Nokia 6555 User Reviews

QueBella2012
posted on 23 Aug 2012, 22:52 (Posts: 0; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)

Strictly a beginners phone

QueBella2012 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

The phone was by no means a great phone, but it wasn't terrible. It is not one I would I recommend for texting. Picture quality could be grainy. The best features for me were the MP3, and the themes. It does come with a MicroSD slot, which is handy. Mine did have trouble when connecting with the USB to my PC. The body quality was strong for me as I dropped it on several occasions. The battery cover did have a tendency to slide off. It can be used as an MP3 player with the MicroSD card if you do not use a SIM card in it.

Internet 2/10 No built in WiFi, internet is slow.
Text input 2/10 Texting takes too long since it is lacks a QWERTY board.
Display 3/10 Screen is too small

Pros

• Small
  • Flip phone

Cons

• Bad for texting
  • Pictures are lacking in quality

posted on 20 Nov 2009, 18:32

Me and two other family members got this phone a couple years ago. I am posting a review after reminiscing about this horrible phone and looking it up on this website. The phone overall is okay for a dumb phone and did what it was expected to do. The problem I had with it was the graphic icons quit working right for no apparent reason and would show a "?" instead. This must of been a bad omen because soon after one of the three phones exterior screen cracked and broke. At first I gave him a hard time over it and I said he didnt take care of his phone. Well then another phone had its screen crack. My screen finally cracked while I was on the phone with someone, I never hit anything... it just broke while I was talking! Then the loudspeaker on the phones went out in the same order as the screens. They would sound really staticy at every volume level. And then suddenly once again in the same order every phones battery life went down to just a few hours even in standby. I bought a new battery on ebay thinking that was the problem, the seller made a mistake and shipped me 3 batteries so everyone got a new battery! Well it turns out the hardware on the phones had failed and were killing battery life. These phones all completely died in less than a year.

Pros

• Worked okay for a dumbphone.

Cons

• Exterior screen broke.
  • Loud speaker broke.
  • Internal components started to fail and drained the battery in less than 3 hours.

posted on 02 Jul 2009, 13:08

The phone randomly shuts off. I've had the phone replaced and after a few weeks the new one began shutting off as well. I had read some reviews before getting the phone in the first place and since only a few mentioned this problem I ignored it. My boyfriend also has this phone and has had the same problem. The smallest bumps and drops scracth the phone.

Pros

• Simple phone
  • Ok battery life
  • Easy to use

Cons

• Randomly shuts off mid-call/text or even just sitting in your pocket
  • Easily scratched

qwertyuiop
posted on 14 Jun 2009, 22:56

1.3

i hate this phone!

i had this phone for about 1 year and i had it up till i threw the dam thing out my truck window and ran over this piece of  shit ......i have had 2 of these dam things...... don't even think about getting this phone iknow what your thinking " ooo this is just some guy that got a bad phone mine won't be like that "
pro                                              con-the phone turns off atomaticlly---terrible signal---ugly----battery sucks
texting is good                                    -breaks easy dont get thi hunk of shit
good camera

Pros

• texting

• signal
  • ITS GAYYYYYYY

DCL
posted on 25 May 2009, 14:06

Best and Worst Phone For Me

I got this phone as a free upgrade through AT&T. It started out as a great phone. I loved the clarity and size of both screens. The camera was also a lot better than my previous phone. I loved all the themes and menu options too. I also thought texting was great. But only after about 4 months of having it, I took it out of my pocket and the outer screen had an internal crack and the the inner screen blinked on and off every 2 seconds. O had no idea of how it happened at all. I never thought of trying to get it fixed until now. And now I'm hoping I can get it back or a new one. The internal qualites are wonderful, but the external aren't so good.

Pros

• Screens
  • Keypad
  • Themes
  • Menus
  • Micro SD

Cons

• Micro SD behing battery
  • Poor quality materials
  • Can Scratch Eaisily

Hoyt
posted on 23 Apr 2009, 15:37

This is the worst cell phone I've ever owned in 9 years!

Firstly, the outer LCD screen cracked the first time I dropped the phone from about 3 ft above the ground.  Currently, the outer LCD screen is useless since all of it no longer works therefore not allowing me to screen calls without opening the phone.  The quality of the overall structure is poor and not durable.  Battery life is okay, but nothing to brag about.  My bluetooth function to transfer data to and from my computer is sketchy and rarely works smoothly (and no, it's not my computer, since it functions soundly with other bluetooth capable products.  The only thing I really like about this phone is the svelte feel of its keypad while texting, etc.  Also, its narrow and somewhat thin physical shape fits nicely in my front pants pockets.  Generally speaking, Nokia seems to have fallen behind its competitors and I do not recommend this phone or any other Nokia phone to others

Carmen Schewe
posted on 26 Dec 2008, 07:20

Bad phones

We Have the family plan with 3 phones. Got 3 new ones 5 months ago , 2 of them broke down already. It turns off by its self all the time .

shadow
posted on 10 Oct 2008, 14:04

shadow

Looked like a great phone, but then it started turning off by itself, getting voice mails for calls I never got, and frequently get network busy when I try to make a call.

Bill
posted on 25 Aug 2008, 10:49

Good phone for the money. I have had it for 8 months now and have no complaints. I have experienced random calls going direct to voicemail, with no indication of a missed call like some others have reported. but this has only happened 2-3 times. Took this phone to Turkey on vacation and it worked very well there too. In my opinion this is a great phone for the average phone user, who does not require some of the fancier features on more high end phones.

posted on 13 Jun 2008, 14:45

I'm now on my second Nokia 6555. My first one worked perfectly for 3 months after my Lg cg300 died after having it for a year and a half. I mean I dropped it a few times and didn't have any scratches plus it still worked. Since I'm a heavy texter, the batter life didn't last that long for me but that was ok as long as I wasn't out somewhere and needed it for an emergency. However one night it decided to not work anymore...I couldn't call out or recieve anything, so I had to send it back and got a new one. The new one is horrible; a few of my friends tried calling me and their calls went straight to my voicemail...I don't know what is wrong with it. I'm going to send it back. I like the looks of the phone, but it isn't the most reliable.

michelle
posted on 08 May 2008, 22:40

4.8

It sucks!!!

This is the worst phone I have ever had. I have had four within five months. That's because AT&T keeps sending me a new one. They all keep turning off by themself or showing a blank screen. Do not waste your time and money on this phone. It is not worth it.

Ryan
posted on 18 Apr 2008, 13:43

Ryan

I have had this phone for about 6 months and it has been a great phone. I work in the industry and I know there a few things that contribute to the complaints about battery life (bad signal, etc) Phone is great.

jason
posted on 31 Mar 2008, 19:33

sucky phone

Poor battery sucky everything! i want my money back

Dakota
posted on 31 Mar 2008, 19:30

this phone sucks

I have had the phone for about 4 months. It turns off by its self all the time and it blinks a black screen alot! its sucks bad!

Chester
posted on 23 Feb 2008, 03:49

3.2

BUMMER!

Got this phone cuz I needed a new one in a hurry after I lost my other cell phone. I thought it looked good and I was told it had 7 hours of talk time and over 10 days of standby time. Had no reason not to believe it would not be a good phone since I had a Nokia a few years ago.But the battery life is too short and not a lot of talk time, even after I had the cell store exchange the phone.Now Iam stuck with it for 2 years.

Megan
posted on 23 Feb 2008, 03:33

3.2

yukky battery

i agree! mine won't stay charged either. i wish i had just kept my old sony ericcson and replaced the battery. at the att store they wanted $50.00 for a new battery 4 my sony, so they talked me into this nokia for $100.00 with a $50.00 rebate so i went for it. bad decision!!! the sony ericcsonbattery is only $20.00 on-line. the nokia is a good looking phone but the battery is horrible with no more than 1 hour of talk time. i also wish att would take this phone off the market or recall it.

Jesse
posted on 23 Feb 2008, 03:18

3.6

Stay Away - Terrible battery life

I've had this phone since the end of December 2007 and had the battery replaced in the first one I bought because it wouldn't hold a charge. After the battery was replaced the Nokia 6555 STILL would not keep a charge for more than a couple days. Finally I had my first phone replaced with another Nokia 6555 (stupid me). The new unit won't hold a charge. I can't help but notice that I am not the only person to experience the difficulties that come with keeping this phone charged. It looks good and has many useful features, but that doesn't do me any good if it is always connected to the charger, Nokia definitely dropped the ball on this model. My old Motorola flip phone that I bought in 1995 held a better charge than this one does! Now I am faced with having to pay full price for a new cell phone that I can rely on. Any suggestions?

Tamsin
posted on 23 Feb 2008, 02:40

4.8

Poor battery life-Do your research!

I am quite surprised that the Nokia 6555 has gotten such rave reviews on this site. I have only read poor reviews on other review sites. I purchased the Nokia 6555 two months ago and have had to replace it three times due to poor battery life. This phone is not worth even contemplating purchasing, and I had to learn that the hard way. After a full charge I can only make 3 or 4 short calls and the battery needs to be re-charged. I never use the camera, and texting is out of the question if you are not near your charger.Now AT&T will only replace it with a "reconditioned" phone of the same model, and will only replace it with another brand after returning the same model 2 more times. The other returns are not recognized by AT&T because they were done at a retail location not through AT&T's website, though I purchased and returned the phones at an AT&T retail store. I paid for a NEW phone, I don't want a reconditioned model. I live in a remote area and rely on my cell phone for safety reasons. So please research cellular phones online, and make your purchases online as well for the best prices and customer service, I certainly wish I had. I was given the purchasing information from cell phone salespersons at two different cellular retailers at my local shopping mall. So yeah, don't get burned by buying this inadequate phone. If you have one, make sure you purchase a car charger, and be prepared to charge this model nightly. KEEP THE CHARGER NEARBY!

posted on 18 Dec 2007, 12:58

3.4

horrible phone

I have had 3 Nokia 6555 phones in the past month. NONE of them are keeping a very good charge. The first one I got didnt work at all. Then I got another one (stupid me) and it wouldnt hold charge for more than an hour of talk time. Got a brand new battery for it...still didnt work correctly. So had to go through insurance to get another one and this one brand new still not holding a charge for more than an hour of talk time. This is the WORST phone I have ever had in all my 10 years using ATT/Cingular. Very very poor phone!!! I love it if they took it off the market!

Brandon
posted on 25 Oct 2007, 15:00

TOP 3G Flip Phone for AT&T

This phone has it all. 3G speed, Push to Talk, Camera, MP3, and Nokia quality performance. One VERY cool aspect of the phone is the ability view over 16 MILLION COLORS!!!!! That is just crazy. Its the same ability as the iPhone. When compared to other 3G flip ones, the SYNC, V3xx and V9 ALL provide just 262,000 colors. Thats a BIG difference!!!

Plus, Nokia has always made a very solid phone for service. Until the Razr was sold in 2005, Nokia phones (that didnt flip) lead the Industry in sales for 6 YEARS IN A ROW!!!! in the US. That should tell you something about the reputation of Nokia made phones.

SO, if you are looking at a flip phone with AT&T. This phone is going to give you better performance over any Razr or Samsung phone out there.

Joerodz
posted on 25 Oct 2007, 13:55

Bang for the Price

I can not believe this is free in the Puerto Rico Att market. Fast 3g video texture and look. And its NOKIA. Good Audio and signal. Love IT

Asvetic
posted on 01 Oct 2007, 08:26

5.6

Design Flaw

I recently purchased this phone through AT&T. It was at an affordable price and I quite liked the design of the phone. This was also my first Nokia. I was originally using a Samsung P207 (which is similar in looks to the 6555.)

After having the phone for a few days, I accidentally, stumbled across a pretty serious design flaw. The outside mini screen is not protected very well. The cover is made of a very thin piece of plastic which when pushed down on, gives quite easily. enough pressure (or bumping into a sharp object while the phone is in your pocket) will break the mini screen rather easily.

While the rest of the phone is a nice product, and I do like the styling quite a bit, I'd use caution before purchasing this phone.

Derek
posted on 23 Sep 2007, 00:35

Very nice

I received this phone on Friday from AT&T. I have to say, it looks very sharp, and the screens are gorgeous. It feels substantial in the hand both closed and open. The smoothback design helps it fit very well to your face for chatting. I was worried I would be disappointed by the camera, but it takes better pictures than the 1.3 megapixel camera I had in my last phone (an LG Chocolate through Verizon.) I get amazing reception in my home now, much better than with the Samsung Sync I had for about a week. The sound quality has been great, and friends have commented on how much better I sound on my new phone over the past few days. I really think Nokia hit it out of the park with this phone. It is by far AT&T's best offering under $179. The only thing I wish it had were a 2 megapixel or greater camera and a flash, but I'm sure that would have significantly raised the price, so I am very pleased overall.

Ever
posted on 16 Sep 2007, 05:46

Nokia-it is superb

I am amazed from the style of this phone. The first back - smooth design ever made. The specifications are quite good. Well the camera is not 5 MGP however i have a photo camera at my home:))))))))))).
Well it is really good target!

deadhead
posted on 15 Sep 2007, 11:11

deadhead

another great phone from nokia for att. expandible memory, for those that don't know how to read specs..., yes there's bluetooth, music awesome video quality and that 3g for simultaneous voice data availability, can't get much more from phone unles you chose a pda. and only from att!!