Nokia 2605 Mirage User Reviews

Jordan
posted on 14 Oct 2010, 17:48

2.7

Its Just not a good phone

I have had this phone for 1 year and it is driving me crazy! It gets scratched up easily, it shuts off by itself and all of the parts on it have fallen off. The good thing about it is that it is really small and is handy and it is nice and light but that's really all that's good.

anon09
posted on 15 Jul 2009, 21:14

Size matters

I have had this phone for several months. When I needed a replacement for my RAZR, I decided the single most appealing thing about that phone was the size. I always carry mine in my pocket just for phone calls. When I went to the verizon store, I found that my 4 year old RAZR was thinner than every single other new cutting edge phone on display. I asked if they had anything smaller, and then they brought out this gem from under the counter. It is the smallest phone Verizon offers as of this writing. So far my only complaints are the speakerphone and auto-text software (T9 was great).

Pros

• Size, size, and size. Very small, lightweight, and thin. Buttons and display are decent size. One of the most pocket-friendly phones on the market. Good reception and battery life. Recharges via any micro-usb.

Cons

• No frills here. Speakerphone is poor. Texting is difficult due to software, non-T9. A bit delicate and light, not for kids. Poor camera. Do NOT mess with detachable pieces. Voice recognition is average and can be activated via external button accidentally. Button cannot be unbound either.

posted on 23 May 2009, 15:12

I do work for verizon and honestly this phone is terrible. The speaker quality is terrible, the plastic piece on the top of the battery cover will not stay on and the back is very flimzy. The phone doesn't have many options and it seems very cheaply made. I wouldn't really recommend this phone to anyone, except maybe someone with children deciding if they are gonna be rough on phones or not.

Pros

• small

Cons

• everything else about phone

whats that all about
posted on 20 Mar 2009, 08:40

get it for your kid

the reviewer below me DOES NOT work for Verizon wireless. I however, do. The phone is great and light weight for kids. I have kids tell me all the time(and their parents too) that the phone takes a beating because its so light. It goes for about $40 bucks with 2 yr agreement

Joshua Lordigyan
posted on 01 Mar 2009, 18:06

Verizon Guy

I work for Verizon wireless sales, and I can say that this phone is not the greatest. I personally have only sold 3 of them since their release and I feel bad for every one of those people. The phone is too small, period. The internal display itself is rediculous, and the volume of the speaker is a joke. Also, when you get the phone the silver piece around the camera leading to the back always comes off! It does however have this ability because it comes with a removable camoflauge piece, but makes it look bad when you take a phone out of the box and it's in a bunch of little pieces. And yes, the pieces do fall off and I have had customers come in to complain about it.Theres a reason Verizon doesn't do big contracts with Nokia, and it's for things like this. Also, the phone does not have the ability to send name cards via bluetooth more than 1 contact at a time.I found this out the hard way!

Pros

• Small, basic, bluetooh compatible, large external display, get it for your kid.

Cons

• Too small, small internal screen, sucky battery life, keys are too flat, poor speaker volume.

Patrycja
posted on 13 Feb 2009, 14:09

Piece of cheaply made plastic junk - terrible speaker

I have owned several Nokia phones up to now so I was originally excited to upgrade to a new one. This phone is very small and light - these are the only positive things I can say about it. Otherwise, it is awful. The sound quality is terrible - sounds like a radio in the 1920s - I can't believe they released it. Also, the phone is very flimsy, made out of plastic. I returned it right away (I bought it on verizon.com website) and I can only imagine how long it will last before it falls apart. It is the worst phone from Nokia I have ever seen - HUGE disappointment.

Pros

• Small and lightweight

Cons

• Sound quality, cheap plastic, you are afraid you will break it when you open the back cover.

niashor
posted on 06 Dec 2008, 13:52

loving nokia!

In december 2007, i pre ordered the nokia n95 8GB us for a price of $1500. in march 2008 i got it shipped to my home. i loved it and i've had it until i got into a car accident. my phone was on the dashboard (i made a little holder near the glove campartment) and it just flew out. it was a goner. now i did not trust very expensive fons so i wanted a cheap one so i got this for $99. its great

Pros

• reliable,cheap,safe

VeRiZoN_2605
posted on 05 Dec 2008, 21:41

Small is better

My nokia flip phone from 2005 was dropped on accident. It was already in bad shape- the duct tape on the top half was already tearing off. So when it dropped, the phone just took a brutal beating. The keys were spilled out on the floor like a dropped glass of milk, and the screen was huffing and puffing with backlight smoke. Right away, I knew I couldn't fix this phone with some duct tape. The only solution was to get a new phone. I was fidgiting, looking around the Verizon Store's phone aisles as if one phone was going to complete my life. I asked the rep if there was a phone that was safe and if dropped, more reliable than my 3 year old nokia. All i got was a laugh, but then a nod. anything was better than my nokia! I was drawn to this phone that was just released. I got a cheap promotion price because I've been a customer for over 10 years. What drew me in was the size- I was sick of using huge phones. My fingers would hurt texting and gripping the cold metal at the same time. This phone also had a nice design. I didn't really expect a camera, but I got one anyways. You can do a lot of things on this phone, like text, go on the Verizon internet, and take pictures. I made a good choice.
-VeRiZon_2605 on PhoneArena

Pros

• reliable size (not too big, not too small)
  • texting
  • good design

Cons

• nothing really