Motorola V220 User Reviews

InstinctDemon
posted on 09 Aug 2010, 17:12 (Posts: 74; Member since: 09 Nov 2009)

My 5th Phone- welcome the world of Camera Phones

This little puppy was awesome, I can download mp3 ringtones, take pictures, send pictures, and Text.Huge step up from the Nokia I had, this little baby pumped, when my buddy bought one of the first Razr that came in even though it was impressive my little v220 went toe to toe with it, even the volume of the ringtones was slightly louder!very sturdy considering it was mostly plastic.  This is one phone I can honestly say I really enjoyed!

Pros

• Small and compact.
  • it was Free!
  • loud volume

Cons

this phone is shit
posted on 30 Jan 2006, 13:40

this phone is shit

i had this phone it aint worth it keep your fucking money and buy a stripper

James
posted on 18 Nov 2005, 14:36

3.2

Phone isnt worth the space it takes

The Phone is not worth the investment. It shuts down on its own, loses signals sporadically, and causes way too many headaches. I dont want to financially support the makers of Excedrin, but with this phone I might as well have. Signals are dropped on a whim, stanidng still in the same spot, you will go from a full signal with your provider to a complete loss of one and go onto emergency only or no signal. (This was confirmed by my being with two other people with the same CPSP and they had a full signal on different phones.) I dropped the phone ONCE ... and when it fell, the top portion of the phone fell off. I have yet to see a phone that will fall apart from ONE fall.

Eye in the LA sky
posted on 14 Oct 2005, 03:31

Moto V220

Have had my V220 for almost a year. The camera is REALLY basic & has minimal contrast control. NOT good for action shots (capture rate is SLOW).

I'm on Cingular in SoCal. I love Cingular. However, sometimes when i send a txt msg, phone tells me 'can't send now, try later', even though it's showing 3,4 or sometimes 5 bars for signal!! (kinda frustrating).

Haven't had the patience for using the browser feature. It's slow too.

Next time think i'll try either Samsung or maybe go back to Nokia.

razzah ali
posted on 10 Sep 2005, 05:21

motorola v220

The motorola v220 is good value for money however, if you are looking for a slightly expensiver,(much better) phone go for the sony ericsson k770i. The k700 i has a mp3 player built in but with 41 gb internal memory much better than the v220 and its features are amazing and takes the limits of a mobile phone to the extreme.

ch33tah
posted on 26 Aug 2005, 19:03

not bad really

i've had this phone for abt 8 months. sound could be a bit louder, the camera works great outside, but def. not for indoor dark areas (like in the club for example). The only thing that bothers me with this phone is the software crashes now and then.. esp when i'm using AOL instant messenger on it. usually happens when I'm scrolling to read the messages while someone has msg'd me. i didnt shell out heaps of money for this phone, so i'm happy all around. I made my own mp3 ringtones by using soundforge and the pc tools software to upload them onto my phone. I also really LOVE the iTap Predictive Text Input ... makes for txting really reallly easy. yeah the phone does scratch easily, and i've got a really bad habit of just dropping it into my purse when I'm on the run... but oh well!

Matt
posted on 20 Jul 2005, 14:17

4.6

Dont waste your Money

This phone is horrible, the reception is bad, the camera broke after 2 months (is wasnt that good before that), the only good thing is the speaker phone option, other than that it stinks. The ring tones and volume change on there own. This phone is horrible I would not reccomend this to anyone unless you were not planning on keeping it for longer than 2 months.

awesome
posted on 05 Jul 2005, 19:03

need to know the price

how can i purchase the phone if i dont know what i am getting my self into so send me the price and the specific of how i will be billed!oyea what about the go phones?

kingsbridge77
posted on 03 Jul 2005, 11:33

4.4

Very bad reception

Doesn't work in my building. It does work in my workplace, which is a building too, located in Manhattan. So it seems to be a Bronx thing.
Still, it SHOULD work in my building. I have to stick my head out the window to talk.
Sound is choppy. Camera phone yields bad pictures. I don't recommend this phone.

Kathy
posted on 01 May 2005, 14:29

Sucks

This phone is a major issue. Is camera sucks so bad its so dark no matter how you try to adjust it. It scratches easily. The phone (if you are strong enough) you could crush it with your bare hands. I hate it so much. But its desighn is aiight. Feature are ok but they only have one game the ring tones suck. The sound is ok and the speaker is OK. The price is a rip off it sshould be like $40.00. After that the phone is just a phone.

hostile13
posted on 21 Mar 2005, 17:06

pretty good phone

well these a pretty good phone everything is good except the camera ive had it for almost 6 months n its been perfect except the camera is horrible they should hav givin it a WAY beta camera otha then that its a great phone for teenagers like myself and ppl who stay home and have alot of friends and talk on the phone alot but definitly not for photo freaks!!! ne wayz im out lata

Ingrid
posted on 03 Feb 2005, 22:00

Great Phone!

I've had mine for 2 months and it's been a great phone. Very reliable and easy to use. I like not having to press a button to answer the phone. Just flip and answer! ;)

So yeah, I would definitely recommend it.

The Dude
posted on 08 Jan 2005, 16:54

What is their for people to complain about?

O.K. This is a great phone and have had no problems with it in the while that i have had it. The main thing people complain about is a small camera, but if you are buying for a camera then you should get a digital camera, the camera is designed for the background of the phone. The phone has very clear sound and excellent games built in. I would recommend this to anyone looking for one.

mojo_jojo
posted on 02 Jan 2005, 13:06

No problems

I got this phone through an online promotion with Cingular. Cost me nothing. I have had it now for approximately a month and have had no problems. The camera is what it is. But I have a 5mp Sony for real pics. I like the IM capabilities and the screen size and resoltion is fine.

jack
posted on 17 Dec 2004, 10:55

6.6

bad

this phone sucks sucks sucks !!!!!!! i would never ever get this phone nothing on it works right the cam suck sounds good though but still SUCKS!!!!!!

Alex
posted on 08 Dec 2004, 17:24

4.4

Serious Bugs and Poor Sound

I have had this phone for a just a few days over three months now and I've had nothing but trouble. The phone continually freezes and blacks out. I get dropped calls frequently and 90% of the time I can't hear the person I am talking to. Also the screen is incredibly small and the camera is horrible, even for a phone. I would not recommend this phone, im taking it back for the V551 or anything else. Don't buy this phone!

princess princi
posted on 26 Nov 2004, 16:46

BAD CAMERA

I HAVE THE V220 .THE PHONE IS GREAT THE FEATURE ARE GREAT AND IT ALSO HAVE EXCELLENT SOUND.HOWEVER THE CAMERA ON THE V220 SUCKS ITS HORRIBLE THATS THE ONLY DOWN FALL ON THE PHONE.SO IF U REALLY DON'T CARE ON HOW THE CAMERA IS IT WOULD BE A GREAT PHONE FOR YOU IF U DO IT WILL BE BETTER IF U GET THE V600

cmdavis
posted on 28 Sep 2004, 13:38

Awesome Phone

I just got this camera phone on cingular's site so I got it really cheap. I love the phone! The only problem I am having is email. I can't figure out how to email pictures on my phone to MY email address. Other than that... I love it. It doesn't have those fork ports that most motorola's have to it's easy to plug it in to charge and plug your headset into it and hard to mess it up! The phone quality on the ring tones are off the hook! The photo quality is good too, and it has a zoom.

Hunnan
posted on 27 Jun 2004, 18:02

Great

I think motorolla have done well with this, phone it looks great and preforms well, its also great value for money. I just hope it has a bit more memory than the nokia 3200 which has a pathetic 1 meg memory pool which can store crap all. Shocking!!!!!!!!!!!