this phone for almost 5 years before the battery finally gave up. And I kinda gave up on it as well, seeing as there are a lot more things to do with an Android device. :)

I've had this phone ever since it was released in 2008, and I absolutely love it. When it finally broke (sort of) earlier this year I wanted to buy ANOTHER E66, but my father convinced me to try out other phones. Haha. For me, the E66 is the best phone ever.

Build quality 10/10 The phone is very small and fits well in my hand. I love the aluminum back too, and the phone looks serious and mature, and not at all like the plasticky phones nowadays. (Like my new one. Haha.) It doesn't look cheap at all and the weight is a good thing too.
Reception 9/10 I've never had a problem with signal until late last year, when I started receiving messages a bit too late. Like, someone would send me an SMS and I'd receive it hours later! But I guess it had something to do with age, since it was already 4 years old at that point.
Call quality 10/10 Love it. Simply put, I can be on the phone all day with this mobile. :D
Internet 10/10 I rate this as a 10 because I actually love using my E66 for browsing even more than my laptops. Although I did have Opera Mobile installed, so I guess that's the reason. Still, reading is very comfortable, even though the screen is small. It doesn't load videos on the net, but it's okay because I have a Youtube app for that. :)
Multimedia 9/10 The speaker is loud enough to be mistaken for a small speaker in a pretty small room. Through earphones, it's also loud, although I think it's less loud. Haha. Videos play spectacularly, but due to the small screen it's not a good movie player. ;) Anyway, I use the music player as my MP3 and podcast player, and it's excellent. :)
Camera 9/10 Not as good as your 5MP phone, but it does its job. I've taken plenty of shots with this phone over the years, and I have to say, it's decent enough. :) It can't replace a good ol' digicam though. Video quality is okay, just a bit poor I guess.
UI speed 9/10 It's fast enough to do what I want. Haha. Although, when Year 4 rolled by, it started becoming slow, although not slow enough to frustrate me. Something to do with age I guess.
Everyday usage 10/10 Before I had my Android phone, this is what I use for almost everything. Messaging, calls (all the basic stuff phones do) and even for internet and eBook reading (it comes with Adobe reader), everything. The only thing I don't like about the messaging is the lack of conversations or threaded view, but, hey, this is just your basic Nokia business smartphone.
Text input 9/10 It's not a QWERTY phone, but I love the keypad. The feedback is okay, and I actually use this phone to type school notes and short essays to be transferred to my laptop when I get home! The keypad is that comfortable.
Display 9/10 A bit pixelated, but with a resolution of 240x320, I can't expect much. :) Colors are still good for phones like this though. As for visibility, it used to be very good, but... like I said, due to the age it doesn't stand a chance in sunny areas now. (Mostly because of the screen.)
Battery 9/10 Battery life used to be excellent. :) It could last a day or two even if I kept using the internet, listened to music, and sent messages. Haha. However, towards the end of its life, it could only last 5 hours before I went running for a charger. *sigh* But that's after almost 5 years. Hahaha.

Pros

• Good internet speed
  • Keypad is comfortable
  • Audio quality is good
  • Small and sleek
  • Build quality is awesome. I love the aluminum feel
  • The interface is pretty smooth

Cons

• Only 128MB RAM. :( I couldn't open larger PDF files because of this
  • 2.5mm earphones! It was a hassle to always bring 2 headsets
  • No threaded view

VIBIN
posted on 06 Mar 2011, 11:13

MR

VIBIN has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

ITS GOOD PHONE BUT NOT THE BEST OF THE E SERIES BUT FOR SMALL AND GOOD SMARTPHONES ITS THE RITE ONE . IT LACKS A 3mm JACK REST ITS SIMILAR TO E71 NO CHANGE IN SPEC ITS SMALL AND COMPACT .WELL SOLID BUILT THOSE WHO HAVE A CRAZE FOR SLIDERS AND A SMARTPHONE U CAN GO FOR E66

Pros

Cons

• IT HAS A LOW SOUND COMPARED TO OTHER SAME BUDGET PHONES
  • CAMERA COULD BE MORE BETTER

Ateeq
posted on 18 Apr 2010, 14:50

Nokia e66 is good one..

this phone is good because it gives you access for almost all business features & ofcourse all peeps doesnt want full keyboard for the phone. so it can be use in two ways, business & casual as well.. i dont know why people doesnt like the look of the phone.. but i say its really good looking sober phone, i have seen lot of slides phone but this slide is really great.. i didnt expect this much effective when i was buying the phone..

Lippi
posted on 12 Jan 2009, 09:32

E66-Never trust a NOKIA S60 device

I wonder where all reviews find this as an excellent phone. Besides the hich SAR value, the phone suffers several quality issues. The back cover open easily just by touching it with your thumb when holding the phone to speak. Not to mention the fact that plastics inbetween the slide an the phone body are cracking and detouch just to push them to click again. Also headphones are very sensitive and have quality issues (low quality glue etc)
The wifi has several issues: defined access point are somewhat lost from memory after a while. When you lock on to wifi point some applications demand to define the access point again. And guess what: the  wifi may not find the previous access point again....
Most applications do not run simultaneously but just stay idle in the background. That goes for web browsing, e-mail receiving and sending and of course nokia maps. Also applies for third party apps.
Gps takes forever to lock but after that works ok...when on foot
Conclusion: given the numerous options for buying a smartphone out there it was a very big mistake to trust nokia, and especially Symbian. No value for money.

Pros

• -design
  • -leather case in sales package

Cons

• -too heavy for the size
  • -bad operation system
  • -big SAR value
  • -bad headphones
  • -leather case is a bit small for tha phone.

mheslamimehr
posted on 07 Nov 2008, 01:31

good phone but .....

it is one of the phones that has anything you need but after 2 weeks I bought it , sometimes  when I press the name in phone book for call not do . I want update it but his update not availble then I reset the phone but after it the bluetooth don't work....

Hepha
posted on 25 Oct 2008, 20:14

E as Expensive

After 6 weeks with it, I have mixed feelings. It is a good phone in its class? Yes. But... Extra processing power and speed comes in expense of battery. Packed with many new features, some from the feature pack2, but not something really exciting. Solid construction an good choice of materials with only objection on the cheapo plastic power button. Good keyboard and illuminated side buttons, software controlled to indicate what you need to press and when. Quality finish that's resistance to wear (tested). Very responsive menu and web browsing navigation. Top class email. Easy to use if you have prior S60 experience. Fast camera but is badly noisy. Not that you'll really look on it on a business phone, but after all just a speedier interface, slightly larger display, addition of UMTS and a sleek design doesn't make it worth the price difference to its predecessor. At this time, it's a +80% price difference (Oct/08).

Pros

• * Fast CPU. Almost twice as fast of E65
  • * Typical resolution of its class but larger and more bright display than its predecessor.
  • * Sleek design and solid construction gives a feel of luxury on hand.
  • * Realy fast internet browsing over HSDPA and WiFi. Convenient browser features like as auto-rotate.
  • * Accelerator sensor that's make it easier to use on picture and web browsing features.

Cons

• * Cheap looking and feel power button.
  • * Some applications are completelly buggy. Eg. barcode scanner not working even under sunlight (tested with many different codes also).
  • * GPS voice navigation doesn't comes free. Often failed to create a correct route. Same map code with older version of navigation software on E65 performed better (and free of charges).
  • * Fingerprint magnet.
  • * Battery life's not as expected.