Motorola i880 User Reviews

brdgguy
posted on 25 Aug 2009, 09:51

This phone is terrible

I was excited to get my new I880 two years ago when it first hit the market.  After the first week, I was disappointed.  Since then, I have had the camera worked on 3 times and replaced twice.  The inverted screen issue happened to me after having the phone for two years.  Now it won't work with an automated answering service number (backline).  It calls in, but I can't hear anything.  The other end can hear me, but I can't hear them.  My other phone (SPrint) works fine with the number.  Nextel customer service has been good in replacing the phone, but what a POS.

Pros

• Flip button

Cons

• quality
  • durability

stefon H.
posted on 08 Mar 2009, 22:24

outstanding!

this phone is excellent i love everything about it. although i must say i can't really undersyand why anyone would give the phone a bad raitng. there's no dropped calls at all, i have full service everywhere and most of all the battery is dependable.

Pros

• everything on the phone!

Cons

• nada(nothing).

Nicole_w
posted on 23 Oct 2008, 20:28

Not the best

I can't stand how long this phone takes to "download" a text message! I've had to wait up to ten mins just to open a text that says "ok" it's ridiculous. The screen is a good size and easy to read, Mp3 player is good but its hard to get songs on and its hard to put songs on to use as ringtones. The volume is very loud witch personally i ' think is great, even on 1 its loud. For what it is its an ok phone but i'm deffinatly looking to upgrade to something different, I text frequently and this phone is horrible for texting. Battery life is pretty good and its fairly durable, although the screen goes black randomly and it freezes often.

Pros

• large easy to read screen

Cons

• The time it takes to"download" a text.
  • The excessive loudness of ringtones.
  • Freezes up alot.
  • Screen cuts out.
  • Sometime turns itself off

rob4
posted on 12 Sep 2007, 13:02

i880

This phone in my opinoin is very good but for a few little things. One thing is the little hissing in volume that the other person hears. The quilitys are very good Iam saying that coming for the i870, screen looks very good easy to read.Also the camera light could be better to lighten up the picture to be taken, I 870 was brighter. Other than little things like that, I am very happy with this phone.

stevie b
posted on 07 May 2007, 19:41

i880 review

the only improvements that i've been hoping for with nextel for the past few years are yet to be implemented. i would like to see a security code lock option only for accessing the multimedia in the handset, i would like to have the ability to use my phone with fast internet surfing abilities such as the 2.0mbp's (mega bytes per second) featured with some mobile phone carriers on certain models. these are life necessities and are pretty cool to have as well. if the i880 had those two things i would rate it a 10 because it has everything else.

p
posted on 22 Mar 2007, 16:25

pretty decent

the i880 has better signal strength than the i870. it also has coverage where my i870 did not. i'm told it works on 2 frequncies instead if just one like most nextel phones. the sound quality is excellent and it looks really cool. i just wish the coverage area with nextel was better.