Nokia E51 User Reviews

sixkiller
posted on 14 Oct 2011, 05:40 (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Jul 2011)

Only for business

sixkiller has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

E51 is good phone , but not for multimedia usage. It's perfect for calls and business. The OS is outdated. It has good organizer , but it doesn't have countdown timer. All Symbian phones doesn't have.

Build quality 10/10 It has very luxury design. And it is not made by plastic.
Internet 2/10 It is not very useful cause the browser is so laggy.
Camera 3/10 The camera was awful. But it is phone for business.
Everyday usage 3/10 Ony
Text input 6/10 If you use T9 predicting text , It will be easier.
Display 6/10 For the phone which is realised in the 2007 it has good display.
Battery 8/10 The battery was really very good.

Pros

• Very luxury design

Cons

• Very high SAR rate
  • Very laggy and outdated OS
  • Contdown-timer
  • Ovi Store
  • Very uncomfortable volume keys

sixkiller alternatives:

deeae
posted on 01 Jan 2010, 07:28

e51

I have one and I highly recommend it, if you want a powerful, excellent quality, business class phone for a good price.

I use its PIM functions, surf on the Internet, check my e-mails (with wifi) everyday, but I often listen to music with it. I can make or receive phone calls(or chat, file transferring etc.) over wifi with IMs apps(skype, MSN).

You know... it has Symbian operating system, so it could play,open or display everything you want, you just have to find the correct applications for it. For example i can't play avi (divx) movies (Divx player, SmartMovie and other players, You have to convert only their resolutions) or you can watch flash clips(youtube, daily motion etc.) in you browser (Skyfire, ...I use the nokia browser too. It's very good too, but it uses only flash lite 2.). Last time I installed DOS with a pc emulator! (JPC) Just for fun...

It has one of the strongest (or simply the strongest) mobile phone CPU on 369mhz with 80 MB RAM (or 96MB?). It beats my first PCs! It's very fast. You can run more programs simultaneous than you ever need.

I can list only two disadvantage:

The buttons on its side are very hard in the beginning, but they getting softer with time if you use them! Now I can switch off the phone with one hand, and the other side-buttons can be pushed more easily.

Very hard to remove the memory card from its place, but I had to remove it only once. And I am not sure if this problem caused by the memory card...

"+1": The built in Real Player...

rdsg
posted on 21 Nov 2008, 17:11 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Nov 2008)

I think this is the best...

I can list only two disadvantage:
"+1": The built in Real Player can't handle...

Patrick
posted on 07 Jul 2008, 08:39

5.6

The side button spoiled the phone!

I got this phone as a replacement for my 6120c which is taken by my wife, i bought for MYR 870 (USD261)here is my short review.
The Firmware is

The Good;
+big keypad compare to my previous 6120c phone
+larger battery capacity then 6120c
+got wi-fi
+got 3 extra button (programmable shortcut)

The Bad:
-camera without flash, all picture taken got green noise,
-video recorded with lower frame rate than 6120c,
-no 2nd camera for video call
-music player didn't support Stereo Widening

The WORST!!
------ALL SIDE BUTTON ARE REALLY HARD TO PRESS, YOU NEED TO USE YOUR FINGERNAIL TO PRESS IT. TRUST ME, you won't be able to switch ON or OFF without using both hand, thanks to the very suck side button(1 hand to hold the phone, the other to press the power button)

I can live with the BAD part but the SIDE button especially the power button really SUCKS, because of these reason, I wont recommend Nokia E51 to those intending to buy this phone.
If you can live without wi-fi, settle for 6120c.

Naved Nasir Khan
posted on 12 Feb 2008, 14:29

True User

what is not said and read about E51

merits:

installed GGPS, world Time. WiFi connection is best. Shortcuts are damn sexo. U can add more shortcuts. internal memory is a boost. Ram is of 40 mb thats make phone little fast. Voice aid is really sexy. it not only allow to listen MSG but also say name of person who's callin during receivin call. Internet call is damn sexo. Alarm include workdays that's cool. Zip can also come handy.

Demertis: camera is fuck all, tools of camera is irrating. panel get used to fingerprints that's upsets the whole concepts. steel is risky elements, if phone fall it will show its impact on panel. software is not easy to get. it require SISX file. Install themes really slow the phone. rubber thats cover Power, Volume & Recording gets really fucked up after continues use & is difficult to press it. Radio doesn't work without headset.

Moiz
posted on 02 Jan 2008, 08:28

Very Good Phone By Nokia

Before i was using O2 windows mobile. Looking at all the features availbale now in Nokia, i shifted 2 weeks ago and its very good. Symbian OS is more smart and speedy then windows mobile. its WIFI is also very fast. Good phone.

Jack Deglise
posted on 08 Dec 2007, 03:55

Great bang for the buck

I have never had a mobile phone that has given me so much bang for the buck before. The build quality is excellent, very solid. The keyboard is very comfortable and responsive. Typing is a pleasure. The user interface is very fast.
A Nokia E-phone is built in such a manner that you never have to wonder about if the basic phone capabilities are good or not. Signal reception and voice clarity are both excellent. I finally have a real email client such as the one you normally have on a computer. No more tedious java-applications to log into Gmail. It had my email up and working in a second! The E51 immediately picked up the WLAN I had running and connected easily. I have yet to try the VoIP over WLAN. The Media player is actually better than the one I had in the SE, which I bought last year.
If you want a slim and comfortable mobile phone that has all the features you normally would get from a computer, then this is a mbile phone for you. Nothing is complicated with it. I particularly like the feeling of that with the E51 I won't miss my computer that much whenever I am not at home or in the office.

Gringo Nordestino
posted on 27 Nov 2007, 11:04

best value for money

I am using it from 2 weeks , now , and it is a good phone.
Very good build quality , with steel frame and steel covers.
Very sharp QVGA screen.
It is a bussiness oriented phone , bring VoIp via WiFi , mobile office suite , HSDPA .
The only thing Nokia forgot - even if the phone has an USB connector , you cannot charge the battey using USB , you need the charger .
Good battery life in stand-by , not so good under heavy usage .
Recomended .