Motorola ROKR Z6m User Reviews

Xander
posted on 27 Jul 2010, 18:20

I had this phone for about 2 years and absolutely loved it! Then I made the mistake of switching to the Motorola Crush which is NOT a good phone. I will be switching back  to my ROKR as soon as possible. The texting is so easy and everything works great. It really is a wonderful phone!!

Happy USCC customer
posted on 26 Jun 2010, 11:39

I have had the Moto ROKR Z6m forthree years.

I bought this phone shortly after it hit shelves at USCC. That was three years ago last October. It is still working as great as the day I bought it. However, last week the "slide assist" fell off finally, but every thing else about the phone has been working great.

Pros

• Custom home screen, contact details are complete, solid construction, battery life is okay when not listening to music, multiple alarms with the alarm clock is nice when on vacation, wide screen pics are nice as well as video.

Cons

• USCC requires you to subscribe to easyedge to use web features and pay extra to have a web browser, media player is built by Napster and has very limited volume and EQ settings.

Charlie
posted on 01 Sep 2009, 10:46

Rokr sucks as mutch as Motorola Customer service

This phone can't text because there is a problem with the software witch motorola can't fix beacuse out of warranty...THIS IS MY LAST MOTOROLA PHONE>>>

Cell Phone Fanatic
posted on 19 Aug 2009, 16:58

MAJOR FLAWS, Decent Phone

FLAWS: Piece you use to slide the phone open falls off.  Circle keypad falls off.  Middle button inside circle keypad falls off. Speakerphone speaker dies.  Plastic back of cell phone becomes tainted with color of blue jeans.
Everything that falls off can be super-glued back on - if you can find it... but it'll fall off again later anyways.

I rated:
Design:3 (because of the major physical flaws with the buttons)Features: 6 (because for its time it aimed to do a lot for its time - mp3, camera, voice to dial, bluetooth... - but not all of them worked well / worked)Performance: 7 (because as  normal phone - it was successful; as a camera - it lagged, its contacts lagged, it would randomly need a battery pull)

Pros

• small phone for several year old capabilities, loved the microSD card slot - being able to get pictures, videos, and sounds/ringtones on and off this phone with this feature was really really fun, nice display for the technology back then, good 2MP for back then, nice music player functionality, call clarity had no problems, range / service was not lacking.

Cons

• In addition to its major flaws: video playback limited to 15fps/ videos & sounds for the videos don't match up, voice dialer was useless, iTAP intelligent texting was also useless, consistent problems adding pictures to contacts locked the phone randomly & made looking at contacts lag for ~10seconds (that's with only 5 contacts having pictures)

janice
posted on 01 Jul 2009, 04:35

DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE

i have had this phone for over a year now and had to send it back three times. the plastic peice that you use to slide the phone up keeps popping off. its just glued on. they wont replace the phone for another one of equal value (alltel). they have me mail it in, and then they mail another one back, and in a month that one does the same thing. i used crazy glue on it so much, until now it wont stay on at all. it is poorly constructed. as for the reception and clearity, its ok. i am currently looking for a different type of phone, which means i have to reinstate my contract and pay out the wazoo for another phone, again DO NOT GET THIS PHONE!!!!

Dorlee Johnson
posted on 09 May 2009, 21:44

This phone sucks (Cricket Network)

This is my third phone in little over a year.  The first phone would cut itself whenever it felt like it, and it would change my ringtones and then i would tons of voicemails and no missed calls. The second and third phone ( the phone i have now is not working go figure) the buttons on the phone just stop working with no warning. I cant push the button to answer the phone or check text messages or even change my ringtone listen to music nothing all I can do is answer the phone and that is only because I have my phone set to slide to open, or if I have my bluetooth on. The phone would also just freeze up, and I have a really hard time sending txt message and getting on the internet. And do you want to know the worst part Motorola says that this issue is not there fault. So I wont be reimburst for any of the money I have shelled out to keep replacing this peice of junk.

Pros

• Love the video camera, music player,

Cons

• There is no flash for the camera so you need good ligthing to take pictures. There is no stopwatch, and you cant set the alarm clock to go off only mon-fri like i could do on cheaper phones

Graeme
posted on 04 Mar 2009, 17:03

Do not buy this phone !

Don't be fooled,
Sure it's pretty, but it's a piece of crap. Don't get me wrong, this phone does have a lot of good features and the reception, call quality, and battery life are all very good.
However, I have gone through 2 of these in the last year. The first one was replaced on warranty by Motorola (after being sent back 3 times and over a month or so) after 3 or 4 months because it was randomly resetting and turning itself off.
Once I got the new one I thought it would be all good.....I was sadly mistaken. This second phone has lasted me around six months and it is getting replaced today with something else. Everyone I have talked to that has this phone is experiencing the same problems that I have seen.
The little thumb piece on the front mysteriously disappeared, the door that covers the USB port stays on when it feels like it, the screen scratches if you look at it the wrong way (my screen is cracked on the side b/c I dropped the phone one time), and last but certainly not least the OS is inherently unstable. This new phone is doing the same stupid crap (resetting, turning off, not receiving texts) that the last one was.
I have had enough of this and now I am forced to do one of 3 things:

Live with this piece of crap for the next 2 years until my contract is done
Pay a nice little fee to tell SaskTel where to go and how to get there
Bite the bullet and sign a new contract so that I don't have to pay out the a** for a new phone

In conclusion,...

Pros

• - Good reception
  • - Good sound quality
  • - Decent battery life

Cons

• - Cheap, crappy construction
  • - Unstable OS
  • - Screen gets damaged very easily

ESCORT
posted on 17 Feb 2009, 16:55

sucks

=Phone has prob with charging the slider switch falls off! MUST BE MADE FROM CHINA CHEAP!MADE TO BREAK!METRO GREAT PLANS BUT VERY BAD PHONES!

Pros

• NONE

Cons

• NONE

Sio
posted on 04 Jan 2009, 17:16

Do not consider this phone.

I have had this phone for about half a year. US Cellular did not have a lot of phones with the features I was looking for. The extra feature I was most interested in was the camera, because I never know when a photo opportunity will pop up!
After a week, it slipped out of my pocket onto the ground, and the bottom plastic panel popped off! It's held in by four plastic pegs, which are less than secure. Two of them had broken off, but I managed to put the panel back on.
The clear thumb bar that you see in the picture (below the screen) is glued on and slid off of my phone after about a month.
One of my biggest peeves of this phone is the load time it takes to bring up my picture gallery. It will take up to a minute! My friends didnt believe me, so I showed them. They were like "damn."
So, imagine my irritation when I want to take a picture of something cool, but the camera won't load. By the time it has, the opportunity has passed! That was the reason why I chose this phone! My only criteria!
Now for the battery. If I don't charge it every night, my battery will drop down to half or more, depending if I was using it or not. When the battery finally goes to 'low battery', it will keep beeping to tell you. It's very annoying. It has enough battery to beep at you, but if you try to load any of the screens or make a call, THEN it will shut off. I've had my phone beep for half a day, but it would not die until the moment I tried to answer a call.
The phone charges via a mini usb port....

Pros

• high camera resolution

Cons

• Load time for pictures/camera screen up to 1 minute
  • Load time for other screens (contacts, etc) vary, but can take up to 20 seconds.
  • Phone will freeze unexpectedly
  • Will turn off for no reason
  • Short battery life
  • No flash for camera -- can't take photos of anything in low light
  • Plastic covers are very poorly attached and can easily break off.

Jay ???
posted on 14 Dec 2008, 01:44

Good phone

I've had this phone for a year now and with only a few problems. It's been pretty durable for me, I've dropped it on gravel a few times and the screen is still not scratched or anything like that. The screen does, however, show finger prints and smudge real bad. I just wipe it off good and keep going.
A few months back, I started having problems with the music player. It wasn't updating when I put new songs on the phone or deleted old ones. I deleted the SQLlite file on the memory card, and the music player just got stuck saying "Loading". I took it to the tech support people at US Cellular and they updated the firmware. Now, everything works like it's suppose to. The only problem now is that sometimes when scrolling through songs in the music player, the phone randomly restarts.
Battery life is so so. It always dies at inconvenient times, such as on long trips. Call quality is good. The contacts list is nice, the amount of detail you can add on a contact is good. But I wish they would show birthdays on the phone's calendar.
My dad's GF recently got the Samsung Delve. I think I would trade my phone in on that if I could. It has its own setbacks aswell, don't get me wrong. But that's off topic.
Overall, if you're looking for a new phone and want a slider, I guess I would have to recommend this. My cousin told me that all of the slider phones he's had broke, but this phone has been solid for me. The slider mechanism works nice and hasn't gotten loose or anything.
On a side note:...

Pros

• Music Player
  • Detailed contact information.
  • 2 megapixel camera, works well in proper lighting.
  • Good call quality.

Cons

• Battery life.
  • Some features feel lacking, there is much to desire.

posted on 02 Dec 2008, 08:24

this is a crappy phone it is falling apart and my screen cracked on day i don't think anyone shoule buy this its not worth the money... it fucking sux!

Pros

• NONE

Cons

• its sucked and the screen ccracks easy and it always freezes

Kyle
posted on 16 Nov 2008, 22:00

FINNALY!

omg i am so glad,,,,,.... when it is going to come out

Pros

• usable,fun, texture

Cons

• calls

posted on 01 Nov 2008, 16:18

Think twice

The phone looks good and is durable, but it didn't take long for things to start going wrong.
First the middle button just fell off.(Only glue holding then on) and the battery life sucked especially when runnnig the music player.
And i don't know if this was just me, but people would tell me i sent them the same text like 3 times. i took it in to USC and they couldnt find the problem.
Sometimes closing the phone would restart it or just turn it off
Speakerphone i never used cause noone could ever hear me.
My advice save your self the trouble and find a different phone

Pros

• Music Player works real well
  • good reception
  • Removable memory

• Speaker phone
  • Texting issue? 3-4 texts

posted on 15 Oct 2008, 15:43

I used to like this phone but then i started having problems with it. One day it just turned off and wouldnt go back on. I took it in and they replaced it with a new one and within a month or so it did the same thing. they replaced it again (they wouldnt give me a different phone) and i think its starting to do it again...DO NOT GET THIS PHONE! IT IS TERRIBLE!!!

Pros

• I like the music player

Cons

• Randomly turns off
  • Often sends txts 3-4 times

posted on 15 Oct 2008, 01:45

Great idesas, poor execution.

I got this phone when I got a new contract. I liked the idea of being able to take pictures and video or watch video and play music. The phone was very customizable. It worked just fine for a few months.
One day after adding some videos to the phone, it started to turn off and on and caught its self in a loop. I ejected the card and it acted just fine after I removed some media off the card. It started to happen more and more often. Now the phone randomly turns off while it is in my pocket. Some friends of mine who have this phone have lost buttons because they just pop off. I really love what this phone can do, but it shouldn't have made it to the market in the current state it is in. There should have been more testing for stability. I really think that motorola owes all the owners of this phone an apology and they should at least give free upgrades of the firmware.

Pros

• nice features

Cons

• VERY UNSTABLE PHONE! IT SHUTS DOWN UNEXPECTEDLY

Kenzie
posted on 12 Oct 2008, 20:11

Bad, Good, Terrible, Amazing

my 1st phone was bad. my next phone was this phone. it was good. i had it for a year & loved it. i didn't
have any problems till 1 day i just started turned off all the sudden. it did it alot. & then one day it wouldnt turn
on & it was completely but it was just my phone, right now i have a crazier. DO NOT GET THIS PHONE!!! it
never turns on & it never shows the numbers.. next month im getting LG Glimmer & im so so excited.. its so amazing!
i am really happy!!

pimpin nick
posted on 07 Oct 2008, 11:40

great

ive had this phone for a year and have never expierienced any probs. its sound quality is geat and i love having all my fav songs on my phone its easier on me to not have to carry my ipod and a phone. i have this phone for metro and im loving it. never have freezing probs like people hav previously said in reviews. it's a great phone i strongly reccomend for anyone who loves to talk,text, and listen to mp3's only one thing i dislike, its a total fingerprint magnet im constantly whiping. i give this phone a 9.5/10

Pros

• good features

Cons

• smudgy

SEH
posted on 25 Sep 2008, 14:29

Garbage P.O.S.

I have had the phone for less than 6 months and it:1. Turns off randomly. Usually 1-2 times a day.2. Sometimes freezes at the "Registering Applications" start-up screen3. MicroSD slot is faulty at times.There is no water damage and has only taken light bumps. Don't waste your money.

jaybeats35
posted on 20 Sep 2008, 13:06

Hate This New Motorola Z6M Phone ! Frozen on Start-up screen

I an with Metro PCS and I have always brought Nokia phones because i never have problems with them. But this year i purchased the motorola z6m phone had it for a few months, no problems other than the screen freezing or the phone freezing up during calls. Well one day I turned my phone off and when I turned it back on it was stuck on the silver m start up screen and has been that way ever since. Now mind you i just paid $ 318 for the phone plus 60 dollars for my monthly service which i couldn't use because the phone was messed up. i tried every thing to get it to work but nothing. when i took it to metro pcs, who was suppossed to replace it because it is still under warrenty, they basically told me they where going to do nothing to fix or replace my phone and they also told me they weren't reimbursing me any of my money. I'm not going through my insurance because i don't feel i should have to pay another 80 or 90 buck for another phone thats going to be refurbished and not new anyway. Now my only option is to send it to Motorola but when i try to fill out the form online for sending it in, the form keeps telling me i'm putting in the wrong county and wont move on past the first screen. i'm frustrated at this point and ready to sue Metro pcs and motorola because it's like they have basically stolen my money and left me with a defective phone and everyones attitude is like oh well. This sucks. Can anyone tell me a solution for this or at least the number to a good lawyer?

posted on 20 Aug 2008, 21:23

this phone is a totally POS..i have been threw 4 different ones....each one freezing up on the main startup Motorola symbol..other times it just shuts off and wont make calls..says things like call failed or cannot be processed. I cant wait for my contract to be up so i finally get rid of this thing.

token_84
posted on 06 Aug 2008, 11:21 (Posts: 0; Member since: 06 Aug 2008)

5.8

well where do i start me and my wife bolth bought the phones because when i was with t mobile i managed to get my hands a rokr and thought us cell has them so lets get them and a month later her phone had to be sent in to have it repaired because it would freeze when she went to her pics of music and a month later we get it back and its slower than dial up trying to do anything and on mine when i close it i gamble loosing data on the phone sometimes it resets its self and wipes out my ring tones and wall paper and i have to go back through everything and set it back up

tasha
posted on 03 Aug 2008, 10:41

kool

i love it it works just perfect for me its a great phone i would totally recommend it to anyone

kay
posted on 02 Aug 2008, 20:11

ringtones

i love this phone but there is only one problem i cant get my songs to work as ringtones. i dont understand why some people say that it works for all mp3 and eventhough mine are mp3 and they still dont work. :(

Lint
posted on 18 Jul 2008, 14:49

MOTOROKR - NICE PHONE

I've had this phone for a couple of weeks now and I have to say that I'm very happy with all the features packed into this tiny phone. I love the slider it's very sturdy and the screen doesn't wobble very much. Although almost every single slider phone has some wobble in the screen. Another key feature that I picked up on is the capabilities to use .mp3 files as your ringtones, any song, as long as its .mp3 can be used as a ringtone. Love that feature. It also plays music, perfect for the teen aged people. One more pro that I liked a lot is the light sensor. It is also called the battery saver according to the phone; it’s a little sensor in the front of the phone that picks up light so it knows when and when not to light up the keypad and soft keys. Amazingly helpful! There are a couple of things that I did pick up on that I did not like, mind you there are on two is the talk time of this phone. I find it not as long as I would have liked, but yet again, on the other hand if you don't do a lot of talking then you should be fine. The last con that I noticed about this phone is the keypad. The overall size of the keypad is alright, but the individual keys are hard to text on and are a little hard to see in the daylight because of the shiny-ness. Other than those little and harmless things I love this phone and would definitely own another one if it was given to me.

N/A
posted on 14 Jul 2008, 20:33

4.2

JUNK!!! Better phones out there...

Lots of features but half the stuff is cheap and could be better for the money...

not to mention you can't use personal ringtones with Alltels service...when i ordered it over the phone they said it would play personal mp3 ringtones...I was ripped off by both Alltel and Motorola