Motorola RAZR2 V9m User Reviews

Internet3.5/10
Display8.5/10

AlwysConfsd
posted on 23 Jul 2011, 13:41

Looks Good, Feels Good. But Crap.

AlwysConfsd has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I live in winnipeg. It got hot one day, high 30's (Celsius) then colder (about 18C) 2 days later. That was enough to cause enough water to condense in my phone and cause water damage!! which voided my warranty! I'm not sure if the water actually damaged it, but there is a little litmus strip inside the back of the phone which turned red, and totally voided my warranty!. That's a $360 phone ruined by a 25 degree change in temperature.

It also kept sending and receiving duplicates when not in perfect reception which is extremely annoying to you and those you're texting.

Battery struggles to make it any longer than 12 hours, even when just texting. Make a 20 minute phone call and you it drains your phone battery to almost nothing.

I will never buy a phone made by Motorola again, or use motorola. This phone was just crap. Battery sucked, reception was often iffy, and a change in temperature was enough to void the warranty and ruin the phone. So if you live anywhere with any moisture you're phone warranty could be potentially voided.

(Also the bowser is terrible.. Very very slow and doesn't load most things.

Build quality 1/10 Don't ever drop it. I got a small crack in the plastic on the front just because I had keys in the same pocket as my phone, and the keys pushed up it wrong and that's all it needed. I didn't bang my pocket against anything either.
Reception 7/10 even though it sends duplicates, I almost always was in 3G network. And I spend a lot of time out side of city Gliding at the Winnipeg Gliding Club. always have reception wherever I am.
Call quality 9/10 Phone calls were very clear.
Internet 2/10 painfully slow. dosen't load most things.
Multimedia 5/10 Very basic multimedia. Nothing outstanding. But it worked I guess.
Text input 8/10 easy to text with. seems to sometimes learn how you write. not always perfect though.
Display 10/10 Display was clear and clean. Very nice to look at and read.
Battery 1/10 Stuggles to make a long day just with texting.

Pros

• Looks Good
  • Feels Good
  • Nice to use sometimes

Cons

• Bad Battery
  • Water condenses inside just from temperature changes
  • like to send duplicates

Sue
posted on 05 Jan 2011, 17:29

Motorola V9 Razr2 Review

Sue has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Wonderfule Phone, The camera quality is wonderful, this phone has saved my life on more occasions than I would like to mention! very handy and durable for everyday use. It comes in different colors though mine is black. I purchased mine at pashacell.com and got in 3 days with free shipping included. I would definitely recommend them.

yeemike40
posted on 21 Sep 2009, 13:48

NO FIRMWARE UPDATE AFER I YR WARRANTY- SHAME, SHAME !!

Tried to update my V9M 's firmware when it would not find or pair with a bluetooth speakerphone.
After connecting it to the computer and logging on to the Motorola site, eventually I got a message saying it was out of warranty.

A call to Motrola Customer (non)Support was equally frustrating, I could not get past the frontline reception, who kept putting me on hold to get someone in the background to give her answers to my questions.

With that kind of service, I will be selling my Moto Shares , and this will be the last Product that I will buy from them.
Will also NOT recommend their products to friends and associates.

Pros

Cons

• Very Poor support

chels229
posted on 21 Jan 2009, 18:33 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Jan 2009)

RAZR2 is a Keeper

When I had my Razr 2 I really loved the phone. You could use the front display screen to check messages and so forth. It has a classy style. I like the size of the phone because it's large enough to get a grip onto it but not big enough to be considered bulky. It's an ultra sleek phone that you can't pass up.
I really didn't have any problems with this phone. The charge wouldn't keep up as good as I liked for it to, but I also stay on my phone 24/7. I'd recommend this phone to just about anyone.

Pros

• Big Screen
  • Front Screen Is Touch Screen
  • Ultra Sleek Design
  • Good Speakerphone

Cons

• Didn't Hold A Charge That I Expected
  • Buttons On Front Display Wouldn't Work Sometimes

redstu36
posted on 01 Jan 2009, 15:21 (Posts: 37; Member since: 28 Sep 2008)

Finally a phone for us big handed folks.

I have had this phone for about a month now or so and I really like this phone. I have big hands and this phone is large enough that I am not dropping it all the time. It also has large buttons and a large internal display. The external display is a little too large for my taste but its alright just the same. The camera on it is first rate. At 2.0 megapixels, it will take good photos in just about any light, but is best when taken outdoors. It has a memory card slot and the phone really needs it, because you just want to load it with pics, vids and music. The only problem is that the card slot is under the battery. The surface of the phone is mirror-like and very shiny which can prove a problem if you want to keep fingerprints off of it. It is made of metal and has a metal feel and is also quite heavy for a phone but is durable at the same time. The battery life is good and can last a few days on a charge w/o talking alot.
The drawbacks are that is scratches easily, the mp3 player has no equalizer, but after listening to it for awhile you really don't notice much. It really doesn't sync well with my comp unless you use a card reader or Motorola Phone Tools, which makes transfers really slow. For someone with smaller hands and fingers, could be quite a handfull. I would recommend this phone to anyone who wants a nice camera phone and has problems with all these microscopic phones on the market today.

Pros

• Large size
  • Great Camera
  • Easy to use menus
  • Expandable memory

Cons

• Scratches easy
  • Hard to keep clean
  • Doesn't sync very fast
  • Memory slot under the battery

posted on 28 Dec 2008, 09:56

This phone won't stay charged

I like the feel anf ease of use of this phone, but then.......From day one the phone will not stay charged. US Cellular replaced the battery twice and sent the phone in to be repaired twice, all to no results. Because of this phone and the lack of US Cellular to resolve the problem, I will leave that carrier after 11 yeasr of being with them.

kelsey
posted on 21 Nov 2008, 21:32

don't get it

okay this phone is awsome but I broke it for times with in 2 months.  It has no inside screen protection.

posted on 31 Oct 2008, 00:51

I have had FIVE of these phones.....I take good care of them and then they break on me and lose all of my contacts and music....the music is recoverable but still.....the phone itself is awesome and I am going to miss it but its ridiculous that motorola couldnt make them last more than a couple of months.......that is why they quit making them...

Pros

• awesome design

Cons

• break without any abuse

Joey77
posted on 05 Oct 2008, 08:17 (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Oct 2008)

I dont know why........

I know I'm posting another review about this phone, well i wont do another one. I'm just so pissed off that it got an 8/10 this phone at least deserves a 9/10, cmon. Its really nice and is very slim, and very tough and durable. Its  external display is huge with touch sensitive buttons aand offer haptic feedback, bluetooth, stereo bluetooh (it is maybe the only phone that provides lots of files, unlike the SAMSUNG INSTINCT. It has crystal talk which= excellent call quality, motorola is really good with their signal (i find them the best manufacturer for phones), its supports lots of music, 2MP camera which has excellent photo quality the best I've ever seen on a 2MP camera, because some arent good (like the instinct), you can watch live TV, 65k internal screen is still really nice, its 240 by 320 pixels. Full HTML browser, messaging including, predictive text messaging and MMS. You can also acces your emails on YAhoo, Gmail and so on. So this phone does not deserve a 8/10, it deserves a 9/10 if not 10/10. The only issue with this phone could be the software, but its still alot times faster than the original razr, and why do the reviewers always think about the software first, its maybe one of the last things you should think about, theres so many other stuff that they should think about.

Pros

• - look at my other review

Cons

• - look at my other review

Joey77
posted on 04 Oct 2008, 23:36 (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Oct 2008)

Beautiful phone, AND packed with features.

This phone is absolutely amazing!!! Its a really nice phone with a huge external display, and it has lots of features like  bluetooth, camera and video recorder, high speed EVDO, music player, touch sensitive external display.....and trust me those are only the basics and theres still a lot more. I really like the way motorola made this phone they thought about making it pretty tough because toughness/durability play a big role for mobile phones; well the hinge is like a rock, metal gives it a good feel and makes it sturdy all that= a sexy phone thats TOUGH.So all in all this is a great phone its is beautiful, dont even get me started with the features :) and the performance is good... I recomend everyone to buy this phone cause its got everything, it has a nice durable and sexy design, this phone is goofd for a kid cause its so durable,and adults can get whatever they want on this phone!!

Pros

• -Beatiful, super slim
  • -Packed with features
  • -2MP camera that has excellent quality and has some options
  • -Video recorder
  • -Huge external screen, with touch sensitive controls and haptic feedback
  • -Really tough and durable
  • -Micro USB makes downloads quick
  • -High speed data
  • -Full HTML browser
  • -Music
  • -MMS texting, predictive text
  • -1000 phonebook entry, with some other options like groups...
  • -Crystaltalk= makes it have spectacular call quality.
  • - 2GB of micro Sd space

Cons

• -Micro SD need behind bettery cover (its ok if you dont really move it a lot though).
  • -Not the best software
  • - :( 65k internal screen (but its still prety sharp cause of resolution)

Adam
posted on 10 Aug 2008, 19:41

I have had this phone for a few months and i have not yet found anything wrong with it. The overall design is great, and fits in my front pockets perfectly. At first i thought it would get scratched up with the car keys in my pocket as well, but so far nothing. Being able to check messages without opening your phone is a great feature, and being able to make calls with it closed is great as well. I wish i would be able to chnage the buttons on the external display, but i will get by without it. Signal quality is exceptional. I have at least 5 bars at all times unless i am in a small town with very little towers, then i have 2. I have never dropped a call with this phone, and i go through those little towns often. Text messaging is good on this phone, just like any other phone. Battery life is good at times. depends if the phone gets a good charge or not. The only issue so far that i had with this phone is that the 2,5,7, and 9 button didn't always work. Luckily it happened within one year, and is being repaired at no cost. Friends of mine that had this phone have had a issue with the main screen, at certain angles there appeared to be a bubble. It usually happened within 2 weeks of them having it, but beings everyone was having this problem, it was repaired at no cost. GPS is great on this phone, minus the cost per month to have it! I would highly recommend this phone to anyone who wants a small, durable, and great phone.

Will Gayther
posted on 01 Aug 2008, 10:57

NOTE: I originally posted this as a review for the LG Chocolate 3 vs. the v9m. Since it's so long, I don't have the time to rewrite it, but I thought it was a useful comparison.

If you read the official phonearena review, they say that this phone replaces the Motorola v9m for voice quality and reception. I had a chance to buy this phone and the v9m for a week and use them almost side by side. I also had the LG 8350.

This phone is indeed an excellent phone. It had excellent reception - and since I live and work in fringe reception areas, I've had plenty of chances to test it out. It's not a miracle - in the really bad places (like the interior bathroom in my apartment, where I tested it side by side with the 8350 and v9m) I would have small dropouts in the conversation if I was moving around. My testing and usage suggested that it had equal reception to the v9m. They both had better reception than the 8350 - places where these 2 phones would drop out little parts of words, the 8450 would lose entire words. Again, I tested it several times, often with the phones side by side.

When I got my 8350, I thought that it's voice quality was excellent. Finally - a phone that I could hear what people were saying! I've been using cell phones for 5 years, so although I was used to the fact that you can't always hear all the detail in someone's voice. I figured it was just the limit of what cell phones were capable of - all my other phones had had the same thing. Then I got this phone (the...

posted on 28 Jul 2008, 23:22

picture for people who are not into high-tech phone such as Iphone, Dare, and Instinct. Very thin and heavy, but it's sturdy. i dropped this phone many times. it left marks but it still works fine. touchscreen is great, just missing texting on it. never lag for me. very loud. great signal reception. battery life sucks. call quality is excellent. it's the best on the Verizon's network. very basic phone and that's all everybody needs a phone that works well.

LOVELYLADY
posted on 27 Jul 2008, 01:33

ALL CELL CARRIERS HAVE SOME PHONE ISSUES!

AS WITH ANY OTHER CELL PHONE CARRIER THEY ALL HAVE THEIR FLAWS WHEN IT COMES TO PHONES. ONE OF THE FEATURES THAT I LUV ABOUT MOTOROLA PHONES IT THAT YOU CAN SET YOU PHONE 2 CONTACTS ONLY AND IF ANYONE CALLS THAT ISN'T IN YOUR CONTACTS IT SENDS THEM STRAIGHT 2 VOICEMAIL. I'VE HAD THE RAZOR V3M SINCE I'VE BEEN WITH SPRINT AND YES IT'S HAD IT'S FREEZES AND ALL BUT HAS NEVER SHUT OFF BY ITSELF LOL. I DIDN'T PAY A DIME FOR RAZOR2 V9M BECAUSE IT WAS A REPLACEMENT PHONE FOR MY V3M SO I DEFINATELY CAN'T COMPLAIN. WITH ANY OF THE CARRIERS OUT HERE THEY ALL HAVE THEIR PHONE PROBLEMS LOL. TRY HAVING METRO PCS A.KA. "METRO PIECE OF SHIT" LOL. NOW THAT'S BY FAR ONE OF THE WORST CELL PROVIDERS AND IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG WITH YOUR PHONE....GUESS WHAT? THEIR INSURANCE COVERS NOTHING, NADA, ZILTCH LOL AND YOU HAVE 2 BUY A NEW PHONE EACH TIME AND THEN COMES ALLTEL....EVER WONDER WHY THEY ARE CALLED ALLTEL....BECAUSE THEY DON'T TELL YOU ALL THAT'S WRONG WITH THEIR PHONES LOL. I KNOW PEOPLE WITH THESE COMPANIES AND IT SEEMS LIKE JUST ABOUT EVERYONE I KNOW IS SWITCHING 2 SPRINT, AT&T, T-MOBILE OR VERIZON. FROM WHAT I'VE HEARD VERIZON IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE THEN SPRINT OUT OF THE OTHER CARRIERS BUT SPRINT AND VERIZON HAS THE BEST SERVICE. IN THE END NO MATTER WHAT CARRIER YOU GO WITH THEY ALL HAVE FLAWS RATHER IT'S THEIR PHONES, CUSTOMER SERVICE OR INSURANCE NONE OF THEM TELL THEIR ANY OF THEIR CUSTOMERS EVERYTHING.

MotorolaExpert
posted on 21 Jul 2008, 22:17 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Jul 2008)

I am in love....

originally the MotoRAZR was a pretty decent phone, exept for the battery life. I had the V3c for two years and got the RAZR 2, and got exactly what i wanted. it has great sound quality, massive amounts of memory, and is very reliable and has the most muscle a phone could every have. it might be thin but its heavy, and i like having a sturdy phone knowing that it will not break easily.the touch screen on the front works fantastic, and themusic player is just what the doctor ordered.battery life is average, and the expandable memory can go up to 4 g's, which is about how much i need for the junki i put in my phones! although the phone gets A LOT of fingerprints, it still does shock me knowing that this phone worked way beyond my expectations. i hope this review told ou a ll on why you guys should get this phone. : )

posted on 01 Jul 2008, 05:22

its a little heavy to text one handed, but the buttons are big.im able to great ringtones. ive dropped it idk how manytimes and havent broke it yet,i have althought scratched it more than once on the front...but its not like you cant get a cover to help protect against that.i love the touch screen buttons on the front....people shouldnt whine about it doing stuff they dont want it to at a certain time because all you have to do is hold down the button next to the volume control on the outside and itll lock/unlock it.the battery life isnt the greatest though

posted on 01 Jul 2008, 05:15

I absolutley love this phone...but some of the buttons stick, or it wont send messages, or freezes, or shuts itself off, but overall its a great phone =]

posted on 30 Jun 2008, 21:40

Best sound quality on Verizon's Network. But battery life sucks.

pcberdwin
posted on 20 Jun 2008, 16:41

meh

Here's a follow-up from my first review: It's been almost a year using this phone and am giving experiance feekback vs first impressions. UI is slow. Have had crashes, hangs and restarts while messaging (mostly). Phone call disconnects. Corners of phone are cracking. A strip of about 7 pixels on right edge of screen have died, covering up any scrollbars. There was one update early on that fixed whatever but this phone is still loaded with problems AND I HOPE TO GOD THEY RELEASE AN UPDATE!! thanks

Siarra Wood
posted on 05 Jun 2008, 09:19

This Phone is Garbage !!!

I have had this phone for only two months. One of the months it was away for repair as the crystal faceplate cracked when I left my window open at night while I slept. Keep in mind; It was May so the air was not that cold but the small amount of cold air that did creep into my room managed to crack the faceplate.

Finally got the stupid thing back from repair and have had it for about two weeks and low and behold, the same thing happened.

I DO NOT reccommend this piece of crap for anyone to buy.

PS if this happens to your phone, it is not covered by warranty !!!

anonymous
posted on 17 May 2008, 19:53

its ok, better than the origiinal razr

i think it is a good phone, i havent had any problems with it.
its basically your regular flip phone except for the fact that its super thin.

the external and internal display is huge. it takes great pics/vids wit the 2.0 mgpxl camera. the 3 touch screen buttons are pretty cool i guess, i can live without them tho. it fits in the pocket great, and i love how thin it is. its easy fast and fun to text on, the buttons are all flat. the screen and call qualityy is great

the thing that sucks is that the camera doent have a flash, who cares it still takes good pics. the battery life is horrible, its short. i hate where the micro sd card is placed (u have to remove the back cover to access it). the speaker for the mp3 isnt as high as i would like. and you can NOT turn off the shutter sound for the camera =P the phone also scratches easily (not the screen but the out side of the phone)

its a great phone, deffinatly better than razr1. i would suggest the phone because it is cool and fun...i just think that its over priced...u can get cooler phones (retail price of razr2 $430, 2 yr contract signed $280)

Mike
posted on 12 May 2008, 15:24

its OK

This phone is ok, but it really can't dominate as much today as the original Razr did. The menu is ugly, but the phone over all looks fantastic. It deffinitely kicks the original Razr's but. Motorola needs to make an ultra slim touch screen phone...it would be a hit. It could probably even do as well as the original Razr did. Over all, this phone is deffinitely the most stylish phone on VZW's line up. (BTW This phone is overpriced!)

posted on 01 May 2008, 07:04

5.6

Got the phone a couple of weeks ago. Battery life was not very good at first, had to have it worked on after a week or so. Now it seems ok but will not hold the charge unless it is turned off while charging. The phone sounds nice and looks good, but it's not worth the price I paid. Going to turn it back in for a different phone.

stephanie
posted on 21 Apr 2008, 18:21

ok phone

the retail price is about $420, i would say the phone is worth $150-200

the touch screen is cool. the only thing is that when you put it in ur poket u might turn something on at an unwanted time.

the screen is nice and big, and overall the phone is VERY thin.

texting is good. the buttons are kinda far apart.

the sd memory card is good for putting pics on it and setting them as ur screensaver, the only thing that sucks is that u have to remove the back cover in order to remove the sd card

the phone scratches pretty easily. the phone doesnt freeze that much....maybe like once a week

there are many cool features and i love the huge external display screen. the camera is wonderfull and takes amazing pics. it doesnt have a flash..but who cares.

razr2 is better than razr1 and krazr...overall its a good phone for all ages with its few flaws (just like every other phone)

Princess
posted on 10 Apr 2008, 12:38

6.4

horrible

this phones is the worst phone i had in my life!!! the battery life is horrible...i have to charge my phone at least 4 times a day. this is my third phone of this 2008 year. it freezes up alot. i would not get this phone at all. i am trying my best to get rid of it!!!