x PhoneArena is looking for new authors in New York! To view all available positions, click here.
Motorola XOOM CDMA Discussions
  • Options
    Close

Ipad2 or Xoom?

staghornleghorn (unregistered) 05 Feb 2011, 07:14 posted on

I received the ipad for Christmas, I returned it with all of the rumors of the ipad2 and the xoom on their way. I'm not an Apple fan to begin with, nor do I own an Apple device of ANY kind. But, the ipad would be the device to take my money. Now, since reviewing the specs, the Xoom (in my opinion) is far superior a device from a hardware aspect. Its the O/S that is the question. There have been times since Christmas, that I had second thoughts if I should have kept the ipad, but, in the recent days, I no longer regret its return at all. Matter of fact, I am happy that I continued my hold out for an Apple device.

Feb 24th can't come soon enough! ;-)

posted on 05 Feb 2011, 11:26

1. ThinkpadX200s (unregistered)

Oh Yes I'm Sure You can count on that Yet To Be released Xoom with its Unreleased, Untested O/S to Be far superior the The iPad, Because of the REPORTED Far Superior Specs.. Good Luck with that..

posted on 05 Feb 2011, 22:27

2. jackinthehorse (unregistered)

I think their hardware will be comparable, however, the big difference between these devices is their operating system. Choose whatever you like more. I was using the iPod touch(Apple OSX), and I love its OS a lot. And I sold it because I wanted a tablet, I bought the Samsung Galaxy tab and play with it for a day and return it. Now I'm waiting for the iPad2. I like the Apple OS more, plus its market place is a waaaay bigger and its touch screen does sense my finger better, but it is lack of Adobe Flash. So test both device when they come out and choose whatever you like more. (The new Android firmware on the Xoom should make a huge improvement of the Android tablets, but I still believe in Apple quality more)

posted on 12 Feb 2011, 19:13

3. Mina (unregistered)

I'm more thinking along the line of purchasing the Xoom because it will have the Adobe flash. Apple doesn't have that on their iPad so will they have it on their iPad 2? doubt it. What about the Camera/Video feature, will that be on the iPad 2? There are a lot of facebook app games and for those travelers who want to be on facebook playing there app game, it requires adobe flash.

posted on 17 Feb 2011, 10:59

4. vzwservesmewell (Posts: 29; Member since: 05 May 2010)

I echo a lot of the thoughts from both sides of the fence. Apple has a great OS and lots of Polished apps but I tend not to buy Apple just because of emotional dislike even though they are superior in many ways. I have a bit more distain with the current news that Apple wants to charge 30% to app companies on all purchases in the App Store (or its 30% of subscription services or something). I like that the Zoom will come with 32GB and I can put up to a 32GB SD card (or maintain multiple Cards), that it has USB connectivity, and the general feel. (Just held one for the first time today.) I hate that I can't watch my Netflix on it though.

posted on 10 Mar 2011, 21:18

5. clint (unregistered)

I had an ipad and I bought it so that I could show video to my clients, but I found apple just tied my hands way too much. At times I wanted to smash the ipad into little pieces, but I ended up selling the thing in anticipation to the blackberry playbook; however the screen size of the xoom is much better for what I need. Also for small business a mobile office is a wonderful thing and google is doing a lot of things right to deliver it with the help of these 3G tablets. There is nothing better than being able to do paper work on the fly instead of having to enter all the invoice data into the computer after a long day at work. I had to jump through hoops with the ipad to do this. I am hoping that the xoom will be better.

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories